Support group - Miscarriages

Thor, ur Mrs stay at home 1 week or 2?

I was thinking order 1 week confinement food to my house n following weeks I eat per normal n brew my own soup.

I work 8-6pm de so I don't think I can order the food to my office to eat ma. Wait the delivery man deliver to wrong place lo.

99% of my colleagues dunno. Only my immediate bosses know. I work in a big office with 90+ colleagues ma...

Don't scare me leh. Will meh? I was still hoping body will discharge itself naturally... o.o
Me too. Have light bleeding from Mon till now. Hoping body can discharge naturally too. I took antibiotic as given by gynae. Currently taking confinement food already. Is it too early?

Mangoyoyo: sorry I do not know how to reply with the quote :).

I give birth to them 3 years old when they were 20 weeks. Did ivf in march april time but bfn so rested till now so thinking of going for fet in sept. 2 months? I tot we should rest and get those high artificial hormone out first... that my tot. So that is what I did.

Me too. Have light bleeding from Mon till now. Hoping body can discharge naturally too. I took antibiotic as given by gynae. Currently taking confinement food already. Is it too early?
Hmm.. I think the potent stuff should be the soups ba. My Cantonese fren say 1...

I just ordered from natal essentials n i saw the menu is very much like our normally taken food leh. But I may be wrong la.

Aiyo. N then me is spotting for 3~4 weeks already. From fresh to stale 1 now.
I think nobody spot so long as me ba. ><

Hi ladies, after discharge from hospital I have been staying with my mum, my brother, SIL and niece.. I tot with them by my side their laughter I can forget what I have go thru... But I still can't coz my niece will Tok abt my bb say ask me must eat Cox bb need to eat... She still young only 3 yrs old so I dun blame her... But whenever I heard this my heart feel so pain and sad and I duno how to answer her... Today my grandparents say want to visit me and I suddenly break down, I tot I can face ppl le but who knows I still can't... I duno how when I go back work coz think everyone already knew I'm pregnant that time as my baby bump quite big at 17 weeks.. I really duno how to face my colleagues and my PIL side....

Hi ladies, after discharge from hospital I have been staying with my mum, my brother, SIL and niece.. I tot with them by my side their laughter I can forget what I have go thru... But I still can't coz my niece will Tok abt my bb say ask me must eat Cox bb need to eat... She still young only 3 yrs old so I dun blame her... But whenever I heard this my heart feel so pain and sad and I duno how to answer her... Today my grandparents say want to visit me and I suddenly break down, I tot I can face ppl le but who knows I still can't... I duno how when I go back work coz think everyone already knew I'm pregnant that time as my baby bump quite big at 17 weeks.. I really duno how to face my colleagues and my PIL side....

Cheer up. I understand how u feel as i lost mine at week 18. My HL is 3 weeks and im going back to work on monday. Im quite worried on colleagues or aunties who are insensitive. I will not talk about it when i go back to work.

As in how to face others, i guess we never did anything wrong so we shouldn't make them make us feel that way.

Now important is to tiao back body so we can start again.

Mangoyoyo: seriously quite okay leh. Much beta than I tot. Cos I ordered fr another company called newbaby(dunno whether still exist) 7yrs back for 1st kid confinement. Tat 1 quite disappointing bt tis X cos quite last min(d&c mah) can't do too much research, I kept searching on my ifone after wifey was pushed into the OT n decided on tis Natalessential, quite on time everyday summore.

Starlights: sorry for the late reply wifey rested ard 2weeks, she actually quite disciplined, even if realli nid to get out of house she will wear long sleeves even under hot sun to make sure dun kana wind blow.

Tatz what we hear, try not let body '进风' cos not so gd. Sumting jus like doing a real confinement after birth. Try to boil ginger water to bathe oso to keep the body warm.

Natal essential food quite okay 1 no worry, they do follow quite authentic confinement food honestly, uses lotsa ginger, and Chinese herbs on those '补汤' portion quite big oso.

How many weeks did u order?

Starlights: actually mus realli c how big is the sac, Gynae will advise whether the must for d&c, cos we tot ours at 8weeks sac shdnt be too big and we did tot and asked Gynae can we skip tat dreadful procedure n insert tablet or eat medicine orally to let it dispel.

Gynae mentioned for our case not advisable at all cos sac oredi quite big, it will be quite painful to bear for normal dispel so we opt the painful procedure straight e next following day. Summore normal dispel might take weeks so it will be a long n painful wait realli.

