Support group - Miscarriages

Princess,
Glad to see u back as strong.
Got to remember, u ever pregnant twice before. Meaning u doesn't have any prob conceiving. Consider a good news. We got to stay positive to recieve our rainbow bb once again. Hug hug! Jiayou!!

Now I really doesn't wan think any further. The more I wanted, the more I feel the pain.
Now I'm focussing on my mother n hope she back to good health.
Who knows, maybe the time we give up. We might strike unexpectedly. Hehe!

Alison,
My D&C took me ard 6 mths to recover back my hormones.
Until my gynea give me clomid to restart my hormones, then it back to normal.
For some lady it takes only 3 mth to recover. No worries it normal.

Believe all gov hospital share the same systems which able to check ur medical record. But some doc might request u to redo the test again. Heard that they only accept result that less then 6 mth. For ur medical report, no harm asking from them. U paying for those tests wor. Hehe!

Hi ALison

For my case it is pretty expensive as I have an autoimmune issue where the baby is regarded as a foreign object and being attack. That treatment to counter that known as IVIG is extremely expensive.

For your case if is more of placenta issue I dont think it will not be too costly. I however recommends you that you to the polyclinic and ask to be referred to the miscarriage clinic. It will be highly subsidised.

Since KKH is a local hospital they are able to access information on a portal. I see my endo doc at SGH and from NUH they are able to see my readings and medicine etc. I am sure they are also able to access your files if you request for the transfer.

Ladies if you are of age dont waste time thinking if I want to ICIS/IUI/IVF etc. Just do it.. egg quality diminish as we age.

All very commendable ladies here.. I love =)

Celest,

Glad to hear your mum is ok now
happy.gif
Good to go for a short holiday break, keep yourself in a happy relaxed mood.. Enjoy your trip!!
happy.gif

Alison,

I also took raspberry leaf tea after my m/c last time.. I believe it helped.. My af took 3 cycles before it went back to the usual cycle length and flow, so don't worry, i think yours is fine.. My doc told me it's normal too.. Just continue to eat well and rest well.. Take care!

dolly,

Normal means in terms of the cycle length and the menses flow is the same as before the mc.

min81,

How are you? Which trimester now?
happy.gif

Hi ladies, am new here and would like some advise. I went for my 1st scan last wk when I shd b 7 wks. Only a sac n yolk was seen. Did another scan today ( wk 8). Still no heartbeat n sac is even smaller than wk 7. Gynae thinks its a gone case n suggested to stop the progesterone support I ve been taking.. Going to ve last scan nx wk. But m preparing myself for the worse. Shd I wait for natural m/c or do a D&C? N shd I do a mini confinement aft it?

My bb h/b stop at wk7+. My gynae advise me to go dnc as he said the sac quite big If natural I may not b able to take the bleeding. I will faint he said.wat did ur gynae advise?

Hopeful: Just follow what doctor advice you.

Dollygal: Good choice. My sac was smaller less than 10cm, i decide for natural mc, and it did happened few weeks later, and it was the most traumatic experience. But when the sac came out, it was such a relieve but I feel sad.
sad.gif

My gynae let me choose.. Last wk the sac was 16mm then this wk was 14mm. I m going to c her one wk later again. She did suggest D&C cux she saw how devastated I was when she broke the news n said D&C will shorten my pain.. But the idea of going into an OT to remove my bb is really unbearable..

N shd I do a mini confinement?

Hopeful, whether dnc or natural, its still a pain to our heart.
I thot i was calm but once i enter ot, i start tearing...

Thx ladies.. Will wait for another wk n c wat happens..

Btw wat do we do or eat during mini confinement? Is it exactly what we so for normal confinement but for 2 wks instead of a mth?

Hopeful, try to follow confinement food if possible. Some sisters order tingkat service, whether 2-4 weeks depend on individual. For early and natural m/c, most prefer to go back to work than stay at home so 2 weeks may be about right. Also, take lots of longan red dates boiled with ginger and wear socks to keep body warm.

Really hope you don't have to do any of the above, good luck and hope things will turn out otherwise. Takecare.

i wish i am the one again testing of pos for positive, right now I need to pos hoping for a negative hpt reading. Sad...

Hi Ladies,

Sorry to hear abt all your loss.... stay positive is the only way out... although at times we are really very sad and wonder why it happens to us but then is nothing we can do...

So let's all jia you for a rainbow baby soon....

Hi Princess, seeing my gynae next Monday. Most prob will go for D&C cux I would like a proper closure..

Hi all, lets Jia you together!

Hi ALiSon (iamali), understand your misery. In fact we are similar in some ways, even the questions you asked is what I asked myself too. Anyway, continue to love what you love to do and rest well. One day, we will all have our previous baby for us to love...
happy.gif

Sad to see new faces on the board, I hope we can 'graduate' from here with our rainbow babies soon. To be honest, I think only the ladies here can understand how we feel. I have been surrounded by so many pregnant ladies/ new mums recently. Of course I am happy for them but sharing their joy also amplify the sadness that I feel inside at the same time. I keep thinking things like "if i didnt have the fist miscarriage mine will be 3 months now" or "if the last miscarriage didnt happen i would also be delivering end of the year as well". I feel bad for being so green with jealousy.

