My gynae rubbed my clit and inserted his finger(s) in & out of me with speed - I feel violated

Cyst

I had a large cyst near my ovary which was recommended for removal and I went to a gynae who was recommended by my friend due to his experience.
He's a professor at a govt hospital with many years of experience and certainly knows his stuff well. I was impressed by his knowledge and trusted him to operate on me.
Everything went very well until I went for the post-surgery follow-up when he checked my wounds. He then told me that he needs to check the wound inside of me. He wore his gloves and then rubbed lub on my vagina which I guess is normal. But in the process he rubbed my clit together with my vagina. Many times. I don't know if it might be accidental - I just felt very uncomfortable.
And then he placed his finger into me, to check the wound inside, he said. I was expecting him to put his finger in to press and feel my insides. Instead he moved his finger in and out of me with speed, again, many times, for what I suppose might be 5mins. He was looking at my face when he did that.
I laid there feeling very confused and suspicious. I didn't know what to say nor how to react to that when i'm in such a compromising position. His nurse was in the room but standing closer to my head and had her back to me all the while.
How can he feel anything inside with these rapid movements? While doing it he told me to tell him if I feel uncomfortable. I couldn't talk and I don't know what to.
Has anyone on this forum gone through a cyst removal surgery and post-surgery follow-up? How did your doctor check on you? Are his actions normal; do you encounter the same thing? Has anyone gone through the same suspicions while undergoing checks by a professor at a govt hospital? I do not want to name him here at this point, but if anyone can share experiences, please do. If you know of any gynae (NOT gynaes from govt hospitals), can you please help me ask your gynae if this is normal?

I have 3cm chocolate cyst remove at my left ovary (laparoscopy). When I go for my post surgery review. My gynea only check my tummy wound to see if I have heal. He did not check under me at all. I am from govt hospital.

Normally if it's a male gynae, they will get their female nurse to assist, so as to ensure that there are no such issues of "violation".
For your case, is there a female nurse assist who will oversee the checks done?

I was reading this just before writing this post. There ought not to be vast difference of procedures between a western and asian country despite different school of thoughts.
http://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/g/gynaecological-laparoscopy

I do not think I am over-speculating...you ought to report this professor to the medical board/authorities. I believe he has committed a breach of trust between doctor-patient. The female nurse ought to be standing next to him iso of looking at you:(

im sorry for your bad experience. i think it is definitely NOT NORMAL. i had a laparoscopy done too due to etopic pregnancy. when i went for my post op check up, the doc only check the wound if they are recovering well. definitely did not insert his finger into me.

i think you should report it before it is too late. the only time the doc insert something in me is during HSG / vaginal scan.

I'm in medical myself and it's definitely not normal. I hope you've reported him to the authorities! We don't insert our fingers in and out. Reinsertion is no no. It's definitely wrong! Ewww! I hope you can let us know which doctor it is!

I had an 18cm ovarian cyst on my left ovary removed by Prof Yam Kwai Lan (KKH) in 2003 & laser done to remove precancer cells in 2004 followed up checks every 6months until 2012.
A lap to remove fallopian tube and detach left ovary from large intestine by Dr Foong Yoke Fai (NUH) last year but was checked by both Prof PC Wong & Dr Foong after the surgery.

All check up never involved inserting finger into the vagina. Even with vaginal ultrasound, a probe is used and like a gadget was inserted to keep the vaginal open while he scan the cervix (like a mouth guard to open the mouth permanently while doing dental procedures). Also included in pressing of tummy that's about all.

But in the process he rubbed my clit together with my vagina. Many times. I don't know if it might be accidental - I just felt very uncomfortable.
And then he placed his finger into me, to check the wound inside, he said. I was expecting him to put his finger in to press and feel my insides. Instead he moved his finger in and out of me with speed, again, many times, for what I suppose might be 5mins. He was looking at my face when he did that.
When I see this words "Instead he moved his finger in and out of me with speed, again, many times, for what I suppose might be 5mins. He was looking at my face when he did that.", makes my blood boils.

敢敢去报警。投诉。Put in the newspaper.
Let the police and medical council handle.

老师支持你。

All check up never involved inserting finger into the vagina. Even with vaginal ultrasound, a probe is used and like a gadget was inserted to keep the vaginal open while he scan the cervix (like a mouth guard to open the mouth permanently while doing dental procedures). Also included in pressing of tummy that's about all.
29348.jpg

I think this is the equipment.​

oh dear! that's terrible!

Can't imagine a professional gynae will do that?

You do have to report about it.

Oh dear... I had a male gynae for my 1st baby. Although there were checks, his female nurse was next to him facing us all the time and he explained every step and purpose.

Your experience definitely doesn't sound normal to me.

Your experience sounds abnormal to me. The only time a gynae actually put his fingers into my virginal was to measure how many cm dilated I am at the clinic cause I was having early contraction. Other than that, I find it abnormal. I think if he need to move in and out of your virginal in this way, he should have explain it first clearly to u and ask for permission.

Do report him. If really unsure, just visit a female gynae for opinion. No harm doing that.

Report the man.
Someone who behaves in this manner, will do so again and again and again.
And the more times he does it, and no one reports him, the bolder he will get.
Even if he is not caught this time, because no one has dared to say anything before, and its only your word against his, by you making a report now, there will be a record somehow somewhere and the next person who makes the same report will be more likely to be believed.
If it was indeed part of medical procedure, you are not doing him any harm. But if it was not, by reporting, you are helping and hopefully preventing another woman or innocent young girl from being abused by someone who is in a position of trust.

Oh that sounds scary. Mind to tell which hospital and what's his name? Pm me if you prefer.
I ask cos my gynae is at government hospital and a professor too!!

Just read this, so chiming in.

More women will be victims if you keep quiet and withhold his name and not report. Please do the right thing. Hope you reported.

Back