Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Wow, how big are your follicles? What's your dosage? I nv had so many.. Max is like 9? Sad..

As of day 7 of my stimms, their mesurements vary between 9-12mm. I was really disappointed when the nurse told me that my ET might be done the following month, depending on what the Doctor says.

I was given Gonal-F for 4 days, 112.5 dosage. Then i started on Orgalutran and Menopur (112.5 dosage).

I took Norethisterone on 28 Nov for 9 days. I was scheduled for Endo Scratching on 3 Dec. It is a very fast procedure but you need to have a really really full bladder. Mine was bursting and I had to hold it for 2 hours before the Doctor could see me. I even asked the nurse to let me pee a little bit hahaha. But i felt the scratching was a little painful.

Hi, mind sharing how is it done? Which part of the cycle should it be done?

Hi dear, I'm from kkh and was told to have the endo scratch 7 days before menses arrive. Quite tricky if you have irregular cycle lengths. Anyhow, my doc says within 7-14 days before menses arrive is considered OK. Hope this helps

About the lab Reno, prof said that if budget approved, the ivf lab will be closed from end march till June.. So cannot do any ivf during that time. I initially planned to do in apr, so now need to push forward.
There won't be any alternative labs

Hi Dreamscometrue,
Bring forward will mean latest feb menses start jabbing? Or u doing frozen?

I planned march start nor-e.. When told of reno, 1st instinct is to postpone, so forget ask prof what the latest to start if wan to do b4 reno..

Yeh I checked too..likely closure for renovation. Best just to plan around it..

I am doing FET in Jan..hoping it for some luck!

Happy Holidays everyone!!

Hi Dreamscometrue,
Bring forward will mean latest feb menses start jabbing? Or u doing frozen?

I planned march start nor-e.. When told of reno, 1st instinct is to postpone, so forget ask prof what the latest to start if wan to do b4 reno..
I'm doing frozen. Need to start taking meds in jan cycle

Hi dear, I'm from kkh and was told to have the endo scratch 7 days before menses arrive. Quite tricky if you have irregular cycle lengths. Anyhow, my doc says within 7-14 days before menses arrive is considered OK. Hope this helps
At nuh the prof says after menses then do lei.. And he say the evidence for endo scratching is even lower than accupunture

At nuh the prof says after menses then do lei.. And he say the evidence for endo scratching is even lower than accupunture

Endo scratch evidence even lower than acupuncture :oops: No wonder prof nvr mention when i asked wat else i can do to improve chance of success..
R u doing the scratch?

Hi ladies!

May I ask what is the instruction given by the CHR nurse after insertion of the Crinone gel?

I was told that we should empty the bladder first and try not to visit the toilet in an hour. Is it necessary?

Thanks!

Endo scratch evidence even lower than acupuncture :oops: No wonder prof nvr mention when i asked wat else i can do to improve chance of success..
R u doing the scratch?

I also asked him.. he said there is no solid research stating it gurantee success.. thus he does not advise on it..

Well after my failed fet, my review is on 30th.. all my cycles... everthing is good.. but no implantation.. so lets see what prof is saying..

I also asked him.. he said there is no solid research stating it gurantee success.. thus he does not advise on it..

Well after my failed fet, my review is on 30th.. all my cycles... everthing is good.. but no implantation.. so lets see what prof is saying..

Hugz.. Hope u r feeling better now..
So in the end, u din scratch for prev cycles?
How many cycles u been thru? All with prof?

Hi just finished my appt with Prof Wong, I was told to stop all my TCM meds from now though my jabs will most likely start only in early Jan. Did anyone continue with TCM meds throughout the IVF procedure?

Hi just finished my appt with Prof Wong, I was told to stop all my TCM meds from now though my jabs will most likely start only in early Jan. Did anyone continue with TCM meds throughout the IVF procedure?
Me..
Chr instructions was told to stop tcm when start nor-e..
But i bo chup, i see many ladies at my tcm (amk dr zou) also continue tcm meds throughout. Somemore i abit desperate, so try all means, so i juz continue with the med even after ET. That cycle ended up as a bio-chem preg. At least got implanted. Prev cycle nvr implant.

But u got to be comfortable, dun take already feel uneasy or scare..then even worse.. :)

Me..
Chr instructions was told to stop tcm when start nor-e..
But i bo chup, i see many ladies at my tcm (amk dr zou) also continue tcm meds throughout. Somemore i abit desperate, so try all means, so i juz continue with the med even after ET. That cycle ended up as a bio-chem preg. At least got implanted. Prev cycle nvr implant.

But u got to be comfortable, dun take already feel uneasy or scare..then even worse.. :)
Ok I think I will finish with whatever meds i have left now and stop :)

haha..when are you going for your 3rd fresh, after the reno? what did prof said for your post review?