I think I'm feeling down because I'm going back to NUH to collect my test results next week. I'd put baby-making to the back of my mind for the last 2 months as we're told not to try till the test results are out. Just nervous about what's in store.

Hi dawn (dawnies), I went through the tests as well. At the end of the day, the findings might not point to the root causes as well but "maybe" answers again, However, it does give the indication of where to look out for in next pregnancy. Keep your hopes are, we are in this together...
happy.gif

Hi dawn and horsie I can understand the feeling totally I miscarriage twice while people around me just keeps on getting pregnant and I will ask why me out of the 1% who will have recurrent mc is just not fair.. Going back for my check up the end of this month really hope everyone here can have their rainbow babies soonest!

I Feel sad especially closed colleagues n frds pregnant ard me. N now my colleague inviting me to his ivf twins baby shower. Happy for him but I just dun feel like facing the bb at this moment.

Dollygal, is normal... we understand how you feel.... like me seeing so many friends pregnant and birth and if not baby will be same as his... 6mths and my sil staying together is current pregnant and delivery end of Sep. We just have to face it...

Hi Mangochia,

Me! I have had 3 recurrent misacarriages and manage to get a live birth last year. I told myself to try and with God's blessing I manage to locate the recurrent miscarriage clinic in NUH.

Granted I felt so much anguish when people were multiplying like rabbits while we remain barren. It is a phase.. we all went through.... there is nothing to feel sorry about at all in my opinion for feeling the way we felt.

Girls dont delay seeking treatment because as we aged our eggs quality diminish. There can never be a real concrete answer but a hint is better than trying blindly.

My little girl is all of 15 months and I thank God everyday.

Remember girls... we are were chosen because we are better for God LEAVES no one barren... I am positive he remembers us !

Hi Mangochia,

Me too. I have had 2 recurrent miscarraiges and manage to give birth finally this March. I visited the NUH recurrent miscarriage clinic too. I think same time as Ling. Just she graduated earlier.

Stay positive and you will be there one day. Jia you!

dollygal

hugs, i felt the same last year when i had mc too.
it is very normal to feel this way. If you don't feel like attending, then just reject his invitation. This was what i did too. it is not wrong. We are just protecting ourselves... Only meet them when you are ready..... But you will soon see your rainbow baby again. Don't lose hope !!

Hopeful

Do a good confinement and build up your health again. I really believe your baby is watching over you and hope you can quickly get out of the darkness.... You will see your rainbow baby soon !! All the best to you. Jiayou to all ladies here !!!

Celest, Princess,

How are you all !!

Hi Ling(lux) and xiaobibi

Felt so much better after seeing your replies
happy.gif

I'm starting with the tcm to tiao my body first and hopefully my faith in believing one day I will become a mother of one instead of mother of Angels.

My husband like kids alot and at the same time it's hurts alot to go thru the d&c process twice. Needing to be strong and normal Infront of everyone after what had happened also needs alots of courages so everyone here are warriors already hahas.

It's like people around you don't understand what you've been thru and sometimes their words or actions really just keeps on remind you of the angels you've lost.

Bibi!

Yes looking back it was like so long ago right?! I remember we were through this phrase vexed and angsty

Mangohope, Dont mind I say this but sometimes TCM can only do so much. In my case of antibodies issues seriously I doubt any amt of TCM can do anything. Granted I visited Dr Zou religiously 2x a week for 1 year odd I do felt my body get stronger as in I seldom fall sick. It can Tiao but it cannot eliminate chronic illness if it is already present. In my case with my hypothyroid issue I felt I wasted 1 year just focusing on TCM alone

IF possible seek help from both avenue.

Just believe in watever u have done ..seeing tcm is vy individual thing. Some ppl just dun believe in tcm but i personally feel there is still some help...

Just do watever u feel its right n won't regret that u have not try before.

Its all god will...

Hi ladies

i finally found this support group! I had a miscarriage in april this year. there isn't anyone that i can talk to. worst part is my hubby, being the pantang type, "blame" me for telling my close friend that i am preg and thats y miscarriage.

because i found out my hubby did not tell me that his sister is also preg (same time as me). i asked him why did he keep it from me and he said pantang. i may be sensitive , but i never expect my hubby to actually kept the news from me!

like what everybody mentioned, there is no reason given from the gynae as in why we miscarriage. the only thing we can do now is to support each other and be positive again. I believe we will have our angels eventually!

Hi dollygal

True I have no regrets trying TCM to better my health. But if anyone have recurrent miscarriages this is not sometimes what TCM can "cure" at times and not about how cooling the body is. It depends on one's condition if you have an antibodies issue in my case.. even Dr Zou is puzzled because she though my condition is good until I did detailed check at NUH.. Thus seek both avenue is the best

Hi Ling,

I'm going back to tmc at the end of the month to check again, I did the Chromosome test but its all normal. The tcm said might be becos of bad sperm also.

