Muslim Mums 2015

Amin Amin Amin! Thanks ;)

Can ask if anyone experiencing abdominal cramps and having discharge during early pregnancy ?

Amin Amin Amin! Thanks ;)

Can ask if anyone experiencing abdominal cramps and having discharge during early pregnancy ?

I pretty much had discharge my entire pregnancy. Just as long as no blood

the cramps is mostly cos ur uterus is stretching to make room for the little one! So dont worry ya! And first trimester mesti backache cos i think our body getting used to the growing..

There was one time i had severe cramps in my right side sampai tak boleh jalan..went to o&g 24 hours. sekali jt was the muscles stretching. Whew. Haha.

but i read up, if early preg and got cramps need to be very careful as well. seram! and my discharge colour is yellow. so now kept drinking lots of air masak (to kinda 'flush' the discharge away) lol.

this friday i'm seeing my gynae ;) hopefully can see lil one! Insya Allah!

Oh by the way do this group have FB group or WA group?

I saw some of the august baby mummies already start researching n booking for confinement lady... when must we start booking if my edd is in aug 2015

Salams everyone,

I am 34 weeks pregnant with twins. I have been seeing gynae at raffles and KKH. But now I am going to change to another gynae. The raffles one was good but her charges for delivery are too high. She has set me up with a private suite gynae at KKH in case of pre-term delivery cos NICU costs at raffles would be too high. My appointments and scans alternate between raffles and KKH. The two doctors are good friends so they tie up to help me this way. I had two scares during this pregnancy. First was when I felt some dull pain in the abdomen at 29 weeks. The second was when I had some bleeding at 30 weeks. Both times I rushed to KKH O&G. Was warded two days for the first one and 4 days for the second one. Given steroid as well in case of pre-term labour during the second one. But alhamdulillah, babies were not ready to come out. Both times when warded, even though took A class, my KKH gynae didn't even come to see me. So I don't want to deliver at KKH. I went gynae shopping at other private hospitals in gleneagles and Thomson and have decided that I want the Thomson gynae to deliver. But I have asked her to deliver at mount e novena hospital cos I like the look and smell of the hospital. Have u ever been there? Feels like a hotel lobby rather than hospital lobby. So this gynae can deliver there. Now just counting down the days.

Salam! Have u checked with your current gynae if she delivers at your chosen hospital? Also have u considered if the hospital you have chosen have the medical capabilities to care for your multiples should there be any issues? Also the costs involved at the nicu for private hospitals are very expensive. How about u changing to a better gynae at kkh that will assure u of his/her presence during delivery?

Salam! Have u checked with your current gynae if she delivers at your chosen hospital? Also have u considered if the hospital you have chosen have the medical capabilities to care for your multiples should there be any issues? Also the costs involved at the nicu for private hospitals are very expensive. How about u changing to a better gynae at kkh that will assure u of his/her presence during delivery?

My current gynae at raffles only deliver at raffles. That's why if I want a different Pte hospital, I have to change gynae. Mount E Novena does have its own NICU too. But hopefully the babies will not need it because the docs said once I pass 35 weeks, it's more or less safe already for the babies. Inshallah. I like dr June tan, the current gynae I was assigned to in KKH but it's just KKH policy that they will rotate doctors and any doctor on duty will come to see me, not necessarily her. I don't want that.

My current gynae at raffles only deliver at raffles. That's why if I want a different Pte hospital, I have to change gynae. Mount E Novena does have its own NICU too. But hopefully the babies will not need it because the docs said once I pass 35 weeks, it's more or less safe already for the babies. Inshallah. I like dr June tan, the current gynae I was assigned to in KKH but it's just KKH policy that they will rotate doctors and any doctor on duty will come to see me, not necessarily her. I don't want that.

Why don't you switch to the private scheme under KKH? You'll be able to have Dr June Tan as your personal gynae then.

I saw some of the august baby mummies already start researching n booking for confinement lady... when must we start booking if my edd is in aug 2015
Hi crystalizwan, my edd is in feb, i booked early nov. Actually if u think ur edd month is quite popular u may booked earlier. And it really depends if ur confinement lady is those highly recommended ones anot..

I believe if u opt for the premier package your gynae will certainly attend your delivery. U might want to check that out?

Questions for experienced mummies out there..

Do you go through Oscar or Harmony test? Or any other tests? Tests are mainly for Down Syndrome screening and Fetal abnormality scan.
I'm still weighing my options whether or not to take any of these tests since I'm in my late 30s.

Pros
Early detection will better prepare ourselves - Physically or Emotionally I think..

Cons
Waste $$ - Regardless the outcome, we decided to keep our baby
Emotional stress - Stressed mummy will affect baby's health too

Do let me know your thoughts on this.

