Support group - Miscarriages

Actually i do not think dnc will affect the womb. Infact some gynae recommend this as a fertility treatment. My mil went through this when she has prob conceiving in the early days. Many is telling me, dnc cleaned up our womb. So far most of my frens whom have went through this ops due to mc conceive again n again... haha
I'm not quite sure about this but based on personal experience n current gynae advise not to go thru dnc. Based on current gynae plan is scan on week 18 n 22 but due to he found shelf or something harming from the scan I need to go for one more scan at nuh to double check again. It is really scaring me n hub. Making us worry many days According to prof in charge of FCC that day told me it is shelf n it is due to dnc. Therefore current gynae told me nv he had asking his patient to go thru dnc if possible.

Dont let the drop in protein s affect you mentally. Mine dropped from 100 to 33 during my first trimester.

Hi all!

I went to consult my gyn this morning. He confirmed that I have a uterine fibroid (4cm growth). I think it could be related to my miscarriage last month.

I was advised not to get pregnant, otherwise I would have a complicated pregnancy.. If remove fibroid through surgery, he cannot guarantee that I would get pregnant again but fibroid would come back anytime.

I am really desperate for a baby. So confused.

Anybody has experience getting success in getting pregnant with fibroid condition?

Ps: I am 35 years old this year.

Hi all!

I went to consult my gyn this morning. He confirmed that I have a uterine fibroid (4cm growth). I think it could be related to my miscarriage last month.

I was advised not to get pregnant, otherwise I would have a complicated pregnancy.. If remove fibroid through surgery, he cannot guarantee that I would get pregnant again but fibroid would come back anytime.

Anybody has experience getting success in getting pregnant with fibroid condition?

Dont be upset, go and see another gynae for 2nd opinion first. Ur hormones may be unstable yet as MC is just last month. Your fibroid already exists when you are preg or only after the MC?

Dont be upset, go and see another gynae for 2nd opinion first. Ur hormones may be unstable yet as MC is just last month. Your fibroid already exists when you are preg or only after the MC?

Ya thinking of 2nd opinion. So recommend any good gyn?

Fibroid exists only after the mc.. He only notice after d&c surgery.

Hi all!

During my 8 weeks, still can find heartbeat. Today which is 10 weeks went for another ultrasound but no heartbeat. Gynae did another vaginal ultrasound and confirm the sad news. He's gg to do d&c for me next week. I do not have any bleeding and still feel stomach growing. Doing a d&c is like asking me to kill my baby. I went for 2nd opinion on the same day and still find no heartbeat. Washing my face with tears whole day, hoping for baby to alive. I asked both gynaes whether possible for heartbeat to come back and they both shake their head. I haven even know the gender and is gone. Take my life and return my baby's.

During my 8 weeks, still can find heartbeat. Today which is 10 weeks went for another ultrasound but no heartbeat. Gynae did another vaginal ultrasound and confirm the sad news. He's gg to do d&c for me next week. I do not have any bleeding and still feel stomach growing. Doing a d&c is like asking me to kill my baby. I went for 2nd opinion on the same day and still find no heartbeat. Washing my face with tears whole day, hoping for baby to alive. I asked both gynaes whether possible for heartbeat to come back and they both shake their head. I haven even know the gender and is gone. Take my life and return my baby's.

Sorry to hear that. I understand how u feel. Last month, I also went through same situation as u but mine stopped at 6th week. Since then, I have not moved on yet.

In my memories, sorry to hear abt your encounter. Take baby steps to move on. Me too didnt experience any bleeding the last MC however i sense something is wrong as my morning sickness is gone. I trust the hb is gone as the flicker of bb hb on the screen is missing. The faster you move on, the faster you can recover to try again. Doc ever mentioned even if hb miracly returned .,.you may also worry abt the future complications and the health of bb. Hugz hugz...we all went through the pain. Stay positive and strong.

i have been through it myself, my first child ended a miscarriage many years ago. took me 2 yr to move on and since then i have two boys and 1 girl. i personally did not do any ritual but i wanted to, back them i felt an emotional attachment that does not go away. I turned to aura cleansing from sacredsagesg to remove the attachment to move on. actually my mom recommended me as i was a non believer. Many years ago they did not have videos and it was through internal circle of friends recommendations, you may want to take a look at some videos on their website. Now i am a convert, i truely believe that strong and healthy aura can help in having healthy family ... surf and decide yourself .... i am glad i had my mom and now i kind of listen more attentively to elders advice

The difficult part now is fetus still dead in my stomach and I totally had no appetite. But still giving a fake hope that bb will come alive, I force myself to eat.