Yup shld be after reno, May Jun timeframe..
He din said much..but my follicles simulated quite little, so end up always no frozen. He said up drug usage next cycle, hopefully can get more quality n quantity.

Ask u.. Is the protocol/drug used at kkh n sgh same? I presume prof gg to use gonal-f for u this round..

Yup shld be after reno, May Jun timeframe..
He din said much..but my follicles simulated quite little, so end up always no frozen. He said up drug usage next cycle, hopefully can get more quality n quantity.

Ask u.. Is the protocol/drug used at kkh n sgh same? I presume prof gg to use gonal-f for u this round..
seems like we have the same issue, i retrieved very few eggs my last round. I was given puregon at both kkh and sgh, prof is giving me gonal f, menopur and cetrotide this time. The CHR nurse says they don't use puregon and lucrin at nuh anymore so i guess mostly is on gonal f at nuh.

seems like we have the same issue, i retrieved very few eggs my last round. I was given puregon at both kkh and sgh, prof is giving me gonal f, menopur and cetrotide this time. The CHR nurse says they don't use puregon and lucrin at nuh anymore so i guess mostly is on gonal f at nuh.

I tried gonal f at kkh..response n result bad. So when prof wan to use gonal f on me, i told him i am scare cos of poor prev experience n prof gladly allowed me to switch to puregon. Response is relatively better..
Yah chr nurse said puregon mostly for iui. She surprised i asked to switch from gonal f to puregon.
Gonal f is stronger than puregon..

I tried gonal f at kkh..response n result bad. So when prof wan to use gonal f on me, i told him i am scare cos of poor prev experience n prof gladly allowed me to switch to puregon. Response is relatively better..
Yah chr nurse said puregon mostly for iui. She surprised i asked to switch from gonal f to puregon.
Gonal f is stronger than puregon..
I see maybe good idea to change meds..I didn't respond very well to Puregon past 2 cycles, last cycle only 6eggs retrieved and 2 fertilized. Hoping the new combination works better for me. Funny the nurse told me they don't use Puregon there anymore..

I see maybe good idea to change meds..I didn't respond very well to Puregon past 2 cycles, last cycle only 6eggs retrieved and 2 fertilized. Hoping the new combination works better for me. Funny the nurse told me they don't use Puregon there anymore..

Yeah.. New hosp, new protocol..so new luck .. Jiayou :)

Ladies, anyone on Menopur? Does it stings and burn when u inject it in?? Goodness it stings for me and I was wondering if it's common?! Cos I wasn't on Menopur when I did Ivf in 2012.

Hi sisters, anyone here with nuh did endo scratch and BFP?

Can share how is endo scratch done? When should it be done? Where is it done? Is it done by prof or by another dr?

Thanks

Chr nurse told me that tomorrow there will be 5 other ladies doing egg retrival besides myself. Anyone here going tomorrow?? All the best! And happy new year! :)

Hi everyone

We will be meeting Prof Wong for the 1st time next Wed & feeling nervous about the journey ahead. Im glad to find this forum & definitely feeling positive after reading all the reviews & personal stories. I discovered my new-found courage when im reading all your personal journey.. Thanks for sharing ladies..

All the best & hope Monkey year will bring everyone BFP! :)

Thanks @babyloveyou for sharing the info.

Im meeting Prof Wong tomorrow for our 1st consultation & if we want to go straight to IVF, can we still make it before the clinic close in end Mar? Based on my DH SA, we felt that IVF is probably our only option to consider...

Thanks @babyloveyou for sharing the info.

Im meeting Prof Wong tomorrow for our 1st consultation & if we want to go straight to IVF, can we still make it before the clinic close in end Mar? Based on my DH SA, we felt that IVF is probably our only option to consider...
Hi, it really depends on your cycle..as in when your AF starts and also whether Prof is doing long or short protocol for you. I was supposed to start my injections on the 10 Jan but I called to cancel as I was down with flu and nurse asked me to call when my feb AF is here..so maybe you are still in time to do before they close. Good luck with your appt tml :)

Hi, it really depends on your cycle..as in when your AF starts and also whether Prof is doing long or short protocol for you. I was supposed to start my injections on the 10 Jan but I called to cancel as I was down with flu and nurse asked me to call when my feb AF is here..so maybe you are still in time to do before they close. Good luck with your appt tml :)

Hi babyloveyou..
R u on long or short protocol?
U didnt start with nor-e?

Hi babyloveyou..
R u on long or short protocol?
U didnt start with nor-e?
Hi rac_bow I was going to start with short protocol and has taken duphaston but decided to postpone my IVF till after the reno now as I was sick and don't feel good doing my IVF so soon. Have u started yours?