I am under the private scheme. Dr June tan is from the private suite in KKH. I paid $3000+ just for being warded 4 days of observation in KKH.

This observation was delivery or...just admission due to pregnancy related matters ya?

Do you go through Oscar or Harmony test? Or any other tests? Tests are mainly for Down Syndrome screening and Fetal abnormality scan.
I'm still weighing my options whether or not to take any of these tests since I'm in my late 30s.

Pros
Early detection will better prepare ourselves - Physically or Emotionally I think..

Cons

my gynae honestly told me that she highly dont recommend unless we have family history of down syndrome in the family or beyond 30 years old.

Since you are in late thrities i think its worth taking the test. Like you said it will prepare yourselves emotionally and mentally. Afterall pregnancy itself can be stressful so better to have a peace of mind. In shaa Allah all will be fine too.

Pros

Cons

This is my first baby as well. both my husband and I decided against the tests as we will accept the baby no matter what state the baby is. Rather than put us thru the stress thinking about it the remaining of our pregnancy term.

I am 37 this year and I know the risk is higher for our age group. But tawakal aja lah. Down syndrome or not, I would still want to be a mother craddling my baby in my arms, insya Allah.

Just my 2cents.

Thanks sfnaz and nazriah for your input.
Frankly now is not the best time to make major decisions for me cos I can't even think properly at times! Even hubby notice I'm not as alert as I used to be. I told him that's because now blood flow more in my uterus than my brain! Anybody feeling the same? Hehe.. Maybe it's just me..

Thanks sfnaz and nazriah for your input.
Frankly now is not the best time to make major decisions for me cos I can't even think properly at times! Even hubby notice I'm not as alert as I used to be. I told him that's because now blood flow more in my uterus than my brain! Anybody feeling the same? Hehe.. Maybe it's just me..

Its the pregnancy brain syndrome setting in. Hehe. It will get worse i tell u. I have superb memory but my hubby says now dah macam goldfish memory. Haha. Its okay cos we r nurturing the growth of a baby inside us.

Anyway, whatever decision you make...juz follow your instincts ya!

Jus finish doing all the washing n hanging laundry ...

Then my tummy hurts so badly tat i was breathing in n out n now i m resting on my bed ... luckily no bleeding or anything jus piercing pain on my lower tummy ...

I think i jus wanna strictly bed rest for today ...

Its the pregnancy brain syndrome setting in. Hehe. It will get worse i tell u. I have superb memory but my hubby says now dah macam goldfish memory. Haha. Its okay cos we r nurturing the growth of a baby inside us.

Anyway, whatever decision you make...juz follow your instincts ya!

Thanks sfnaz!

At 10 weeks now I'm already so muddle headed, can't imagine in the next few weeks or months! :D

Assalamualaikum mummies..I'm on 10 weeks now...any info to share? where to shop for maternity pants etc? this is my 4th pregnancy. My girl is 6 yrs old already so macam da lost gitu..hehe..

Hi mummies and mummies to be,
I was just approached by a fellow mummy at at Suntec Baby fair. She is a was sharing with me about SG50 baby campaign.
It can be found here: http://www.greateasternlife.com/sg/en/sg50/baby/index.jsp?=MTE3MDE3Ng
She was showing me pictures of cute lion booties and baby accessories she got for free by signing her child up in the link she shared with me.
I thought I should share the good news/ freebies with more mummies. Cant wait to receive mine. :)

Assalamualaikum mummies..I'm on 10 weeks now...any info to share? where to shop for maternity pants etc? this is my 4th pregnancy. My girl is 6 yrs old already so macam da lost gitu..hehe..

I didnt invest in maternity clothes cos they are overpriced and the designs doesnt match my style. Haha. So i just stocked up on the usual elastic band pants/skirts and then later on stuck to dresses from mid 2nd trimester. I just bought normal clothes like a size bigger. Cheaper also and more variety.

But if u really want spring maternity have some nice ones.

Jus finish doing all the washing n hanging laundry ...

Then my tummy hurts so badly tat i was breathing in n out n now i m resting on my bed ... luckily no bleeding or anything jus piercing pain on my lower tummy ...

I think i jus wanna strictly bed rest for today ...

Oh dear how far along r u? Take it easy ok! I am still doing laundry up till now at 39 weeks. i just really take my time. Haha.

Waalaikumsalam. I bought my pants online. Q0010. Bought a few dresses from spring maternity and tights too. Expensive but comfortable

Salam Mummies, am experiencing bleeding and cramps as well. And to add on, my hcg level doesnt rise that much. Either impending miscarriage or etopic pregnancy. Gynae cfm its not etopic. But he says the chance of bb to survive is 50 50 due to the slow rising hcg level. I can only pray to Him for kebaikan of both bb and myself. If bb not meant to be mine,what can I do?