Hi all!

Hi I strongly suggest u seek a second opinion. Usually fibroid doesn't cause miscarriages. I had fibroid before pregnancy 3 years ago. And it grew bigger during pregnancy. I then had a mc due to blighted ovum. Did my fibroid removal recovered and I got pregnant again. Just that I had 4 more mcs after that (1 ectopic, 1 early loss, 2 chems) but now we suspect these mc were due to sticky blood. I'm now at 33 weeks pregnant

So don't give up hope. :)

The difficult part now is fetus still dead in my stomach and I totally had no appetite. But still giving a fake hope that bb will come alive, I force myself to eat.

Hugs hugs! I had the same feeling as u before. Try to move on if can with the emo support from your husband..

Do not give up!

Hi I strongly suggest u seek a second opinion. Usually fibroid doesn't cause miscarriages. I had fibroid before pregnancy 3 years ago. And it grew bigger during pregnancy. I then had a mc due to blighted ovum. Did my fibroid removal recovered and I got pregnant again. Just that I had 4 more mcs after that (1 ectopic, 1 early loss, 2 chems) but now we suspect these mc were due to sticky blood. I'm now at 33 weeks pregnant

Thanks for sharing the story.

How long to recover and try again after removing fibroid?

Going for d&c on thurs morning. Kind of nervous and fear. Have some qs in doubt. Do I need to shave public area before d&c? Will I wake up with bed full of blood? Is urine burning sensation after surgery? Sorry for my ignorance.

Going for d&c on thurs morning. Kind of nervous and fear. Have some qs in doubt. Do I need to shave public area before d&c? Will I wake up with bed full of blood? Is urine burning sensation after surgery? Sorry for my ignorance.
No need shave. Nope u won be full of blood. It will just like heavy menses. Do bring ur own pads if u r more comfortable to it as to me hospital using kotex very thick n charging also. U will need to pass 1st urine by going to toilet urself b4 allowed to discharge. Abit painful but pee slowly u will be fine.
Must do mini confinement. U can c ur body more strong when pregnant next time n must eat healthy to bu ur body back. If got c tcm when bleeding abt to stop only start bu n c tcm to tiao body back. Jiayou :)

No need shave. Nope u won be full of blood. It will just like heavy menses. Do bring ur own pads if u r more comfortable to it as to me hospital using kotex very thick n charging also. U will need to pass 1st urine by going to toilet urself b4 allowed to discharge. Abit painful but pee slowly u will be fine.
Must do mini confinement. U can c ur body more strong when pregnant next time n must eat healthy to bu ur body back. If got c tcm when bleeding abt to stop only start bu n c tcm to tiao body back. Jiayou :)
Give a hope, thanks & sorry to remind u of the past. When comes to surgery, I'm very coward.

Give a hope, thanks & sorry to remind u of the past. When comes to surgery, I'm very coward.
Same I even scare stay hospital alone without hub.
W hub when feel like crying can cry. My 2nd dnc my mum going w me also i need to pretend strong in front her so that she won be worrying so much. I think best is go w hub.

Last edited:
Same I even scare stay hospital alone without hub.
W hub when feel like crying can cry. My 2nd dnc my mum going w me i need to pretend strong in front her so that she won be worrying so much. I think best is go w hub.
Totally understand how you feel, going through hard times are tough. I had not go home since my m/c. Scare I will breakdown infront of my parents. My sis just had her 2nd new born bb girl. And my family members just strike 4D. Feeling upset when I'm e only unlucky member in e family.

Totally understand how you feel, going through hard times are tough. I had not go home since my m/c. Scare I will breakdown infront of my parents. My sis just had her 2nd new born bb girl. And my family members just strike 4D. Feeling upset when I'm e only unlucky member in e family.
Don think that way. During my 2 dnd my dh are w me n we go thru the hard time together. Just try to relax n think of ur dh that he still need u den u slowly can walk out from there. Rem to request for 2 weeks hl. Order confinement food if did it at ur own place and recharge urself as well. U can make it. Jiayou ya :)

Don think that way. During my 2 dnd my dh are w me n we go thru the hard time together. Just try to relax n think of ur dh that he still need u den u slowly can walk out from there. Rem to request for 2 weeks hl. Order confinement food if did it at ur own place and recharge urself as well. U can make it. Jiayou ya :)

millbear : fibroids do not cause miscarriage and may not affect ttc. My gf, completed her family without removing her fibroids. But seek 2nd opinion, and see what they say. U may want to try ttc for a few months before deciding what to do.

Is that what your gynae suggested to go for d&c? No other option? Such as let it goes naturally? Because I saw yours is still early week.

