Support group - Miscarriages

Celest,

Thanks!
I am mentally alright. Cos this time round I somehow feel the pregnancy wasn't right. I do not have other pregnancy symptoms except for sore breasts. My pregnancy kit keeps giving me very faint lines for 2 weeks. Then the spotting came. So, I am somehow prepared for the worst already. Unlike the first time, things came too sudden as my pregnancy symptoms are so strong and so feel so pregnant.

Yes, I would rather not go for any round of D/C cos it really gives me the hair stands. Dr Su also said ops is no good for the womb, that why she recommends us to drink DOM, as it helps to heals the wounds after the D/C.

Have you go for your second IUI? So, is the womd condition going to affect conception?

Princessleopard,

Big hugz to you.. I also went thru d&c last time so not sure how it is for natural but i did hear that it can take a few wks to clear.. I have a fren who unfortunately had to go thru an m/c a couple of mths back.. She also opted out of d&c.. Her doc gave her cytotec to clean out her uterus.. On top of that, she also got medi from her tcm for the same purpose.. You wanna check with dr su? Take care k..

Celestine,

So you have to go for a hysteroscopy to check your uterus? Hope all is ok and wish you all the best for your next iui..

min,

Thanks! Yup, I taking cytotec as well, I went to Dr Su already. She did not prescribe me any medi for now. Got to go back after a month. But she did ask me to go buy some herbs to clear the uterus. I am taking both west and east medi with 2 hours apart for these few days.

Min81,
Yes, i needed to go thru Hysteroscopy.
Regret for chosing D&C during that time, but i wasn't given any option. Plus my emotion is not fit to make an decision.
Hope everything is fine & i can continue my IUI without worries.

U now going for IVF right? JIAYOU!!

Princess,
Im happy to hear tat u are strong. BIG HUG!!
I know it still heartbreaking, but look at the brighter side. Since u able to conceive naturally, im sure there no prob with u.

It been awhile im not taking DOM. Been taking Dr Su medicine directly then mixing it with water. Lazy Mode. Guess it time i drink back my DOM.

Yes i finish my 2nd IUI, but sadly fail.
What i heard from my NUH Dr, it will affect my implantation etc.
But he saying my lining is thick, so might not be as bad as what he thinks. That why he wanted me to go for the scope and have a clear pic of inside. HOPE it not cyst etc...

Celest,

Ya, doc also said it seems like conceive naturally seems to work for us though it takes quite a while. Both pregnancy are naturally but takes more than a year of trying before success. I had done 3 iui so far but all failed. Doc is saying if there is a 3rd mc (touchwood), then I will have to consider ivf. I really hope dun have to go to that extent.

Yes, its good to go back to DOM, add into the dosage at night. But dun add dom during menses and a few days before menses. This is something Dr Su just share some time ago. Not sure if you are aware of it.

Stay positive and go for the scope then, perhaps things are not that bad. Keep us updated.

Princessleopard,

I see.. That should be ok then.. Natural m/c can take quite a while but i feel it won't be so harsh on the womb.. Do go back to gynae for review.. Hope you get well soon..

Celest,

Stay positive.. You may just strike on the 3rd try.. Have faith!
happy.gif

Actually, i've already tested positive with blood test abt 3 wks ago.. But my 1st scan last week was not very promising with an empty elongated sac.. Can see my doc was concerned.. I was really very sad.. I had held high hopes this time cos i'm having bad ms.. Had to redo my blood tests twice.. The results were good and gave me that bit of hope to carry on fighting.. My repeat scan is tmr at 7 wks.. Hubby and i are hoping for the best.. Whatever the outcome, we know we've tried our best..

Princess & Min81,

Didn't really care abt it now, not until i recieve my result. No point stressing myself, since there nothing i could do.
Maybe things wasnt tat bad. *^^*

Felt that no matter what come ard, we are more stronger then before. LET JIAYOU!!

