Pregnant with Pre-existing diabetes

simiko

Hi

I am not sure if I am the only one but I cant seems to find a thread on this. I just tested positive this morning. I found out I have diabetes 2-3mths ago. So now I am kinda scare of what is to come. This is my 3rd pregnancy and I hope bb will make it well. The 1st time bb did not make it and I have a son from 2nd pregnancy. Any mummies here has pre existing diabetes and have successful pregnancies? I need some support and guidance.

Hi, I think you should be seeing a gynae asap and start early. Maybe u could call ur previous gynae and inform them of ur situation so they could advise u accordingly? Take care of urself Ya.

Hi simiko, I have a fren who have family history of diabetes, so when she is pregnant, she have to inject herself n have a strict diet but she still give birth to 2 lovely boys....so I think it's best to seek gynae opinion.

Hi rainie... Thanks. I have gestation diabetes when I had my boy... but after gave birth no more... but having pre existing is kinda dif Coz high.sugar level in early pregnancy is bad for bb.. So Vvv worried... hope Tue faster come..

Hi Simiko, I also have gestational diabetes for both pregnancies. Were you on insulin jabs for your previous preg? Not to worry so much, diabetes is quite manageable during preg cos we can use insulin. It's just a matter of adjusting the dosage of insulin. However, I had pre eclampsia for my second preg. I was told diabetes can lead to High BP also. So, you have to monitor your bp as well. BP is more difficult to manage than diabetes. So relax and dun be too stressed!

Hi Simiko, I also have gestational diabetes for both pregnancies. Were you on insulin jabs for your previous preg? Not to worry so much, diabetes is quite manageable during preg cos we can use insulin. It's just a matter of adjusting the dosage of insulin. However, I had pre eclampsia for my second preg. I was told diabetes can lead to High BP also. So, you have to monitor your bp as well. BP is more difficult to manage than diabetes. So relax and dun be too stressed!

I had gestational diabetics too. Started my insulin jab from 2 months pregnant onwards.

Was quite sad but after that come to think abt it, if i didnt have it, i prob will eat alot of junk food which is not good for baby.

Everything will be fine!

Gestation diabetes n pre existing is Vvv dif... gestation will only occur around the middle of the pregnancy... pre existing happens even b4 the pregnancy started.. at the early stage where bb organs are forming diabetes already exist So this is y pre existing diabetes pregnancy is consider high risk pregnancy Coz any bad control of sugar level can affect the development of the bb at vvvv early stage...

have you started your insulin? I think for your case, u may have to start insulin earlier. your diabetes is more of glucose intolerance or more of diabetes 2?

ok. not to worry. insulin will help to manage the sugar level quite well. Just control your diet a bit. cut down on sugared drinks, eat small portion but many meals a day. I have breakfast, teabreak(if wake up late, no teabreak), lunch, teabreak, dinner, supper (I usu drink milo - only 2 scoops of the milo powder and nothing else)

oat is actually quite gd cos it makes u full and can help reduce sugar also.

Its a torture to go on a strict low carbo diet but for the sake of the little one, have to endure. JIa You!

Weird how different dietician says different things. Just seen dietician yesterday and she said 2tbsp of milo powder is considered one exchange of carbo. And it's OK to have it with control. Maybe different level of gdm

Back