Prof PC Wong - IVF with Norethisterone

Hi hi. Yup, Prof said it's a positive. But need to do another blood test to see whether level gg up. If not it may be a chemical pregnancy, with implantation but no development. So hv to wait for Sat blood test again lor.
Fighting fighting! :)

Did he extend ur HL for you? Rest well ah

Btw, nurse put me in SITTING position and feed me my sumptuous snacks within 10 min from returning to ward.

Ok de hor? Or need to lay down like a Egypt mummy for hours?

Still in sitting position cos dunno how to manoeuvre the bed.:oops:

hey all,

"bad" news from me. I got only 1 mature egg and it din fertilise. Gotta start new cycle liao.

Can check wat is e bill like for anyone previously in my situation?

Oso if wanna see prof, tell them during clinic g appt is it?

Big hugzz....
I suppose ur bill will b the same as a fresh cycle w/o ET?...likely u will b looking at 7k+ to 8k+ depending on ur stim dosages..

Do u mean ur doc in charge is not Prof but u wanna consult Prof?or ur doc is Prof n u wanna noe when is the post review?

monkeychick, my dr is not prof. I'm subsidised patient so will see any dr on duty. But cos ivf oreidi pte rates, so wondering if I shd swap to see him for my last cycle.

monkeychick, my dr is not prof. I'm subsidised patient so will see any dr on duty. But cos ivf oreidi pte rates, so wondering if I shd swap to see him for my last cycle.

I see...then u can call women's clinic to book an appt with Prof...try to do it earlier coz his schedule very packed....the longer u delay, the further the time slot...I called in Apr n the earliest was Jun slot...

Also, check with nurse when Prof will b out of office...n see if u can accommodate his schedule...coz when Prof is not available, it will b backup doc...:)

Btw, nurse put me in SITTING position and feed me my sumptuous snacks within 10 min from returning to ward.

I think don't need to be like egypt mummy la! Hahaha! Now I have image of a person being wrapped up after ET :eek:

hey all,

"bad" news from me. I got only 1 mature egg and it din fertilise. Gotta start new cycle liao.

Comingchamp, prof see patient in clinic G?

It's okay one. They did the same to me. While enjoying the sandwich I think to myself but no one tell me I can eat right after. Prof only said can pass urine haha.
Just do everything in slow motion.

monkeychick, thanks so much for helping to ans my qn! so for u ladies under prof, u will get a review appt for sure after ER?
I think if you proceed with et right after prof will see you after et. Or else will be after er. He wants to make sure the ovaries are ok. Didn't mention about er until I ask.

Didn't see much. Just a gestatinal sac with egg yolk. Prof said everything looks normal. Now wait for another scan in 2 weeks time.
Good thing is prof cut down the support quite a bit. Can't imagine to insert the same amount of suppositories daily.

Yeah!...still need to poke pigu ya?

Hi hi. Yup, Prof said it's a positive. But need to do another blood test to see whether level gg up. If not it may be a chemical pregnancy, with implantation but no development. So hv to wait for Sat blood test again lor.

Let's jus hope for the best....fight on!!!!

hey all,

Hugs. Really can understand how you feeling now because I encountered the same situation recently too. Clinic said they counted my bills without ET is $10k+. So expensive. Can't wait to see Prof on my follow up next week and see what he going to say.
I don't know how different is the bills between private and subsidize patient but if doing it with Prof give you more confident and if the difference is not huge then just switch to him bah.

It's okay one. They did the same to me. While enjoying the sandwich I think to myself but no one tell me I can eat right after. Prof only said can pass urine haha.
Just do everything in slow motion.
After ET.. I was parked somewhere else first (felt like 10-15min), then transferred to ward 2A.. So the moment I reached the ward I went to toilet and the nurses were almost squealing at me for jumping off the bed

Then I told them prof said can go pee and I waited for a while liao hehe.. They quite cute la

hey all,

:(

Sorry can't answer your questions..

But I think like what monkeychick suggested, just call up the women's clinic and ask them directly now.. I think you don't have to wait till your review then you state your preference of switching docs

In the meantime.. Rest and condition your body for the next round! Hopefully our cycles would be close :)

veraine, thanks for e encouragement! yah, thinking to call now but like a bit too kanchiong. Cos am thinking to start again only next yr. if I wanna start stims next jan, I shd arrange to see prof in nov?

Hugs. Really can understand how you feeling now because I encountered the same situation recently too. Clinic said they counted my bills without ET is $10k+. So expensive. Can't wait to see Prof on my follow up next week and see what he going to say.
I don't know how different is the bills between private and subsidize patient but if doing it with Prof give you more confident and if the difference is not huge then just switch to him bah.

Wow!10k+!!!...is ur stim dosages high jus curious?($ _$)
Mine is $7k+ w/o ET...

After ET.. I was parked somewhere else first (felt like 10-15min), then transferred to ward 2A.. So the moment I reached the ward I went to toilet and the nurses were almost squealing at me for jumping off the bed

Then I told them prof said can go pee and I waited for a while liao hehe.. They quite cute la

Jumping off can b dangerous...n a hazard...to the nurses walking ard u....so they hav to squeal at u for the safety of....the pple ard u....lolzzz....lolzzzzz...