Min81,
How the result? Keep us update okay. BIG HUG!
Yes, no matter what the result, end of the day we wouldnt regret, cos we did try all our bests.
What im doing now is, not being regret when i turn old. Least i know i try all my best for a bb.

Celest, lin,

Thankfully, we were able to see the flickering heartbeat clearly today.. Hubby and i were very relieved and happy.. We have already come so far, we will take things 1 step at a time and cross each hurdle as it comes..

Celest,

You're right, we're definitely stronger than before.. Wish you all the best!

Princessleopard
So sorry to hear that! Do you mean to say that you are still awaiting for your discharge as per now or have you scanned and doc confirmed it's all clear?

hmm anyway, did you go for another doc's opinion? Actually there is a chance of that the baby is just too small to say whether if she/he is growing..cos want to share that my friend had scanned in week 6 doc said bb not growing and was told to prepare for the worse but i told her to wait and see till 9 weeks and then she scanned and all's well..and she's giving birth soon.

Min81
Great to hear that! See? patience do pay off for you and your hb!
happy.gif
Smooth 9 mths ahead

Celest
Don't be discourage lah..me too last month was a faint faint positive and then Af came..in my opinion, it was a chemical pregnancy again since last july. Ah well..what to do i've to wait for my FET this mth soon..Let's keep positive together!

min81
btw, just curious what support did your doc gave you this time for your cycle? Crinone or utrogestan or both? If so did you take the utrogestan orally?

Chrisl,

Thank you for the well wishes
happy.gif
I told my hubby the story you shared with me about your friend and it really gave us hope and helped us stay more positive.. Thanks! Jia you for your FET k.. All the best!

Support starts right after ER.. After my ER, the nurse came to give me an ovidrel support jab.. Then i started on my inserts: Morning 3 utrogestan tabs, afternoon 4 estrofem tabs + crinone gel, night 3 utrogestan tabs.. 3 days after ET, was given another ovidrel support jab.. The utrogestan tabs were used as inserts, prof says more effective as it goes direct to where it's needed.. I heard those who took it orally had side effects like giddiness..

wah Min you had so many supports! if im not wrong the utrogestan tablets are 100mg each so you had 300mg alone in one morning's insert liao! Compared to mine 300mg each day only! So kiam siap the doc! Im so going to do my own number of inserts this time round for better supports ..hmm thanks for your inputs hehe

Chrisl,

Thanks for your concern!

When I had my first scan, the baby is shown to be 2 weeks behind in size. No heartbeat yet. Doc advised to wait for a week and see if its growing but perhaps a bit slower. But the following day I had a bad cramp and a flesh came out. What is weird is I went for a scan again the next day but my waterbag is still there. So, we waited another week. Its a smooth week I could say cos no more cramp. The following week I went for scan, the uterus and waterbag shrink. What cannot be explained is what is it that came out of my body since the next day shows my waterbag is still there.

Princess

Big hugz !!!! I am really sorry to hear that.

I went through natural miscarriage for my last year pregnancy. It came out naturally, and i had labour pains for around 8 hours... Bleeding for 2 weeks. Natural m/c is less harsh to the womb. And once it is cleared, you start to take tonic and your womb will be stronger than before. this is what i heard....

And at the last time, it took my menses to come after 6 weeks +... and it was full huge flow....

Princess, pls do not give up hope...
Strengthen your womb now and keep taking tonics.... you will be pregnant again !!!

Min81,
I'm so happy for u!! Meantime stay relax n rest more at bed.
Finally some bb dusts... *^^*

ChrisL,
Thanks!! I'm staying positive.
No point thinking so much, since it doesn't help. Jiayou together!!

jhw,

Thanks! I had your email address previously. You can email me at the same email address too.

I had taken western and tcm medi to clear the uterus. My bleeding stops in 3 days. No sure if its normal.

Getting pregnant again is one thing, keeping the pregnancy is yet another obstacle. This pregnancy, as soon as I knew it. I went to gynae and Dr Su and was taking progesterone and 安胎药 all along but still cannot save this baby. If the miscarriage wasn't natural, I will want to get the testing done to see what exactly is wrong with the pregnancy. Cos now things are so unexplained like the previous time, maybe chromosomal issue.

