Support group - Miscarriages

Hi Mama Aki,
If you ask me, personally I think your case could be just random, though is sad. Is like when implantation not done well that cause it since you already have a lovely girl prove it. My advice is rest well, get nourish properly and hope the next one come with your body well prepared for. Cheers!

Hi

I have scheduled d&c next wed, currently I have having brownish discharge for 2 days already but no cramps. This is my 2nd dc but I read that it's best to have natural m/c which I m hoping for too. I am not sure when will I have the big cramps . Any one of you can advise? Thanks

Praise
it can happen anytime..since you prefer natural, why not just wait out and see..this will be ok considering if you're not working. Else it'll get tricky if it happens at work, outside lunchtime etc.. hugs for you and hope you'll stay strong..

mamaAki
agree with horsie that your case might be a random one but if you want to be sure, go for the test to rest your mind else you'll keep wondering 'why..what?' etc..my 2 cents

dawn
how are you now?

TJ78
Is your AF here yet? Hope you're keeping well..

Still waiting...have been taking the medication doc has given me regularly. gotta wait for a little while more. Never wanted AF to arrive so badly...
sad.gif

Thanks all..

Praise, how far on are you and what is your situation? Mine is blighted ovum and I wld have been 9-10weeks now. I started brownish discharge that lasted over a week followed by slow dark red/brown bleeding and finally just started bleeding heavily today after 2 weeks.. Passing out a lot of globs hopefully can skip the D&C *fingers crossed*, everyone is different so I agree.. If u r not too far on, why not wait and see for a natural mc since that is also what u hope for.

Praise,
For my natural miscarriage, I had brown discharge for about nearly a week, then the tissue was passed out. Hugs to you.

ChrisL,
I'm feeling much better now, thanks. I have accepted the reality by now. Just gotta stay strong and get through it. Havent made up my mind whether to have D&C or natural miscarriage yet, will decide after seeing Dr Mahesh on Thurs.

Hi

My sac and bb showed abt 5wks plus.

I am working and i hope it will flush out before wed so that can scan to see if need ops. I am like having normal menses (red col and maybe day 3 flow) but no cramping at all. I heard usu will have massive painful cramps. Even if flushed out doesnt mean is clean, might have to do d&c too.

Dawn

Hi Praise,

My previous loss was also at 5+weeks. I didnt experience any cramping at all when I miscarried. The tissue just came out and a very heavy flow followed for about 3-4 hours. After that the flow was reduced to a regular period quantity. If there is any leftover tissue inside, the doc might give you cytotec to flush it out. For my case I still ended up with D&C as there was a small piece left inside. The doc did say its OK to leave it and see if it will flush itself out with the next period but there would be a risk of infection.

Dear dawn, Praise, Mama Aki
Sorry to hear about your loss.
Have a good mini confinement and plenty of rest during this period!! i am sure you will see your rainbow baby again !! pls do not give up !!

Princess, how are you now?

Princess, Celest, Chris, Min and all sisters who had been here for me during my toughest time last year...

I can't thank you guys enough as you had been my listening ears, Support pillars, best advisors and you all had been very caring towards me.

I have my bfp now. And all these is because of your support during this tough journey.

I never forget the "Secret" that Princess has shared with us, and many useful advice that all the rest of you had given me.

I am not good with words but I sincerely wish all sisters here well, and please do not give up hope. Baby dusts to everyone of you !!!

JT78
relax and it'll come cos sometimes stress makes af late too..and also our hormones in our body play a part in delaying Af..hugs

praise
just monitor and see if the cramps come soon..take care!

Dawn
all the best for your dr appointment and hope you'll get good advices from him
happy.gif

Hui
Wah congrats leh!! Thanks for your bb dusts..hope i can be as lucky as you are soon
happy.gif
when is your edd?

Hi all, I've gone in to see my gynae and now home from a D&C. Was at a loss whether to do so as I had flushed out the sac and lots of clots this morning but some tissue still remained. Was still considering to wait it out though there is risk of infection but now I am glad I can really begin the recovery process.

Hi Praise, your case is still quite early and have a high chance of cleaning out by itself. That was the case for my mc at 6 weeks. It was just like a v heavy period and not much pieces but just fresh blood. U can try and see then if not clean when your gynae check then decide.

