Recommended acupuncturist for lower back pain

Actually, for lower back pain...you need to wear a good brand of girdle to support your back. Tuina,accupuncture or massage are just temporary relieve. I am wearing girdle daily after ceasrian,few years ago. You can pm me to know more.

Hi Ladies,
Thanks for yr replies. I guess lower back pain also due to how the way we walk and sit. I've a few recommendations on acupuncture clinic but I've yet to try
happy.gif

Actually I try to sit "properly" and not to carry my kids etc and it helps.

Last time, i used to have sharp jab pain while try to sit up properly. Try ask ortopaedic if can use ultrasound heat treatment to probe that area.

Hi scatterbrain,

Did you hv a fall recently or years ago? If you are keen, I can recommend you a chiropractor that I went to before. She is good and detailed. Proper posture helps a lot and can maintain yr back for a long time. I hv tried acupuncture before, but it is more of increasing circulation in the troubled spots, does not really provide long term relief. Doing back exercises and getting up in a proper way will help to protect yr back in the long run.

For me, I feel girdle is also a temporary relief and does not strengthen the back like doing back exercises.

I got the steps for back exercise,get up proper way from sgh pysiotherapist when they did ultrasound probe for me. I found it troublesome to keep finding time for physio appt, thus, decided to wear girdle and do the back exercise whenever i remember. Don't feel anymore sharp jab pain. The pain last time could travel up to the neck area,especially every morning,

Hi scatterbrain!

I too have been plague with lower back pain due to my field of work with young children + i sprained my back pretty bad some years ago. It's very impt to hv correct postures and also the lower back exercises from my therapist really work
happy.gif
Try to go for therapist instead cos with the steps from them and the constant 'training' from them regularly, it'll help. And from what my therapist told me it's also bcos of our tummy ..if you have budging tummy most likely one will hve lower back pain as well..as it ties in with the back. So have to train your tummy muscles as well. Do not cross legs while sitting as it'll make your lower back ache worse..

I find my back hurts esp also b4 my monthly period. And drinking homemade ginger tea with black sugar helped in this case.(驱风qu feng)Maybe you can try that
happy.gif
and it's inexpensive too, just boil a few slices of fresh old ginger with a cup of water and then add black sugar to taste after a few minutes. Lastly, sometimes it could also be the bed mattress and the position of the head pillow that contributes to this pain too. Try to change different pillows to find one that suits you and your mattress..

Hi moorspa,

May I know more about the chiropractor that you mentioned?

I also have lower back pain quite often now. I fell down twice before & have hurt my back as a result.

Can you tell me more about her charges & location etc? How often is treatment needed?

Yes, Chris. I hurt my lower lumbar spine at 12yrs old. Jab pain especially during menses. Years of pain has made me a bit hunch as a result...all the strain over the years crept to my neck too...only, this past year, pain much lesser..will boil ginger tea,thanks for tips

Hi Hwei Yee,

Pls pm me. Thanks. Her location is at Jalan pemimpin. Charges was $90 abt 2 years ago. Not sure abt now. Frequency of treatment depends on the severity of problem, she will advise how often you shld visit her, however it is still up to u to decide when u can come.

I agree with Chris on tummy muscles training. My back pain was on and off, it was worse when I am tired, n I would strain my back easily. I also took chinese medicine which helps to build blood and qi, n improves circulation which I found out to be my root cause after many years. Adequate sleep n rest also helps a lot. Rest when u feel tired and you reduce the risk of back injury. I learnt to take things easy n not push myself too hard.

Hi Moorspa,
Thanks for helping. Will PM in a while.

Hi Chris,
You are right, I love to cross leg while sitting and worst still, sitting on one of my legs!!Aiya...
Perhaps I need to xray my back just to be sure
happy.gif

hi moorspa

my hubby hurts his back during his course of work and have been having nagging pains on and off.

is it possible to also provide with the details of the chiropractor
you visited, pls?

Thanks very much

Hi Mummies,

I went to this lady TCM , she is good and had recommended to my friends and colleagues and they are grateful to me for solving their pain problem. The price is reasonable about $40-50 per session.

If u r keen, can sent u the address..

Cheers,
Jane

Back