Hi rac_bow I was going to start with short protocol and has taken duphaston but decided to postpone my IVF till after the reno now as I was sick and don't feel good doing my IVF so soon. Have u started yours?

Oh..
Take care n hope u recover soon..

Since reno is now confirmed, i will delay next cycle till after reno.. Menses quite haywire after the chem preg from nov cycle..so think body state no good.. Haiz..

Oh..
Take care n hope u recover soon..

Since reno is now confirmed, i will delay next cycle till after reno.. Menses quite haywire after the chem preg from nov cycle..so think body state no good.. Haiz..
Thanks :) Good to let your body rest for few months first. We might be cycle buddies then! CHR nurse asked me to call in May if I want to do in July.

Hi all, we finally met with Prof PC Wong yesterday! He recommend us to go for IUI first even though we told him we wanted IVF. Show him my DH SA report & although we are concerned about his 2% morph, but he say we need to do IUI first unless there is very strong reasons that IUI will not work. We also confirmed with Dr Wong that the lab will be close & he was surprised that we are well informed. I told him i got very "updated" news on the clinic on online forum. He was smiling pleasantly when i saw he is very popular..

Since the lab is going to be close, might as well go IUI first & see how. And we are lucky enough to do the scan & blood test on our 1st visit. Next Wed will be HSG which im pretty scared because there are mixed reaction to this. Some ppl say very very painful yet some feel min pain.. Our 1st review on treatment is supposed to be last week of Jan but because i will be away in US for work & CNY, we will only meet Dr Wong on 10 Feb instead.. He say he will review all the test & advise the next steps..

We felt so much better & positive after seeing Prof Wong even though the 1st bill is not cheap.. We paid $707 as private patient & we decided to pay all IUI bills from our own pocket.. Its better to standby the medisave for IVF in case we do need it...

Last edited:
Hi all, we finally met with Prof PC Wong yesterday! He recommend us to go for IUI first even though we told him we wanted IVF. Show him my DH SA report & although we are concerned about his 2% morph, but he say we need to do IUI first unless there is very strong reasons that IUI will not work. We also confirmed with Dr Wong that the lab will be close & he was surprised that we are well informed. I told him i got very "updated" news on the clinic on online forum. He was smiling pleasantly when i saw he is very popular..

Since the lab is going to be close, might as well go IUI first & see how. And we are lucky enough to do the scan & blood test on our 1st visit. Next Wed will be HSG which im pretty scared because there are mixed reaction to this. Some ppl say very very painful yet some feel min pain.. Our 1st review on treatment is supposed to be last week of Jan but because i will be away in US for work & CNY, we will only meet Dr Wong on 10 Feb instead.. He say he will review all the test & advise the next steps..

We felt so much better & positive after seeing Prof Wong even though the 1st bill is not cheap.. We paid $707 as private patent & we decided to pay all IUI bills from our own pocket.. Its better to standby the Mediasave for IVF in case we do need it...
That's great, IUI is less invasive than IVF. Hopefully this is it for u. As for HSG test, I think it depends on individual's threshold for pain..personally I felt it's bearable..it's like AF cramps and it's a 5mins procedure. Don't worry too much about it ya. :)

We felt so much better & positive after seeing Prof Wong even though the 1st bill is not cheap.. We paid $707 as private patent & we decided to pay all IUI bills from our own pocket.. Its better to standby the Mediasave for IVF in case we do need it...

hellokittygirl,

just wondering out of the $707, what is the break down for the consultation, scan (supposed prof did ur US on the spot?) and blood tests?
am thinking of changing doctors.
thank you

That's great, IUI is less invasive than IVF. Hopefully this is it for u. As for HSG test, I think it depends on individual's threshold for pain..personally I felt it's bearable..it's like AF cramps and it's a 5mins procedure. Don't worry too much about it ya. :)
Thanks!! i plan to take some painkillers just in case... Though i always say im scared of pain, but I can still endure..:) I'm now worried that I might have to postpone the HSG test on Wed because I thought my AF should come yesterday because of slight bleeding(sorry, TMI) after Dr Wong check. Anyway I will check with the clinic again once my AF come..

hellokittygirl,

just wondering out of the $707, what is the break down for the consultation, scan (supposed prof did ur US on the spot?) and blood tests?
am thinking of changing doctors.
thank you
Consultation $167
Laboratory (my blood test)
Pre conception screen II $167.99
Amenorrhea $107
Thyroid Screen 1 $42.80
Anti-Mullerian Hormone $34.24
Chlamydia trachomatis $69.55
Laboratory (DH Blood test)
Fertility Infectious Screen $119.80

Hope this help! :)