I was given jab and pills and 1 wk bedrest. having bedrest makes me more restless. Currently as of now, no cramps. But there's still bleeding. so everytime go toilet hv to change pantyliner. Kinda scared and worried. tapi I redha.. sesungguhnya ini ujian dariNya.. But i really hoped to hv success pregnancy journey. I really hoped and prayed. Amin.

Salam Mummies, am experiencing bleeding and cramps as well. And to add on, my hcg level doesnt rise that much. Either impending miscarriage or etopic pregnancy. Gynae cfm its not etopic. But he says the chance of bb to survive is 50 50 due to the slow rising hcg level. I can only pray to Him for kebaikan of both bb and myself. If bb not meant to be mine,what can I do?

I was given jab and pills and 1 wk bedrest. having bedrest makes me more restless. Currently as of now, no cramps. But there's still bleeding. so everytime go toilet hv to change pantyliner. Kinda scared and worried. tapi I redha.. sesungguhnya ini ujian dariNya.. But i really hoped to hv success pregnancy journey. I really hoped and prayed. Amin.

Hugs. Stay positive for the baby okay! In shaa Allah all will be fine. Hearing that the cramps have subsided thats a good sign. And the fact that its not ectopic is also good.

Just to share i lost my first at 8 weeks..with bleeding and severe cramps..the cramps got worse by the day. Apparently the sac aje yang ada. No fetal pole growing so it was non viable. At that point i just tawakkal and prayed to Allah for the best.

Will keep u in my prayers dear..i have heard of many stories that mummy continue to have successful pregnancy despite the bleeding. So stay positive!!

Sad to hear that...hope nothing serious...as for my case I'm bleeding n cramp too on my 5 weeks...I was informed by doc its a threaten misscariage..and was given 2 weeks bed rest...before I met up my gynae, I went to kk n was given 2 days mc...and aft 2 days..I'm bleeding so much, rest n it didn't help much..went for scan n bb sound healthy previously but after 2 weeks the bb heartbeat stop...that was at 7 weeks pregnancy..I'm bleeding,my stomach cramps and I'm having high fever...so doc gave me a medicine so the fetus will come out slowly (misscariage)...I know it was not meant for me so I redha..the miscariage happens on my 3th pregnancy after second pregnancy failure too due to ectopic pregnancy...i just pray and hope u will take care of yourself...pray n pray don't lose hope n if this pregnancy not meant for u..redha n sabar...in sha Allah...Allah will pay back with sweetest one for u...

Can i ask u guys buy n prep newborn items at week wat... when should we start buying or do we jus buy every month so tat by time we labour no need to rush isit

Can i ask u guys buy n prep newborn items at week wat... when should we start buying or do we jus buy every month so tat by time we labour no need to rush isit

I think the best is to buy when u already know the gender and take advantage of the babyfairs. I angkut all my main big loots (pram/tub/cot) at baby fair. And some small items too like clothes, bibs and many many more. Cos save duit lah since tengah sale kan. But kalau tak sempat beli all at babyfair tis ok also, gradually shop from time to time when ternampak good deals. Like u said every month also ok. Aim to get some things settled every month. :)

I prepped my newborn items as in the washing and sorting when i was in 32weeks. Cos takut nanti dah tak larat nak cuci and all cos i handwashed my newborn clothes.

I think the best is to buy when u already know the gender and take advantage of the babyfairs. I angkut all my main big loots (pram/tub/cot) at baby fair. And some small items too like clothes, bibs and many many more. Cos save duit lah since tengah sale kan. But kalau tak sempat beli all at babyfair tis ok also, gradually shop from time to time when ternampak good deals. Like u said every month also ok. Aim to get some things settled every month. :)

I prepped my newborn items as in the washing and sorting when i was in 32weeks. Cos takut nanti dah tak larat nak cuci and all cos i handwashed my newborn clothes.

O ok.. noted with thanks ;)

Im in week 36 now. I blm beli lagi sey barang baby. Theres 2 sets of baby clothes ppl give. How many sets of diapers did you all stock up on? And my mum told me later after giving birth i have to wear "maternity diaper".anyone knows where to get them? And where? Is it the "madame" brand?

Im in week 36 now. I blm beli lagi sey barang baby. Theres 2 sets of baby clothes ppl give. How many sets of diapers did you all stock up on? And my mum told me later after giving birth i have to wear "maternity diaper".anyone knows where to get them? And where? Is it the "madame" brand?

Alamak I havent buy maternity pad. Im counting on the hospital to give. They give right? Omg. Haha im going in for induction this coming week if i dont go to natural labour.

Baju i just buy baju basahan, the white ones nb set. Tapi takut tak muat cos my baby quite big now.