I suggest u might realli wanna reconsider doing it earlier realli I understand might be quite difficult to go through bt come to tink of it shd be a beta option so that your body can rest faster(after d&c) n perhaps even start ttc again earlier too.

allure, facing ppl is difficult.. on e day i was discharged, i went back my in laws place n saw my 2 nephews n it was difficult.. its been one month now n seeing babies n young kids r still difficult for me.. initially i always put on a strong front, but once i'm alone i'll b sad n crying.. it may b very cliche but it will get better with time..

dun rush urself as u need the time to grief.. true people will understand ur situation, so dun worry so much yet.. leave these situations to when the time comes den worry~

days r difficult to pass by especially confinement without ur babies.. i especially hate mornings when i wake up, cuz the first thing i wake up is think abt my little girl..

how long did ur gynae give u to rest? take this time to rest well n bond with ur dh..

@lazybee85, my gynae give me hospitalized leave start from the day I in hospital which is 10 July to 25 July... But my Hb and mum want me to do confinement for one mth coz they say my case really like giving birth as I push out my own bb one by one, after that still got evacuation of uterus as one placenta is stuck... After operation lost too much blood in the end transfuse 2 packet of blood..

Cheer up. I understand how u feel as i lost mine at week 18. My HL is 3 weeks and im going back to work on monday. Im quite worried on colleagues or aunties who are insensitive. I will not talk about it when i go back to work.

As in how to face others, i guess we never did anything wrong so we shouldn't make them make us feel that way.

Now important is to tiao back body so we can start again.
meiling, agree totally! we didnt do anything wrong, so we need to stick up for ourselves..

like a few days ago, i went into Hock Hua n the auntie working there asked "boy or girl" in chinese.. my mum shook her head signalling me not to say anything but i just told the auntie straight in her face "liu chan".. n she immediately shut up.. i felt that it was unjust to my little one if i lied.. so dun worry abt others n just do what u feel right~

...Tatz what we hear, try not let body '进风' cos not so gd. Sumting jus like doing a real confinement after birth. Try to boil ginger water to bathe oso to keep the body warm.

Natal essential food quite okay 1 no worry, they do follow quite authentic confinement food honestly, uses lotsa ginger, and Chinese herbs on those '补汤' portion quite big oso.

How many weeks did u order?
So... ur MRS is v obedient leh, wear long sleeve n long pants right. Hmmm i was wondering can blow air con or not?

I realise my morning sickness now includes headache upon wind blow; so I turn on fan blowing directly at me, I surely will get headache sia. Haiz.. I think if I do the confinement I will not wash hair lo...yucky thoughts but no choice.

Anyway i ordered 1 week dinner n lunch only. I think only 1 week HL ma so only ordered this much. From the way I'm reacting to the medicines (initially to stop cramps), it doesn't work for me. I guess my absorption is not good. As of 16jul i can see a big shell in me now, so my hub also worry the med may only work partially then still ll need to go for d/c...

For the food...i didn't think of ordering another week cos I should be working the 2nd week, n since I just started work not long at this place so don't have much annual leave too. Already MC 6~7 days n took 5 days leaves in past few weeks le.

My work hours are 8~6pm n my office is quite big la so cannot send courier delivery to deliver food there, I think it will kena stop at security/reception there... sweat.

Hmm n u mention about newbaby... the Co still exist just that I enquired, they now sell the dry herbs only. Guess their food delivery service wasn't good ba. I thought buying the herbs n brew myself after my hospital leave ends...then I can tabao to work to drink or drink at night...

Last edited:
Starlights: aircon still okay lah, else realli too hot sg weather jus avoid direct wind be it natural or from fan.

Can't take more HL or MC? If realli nid to eat outside food, do avoid cooling food like bittergourd, chn cabbage, fruit juices ESP watermelon. Trying eating food with more ginger & sesame oil Loh if can. Strictly no herbal drinks, cold drink, etc itz impt to keep womb warm ESP during these 2weeks.

Starlights: do get some red dates n dried longan to boil n drink as ur daily h2o if possible even after the 1week supply fr Natalessential.

Thanks Thor.

Ya lo. I saw newBaby got sell the Red dates tea so i'm going to buy n boil myself ba.. alot stuff I'm going to do myself cos workaholic hub is alway busy at work n there's nobody at home. He can see cctv to monitor me lo.

His parents n mine dunno. Knowing their pattern...i rather not say. Just wana spare me an earful.

Uhh... the annual leaves no doubt I'm left with 5 days but then I guess i need to save it for the rest of the year. Got to stand by for followup checks. Haiz.

I have been asking around... seems lik there's different school of thoughts. Some said 1 week confinement is enough, some said 2. N for those who did shorter confinement i see them all doing fine.

