Need help urgently on breastfeeding!

mylittlesunshineA

Hi all mummies,

I'm a new mum to a 2 weeks old baby girl and I'm currently breastfeeding her but why does she cries everytime I thought she's done and fell asleep? I'm starting to get worried whether will she be filled or is she not getting enough milk. For the first few days I was exclusively pumping for her and I get about 150ml both sides every 4 hours and I get engorgement. But ever since I started breastfeeding, I don't get engorgement and after her feeding sessions, I pumped to get about 60ml from both sides. Does it mean she's getting the milk or is it my milk production has decrease? Really appreciate much help as during my stay at the hospital, she was too small (2.1kg) and the nurse said not to try beyond 5mins on breastfeeding as she might get tired due to her small frame. So I'm all on my own now. :(

Hi mylittlesunshineA,

Since u can pump out 150ml of milk every 4hours I feel it shouldn't have problem of your girl cries of not enough milk.
Sometime babies love "comfort suck", they will turn our nipples as pacifier.
If you are worry, u can try out bottle her and see how it's goes.
Example bottle 60ml for every 3hrs then see did she cries after that and ask for milk?
If she cried and u try bottle her again and she cried. Once u latch and she kept quiet, most likely she wants is comfort suck.
U can research more online. Hope its helps.

Please try medela test (most expensive one), works on me. And lo drink from both source with no big issue

Back