Support group - Miscarriages

bebechic n linda...

eerr... sori to mention it here... but u gals toking abt smoking? hope not too sensitive for u...

as for me, my hubby is a smoker... even now he trys not to smoke in front of mt but sometimes inevitable lah...

hi tintin..
yup...not very good for the baby la..its not the reason of MC..but smoking will coz baby to be underweight when its born. however i haf seen many healthy babies when their mother smoked thru out the pregnancy, one is my mum another one is my auntie another one is fren's mum. of cozz NOT to advocate smoking..if can avoid try to..besides quitting, my hubby also smoke far far away from me when i preg...hehe..but i believe your hubby will zidong when you are preg la..hehe

Hi bebechi,

Hope you are feeling better now...

Linda...

Congrats on your pregnancy and take care..

Chestnut
So sorry to hear of your experience.....Please take good care of yourself and try again k...Have a mini confinement to build up your health...Eat well and rest well!!

Nas

hi tintin & bebechic,
Thx for your advice, will prob start work on Fri. Im eating so much ginger, i feel that my stomach is burning! Feel constipated too! I guess too many of the 'heaty' stuff i hv to take.

natash: thx, do take care too and all the best to u.
happy.gif

Hi Linda,
Congrats! Hope you still remember me, i was the one who had m/c twice. Your good news is certainly an encouragement to all of us here.

Meanwhile, best wishes to everyone here....

fxy...
seen your story..when you going to start planning for another one??...me effectively gone thru evac twice..thinking of trying in oct leh...

rest of the gals??

hey chestnut...

same with me man... when i was doing mino confinement, my mum made me eat alot of ginger... i nearly fell sick during that time cos i got a bit heaty... i immed tone down on the stuff then.
happy.gif

Hi bebechic

I had the 2nd m/c in end jun, so now i'm trying again. gynae told me to wait for at least 1 cycle of AF before trying again, but maybe different gynaes might advise differently. my 2nd m/c was expelled from my body naturally and no d&c was done, so i guess 1 cycle should be alright.
pls do take care of yourself during this mini confinement period and eat more tonics.

Hi Linda,

Congrats ! Feel like hugging and kissing you !
YOu make me feel very excited. Pls take care, ok. Which gynae you are seeing now ?

I started trying this month. But feel not much hope cos I think I baby dance not at the most fertile period...

Hope I will be like you soon ....

One question,
do you dance everyday during your fertile period ?

Dearest Linda,

Thank you for giving us hope...

Will pray for you and your baby...

Think positively...

Ryan

hi tintin,
I'm feeling better now, must be the banana i ate. Dunno if can take but really cannot 'tahan', even my mom see me like that also say can la, can eat banana.
I wish all of you out there who's trying for a baby the best of luck!

I'm feeling better, physically & mentally. But night time's worse, will tend to think of more stuff.

This sat, i'm going for my ROM. Imagine I need to have a change of mood mode. I'm torned between feeling damn happy and some grieving. I will probably shed some tears due to both...
My sudden(carelessly unplanned) pregnancy is the push button that ended my courtship wif my very-soon-2b-HB. We were together for 8 happy years. My wedding gown is tailored and designed for a 4mth old baby stomach. therefore it looks a wee bit like a maternity dress... I feel like I am being played a trick on now that i lose the baby i've come to anticipate.

Oops, sigh...sorry girls, I feel like im getting out of track with the topic here, just too bored staying at home with this mini confinement thingy... now gotto go back and try to sleep...

Hi Vera,
I dun mind your kiss man!
happy.gif
Dun worry abt dancing during non-fertile period... Leave it to fate. I dun dance everyday during fertile period lah... No need to anyway. once every other day is good enough. I also dunno when this baby is conceived...
lame.gif

Hi Ryan
happy.gif
Thanks for your prayers. I also hope there are more encouraging stories here soon.

Hi Chestnut,
We understand. It is okay, share your feelings here.... It is definately diff to switch btw the 2 moods. It is ok to feel sad. But dun think of your marriage happening only cos of the baby then. You and hubby have 8 old years behind you both and it is TIME to tie the knot!!! Slowly you will be able to feel more happiness in a day...then slowly you feel happy most of the time...of course sometimes you will think of the babe...but it will get lesser and lesser. And then when you think of it, you will only have memories and not sadness.
Take care and all the best for your ROM.

hey fxy,
me wan try in oct..still waiting for AF to come..glad dat you game to try again...lets hope all who are trying get babies next year!!

chestnut..
dun be so upset..we all know its difficult, esp when you have made prepartions for it. but all of us here got over it soon...i believe you can do it too...meanwhile..think of the happy things wif your hubby and take some time to pamper yourself!!
come chat wif us when you are not so busy..or sleepy..hee

hi chestnut...
linda is right. look forward to your ROM and then start "a new life" after that.
happy.gif
still young so plenty of chances...
happy.gif

vera,
heard somewhere dun need to babydance everyday, just alternate days will do. but if menses irregular then maybe shld dance evryday? hehe... me not sure... :p

hmm gals,
i tot the sperm can survive for a few days...dats why even if you dance a few days b4 ovulation..some of the surviving sperms still can manage to fertilise the egg?? so what tintin say is quite true la..i think alternate days can liao...everyday very tiring leh..