So for my case, I was thinking...got do better than not doing anything at all...

maybe I kiasu abit, don't eat all e cooling food for at least 40days n i was thinking should i buy the extra herbs from newBaby n boil my own confinement soup after my 1 week meals from natalessentials ended... the herbs are the usual (28 days) confinement soups.

Last edited:
Starlights: yah those Liang teh pls dun touch if possible :)

Poor u, my parents super busi ppl too, I did relate n they jus orh ok, jus take care of ya wife tis period Loh ESP my dad a man of few words. Parents in law can't help much too as both still working oso. We are alwaz on our own oso.

Do get this herbal pack 'ba zheng tang' fr herbal shops if u okay with the taste Loh, n this 'bai feng wan' too to regular back ur menstration cycle after tis episode, it will do u gd!

Starlights: gd gd can discipline dun eat cooling stuffs the longer the beta actually. :)

Mus take gd care k, ESP ur case gotta work n hubby not by ya side, not easy at all, mus Jia u!

meiling, agree totally! we didnt do anything wrong, so we need to stick up for ourselves..

like a few days ago, i went into Hock Hua n the auntie working there asked "boy or girl" in chinese.. my mum shook her head signalling me not to say anything but i just told the auntie straight in her face "liu chan".. n she immediately shut up.. i felt that it was unjust to my little one if i lied.. so dun worry abt others n just do what u feel right~

Yup. Alot of people bound to say, oh did u eat wrong food?, oh did you carry heavy things etc... Just ignore them. Tomorrow i will go back office and if people so kpo until ask why i mc or they so blur till still ask me about my pregnancy, i will just smile at them. Don't need to talk much lah.

Some might gossip behind but well, if we have to care for how each of them feels and think, we will be suffering.

Sg weather really too hot. Only these few days i start to let fan blow at me cos really cannot tahan...

But i still avoid drinking and eating cold food or drinks. I told myself not to eat seafood and no gassy drinks too. I shall continue as my daily routine...

That day after mc I bleed for 3 days. Should be around 5 weeks preg then. When I finally visited my gynae,he was away for holiday, on the 3rd day I was ask to take the progesterone jab before the test result come out. Then my bleeding stop UNTIL NOW! It has been almost a month! Last week my gynae got me back to scan. He said everything clear. Now impatiently waiting for my menses to come. During this period I visited my tcm doc. She ask me not to take those confinement food cos I got really heaty body already. So I only boiled some chicken soup occasionally.

Sg weather really too hot. Only these few days i start to let fan blow at me cos really cannot tahan...

But i still avoid drinking and eating cold food or drinks. I told myself not to eat seafood and no gassy drinks too. I shall continue as my daily routine...
ya.. been so used to confinement food, forget how normal food taste like liao..

i oso thinking of reducing cold drinks, soft drinks n those liang stuff too.. only bth den take liao..

Don't scare me leh. Will meh? I was still hoping body will discharge itself naturally... o.o

Sorry to hear about your loss. Yes, gynae do fear that we may have infection if waited too long. My first mc was at 9th week, symptoms still going strong, gynae said can try to wait a week, but nothing happened. So, we opt for d&c. 2nd time at 6th week, still small, so within 2 days it happened naturally.

Yup. Alot of people bound to say, oh did u eat wrong food?, oh did you carry heavy things etc... Just ignore them. Tomorrow i will go back office and if people so kpo until ask why i mc or they so blur till still ask me about my pregnancy, i will just smile at them. Don't need to talk much lah.

Some might gossip behind but well, if we have to care for how each of them feels and think, we will be suffering.

Meiling, definitely some ppl will come over and comfort or ask how are you. This is the time when i will start crying and feel emo. I hope everything goes smooth for u tmr. Just stay strong.

For some closer colleagues i just tell them politely that I m not ready to talk cos may break down so they left Me alone Even after few mths I was invited to bb showers by one of them I aso tell him tat too. but i did buy him gifts for his twins except didnt turn up for the celebration.Being a real colleague they will understand how u feel then.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Yes, gynae do fear that we may have infection if waited too long. My first mc was at 9th week, symptoms still going strong, gynae said can try to wait a week, but nothing happened. So, we opt for d&c. 2nd time at 6th week, still small, so within 2 days it happened naturally.
I think I have mine at week 4 le. Cos that's the scary bleeding prompted me to go kkh o/g clinic.
Was still hoping for some good news ma. Haiz.

But weekly visits yield nothing. As of 16jul it's a faint shadow with no hb detected.. Haiz.

Last edited:
Meiling, definitely some ppl will come over and comfort or ask how are you. This is the time when i will start crying and feel emo. I hope everything goes smooth for u tmr. Just stay strong.