Hi Hui, thanks for your blessing. I wish u babydust too!

Hi

I am tempted to defer my dc...but hubby took leave already he sure unhappy!!!!! Actually my lmp was end jan so I think it has been long enuff inside my womb already.... Maybe 9-10wks liao.... I m gong to see Tom tmr morning to get some confinement pack to consume aft the ops... Thanks ladies for sharing ...
happy.gif

Hi mama aki, have a good rest and take care.
I read back your posts actually I am like you having tissues strands reddish and brownish menses now for the last 3 yrs but still no signs of cramps. Duno need to wait how long for natural and I m going holidays in mid may that's why my dc has been bright forward to wed so that I could have at least 4 wks of recovery process before the holidays. Or else I think I will wait till next wk.

Hi Praise, actually once bleed fresh red it gets v fast. I was planning to schedule D&C on thursday or Friday since mine has been taking so long and due to work I cannot let it drag too long but surprisingly this morning suddenly had heavy bleeding and after 3 hours when I got to my gynae for a scan the sac was already out. The 1-2 hours when the cramping/contractions start and a lot of passing of clots etc is v intense though. So far after my D&C has been good though feeling sore but feels like I can get on with life sooner. If your holiday is 4 weeks away, maybe u still can try waiting a bit more but I remember my gynae said for natural miscarriage she needs to follow through until hcg is v low or zero so not sure how long that takes after that. She did tell me not to travel as she need to follow through until hcg zero but I tink D&C is more straightforward in that once the cleaning is complete hcg will be zero v fast.

Hope for the best for u soon too and take care! Btw what is the confinement pack u mentioned?

I deferred my d&c to next week as the tcm asked me not to go for ops. She said eat the medicine and i should be able to cleam out within these few days. So i decided to give myself till this sun to see how.

The confinement pack is something like like herbal to take after the ops to bu the body.

Hi Praise and mami aki,

Sorry to hear about the loss. Hugs.

Whether d&c or natural, take good care of your body now and you will have your rainbow baby soon!

jhw,

I am fine. Just waiting for my first AF to come. I had guessed as much actually. When everyone starts to disappear from the thread, I start praying that all of us are preggy and to have a smooth pregnancy.

You should be well into your 2nd trimester, right?

Thanks Princessleopard!

Hope everyone here will have our rainbow bb soon!

Princessleopard, you went thru natural miscarriage this time?

Hi Praise,

Yes, my first was d&c a year ago. Baby stopped growing for 2 weeks at 9th week. No cramp, no bleed so gynae order d&c. This time was at the 6th week. I had spotting, gynae put me on more support but still cannot save the baby. I had the discharge 2 days after I got the spotting. A bad cramp will come follow by the discharge.

How are you now?

My 1st d&c was in 2011. Bb also stopped growing at wk9. First visit at wk 7, there was strong heartbeat.

This time the sac and a tiny bb is showed at wk 5plus. My bleeding or menses I would say has been since sat. But still no signs of cramps yet. I hope aft eating tcm medicine it can help me flush out within these few days. If by sun still no massive cramps I will proceed with dc latest by next tues.

Hi Praise,

Good for u! Hope things work out as planned for u =) I never knew TCM got medicine that can help else I would try it too. Can share your TCM contact? Also, for confinement pack where do u get from? Is it those like bazhen and shi quan da bu soup?

I am seeing the tcm Chen Mei Er at Blastier road. Anyone heard of her before? recommended by friends who have seen her before, during and after pregnancy.

I didnt get the confinement pack yet as i see if i can have natural, then no need take the confinement pack. She will prescribe me with powder form medicine and maybe to brew once a wk type medicine. But my fren who took her confinement pack during her confinement, i think its like pre-packed chinese stuff and u use it to brew and drink as soup.

Hi Praise,

Hopefully it can flush out on its own. I went through the same thing too last month. Never hope AF to come so badly. But for me, something strange happened. After it flush out naturally, I went for a scan to make sure everything is clear, but we still see the waterbag there. Gynae also cannot explain why was is like that. So, we waited another week to wait for another massive cramp (which did not happen). The following week I went back to scan and saw that the waterbag and uterus had shrink. So I was given cyctotec to flush out. At the same time, tcm also give me herbs to help flush out too.