For your treatment at NUH isit very costly? And how frequent do you go for the check ups?

I guess the best reasons we can give ourself is that the baby is not healthy and just bad luck.

Lets all hope for the best! Jiayou ladies!

Hi Mangohope

Unfortunately it is more than a simple Chromosome test... for recurrent and when we say recurrent it is 2 times or more they do a very detailed blood test. Some may find the reasons but it is also a best guess for most cases. Of course there are plenty of people who have 3 or more mc and went on to get pregnant and live birth without any assistance

Blood test I did was up to 2K but because I did the subsidy route ended up it was a 200-300 dollars test.They must have taken 12 vials of blood or something for testing and I did these test a couple of times when I was pregnant too but to a lesser volume.

For my case, I have elevated antibodies reading that seems to be attacking the fetus as the body recognize it as a foreign object. To bring the antibodies to low activity, Treatment start when I got pregnant I need to go through this IVIG drip. The trip is transfuse into our body and the content is actually a blood product and that should be adminstered once every 4 weeks. 1 time last for 3-5 hours depending on your condition. Fortunately for me I took about 6 times and readings start to stabilize. Unfortunately for IVIG there is no subsidise and per treatment is 2K odd. I also know a few who went to NUH clinic however do not have this problem and only require close monitoring. There is no single fool proof treatment.

Check up for :

1st trim it was every 2 weeks
2nd trim every 3 weeks
3rd trim first half was every 2 weeks
Pass 30 weeks was every week.

If you ask me if it was worth it... I would say definetely. The docs told me there was no guarantee but I will try..

In my opinion if there is intervention I really dont want to just say bad luck. Destiny is in our hands at times. Let's just reach out. =)

Same here! Had 3 mid trimester miscarriage n finally a live birth! Was followed up by Prof Mahesh in his pte clinic n recurrent pregnancy loss clinic with Dr Sheila too, i had sticky blood problem n needed high dose of anticoagulant. Its costly but $$ well spent

Hi All,
I am new here and i need some advices on my problem.

I was diagnosed with blighted ovum and had a D&C on May 16. After the surgery, i had minimum spotting. No menses till now.

Cutting the story short, i had had very bad cramp for the past 2 months but still no sight of menses. Went to the gynae who had given 2 shots of progesterone to induse my menses but still no luck.

Gynae had done a scan for me last week and was able to spot the "menses" in my uterus but it is not "flowing" out.

What should i do next?

Hi meow,

I guess the only solution is to wait.
After my 1st mc I also waited like 2 months plus before my menses come. Been having irregular circles after that.

Ling,
Guess I should start saving up and go for the test before I conceive again!
Thanks for your infor!

Hi meow,

Sorry to hear about that.. Hugz.. My 1st AF after D&C was very little, more of like discharge than red flow.. So i started taking Raspberry Leaf Tea faithfully everyday as i read that it's good for the uterus.. My next AF came very soon abt 22 days later and the flow was very heavy and smooth with minimal cramps.. I continued with it and my 3rd AF was regular with regards to my usual cycle days and flow.. I guess it helped? You might wanna give it a try since there's really nothing much to do now but wait.. You can get the tea at Cedele cafes, they place it with all those jam and foodstuff that they sell.. Take care!

Hi Mangohope,

The gynae kept telling me that he can see the "menses" in his scan and that it will flow out soon but i just kept getting those super intense cramp in which i couldnt even have the strength to pee, its like they are trapped inside and unable to flow out. I can actually feel the movement in my uterus. (like having a sudden heavy flow but nothing came out). I read somewhere about asherman syndrome and am worry that it could be happening to me. I just wonder if anyone had experience the same thing as what i am going through.

Hi min81,
I will get some rasberry tea over the weekend. Hopefully it will help. It's just weird that most people experience some sort of spotting or light bleeding after the D&C but i had nothing more than 2 droplets of blood on the day after my D&C which is in May until now. All i am getting are cramps and more cramps.
sad.gif

Thanks girls for all the good words. Really appreciate.

Hi Me0w

Raspberry Tea have had a good effect on me after my mc.... It is said to contract the womb and encourage purge.

It could be me but I prefer to get from babydustshop because the loose tea was more fragant than the packaged tea and somewhat felt more original.

If there is adhesion of tissues in the case of asherman your gynae will probably see it in his scan.

VAC I was with AP Mahesh and Dr Sheila too.. nicest and most empathetic doctors I ever met! Can I ask if it is expensive to give birth on the private clinic with Dr Mahesh

Hi Ling,

I am in Taiwan now as my hubby is a taiwanese so i will try to locate a source for the rasberry tea from here. If i cant find any good ones here then i will get them from your recomendated website. I will go to the gynae for another scan and tell him my concern, hopefully can pick up something from the scan...

Thanks.

meow

i suggest you go to another gynae to scan as well to get a 2nd opinion. Cos it is very strange to hear that you got cramps but then no flow at all even after d&C..

Back