Pelvic Pain/SPD during pregnancy

Has anyone here got SPD during pregnancy? What were your symptoms and how did you cope with it?
Hi I'm having this now. It is so bad that I cannot get in and out of bed by myself. I feel totally invalid and am so scared that I won't be able to have a vaginal birth or that having one will damage the pelvic area further and I won't be able to recover after delivery. May I know whether you have delivered already and how did it go?

Hi I'm having this now. It is so bad that I cannot get in and out of bed by myself. I feel totally invalid and am so scared that I won't be able to have a vaginal birth or that having one will damage the pelvic area further and I won't be able to recover after delivery. May I know whether you have delivered already and how did it go?

Hi, I have delivered already through normal delivery. I felt exactly the same as you but my gynae kept insisting it’s normal pain and part of pregnancy. I bought a maternity support belt to help with the pain. The pain actually reduced significantly sometime after my 30th week and I almost forgot about it. I don’t know if it’s related to the pain but I could hardly walk more than 5-7 mins each time even after week 30 and would look for some place to sit. Take care and hope it gets better for you as well!

Although SPD is common during pregnancy, there are exercise movements to help alleviate the discomforts as well as movements to avoid to prevent aggravating the pain further.

Strengthening of the pelvic floor muscles as well as the gluteal muscles (buttock muscles) will be efficient in managing the process of SPD, pregnancy as well as postpartum recovery. Not forgetting the CORE muscles that are working at its max during pregnancy to carry the baby.

Hope that both of you have eased into the next phase and doing well.

Cheers,
Loretta

www.mummiesinfitness.com
Instagram: @mummiesinfitness

Back