Hi linda, bebe & tintin,
ya, I guess it's true that slowly i will think of more positive things and not dwell on too much! Thanks 4 hearing me out!
happy.gif

can i check with you guys, this afternoon, I experienced this terribly throbbing pain at my wonb area, almost wanna faint, then called my HB to call Dr to ask how... Then the doc said this pain is expected cos my womb/uterus is contracting. Did u guys experienced this???

After abt half an hr, it subsided, leaving me in cold sweat. Felt better after drinking hot milo. Dr said its an on & off thing... is it true?

hi chestnut..
heard from rest of the gals its common to haf cramps...for me i dun..but i developed very bad heartburn. dun worry since your gynae haf already told you its on n off one...but i think after 2 weeks or so..this sumptom will juz disappear..dun worry too much...of coz try to avoid cold drinks lor...hot ones like milo will be better..

hehehe...dancing everyday will also 'reduce' the amt of sperm inside hubby's testicles. Give the 'factory' sometime to replenish stock.
happy.gif

Hi Chestnut,
How long have it been since the d&c? Cos it takes abt a week for the menses to stop and your cramps to stop too. Did the doc gave you painkillers? Call the doc if you can take Panadol or Ponstan to curb the pain. Most impt is NOT to exert strength.

hi bebechic,
ya, i wil try to refrain from cold drinks, very funny aft i had my evac, i somehow craved for a hot fudge from mac, strange right, despite being so sad and all. Lucky i didn't eat eh...

hi linda,
the cramp was on the 4th day aft the evac, i ate the ponstan given to me when the cramps started but it was to no effect, dr did say if the cramp really persist, I will hv to go A&E and call for him, but luckily it subsided. So far still alright... ya, now i walk also so gentle & slooow, dad says i look like an old woman with a backache! Asked my brother to help me with a lot of fetching stuff until he ask me to pay him since he feels like a servant!! But i am really glad that my family's so patient and caring towards me, it sure helps!

yo chestnut!.
i also haf weird cravings all of sudden..like things i dun dare to eat during pregnancy...honey sea coconut etc etc...after evac..eat alot...for me i drink alot of cold drinks...no cramps..but bleeding continues lor...i very noti gal...dun follow instructions one..anyhow eat n drink..hehe

great dat you haf alot of family support..i only haf hubby..n some frens...but anyway i get over it liao..haha

Hi ladies,

I thought of posting here a little later but feel that I will feel better if I get it out of my system now.

I was 22 going to 23 weeks in my pregnancy when my water bag started to leak unexpectedly. On Tuesday mornring at 2am, I started having contractions and bleeding.. which really scares me. We went straight to the hospital and was immediately put on drip to stop the contraction. The doctor did an ultra sound scan and found the amniotic fluid to be very low. When the water bag leaks, there is really nothing medically that can be done to stop it. If I continue with the pregnancy, the baby will not have enough fluid to move around and will hamper his movements. The doctor says that such a tear is not caused by strenous activities...and although I have not been doing anything streneous, I can't help feeling so helpless and sad that I am not able to provide a healthy environment for my baby to grow.

The doctor put me on observation for the rest of the day, hoping that the leak is somewhere higher up the placenta. However, given the dangersouly low level, that is not likely to happen. I did not have any contractions throughout the day and I tried to think positive, talking to my baby all day long. He was especially communicative that day... kicking whenever me or my hubby spoke.

Towards 6pm, I started having regular contraction, despite the fact that I was still having the drip on... the doctor spoke to my husband at 8pm, asking me to stop the drip and the let the baby out naturally.

At that point, I broke down and cried... so did my hubby, who had been trying to be strong and comforting throughout. I had a difficult pregancy... I had spotting,was anemic and also developed gestational diabetes a couple of weeks ago. I overcame all these hurdle but this was beyond me, my hubby, my baby, my doctor!! It was heartbreaking.. the baby was still kicking inside me. I insisted that I should continue to suppress the drip although it made my heart beat really fast and I was in danger... I just needed to have that one last try.

By midnite, the contractions are still coming and doctor reduced the dosage... I knew then that the doctor is signalling to me that it is no hope already. I spent the rest of the nite in labour...sobbing as I pursued my last fruitless attempt to keep the baby.