I will still keep trying but a 2nd mc really increased my fear towards pregnancy.

Princessleopard
I see..I feel heartpain for you..yes go and test and find out the reason and meantime tiao your body up after awaiting for the next full flow. Take good care ok girl?

Jhw
Long time no hear..How hv you been? Hope all is well with you!

Celest,

It is min81 who posted it. I had checked with her already. I called NUH last week wanted to seek fr second opinion and also find out more about recurrent miscarriage. But the nurse was not helpful, I told her about my situation and when she knew I start to feel cramps. She rejected me immediately. She asked me to go back to my gynae, dun do gynae-hopping now. And she said recurrent miscarriage is for 3 times and above. How sad.

Chrisl,

Thanks, I will. I read that you mentioned about chemical pregnancy earlier. Actually, Dr Su dreaded that gynaes treated chemical pregnancy very lightly. To her, if conception did take place, but our womb cannot hold it well means our body needs more strengthening. She advised me to test for pregnancy once period is late, dun wait too long to test as chemical pregnancy may have take place but we are not aware of it, and as a result we did not go back to tiao our body.

princessleopard
why not go for a pte gynae to test. .though tad more expensive than gov hospitals but since one pays for it pte gynaes more likely to help test. i went to this lady gyane in hougang and she helped me test. On my chemical pregnancy, i highly suspect that it's due to my lining in womb as too thin also will cause + my hb's swimmers played a part..im resigned to wait for my fet.

Hi Princess,

I walk in to NUH to test, under recommendation to look for Prof Mahesh. Yes, sad to say their standard answer is always after 3 times then considered recurrent miscarriage, but I mc twice and I just went for the tests too. The only thing is the cost if you walk in, you are considered as private versus if you get referral. Then again, I always mc at 2nd trimester delivering my babies who were still moving when they were born, how to take it the 3x??? So I went for it irregardless the cost... My advice is search around for a doctor that you are comfortable with and do the tests if able to. Hope it helped you...

Chrisl,

What tests did you do back then?
I see. All the best for you FET!

Horsie,

My heart sank for you to undergo both mc at 2nd trimester. Yes, that is exactly how I feel, why must wait for a 3rd one to happen then its consider recurrent mc. Can you share with me what tests are done and how much they charge?

Hi all, i went to see nuh recurrent pregnancy losses clinic and has been Prof MAhesh patient for the past 7 years, He just delivered my first baby boy last october after 3 2nd trimester miscarriage! Don't lose hope!

Princessleopard
I took a miscarriage profile A&B which include the followings:

-Thyroid
-Rubella
-CMV (cytomegalovirus)
-HSV (Herpes virus)
-Toxoplasma (cos i hv cats)
-ANA (Auto-antibodies)
-Lupus
-VD screen

But think there is a list of profiles one can test as told from the nurse the other time, but you can check with the doc to be sure of what tests you want to opt for. Hope this helps..

VAC
Congrats! I hope my turn will come soon..

Princess

i totally understand the fear you are having...
And only people like us who had been through all this will understand... i got to know from another forum , one of the gals also had M/C 2 times and was told by the Clinic that tests can only be done after 3 recurrent ones... which i think is totally unreasonable. The ladies should be given a choice whether to do the tests or not, irregardless the # of times they m/c...Maybe you can take Chris's advice, to see a pte gynae.....

Chris

how are you !! sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy..... i hope you are able to find some good TCM in norway to tiao your body back?
All the best to you !!!

VAC,

Thanks for the encouragement! Congrats!

Chrisl,

Thanks for the list for reference. I will go research further from here.

jhw,

Ya, this is why NUH reject me too. Cos this is the 2nd mc. I am seeing pte gynae all this while. Just that when I search for recurrent miscarriage, only NUH came up. pte gynae dun have much websites to refer. My gynae is great but I am just wondering if should change to someone who is expertise in recurrent mc. But so far did not find much info online.