Thanks for sharing the story.

How long to recover and try again after removing fibroid?
Hi, I agree with bubbybear. some fiborids doesn't affect. it depends where your fibroids are located actually. im pretty petite in size, so if I don't remove a 5cm fibroid, it will affect the space of future baby growth. or I may be in a lot of pain. I was 30 when I removed it, my gynae is the super play safe type, so I waited for 6mths before I ttc.

anyway I heard of a friend who removed fibroid in dec, preg by jan/feb. but her first trimester is full of bedrest, becoz her uterus has not healed. she still deliver a healthy baby though its full of bleeding episodes throughout her pregnancy. she went to have another healthy baby.

I suggest u seek 2nd opinion.

hi,all
Last 2 week I went for the TCM for first time at jurong east & she refer me to Dr Christopher Chen at Gleneagles for some analysis (husband DNA on sperm & me is hormone analysis) From analysis the previous chemical pregnancy also due to low level of progesterone.
Actually I had chemical pregnancy on Aug but doc found I pregnant again but after but on last Saturday doc diagnosed my HCG is dropping so he stop to inject the progesterone for me.
My record on 25/9 HCG 15.96 Progesterone 7
2/10 HCG 419 Progesterone 11.76
8/10 HCG 1296 Progesterone 126 (after 4 day injection of progesterone)
11/10 HCG 928 Progesterone 200 +
Since the HCG are drop & doc said the embryo is unable to save anymore so he stop inject progesterone but until now my messes haven't come.
Previous 2 chemical pregnancy all naturally come out.
Is the progesterone low really can cause embryo unable grow?

Is that what your gynae suggested to go for d&c? No other option? Such as let it goes naturally? Because I saw yours is still early week.
Guess I was too dishearten to hear the news that I never ask further when he suggest d&c. He said that if I start bleeding before op have to go a&e immediately. I notice slight bleeding today, also duno will become heavy bleed anot later.

Guess I was too dishearten to hear the news that I never ask further when he suggest d&c. He said that if I start bleeding before op have to go a&e immediately. I notice slight bleeding today, also duno will become heavy bleed anot later.
My current gynae did not encourage for dnc. He said no matter how natural still better than op. Op no matter how good how best is the skills womb won't be in 100% perfect condition like last time.

My current gynae did not encourage for dnc. He said no matter how natural still better than op. Op no matter how good how best is the skills womb won't be in 100% perfect condition like last time.
I'm giving a pill to insert into vaginal 3 hrs b4 op. I just read that e pill is to terminate pregnancy. I tot that prof will give me another ultrasound b4 d&c. But if I insert it it means I'm aborting this pregnancy. I really feel like having 1 last ultrasound thinking that heartbeat will come back. Some said d&c can clear the clots to have higher chance of conceiving in future, some said natural m/c is better, I feel confuse and duno which 1 is real.

Hi all,

I had multiple miscarriages(2 early miscarriages n 1 ectopic) in the past 4 years. Had 1 baby boy in between the miscarriage. Now I am 7 week pregnant but doc said baby not growing. Likely gg to miscarriage anytime. Doc said can go thru DnC or use pill to end the pregnancy. My hubby n I wanted a second child but really worry that the repeated miscarriage will damage my womb. Super depressed now!!!!

May I ask,
1) Which method to terminate the pregnancy is ''cleaner'? Pill is non invasive but how sure if it will clean the womb thoroughly...

For mini-confinement, how long to do? 1 week or longer?

Appreciate ur kind advice.

Any advice where i can do do ritual for the dead fetus ?

Since had so many time miscarriages, thought of doing a proper ritual for the dead fetus for peace of mind...

Hi hopeful_mum, congrats on ur current pregnancy! Hearing your story give me some hopes in my darkest time.:)

May I ask what do you mean by 'sticky blood' ? did u do anything to tiao/bu your body ? Can share???

Last edited:
In my memories : Be strong, once hb cannot detect means no hope anymore. Get over it(its difficult, I know) and get ready for the next game.You will be surprised !

teetee : Progesterone is needed to support a pregnancy. But if your HCG is dropping, additional progesterone will not help.

Ng Yen Ling : Both natural and d&c can be clean method of termination. But of course, without going through op is better. Actually, for confinement, its up to you. I myself never did any for my m/cs but still no probs conceiving again. Depends on how your body feel, if you feel weak, then maybe good to eat some 'bu'.