By 4 or 5 am, the contractions were so bad and frequent that I needed the gas mask and pain killers. Neither helped much to numb my emotional pains. The valium which the doctor gave me the nite before kept me in a sort of calm mode... preventing me from going hysterical.

At 6.30 am, the doctor came in and talked to me. She told me it is no point fighting already as I am endangering my life and the cervix is already dilated. The doctor had originally wanted me to push the baby out but seeing the emotional state that I am in, decided to push me to the operating theatre. I had a d&c done.
When I woke up, the doctor asked if I wanted to see the baby... I just could not bear to see him for the first and last time. My hubby saw him and bade him farewell. He said he was a handsome boy.

We had not decided on the baby's name but was thinking of using the word 'jie' as one of the word. Loosely translated, it means excellent. Baby Jie has been an excellent baby during the 5 or 6 months inside me. He fought along with me to keep his little life and I feel that I have failed him in some ways.

I hope that one day, I will recover emotionally... to be able to have another baby. It will be tough as I am already 33 this year.

In the meantime, I will try my best to recover both physically and emotionally. The road is long but I am grateful for the support from family and friends.

I am in confinement now and will not be checking this forum regularly. Thanks for hearing me out... I just needed to get it out of my system...

folic

Hi folic

I am so sorry that you have to go thru such a bad patch...its truely amazing that you are so strong to brave thru the ordeal...The road is long and you have continue support from us...

Please take care k...My heart will be with you...God bless

Nas

Hi Folic,

My heart goes out to u. Tears well up in my eyes after reading your msg. I have been a avid follower of all TTC treads and mothers to be thread and i know what u have been going through in your pregnancy. I must salute you for your braveness and the never say die attitute that u have in keeping your baby.

I know what we say can't make up for the loss you suffered. But nevertheless, pls take care of yourself and build up your body. I am very sure that god will bless you with a beautiful baby. I am sure.

Take care.

hi folic...

i cried reading ur message. i know it is very tough on u now and watever words of encouragement and console dat we say now might not be able to heal or stop the hurt u r going thru.

i'm sure ur bb oso fought well. but let us leave things in god's hands. i'm sure he will be taken good care of up there.

meantime, do rest well. and u will recover, and will hv a babies later. dun wori too much. hv confidence in yourself.

take care...
happy.gif

Hi folic
My heart is with you. I wish I could say more... I think you did great and you had so much bravery about you. I dun think you failed Baby Jie in any way gal, for you have fought a good fight. I can never ever understand your pain but I do sincerely wish that you will be healthy and strong soon and will be blessed with another little one.

Some days will be bad, but remember, there is always sunshine after the rain.

Hi folic, I don't know what to say.... My heart is crying with pain while reading your msg. I really admire your courage and strength in fighting the battle to keep Baby Jie. Remember he is in God's hand now and is taken good care of. Take good care of yourself during this confinement period.

Hi Folic

So sorry to hear abt what u have went true, I am at a loss of words after reading yr posting. Believe no words of consolation cld ease away the pain you are feeling now. Do take good care of yrself and rest assured we will always be there for u should you need a pair of listening ear.

Hi Folic

I m a follower of TTC n Anyone trying for a baby threads. I shared your anxiety fm TTC thread to joy in Anyone trying for a baby thread. I learned abt your miscarriage fm Anyone trying for a baby thread.

My tear almost flowed out of my eyes when I read your miscarriage posting here. U r v strong to put the whole process in words here.

Take gd care n build up your body. U will get a healthy baby in your next pregnancy.

Hi Folic

I can't stop my tears from flowing down my face after reading what you've shared....my gf lost her baby recently and I cried along as well...it was indeed heartrenching for the parents to be...
For me, I'm due to deliver soon and I think I'll collapse mentally if anything were to happen to my baby now....maybe that's why I got so emotional after reading your message....
Take good care of yourself during this period of time and tune back your health....May God be with you and your hubby!

Hi Folic,

I almost cry out reading your msg. U are very brave, u did your very best and i'm sure your baby Jie did his best too. I'm not very good with words, and hope you will get stronger day by day.

Feel free to write anything here. We are here to listen, support and encourage u. Take good care of yourself.

hi folic...
we all admire you for your courage and strength to go thru this ordeal. wateva we all say will not be able to ease the pain in your heart right now...please take very good care of yourself...some of us here haf been thru losses too, juz dat its more straightforward..so there is not even a chance for us to fight and struggle...you really really fought well & hard for baby jie...so please do not regret and feel guilty about it. i believe your hubby n yourself need each other the most now, please take care of each other...do not cry in silence...we are all here for you...anytime you wish to get somthing out of your system...