Princess,

Is a whole list of blood tests for different purpose including HSG, glucose test and etc. All technical terms, you can email me privately, I send you the list, is super long. Cost is about $2k+, yes is expensive but obviously we hope to have a baby born healthy in our hands and not another mc. That's why we undergo the tests.

Same as you, I had private IVF doc all this while till the 2 mc. Also being high risk experience, NUH seems to come up so I went to check out, however I might had specific suspected issue - cervix incompetence, doing these tests are to help eliminate any other sub factors.

OMG!! It the most crazy words.
Why cant we chose to have a tests but bases on the #.

Dear, remember my previous medical tests. I was given by ard 5 tests by the Dr too and it under subsidy. Sorry i couldn't remember how many tests now.
Im not sure will there be more tests involve but i think when u request for those tests. They able to preform for u too.

BIG HUG! Anything free to share it out. Tat will help u relief.
We went thru it before, this time u will sure able to fight thru too. JIAYOU!!

You can have the tests anytime, just that they recommend to do it only after 3 mc, reason of course, 1 is the cost factor. 2 to eliminate out random chances at times also being 1 or 2 might be just purely unlucky. As for the tests, mainly blood tests to check for different things, quite technical terms, similar to that of ChirstL, just that I had about 14 tubes of blood drawn out or so... Hope it helped.

Celestine, princessleopard,

Thanks ladies
happy.gif

Princessleopard,

Maybe cos i'm already under prof wong.. When i talked about my concerns of m/c again before i started ivf, he said i could just do some basic blood tests at about $200 first to give myself peace of mind.. The tests came back negative so i did not proceed further.. I can't remember the exact items but i think it was for SLE, rheumatoid factor and some immune antibodies.. If i'm not wrong, i think last time tomomi mentioned she had them done at the polyclinic to save cost.. Maybe you can take the list that Horsie provides and check with the polyclinic if you can get it done there.. Take care..

Celest, min, horsie,

Thanks for the encouragements and information.

Seems like there are a lot more to research into. Trying to dig into the tests I had done over these years and see what else got to be check into.

Horsie,

Wow...14 tubes of blood to be drawn. That's a lot. But what to do, we all look forward for our rainbow baby. I will PM you for the list of tests. Thanks!

Hi Ladies,
3rd time is not a charm for me. This is my 3rd miscarriage in the last 12 months. 1st time bb stopped growing at 5+ wks, I had a natural miscarriage but still ended up with a d&c cos some tissues were left inside even after trying cytotec as well. 2nd time I bled out on CD31 (my cycle is usually 26 days). Now the bb stopped growing at 6+ weeks.

I'm torn if I should wait out to miscarry naturally or go for a d&c. Natural is good in the sense that its less stress to the womb (since I just had one d&c in oct) but its gonna drag the whole process and its not guaranteed that everything will be flushed out and I won't need a d&c in the end like last time. The main reason I'm more swayed towards d&c this time is that I want to send the tissues for chromosome testing to see if its really chromosomal issues. I'll head to NUH recurrent miscarriage centre for the full works after this as well.

What do you ladies think? Thanks for listening.

hey Dawn..sorry for your loss again..
it seems to me that you're more or less decided to do d&c so, just go with what you are comfy with..main thing is not to have regrets with yourself. I hope you'll try to stay strong no matter how hard it is..*hugs*

Hi Dawn,

Sorry to hear that. Big hugs!

Have you check with your gynae if it is alright to do D&C again so soon? Though its more taxing for D&C but like you said you want to know the reason for the mc. Actually I will want to find out the reason too, but it happened naturally this time. So no choice.

Take care!

Hi Dawn

Please seek help with NUH. I myself suffered 3 losses and the first was D&C for the last 2 I miscarry naturally.

Frankly 14 tube of bloods for testing etc are basics ... there is a lot more treatment to come. So dont even think about all these for now.

