November 2017 Mummies

Does anyone have frequent headaches too?
I get headache like almost everyday two weeks back and now, it's once in two or three days. Really terrible. Plus the nausea feeling, it's taking a toll on my body literally.

I get headache like almost everyday two weeks back and now, it's once in two or three days. Really terrible. Plus the nausea feeling, it's taking a toll on my body literally.

Are you dehydrated? Plain water makes me sick. Now I could only stomach 1/4 of a cup every hour, otherwise my nausea will be full-blown. I tried adding hot water to sliced ginger, I felt better for 2 days, then maybe too heaty I got sore throat. First trimester is v depressing...

I experience lots of smelly fart though :p especially at night right before I sleep, in the bedroom. Poor hb. :D

Haha same here! Like a big farting machine, but its usually only at night. :p Doesnt happen when im out and about. Same w the frequent peeing! Wonder if is it cause at night bedroom too cold. :/

I got sudden headache yst and i read that is common pregnancy symptom. I went to do a face mask n it got better after awhile. Trying to avoid taking med if i can bear the pain.

Are you dehydrated? Plain water makes me sick. Now I could only stomach 1/4 of a cup every hour, otherwise my nausea will be full-blown. I tried adding hot water to sliced ginger, I felt better for 2 days, then maybe too heaty I got sore throat. First trimester is v depressing...
I agree plain water cannot drink too much at a time. Nausea.

Hihi anyone has sent their placenta to make into pills before? Heard fr friend that it is very good for women's body esp after birth.. didn't try for my 1st baby, but thought of trying for no. 2

I had severe headache ( can't function at all) during week 7 for a few days, recovered.. now at week 9 coming 10, the headache is back.. been three days, but I'm trying not to take any painkillers although doctor assure me these medicine are safe for pregnancy. Putting on lots of different ointment, peppermint oil to make myself feel better.
I also try to force myself to drink more water. :(

Hi all,

I am new here :)
Am currently week 7 now, going for my first appt tomorrow at Thomson Medical @ Tampines under Dr Wong Heng Fok.
Anybody with him too?

Hi I m new here! M in my 6weeks+, but my edd is on 23/11. I m having vry mild cramping (as I used to have menses pain so this pain is still acceptable for me). But I was surprised when all my colleagues told me tat none of them had this symptom during their pregnancies. While I can even feel the contraction when I cough/sneeze...is it a common symptom? I went to gynae on last Saturday and told my gynae tat I got pinkish on last Friday, he gv me duphaston for two weeks and the spotting stopped after I took the duphaston. Am worried and dunno when is the time for me to visit gynae for the cramping/spotting again..:(

Last edited:
Just threw up alot for the first time after horrible waves of nausea the past 2 days. Always thought i was lucky to have avoided ms, happy too early T.T i felt my stomach squeezing up when i threw up, will it affect the bb?
Been having stomachache and going for big business alot (4 times tdy!?) also. Is this normal?? How are yall managing w all this at work? Cannot imagine how to cope till end of first tri :(

Just threw up alot for the first time after horrible waves of nausea the past 2 days. Always thought i was lucky to have avoided ms, happy too early T.T i felt my stomach squeezing up when i threw up, will it affect the bb?
Been having stomachache and going for big business alot (4 times tdy!?) also. Is this normal?? How are yall managing w all this at work? Cannot imagine how to cope till end of first tri :(

r u having diarrhoea? cos your symptoms why like food poisoning ... u may wan to check with ur gynae just to b sure

Reading all these messages when I'm incredibly nauseated is certainly heartening to know that I am not alone. Every time a bout of nausea hits me I chant "I'm not alone I'm not alone I'm not alone" Let's get through this together

I had severe headache ( can't function at all) during week 7 for a few days, recovered.. now at week 9 coming 10, the headache is back.. been three days, but I'm trying not to take any painkillers although doctor assure me these medicine are safe for pregnancy. Putting on lots of different ointment, peppermint oil to make myself feel better.
I also try to force myself to drink more water. :(

i'm not nov2017 mum but would like to share my experience with you. i had pretty bad migraine for almost 2 months in my second tri.
yes you can take panadol. don't worry. just take the normal type and not the extra coz that has caffeine in it.
tiger balm was my fav at that time.
the other thing that made me feel better was coffee. one cup a day is also fine.
hang in there. it will go away eventually.

r u having diarrhoea? cos your symptoms why like food poisoning ... u may wan to check with ur gynae just to b sure
Not diarrhea, more like loose stools (sorry tmi). Not a lot each time tho._. Doc say might be multivitamin too heaty, but not sure if its a good idea to stop the supplement? Have yall started taking multivitamin in the first tri as well?

Not diarrhea, more like loose stools (sorry tmi). Not a lot each time tho._. Doc say might be multivitamin too heaty, but not sure if its a good idea to stop the supplement? Have yall started taking multivitamin in the first tri as well?

My gynae told me there's no need to in the first tri and if need be, start during 2nd tri

nope i'm just on folic acid and the hormone pills. it's good to stop if it's not prescribed by dr to ask u eat for now

Reading all these messages when I'm incredibly nauseated is certainly heartening to know that I am not alone. Every time a bout of nausea hits me I chant "I'm not alone I'm not alone I'm not alone" Let's get through this together

Agree, but the problem is all the expectant ladies around me seems to breeze through their pregnancy. I have a colleague who just gave birth, she looks so good throughout her pregnancy, while I look like a mess...