Hi Folic

I'm really sorry to hear what had happened. You've put up a brave fight and i admire you for the strength that you have. Pls do take good care of yourself.

Hi Folic

You did your best and fight for Baby Jie. You are very brave. Remember that we are all here to support you. Please take good care.

Warmest Regards
Soft

hi folic
i m not good at consolating people but I tink you've been amazing. My heart is wif you and do take good rest during this confinement period. All of us here have good fighting spirit and will overcome all obstacles together. Take care.

mae

Dear Folic,

My heart goes to you. It is a difficult battle to fight. You have been very brave. Risking your own life to save Baby Jie. You have done your best.

Jie is in God's hands now. I also had a m/c. We named him Issac. Guess both of them are in a beautiful land now.

Once again, you are a brave lady...Take good care of yourself...God bless

Ryan

hi Folic,

U r a very strong lady and i feel my heart ache when I read abt what happened. Please really rest well, we will be here for you if you need to talk abt it.

Dear Folic,
i'm so sorry for what had happened. I think you are a very brave lady who fought the last battle to keep Baby Jie.
Hope you get well soon and I'm sure you will be blessed with another little one.

Hi Folic,

I'm so sorry and feel really heart ache reading your posting. I saw some of your previous postings in TTC tread too. You and Baby Jie have already tried your best and fought for it. Dun think too much and take good care of yourself! Dun be discourage!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. Today is the third day.. I cry a little less each day... and I think that's good. I am more used to comforting people than being comforted by others. However, I am really glad to have a very strong network of frens and family and of course my hubby...Thanks for listening to me. It helped for me to tell of you here on the forum before writing to my friends about it. I am definitely calmer now and my hubby is working from home to keep me company. I will post again soon.

With thanks,

folic

Seems like so many things have happened since I last posted....

Folic
I am truely sorry to hear of your loss, esp after all you went through...
My SIL went through something similar with her second pregnancy, so I know how much pain you're going through...

Do take these few months to build up your body and also to let yourself get over the grief...
Take care!

Linda,

Congrats! So good to hear of the good news!
Take care of yourself!

I just went for my rv yesterday, had the ultrasound scan again, managed to see the limbs forming....
Still a long way more to go, but seeing the heartbeat each time is reassuring after having gone through a previous loss...

Dear Folic

I don't know what to say to comfort you, as my heart is as aching as the rest for you. You and baby Jie has been brave and fought till the last. And I hope you can continue to be a fighter and stand up again. My best wishes. *BIG HUGS*

Dear Folic,

I too cried when i read abt your loss. You are very brave and determined when i read abt your emotional turmoil and attempts in your fight to keep baby jie. Both you and baby jie are fighters and I just hope that you will take care and wish you and your hubby the best. *huggies*

Hi all,

I went back to the gynae for a follow up check up today. Baby Jie is normal baby, my body is also normal and nothing definitive can be pinpointed to the cause of the rupture. I guess it is just something that happens...

My tears have dried up... I am calm...today is a big test for me... being in the gynae's clinic without the baby. I feel sad that I have to start all over again. My gynae advised that I should wait for 6 months before trying again..as I need to let the womb recover.Chances of what happened recurring again in my next pregnancy is almost nil but at this point in time, I am not emotionally ready to think about getting pregnant again etc...

I thank my doctor for allowing to me try till the end... I think I feel better this way. I don't think I am particularly brave... every woman in my position will probably want to do the same.

I appreciate all your posts and knowing that there are people out there who are rooting for me. I really hope that I will one day be brave enough to conceive once again...

folic

Hi Folic,

It's great to know that you've pulled yourself together... I didn't post anything earlier coz i dunno what to say... it's a big shock to me..

I wish that your next pregnancy will be a smooth and happy one. Hope to hear the good news from you in 6 months time.

God Bless

Luv
Preggie

Hi Folic,

Do take care to build up your body now. I am sure you will have a baby next year. Must think positive so that things will be better, okie?

Hi Folic,
Glad to know that you are recovering. Yeap, u need to think positive ok...I'm sure you will be physically & emotionally strong to conceive again.

hey folic..

glad to know you are feeling better!!

i guess now you will definitely feel dat you do not haf the courage to be pregnant again..i feel dat too after my miscarriage 3 wks ago..but after getting over the fact dat i had a miscarriage..i tok to the gals here who went thru the same fate as me... some tried n successful and others still trying...i feel very hopeful about trying once i am ready again..its nvr easy to start all over again...scared to go thru the yet another hurt n pain...but i believe when your body recover..you will be up n trying too!!!...

take care gal!!

Folic,
Glad that you are doing well. No one can know for sure what went wrong sometimes. And sometimes, it is also pointless to find out what happen. Leave it to fate. As for trying again, do give yourself sometime to recover physically and emotionally first. Take care.

Back