No la, jump off is dangerous,later u trip n fall how?but I can totally understand...I dived into the restroom after my ET..whoever stopped me then, I might slam on her/him...lol

Yea. And its the most painful jab I ever had. I thought after progesterone jab it will be a breeze for me. Everytime half way through I wish I can turn around and kick the nurse :p

Dun la...dangerous...needle still in pigu...at least let nurse remove syringe first then back kick...

Ah...now I understand y there r posters everywhere asking patients to respect the staffs...lol

Jumping off can b dangerous...n a hazard...to the nurses walking ard u....so they hav to squeal at u for the safety of....the pple ard u....lolzzz....lolzzzzz...

No la, jump off is dangerous,later u trip n fall how?but I can totally understand...I dived into the restroom after my ET..whoever stopped me then, I might slam on her/him...lol
I thought I very gentle with my actions liao leh

But my default mode is quite chor lor so hard to say hahahaha

but u must take note that once u are a private patient, u cant change to subsidize rates. so when u get pregnant, u'll still need to go thru private route. I wanted to swap too when i failed my fresh but then i figured no point to swap as i trust the docs in NUH. If the doctors has any doubts, they'll still look for prof. so for me it doesnt matter.

but u must take note that once u are a private patient, u cant change to subsidize rates. so when u get pregnant, u'll still need to go thru private route. I wanted to swap too when i failed my fresh but then i figured no point to swap as i trust the docs in NUH. If the doctors has any doubts, they'll still look for prof. so for me it doesnt matter.

aarlysa, e next cycle will be e last for me so I dun mind not being able to revert back. As for gynae, I actually have plans to go back to my previous gynae if I get bfp and once everything stablilises. So I guess paying pte rates for gynae oso no issue bah?

aarlysa, e next cycle will be e last for me so I dun mind not being able to revert back. As for gynae, I actually have plans to go back to my previous gynae if I get bfp and once everything stablilises. So I guess paying pte rates for gynae oso no issue bah?
Ah, understood. Then u shd call quickly & ask about prof's availability. Good luck! :)

For me, I got 5 follicles, then 3 matured and 2 fertilized. Now, pray hard the 2 can continue to sat..

I opt to transfer one embryo earlier, is it ok if I change my mind now to transfer 2 huh? My ET is on this sat and too bad, comingchamp cannot join me anymore

my dream, wat meds were u on? So when u seeing prof again? If like tis oso $10k, very xiong! I was hoping it'll be max $9k.
My medicine include NorE, Elonva, Orgalutran, Menopur, and the trigger jab (can't remember what it call). Ya, agreed that it is very xiong but my reserve is damn low or super low so need higher dose. Heartaching but luckily got the gov-co funding and the rest by medisave at the moment. Next Monday is my appointment with Prof. I actually asked CHR to try to arrange me to see prof soon and was glad that they managed to squeeze me in. My friend told me usually it take long to have a review with the doctor after failed cycle. Have you call the clinic to book appointment with Prof yet?

my dream, not yet leh! Will call tomolo. Mine is e highest dosage liao, though not using elonva tis cycle. Wonder how much my bills will come to...

Wow!10k+!!!...is ur stim dosages high jus curious?($ _$)
Mine is $7k+ w/o ET...
I think my dosages should be highest because I got very low reserve. Sob sob...
The first time I met Prof, he didn't suggest any other option except asking are you ready for IVF.
I was like wow when I read on how much you paid for each cycle. You are one of the lucky one that doesn't need high dose to stimulate. Hope you stay lucky and get success in your FET! Have you started your FET already?

For me, I got 5 follicles, then 3 matured and 2 fertilized. Now, pray hard the 2 can continue to sat..

I opt to transfer one embryo earlier, is it ok if I change my mind now to transfer 2 huh? My ET is on this sat and too bad, comingchamp cannot join me anymore
Yes, you can change to transfer 2.

You need to call CHR and let them know. And you need to go sign document to effect the change before your ET.

All the best. 加油!

I think my dosages should be highest because I got very low reserve. Sob sob...
The first time I met Prof, he didn't suggest any other option except asking are you ready for IVF.
I was like wow when I read on how much you paid for each cycle. You are one of the lucky one that doesn't need high dose to stimulate. Hope you stay lucky and get success in your FET! Have you started your FET already?
Talking about reserve, I have high reserve, AMH is 21.2. Don't know why only retrieved 6 eggs and 3 mature only. Must ask the doctor if I doing another fresh (touchwood). I was expecting a higher number :(

Talking about reserve, I have high reserve, AMH is 21.2. Don't know why only retrieved 6 eggs and 3 mature only. Must ask the doctor if I doing another fresh (touchwood). I was expecting a higher number :(
Mine's 33.7 heh ... retrieved 7 and only 3 mature also, and only 1 made it for ET ...

but I think that's the prob with high AMH? We prob would over-react on the stims ... I had 13 follicles initially and went up to 19 halfway through ... so had to lower the dosage of stims

Back