Princessleopard, was the tcm medicine effective? So everything is cleared now? Hope you are recovering well. I think natural is better as it seems like another menses but much heavier flow and more painful.

My gynae has given me cytotec too to eat 2hrs before the d&c.

Actually i read that it can take wks to flush out itself and i thin its quite a long wait. I guess i give myself till sunday. The tcm was saying dont go for ops, its very harmful to your womb. made me scared.

Hi Princess, Hi Chris

thanks for your well wishes !!
yes yes, i just hopped into second trimester.
EDD is End Sept to Early Oct.
there was a period which i frequently come back to read... but i saw that all of you had also disappear from the thread... i was also silently wish that all of you are well and preggy, and have a smooth pregnancy ahead !!!

princess, i just sent you my hp number, not sure if you receive... because i could not access my emails quite some time due to gmail asking for hp configuration... Feel free to watsapp me or call me !!!

Praise,

Yes, the tcm I was given is called 生化汤。 Take only once a day for 3 days only. I took cytotec for only one day with 2 dosages. There will be small clots flushing out. Gynae say even if now did not flush out, they will flush out together with the next AF. So, I will be going for review after the first AF.

Yup, tcm say ops very hurtful to the womb, somemore not sure if doc's skills is good or not. Scared they overscrape the womb. So, for my first d&c, tcm advised to take DOM to heal the wounds faster. Cos they believed no matter how skilful the doc is, there bound to be wounds left behind.

Hui & Princess,

Hopefully soon... but I also have a dilema should have I another??? Currently my sil is pregnant and we are staying together...

Hi ladies,

need some advices. I'm currently having a missed miscarriage. This pregnancy is through my 1st FET.It has been a roller coaster ride emotionally for the past 1month... The scan on Tuesday has showed that both fetus have no HB at week 8. Size showed that the growth stopped at week 6. straight away after the 1st scan at week 6 when there was a strong HB from 1 of the fetus.

The KKH Doc didn't say much. Just simply said that I need to wash it out... cried n cried on the first day n now I'm feeling better. have decided to go ahead with D&C then move on to 2nd IVF cycle.

i like to check... currently I'm under subsidized with KKH. can i switch to private so that i can choose Dr Tan to perform D&C for me? then after that can i still go back to Polyclinic to get referral again?

Shd i see TCM now or go after D&C?

TIA for your replies... much appreciated..

babyp_k

i am sorry to hear about your loss !!

for the KKH part, i am really sorry that i can't advise much...

but for TCM, i think you should see one after your D&C, to tiao your body back for next IVF....

Do a good mini confinement and take good care of your health !!

for mini confinement:
- replace plain water with Dried Longans + Red Dates + Ginger Tea for 2 weeks to 1 mth
- eat plenty of food cooked with Sesame Oil + Ginger
- Sleep Early and wear socks to sleep.
- have plenty of bed rest
- Do not carry heavy thing for this one month.
- if someone cooking for you, take the usual confinement food everyday.
- you can drink chicken essence too.
- once bleeding stop, you can start to drink Bazhen & shi quan da bu weekly.

Ling,

I think the decision to have a 2nd child should be one between uou and your hubby.. Don't need to let your sil's pregnancy affect it ya..

Baby PK,

Sorry to hear about that.. Regarding the request for a specific doc to do your d&c, i think it's best you check directly with kkh.. But i do know that in all govt hosp, once you start with or convert to private patient, it is very tough to go back to being a private patient.. Think have to satisfy a lot of criteria.. Do double check with the hospital.. Take care and have lotsa rest..

babyp_k,

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs..

I am not sure about the KKH part.

Not sure about other tcm, I went to see my tcm after I knew I am going to miscarriage. Since its natural miscarriage, I was told to buy 生化汤 to help flush out for 3 days. Then I have to start taking 十全大补汤 twice weekly for a month. After finish the herbs then can go back see tcm.

Take care, dear!

Praise

Raspberry tea leaves is said to aid contraction and for a natural miscarriage it will work on the same concept.If your womb is able to contract and purge the afterbirth matters I think it aid receover faster.

I felt I recover faster from the natural miscarriage then a D&C because the former was just like a big period and not like a D&C I felt weak after the procedure.

This is never an easy time... Girls jia you..