I don't see or hear anybody gagging or hurling in the office, or in public area, I feel like I'm the only one. OMG, I'm also allergic to my colleague's perfume. He sits besides me and a whiff of him would trigger bouts of gagging... And I could not tell anyone cos first trimester not over yet...

Agree, but the problem is all the expectant ladies around me seems to breeze through their pregnancy. I have a colleague who just gave birth, she looks so good throughout her pregnancy, while I look like a mess...

I don't see or hear anybody gagging or hurling in the office, or in public area, I feel like I'm the only one. OMG, I'm also allergic to my colleague's perfume. He sits besides me and a whiff of him would trigger bouts of gagging... And I could not tell anyone cos first trimester not over yet...
I dun like the perfume smell around me in office too...maybe can wear mask if really unbearable?

You're definitely not the only one! My sense of smell is very much heightened and the bus ride to and fro work is miserable. Keep sucking on sweets it will help. I have this little green tea balm that I sniff when it gets unbearable and it helps. You can get it from golden mile.
73dd0c6ea471a0b27d88bf429061c0c8.jpeg

You're definitely not the only one! My sense of smell is very much heightened and the bus ride to and fro work is miserable. Keep sucking on sweets it will help. I have this little green tea balm that I sniff when it gets unbearable and it helps. You can get it from golden mile.

Oyar, I've been thinking of buying sour lollipop, but always forgot. Peppermint smell is definitely recommended, now I'm relying on kwan loong medicated oil. My hubby told me to buy Vicks because in the past, embalmers put Vicks under their nose to ward off the smell :/

I went for scan today (should be 7 wk) but doc could only see a sac...ask me to go back 2 weeks later for another scan...is this a norm?

Hi I m new here! M in my 6weeks+, but my edd is on 23/11. I m having vry mild cramping (as I used to have menses pain so this pain is still acceptable for me). But I was surprised when all my colleagues told me tat none of them had this symptom during their pregnancies. While I can even feel the contraction when I cough/sneeze...is it a common symptom? I went to gynae on last Saturday and told my gynae tat I got pinkish on last Friday, he gv me duphaston for two weeks and the spotting stopped after I took the duphaston. Am worried and dunno when is the time for me to visit gynae for the cramping/spotting again..:(

I have mild cramps at the early weeks too. They will slowly go away. If they increase in frequency or intensity, might want to give a call to your gynae.

I get loose stools + constipation haha. Gynae tells me to avoid dairy and soy bean products.

I'm taking only folic acid for now.

I get loose stools + constipation haha. Gynae tells me to avoid dairy and soy bean products.

I'm taking only folic acid for now.

Same plus all the bloating and gas T.T But im craving curry and spicy food all the time, thn got coconut milk all that :( makes everything worse! My current motivation is just thinking abt finally seeing baby in Nov HAHA everyday counting down :D

I see, i will stop the other supplements and just take folate for now! Thanks!!

I went for scan today (should be 7 wk) but doc could only see a sac...ask me to go back 2 weeks later for another scan...is this a norm?

Same as me. My period is irregular and I havent been keeping track on my cycle. I thought it was week 7/8 but it was just week 6. Likewise there is only a sac. Did you do a tummy or vaginal scan? Vaginal scan should be able to see the baby. I am going for the next scan next Monday. Hopefully I could see the lil bugger who has been making me feel like shit these days. Hah.

Same plus all the bloating and gas T.T But im craving curry and spicy food all the time, thn got coconut milk all that :( makes everything worse! My current motivation is just thinking abt finally seeing baby in Nov HAHA everyday counting down :D

I see, i will stop the other supplements and just take folate for now! Thanks!!

Hahaha I have cravings for spicy food too.

Hi all, I'm currently in my 8th week of my first pregnancy and had my first visit to the gynae last week! EDD for my baby is 20th November 2017 :). Nice to meet all mummies-to-be here!

Same as me. My period is irregular and I havent been keeping track on my cycle. I thought it was week 7/8 but it was just week 6. Likewise there is only a sac. Did you do a tummy or vaginal scan? Vaginal scan should be able to see the baby. I am going for the next scan next Monday. Hopefully I could see the lil bugger who has been making me feel like shit these days. Hah.
My period is always irregular too...conceived thru ivf...i did v scan...

Hi mummies, I'm 9.5weeks today and my EDD is on 11 November 2017. Wondering is there any whatsapp group created yet? If so, can add me in? TIA :)

Does anyone have dizzy spell? I almost fainted earlier on my way to work man! :( can see the black spots in my eyes when I was on the train..took a sweet in the train (though not supposed to) but the dizziness didn't go away.. not sure if it's due to me walking up the flight of stairs at the train station earlier. Broke out in cold sweat and I immediately alighted the next station n quickly took a seat! Luckily it went away and I felt much better after sitting down.. Can't wait for the 1st trim to be over... hope 2nd tri will be much better than now! :(

Does anyone have dizzy spell? I almost fainted earlier on my way to work man! :( can see the black spots in my eyes when I was on the train..took a sweet in the train (though not supposed to) but the dizziness didn't go away.. not sure if it's due to me walking up the flight of stairs at the train station earlier. Broke out in cold sweat and I immediately alighted the next station n quickly took a seat! Luckily it went away and I felt much better after sitting down.. Can't wait for the 1st trim to be over... hope 2nd tri will be much better than now! :(
Me! It started a few days back. I am feeling light headed all the time. And sometimes when I bend down, my head spins like mad.

Back