For diapers i beli like one box. Rather have more than less.

Normally I heard hospital will provide one packets of pads. And I read somewhere that normal pads will do. Just get the longer ones or the overnight ones. Better buy a couple of packs as one packet from the hospital will not be enough.

Salam semua...i am at 23 weeks and alrdy slowly buyin items to prepare for baby arrival..i think its up to individual...as for me i get little by little when there are gd offers so i dont have to spend so much at one time..have to budget..

As for maternity pads i think so far i only saw 2 brands...one by kotex..the other madame..am planning to get both to try...

As for diapers, i am afraid to stock up too much coz i wouldnt know how big my baby would be and what size he needs...as my hosp will provide a pack of diapers...i would get my husband to buy the size the hosp provide after baby born...

Overall planning to get most stuffs done by 30 weeks just in case...

Salam semua...i am at 23 weeks and alrdy slowly buyin items to prepare for baby arrival..i think its up to individual...as for me i get little by little when there are gd offers so i dont have to spend so much at one time..have to budget..

As for maternity pads i think so far i only saw 2 brands...one by kotex..the other madame..am planning to get both to try...

As for diapers, i am afraid to stock up too much coz i wouldnt know how big my baby would be and what size he needs...as my hosp will provide a pack of diapers...i would get my husband to buy the size the hosp provide after baby born...

Overall planning to get most stuffs done by 30 weeks just in case...

The madame brand pads where to get ya? Anyone knows?

Thanks all. Will go and look for it there.
I think apart from that, I will also start buying baby pillow, bolsters, and maybe mattress, mittens, socks...? Baby diapers i have a pack for newborn... I dont think im stocking up anymore. Mum say baby cepat besar... I also donno how big baby is... :/

Other than all that probably wait until i deliver... :/ mum is very pantang.. Everytg also "later ask ur hubby to buy!! Dont stress urself out!" but im ald stressing because it feels like im not prepared. Sobs!

@sfnaz, ure gonna be induce?! Wow, itsgonna happen soon for you then! All the best ya! Hope youll have a safe and smooth delivery :) nanti kalau senang update2 us here ok :)

Thanks all. Will go and look for it there.
I think apart from that, I will also start buying baby pillow, bolsters, and maybe mattress, mittens, socks...? Baby diapers i have a pack for newborn... I dont think im stocking up anymore. Mum say baby cepat besar... I also donno how big baby is... :/

Other than all that probably wait until i deliver... :/ mum is very pantang.. Everytg also "later ask ur hubby to buy!! Dont stress urself out!" but im ald stressing because it feels like im not prepared. Sobs!

@sfnaz, ure gonna be induce?! Wow, itsgonna happen soon for you then! All the best ya! Hope youll have a safe and smooth delivery :) nanti kalau senang update2 us here ok :)

I think in terms of baby preparation we will never surely get to buy it all. Mesti ada tertinggal. But nevermind slowly but surely.

Ya inducing coz my baby is growing big and my gynae worried that i cant push him out. 3.5kg already at 39 weeks. Haha.

In shaa Allah will update. Thanks for the doa! Im a ftm so macam anxious and nervous.

You ladies enjoy the journey of pregnancy ya. Im already emo looking at my tummy moving moving sometimes. Gonna miss it all!

I have stocked up on Sofy brand 42cm pads.

Wahhhh there's 42 cm? So far I ever saw the longest is 37cm. And I thot that was long enough. Shall look for it soon. Need to get new supply of panties as well to fit the long pads. Hehhehhe

Pregnancy makes me no interest in food during first trimester... even favorite food oso is not appealing to me ... sian to max ....n i lost 3kg despite ny tummy ballooning up... dun noe good or bad.... anyone facing this during pregnancy

Pregnancy makes me no interest in food during first trimester... even favorite food oso is not appealing to me ... sian to max ....n i lost 3kg despite ny tummy ballooning up... dun noe good or bad.... anyone facing this during pregnancy

I didnt lose weight but i had that similar no appetite. Like everything tasted blearh. Kalau boleh juz alas perut with biskut from time to time and try to eat all ur 3 meals. U need the nutrients for baby! :)

Its normal to lose weight during the first trimester. I lost abt 3-4kg despite not vomiting. I survived on bread mainly then. Literally force myself to eat no matter I don't have appetite. Eat lesser but frequently. I remember having to eat every 2hrs. If lambat sikit, cfm mabuk. Drink milk if possible. At least the baby get some nutrients.

Hopefully your appetite will come back soon.

Dear sister all, im 5 weeks pregnant, just to clarify, im craving badly for kuih tart, is it ok to consume?

Hi sis, i think at ur stage best to hold it off first. But if u really want stick to not more than 2 piece a day or so? This is just my personal opinion...

Back