Now at office. I very scare later people come and ask me... Especially receptionist and the cleaner aunties... My department colleagues should be still ok...

hmm.. any ladies feel angry abt the loss?

it's been a month since i lost my little one n experiencing a mixture of anger/sadness.. especially in e mornings when i wake up.. den some days feel so useless.. ma chiam like emotional rollercoaster ride liddat~ :confused:

So far so good. I haven seen my receptionist yet, cleaner aunty for my side on leave today. Close colleagues ok also cos never really ask. But got 1 aunty asked me is it i took long leave then i saw her bio my tummy. I just say ya. Another guy colleague from IT dept i think never saw my tummy cos i sitting down, was talking about youtube video on cooking iphone. Then he turned to me and said next time i cook milk bottle. I just said orh...

it's been a month since i lost my little one n experiencing a mixture of anger/sadness.. especially in e mornings when i wake up.. den some days feel so useless.. ma chiam like emotional rollercoaster ride liddat~ :confused:

I think to me is like if bb still ard, now she will be week 21 day 4...

Meiling, its tough for u. Best that ppl leave you alone and let u work quietly. At least your focus is diverted to work. I cry quite abit on my 2days of work. As long as i mentioned the word "mc". I start emo.

Initially...i will cry in the middle of the night and think why this happened to me n my baby. I try to focus on ttc now so it helps me to offload the negative emotions. Because there is new hope. Jia you...you must slowly walk out of this negative emotions.

I had one mc last year n 1 lost twinnie in wk7. I have to kp telling myself I have to stay strong for my little princess inside me now. My dh already declared her as his baobei now. But the 2 angels forever in my heart no matter where I go..

I think I have mine at week 4 le. Cos that's the scary bleeding prompted me to go kkh o/g clinic.
Was still hoping for some good news ma. Haiz.

But weekly visits yield nothing. As of 16jul it's a faint shadow with no hb detected.. Haiz.

So, since week 4 you start to have bleeding, how about now?

So far so good. I haven seen my receptionist yet, cleaner aunty for my side on leave today. Close colleagues ok also cos never really ask. But got 1 aunty asked me is it i took long leave then i saw her bio my tummy. I just say ya. Another guy colleague from IT dept i think never saw my tummy cos i sitting down, was talking about youtube video on cooking iphone. Then he turned to me and said next time i cook milk bottle. I just said orh...
meiling, soon it'll b e end if e work day le! hope everything ok so far~

Initially...i will cry in the middle of the night and think why this happened to me n my baby. I try to focus on ttc now so it helps me to offload the negative emotions. Because there is new hope. Jia you...you must slowly walk out of this negative emotions.
mango, i oso wana ttc asap... but AF not yet report so feel like cant do much..

So, since week 4 you start to have bleeding, how about now?
Actually week #4 (13june) bled for 6~7 days ,despite had been prescribed 14days hormones pills to stop the cramps. It doesn't really help to stop the bleeding or the cramps.

After that (towards end june) I have stale spotting until now. Evryday sure need to put panty liner x 3. Just very disgusting la. ><

Now I'm week #9...

Last edited:
N just now I overheard my colleagues were gossiping about another colleague who is on hospitalisation leave since early June because of her unstable pregnancy. She's on drip weekly cos of her horrible morning sickness n she has to be admitted evry few days for a drip.

Haiz. I think of her I just sobbed a little quietly. At least her bb is there to stay. She's 3-4 months into her pregnancy.

Starlights: understood how u feel, dun gv up urs will come soon too.

I avoid gg back office(I'm running sales) when wifey jus did d&c too cos there happened to be a preggie colleague edd 1 month earlier than wifey. I still need to bump into her often nowadays bt guess I can take slightly beta oredi.

Actually week #4 (13june) bled for 6~7 days ,despite had been prescribed 14days hormones pills to stop the cramps. It doesn't really help to stop the bleeding or the cramps.

After that (towards end june) I have stale spotting until now. Evryday sure need to put panty liner x 3. Just very disgusting la. ><

Now I'm week #9...

That's really awful, got to go through the spotting for so long. So, your next appt is 2 weeks later?

Princessleopard, I just rescheduled to go for d/c tomorrow morning. Doc feels i shouldnt drag so she brought forward my 2 weeks appt.

Now I'm at home alone n i cant help but to cry. Haiz.

Hugs to all. I have a few preggy colleagues in my office. I hope I won't feel so awful after going back to work.
Same.
At present there's 2 in my office. 1 is having bed rest at home n the other is so happy over the moon that she told practically everybody.
But of course she doesnt know my case, n im very glad that I never did announce that I was.

But then huh when I looked at her I felt rather angry n felt like slapping her to shut her up. ><

Back