After all the episode my 11 month old made all the IVIG and all the blood tests sooooo worth it. There might not be any particular major issue so dont even go there yet but the best is there is help.

When I was in your shoes I was lost and wandering in the dark. God was kind and manage to let me come across the NUH miscarriage clinic by chance.

Please stay strong... I promise time will heal you a little although a little part of us die with each of the miscarriages.

Thanks ChrisL and Princessleopard. Just made an appointment with Dr Mahesh at NUH, will see him next week and seek his opinion on D&C as well. I'm also scared of my uterus being over-scrapped.

All the best to everyone here.

Thanks Ling for the comfort, encouragement and hope. I dared not have too much hope since the beginning until I saw the heartbeats 2 weeks ago at 6+ weeks and everything was looking good. It was a big blow yesterday. I'm now pinning my hope on finding out the cause at NUH.

Hi Dawn

You may never know the cause of miscarriages. So if you wont have the answer please keep the faith. I remember I read that God leave no one barren. I often ask myself if he have all but forgotten me.

As long as we know we run the race well I guess that all it matters. I hope AP Mahesh will shed some light next week for your case. He is in my regards one of the most empathic gynae I ever known. Despite I was a subsidised case he never once shown any impatience and instead kept encouraging me and look forward. I would guess he must have seen so many cases of miscarriages but he doesnt just brush it off and see it as a number but as a case.

For my 4th pregnancy I totally didnt pin any hope of it survival rate at all so was taking it a day at a time. I totally understand what you are saying and I hate to say it this way but I thought I was getting used to having them miscarry soon after. It's fate... we are chosen because we are stronger.

I had a miscarraige sometime in Jan 2013, till now I'm still waiting for my 1st AF. Went to KK A&E for a checkup due to rather severe cramping mid last month,did an external and internal scan, the doctor told me all is fine and said the cramping was due to wind?! Went to Dr Hii at Yishun for another check. He did a scan and found that my cervix is blocked due to adhesion after d/c at kk. Dr Hii did a small procedure to open up the area. Hopefully my AF will arrive soon.

Yes, we shall be strong and continue to fight although we have been beaten so many times. I guess the most important is not to give up but continue to have that faith. I have to remember what Ling said, God leaves no one barren. Yesterday I kept thinking that God has forsaken me.

Pls don't give up hope, i too went thru 3 midterm miscarriage with all bb born alive but too premature to live. Went throught countless blood tests and injections but i finally made it this 4th time with 5 injections a day and weekly blood tests excluding the special ones, and 104 days of hospital stay! Alot of money and tears spent but its all worth it! God is always there to guide us with his beacon of light!

Hi all, I am currently having my second mc. First one was 3-4 years back and that was a natural miscarriage at 6 weeks. Only saw the sac and yolk but did not develop further before I had fresh red bleeding and the whole mc completed by itself v quickly like a heavy period. Had to see a psychologist for depression after that as to me I had lost a baby.. Not a sac. And was affected that my gynae actually said I should be happy I miscarried completely on my own. Understand how devastating it is to lose your baby, whatever stage it is. Though the later the stage the more traumatic.

The bright side is 6months later I managed to conceive naturally and now have a healthy 2 year old girl. But never did I expect another miscarriage, this time at 8-9 weeks. This time round I have what is called a blighted ovum with no fetus despite the sac growing in size. I was clinging on tohope since I read that it could be misdiagnosed due to retroverted uterus but have started having brownish discharge over the last week that progressed to having tissue strands, small clots and reddish-brown bleeding. Will be seeing my gynae this sat but am hoping to avoid a D&C as much as possible though the process is getting me worried if it would be incomplete this time round. I've accepted it emotionally but just wondering how long is it reasonable to wait out a natural miscarriage? Also,as my two miscarriages were not consecutive, should I go for testing to find out why I've had two miscarriages already?

Hope to hear from u ladies and don't give up hope! My experience proves it because I now am blessed with a lovely girl.

Back