Hihi. Previously I had posted abt on and off bleeding after d&c. Luckily it was nothing major for concern. My gynae had gave the green light that everything is fine. I think it's true that we should get over it quickly so that we can embark on the ttc journey again. I know it's not easy. After the dnc, I brew red date tea myself and buy the herbs to bath. Food wise, I didn't eat confinement food but I made sure not to eat 'cold' stuff. However I brew 生化汤 to drink.

I'm giving a pill to insert into vaginal 3 hrs b4 op. I just read that e pill is to terminate pregnancy. I tot that prof will give me another ultrasound b4 d&c. But if I insert it it means I'm aborting this pregnancy. I really feel like having 1 last ultrasound thinking that heartbeat will come back. Some said d&c can clear the clots to have higher chance of conceiving in future, some said natural m/c is better, I feel confuse and duno which 1 is real.
No la the pill is for vaginal there to open so that dnc can be done. If that is the case mbe u go a&e in nuh or kkh to do the last check in ultrasound or request gynae do so today at other clinic or his clinic. My current doesn't support dnc.

In my memories : Be strong, once hb cannot detect means no hope anymore. Get over it(its difficult, I know) and get ready for the next game.You will be surprised !

teetee : Progesterone is needed to support a pregnancy. But if your HCG is dropping, additional progesterone will not help.

Ng Yen Ling : Both natural and d&c can be clean method of termination. But of course, without going through op is better. Actually, for confinement, its up to you. I myself never did any for my m/cs but still no probs conceiving again. Depends on how your body feel, if you feel weak, then maybe good to eat some 'bu'.
The question is after few day is no cramp only little black colour thing come out for few day,as i count only 5 week plus i pregnant & it should be naturrally m/c!

I really feel like having 1 last ultrasound thinking that heartbeat will come back. Some said d&c can clear the clots to have higher chance of conceiving in future, some said natural m/c is better, I feel confuse and duno which 1 is real.

sorry for your lose. i too had a D&C when i lost my bb heartbeat at week 8. dont worry, if u are doing D&C, the gynae will did one more scan before doing the op. please stay strong & take care.

Don't want to conceive anymore. Had cramp & bleeding this morning. The pain is unbearable. Admit to a&e, doing vaginal scans so uncomfortable. I am not brave to thru 2nd m/c. Those of u who have 2 or more m/c are so brave.

Hi hopeful_mum, congrats on ur current pregnancy! Hearing your story give me some hopes in my darkest time.:)

May I ask what do you mean by 'sticky blood' ? did u do anything to tiao/bu your body ? Can share???
thanks. erm I very notti one so don't follow my example. I didn't do any sort of confinement at all and even consumed cold drinks after all my MCs. I only see tcm after my ectopic, so took her meds. she told me my body is actually very strong that's why can dong, but becoz I never tiao etc, so after ectopic, my body becomes weaker.

so I took her meds tiao abt 3-5mths bah. in between I had a chem preg..

erm for sticky blood can only be found out via blood tests. my levels were good before pregnancy only discover this time. so need injections to prevent blood clotting.

Hi Ladies,

Just want to ask those who have already started ttc again. How do you prepare yourself mentally? I realized my hubby and I are putting a lot of hopes again and tend to feel disappointment when each month gives a negative. At the same time, I am also worried and scared at the same time. This feeling is a little uncontrollable sometimes.

Hi everyone
My hcg not growing and today doctor decided not to proceed further. I m now 5 wks 5 days. Cant find sac during scan so doc said do not need d n c. Feeling painful since this is my 1st pregnancy. Previously 3 Iui, 1 ivf and this is natural. Very sad..been on a roller coaster since 8th Oct after i found positive on the pregnancy kit.

In my memories : bb steps at a time. Its the only way if u want to have your own child. Get over this first. Time will heal.....

Chew : Get what you mean. Depends alot on oneself. Putting too much hopes may lead to more disappointment. I guess accept the fact that every pregnancy carries a risk of m/c, no matter which stage. Don't be too hard on yourself and force yourself to ttc when you don't feel like it. Enjoy other things in Life. I was once in your shoes but I'm not so hardworking to ttc every month, so I got no pressure to check the stick every month and went on our daily routine. Only check when af was late and by that time, I roughly know.

Hi everyone
My hcg not growing and today doctor decided not to proceed further. I m now 5 wks 5 days. Cant find sac during scan so doc said do not need d n c. Feeling painful since this is my 1st pregnancy. Previously 3 Iui, 1 ivf and this is natural. Very sad..been on a roller coaster since 8th Oct after i found positive on the pregnancy kit.

Hi, understand how you feel. My first m/c was the same case as you. Doc cannot find the sac and eventually I had bleeding and like menses, it was discharged. Dun be sad, let your body recover first. Take care.

Back