Hi ladies

I think i have flushed out the fleshy sac (dont know what shld it called). I didnt feel any massive cramps or pain. But a slight cramp, then i stood up and felt something dropped down. So went toilet and saw the big lump of thing. Is it called zygote or something.

But today i dont bleed alot. Going to see gynae on mon to scan. crossing fingers that i dun hv to go wash.

Hi Hui, Princess and min,

Thanks for ur reply. I'm scheduled for d&c on monday at KK. Done by dr Steven Teo. Since he's consultant, I decided to just let him do for me. So I will remain as subsidised.

I'm feeling better already but I stop logging in to FB fearing to see my friend's posts of their new born or pregnancies. A bit "Ah Q"... hee...

Hi Praise, it's a good sign if u flushed out the big pieces and after that bleeding is lesser. Hope u have a good gynae check too.

Hi Ladies, wan to ask for those who had D&C at clinic and not hospital before, is the bill claimable through medisave or insurance?

Thanks!

Hi Praise,

Lucky you, did not experience the massive cramp. I had the bad cramp for almost 20 mins before the flesh came out. After that, the bleeding starts to reduce for me too. Around 3rd day, the bleeding totally stop. Hope you dun have to do ops.

Hi baby pk,

Take more rest after the d&c on monday, do mini confinement and tiao your body back.

Hi mama aki,

Mine was done at hospital, I used medisave to pay partial. Only top up very little in cash. My insurance all does not cover pregnancy in first trimester, so cannot claim from insurance.

Princess, thanks..

Can I check when shd I go see tcm after the d&c?

I plan to see dr zou. Can ask what's her average waiting time pls? Also how's her charges?

Thanks thanks...

Princess leopard, did u do any mini confinement (thou u had natural miscarriage)? Natural miscarriage is like having another menses is it?
My tcm asked due to go back toher one wk later .she is GG to prescribe tonic for me.

babypk,

I am seeing Dr Su so I dunno about Dr Zou. Sorry.

babypk, Praise,

I went to see my tcm soon after the natural miscarriage. But she did not prescribe me any medicine that day. Only ask me to go to medical hall to buy 生化汤 to help flush out any remaining in the womb and 十全大补汤 to tiao my body. 十全大补汤 have to take for one month, twice weekly after bleeding stops. I will go back to see her after I finish the tonics which is one month later.

Praise,

Yes, natural miscarriage is like menses but for me is somewhat lighter. I heard the first menses is going to be a heavy flow. I feel better with natural miscarriage, cos last time after d&c I felt very weak, and cold. I lie on bed for about 3 days before I start to feel better. Though is natural miscarriage, my tcm still recommend me to do confinement, better still for a month. I only got a week mc, so I obediently do the confinement for a week. I ordered confinement foods for a month. Can bath but add white rice wine to warm the body.

baby pk
sorry to hear if your case..it's esp not easy for us ivfers..tried so hard already still hmm..

anyway i was with dr zou and the last time i was there last year, the waiting time ranged from 1-2.5hrs depending on the time and day you are there. Some ladies call to book for time slots i think. But for me i walked in and it seems like it's less ppl during weekdays ard 11+ and 1-3pm. Price ranges from $40-60 and acupuncture $30. Just a note, she uses powder medication which i think pro and cons..pro is no need to brew the herbs just add hot water but con is that i personally don't feel well after drinking the medication and my FET ended up bfn also..i can't pinpoint why but that's just me lah. I think for myself i would go try another tcm doc who uses herbs to boil instead..as actual herbs can see the type and what is in it instead of powder we don't see what is it in particular and we are not experts to pinpoint just by thru smell and dr zou's husband is the one pouring the powder into machine (no measurement but just like a dash here and a dash there kind and in turn it'll chun out individual packet powder) i feel i am not convince that this is a good way. If i can choose again i'll take just acupuncture from dr zou and actual herbs medication from other tcm. My 2 cents only..

And i think after you stop bleeding from d&C then go tcm and take the tcm medication to bu..all the best for your d&c tomorrow!

Praise
it depends on how long into the pregnancy you were..for me it was more painful than a normal AF menses pain ..tad painful i should say for myself as i cramped for a few hours thru the night.. but as what you described it seems like you have naturally passed out the sac already..all the best for your scan tomorrow!

Jia you all ladies here..our miracle babies will come de!

Back