Muslim Mums 2015

salam sis...sorry so slow to respond..dun really check the forum everyday..anyways yes dr aziz clinic is in kembangan and he delivers at parkway east hosp..

juz went for my 34weeks check up and was charge $87 for consultation, scan and some acid reflux meds..

his delivery fee for natural delivery is $2500 ke $2800...haha..i gotta check again..i paid the deposit alrdy so i forgot..

in terms of consultation it is pay per visit...he does not have any package whatsoever..

Hi..i went thru a 4th c-sect last feb..and now, i'm pregnant again at 7wks..
I didnt hv any complications during my 4th c-sect, Alhamdulillah..juz dat u will b classed under high risk pregnancy and e medical staff will pay more attention to u if u come in with any abdominal complaint...
Brave mummy!! Well going soon for my 4th c-sect in May. A bit nervous though. Last c-sect was done 4 years back .

Brave mummy!! Well going soon for my 4th c-sect in May. A bit nervous though. Last c-sect was done 4 years back .
Haha..i had a fren who went thru c-sect 6 times! I'm also kinda nervous with my current pregnancy coz dis will b my 5th c-sect..but in shaa Allah,just praying for the best..and i will pray for u too! Amin...

MasyaAllah sister.... I teared when I read your post. Recalled how I lost my full term baby boy at 3.25kg last August. He was so chubby & perfect. Allah took him away from me, but I'm sure for a better reason. InsyaAllah.
Wanted to change gynae to Dr Aziz now after my lost. Tho I had a decade of history with Dr Sidek, I'm phobic of going around the same path. Any review on Dr Aziz?

Haha..i had a fren who went thru c-sect 6 times! I'm also kinda nervous with my current pregnancy coz dis will b my 5th c-sect..but in shaa Allah,just praying for the best..and i will pray for u too! Amin...
Wow..5th and more. Which hospital you will deliver your baby?

Over at KKH , do they allow you to BF your newborn at the OT or recovering ward?
Nope..at e OT they will let u kiss the bb den that will be it..u will only meet e bb after u r out frm the recovery ward..dats e saddest part..do u have any side effects from spinal anaethestics?

Nope..at e OT they will let u kiss the bb den that will be it..u will only meet e bb after u r out frm the recovery ward..dats e saddest part..do u have any side effects from spinal anaethestics?
Coming soon in May , will be my 4th csect . I do not achieved to bf my bb..for the first 3 csect so wanna achieve my goal this time. Recomended once bb born within 1 hour must latch . But for csect once mother been pushed to ward , by d time bb are so deep sleep after few hours apart frm mother.

Side effect for epidural , yes must watch out yr back . Dont carry pram with bb on it or carry heavy things . We can sprained our back easily if wrong posture , esp when taking out / put in bb in a car . Happen to me few times but luckily not so serius .

Salam mummies,
Finally decided to join this forum. I'm a first time mummy2B and EDD is on 22 Sep 2015.

Currently under NUH subsidized... but thinking of going to their private suite soon. Any NUH gynae recommendation? TIA.

Assalamualaikum !!!!

I'm here again!

Tested positive at Gynae clinic last sat. Took HCG test. The results came out within few hrs, mentioned abt 300 miu/ml. So cfm pregnant lah kan. I'm anxious but am staying to feel positive. Next sat visit Gyn.

Salam mummies!
Been looking around for a support group for preggy mums to be. I'm a first time mum to be and currently 9 weeks pregnant.
I'm down with endometriosis cyst and had a laparoscopy surgery done last year.
Am hoping to hear from mummies who have experience being pregnant and having cysts at the same time..

Fizzy

Assalamualaikum !!!!

I'm here again!

Tested positive at Gynae clinic last sat. Took HCG test. The results came out within few hrs, mentioned abt 300 miu/ml. So cfm pregnant lah kan. I'm anxious but am staying to feel positive. Next sat visit Gyn.

Waalaikumsalam. Syukur Alhamdulillah! 1st tri best time to sleep and rest a whole lot! Cuz thats basically what I did... badan satu macam punya malas. Hehe.

labour day (holidays) coming .. plan to fly krabi or phuket. lucky belum buy airtixs. so now thinking where to go for short trip during hols season. any recommendations on short trips, driving up maybe...

Assalamualaikum,
I'm new here. Would like to know how's the gynae package like at KKH now? My 1st child gynae has left. Am thinking to get Dr Susanna fr KKH.
Pls do share.
TIA

Assalamualaikum,
I'm new here. Would like to know how's the gynae package like at KKH now? My 1st child gynae has left. Am thinking to get Dr Susanna fr KKH.
Pls do share.
TIA

Hi there if im not wrong KKh doesnt do package. Dr Suzanna was my gyane while i was under KKH Private. I paid per consultation. Without any fancy scans or tests its ard $80+ per consultation fees. Max i kena $120. I see her every month. Towards the end was every 2 weeks and then weekly. If she feels not necessary to see her too frequent she cancels ur appointment. Which i feel is good cos u wont waste money also.

Salam mummies,
Finally decided to join this forum. I'm a first time mummy2B and EDD is on 22 Sep 2015.

Currently under NUH subsidized... but thinking of going to their private suite soon. Any NUH gynae recommendation? TIA.
Salam.
I'm seeing dr Su Li Lin from NUH women's clinic. Very nice and patient lady.

Salam mummies,

Salam sis, how was ur experience in nuh? Under subsidise rate? Every visit same doc or they will just pick any random?

Salam sis, how was ur experience in nuh? Under subsidise rate? Every visit same doc or they will just pick any random?

Wsalam, waiting time for me usually not more than 2hours. Sometimes I prolly be done with my appointment in less than an hour. I really like the nurses there... very friendly, personable and knowledgeable too. Yes every doc is different for every visit... just one thing I not quite comfortable with is there's FT docs... tend to give you textbook answers la

Hi ladies, any of you have experience in breastfeeding pumps. I'm planning to BF my baby, inshaa Allah but currently very confused with all the brands out there.

There's freemie, spectra, medela etc some mummies even use different brand parts for their pumps (I is confused). I'm looking for a double pump and preferably soundless... if you have any links to share pls let me know.... thank you so much in advance.

For breastpump, I started with manual pump first. And it was only bought a day after I was discharge from the hospital.
This is due to reading and hearing lots of stories abt mothers who bought breastpump but in the end no milk hence not using the breastpump.

there are Avent, madela, spectra. These are the main player for breastpump I suppose. Another brand to look into is unimom forte. It was said to be hospital grade.

personally, I bought unimom manual pump, and I am comfortable with it. And now, 3 weeks after discharged, I just bought unimom electric double pump from qoo10 for abt $120. Having some promo I think. I decided to stick with unimom as I read the comparison among the electric pumps, unimom's pump does not have milk flowing in to the motor parts compared to madela swing. So there wont be any leftover milk stored in the pump hence more hygienic. Have yet to try as just place the order last night.

There are a lot of comparison made between madela and spectra on the net. Google it.

Wsalam, waiting time for me usually not more than 2hours. Sometimes I prolly be done with my appointment in less than an hour. I really like the nurses there... very friendly, personable and knowledgeable too. Yes every doc is different for every visit... just one thing I not quite comfortable with is there's FT docs... tend to give you textbook answers la

But sis cannot request for same doc eh? Coz kkh can, cume i tk suk sana cuz 1st experience quite bad sey

Hi ladies, any of you have experience in breastfeeding pumps. I'm planning to BF my baby, inshaa Allah but currently very confused with all the brands out there.

There's freemie, spectra, medela etc some mummies even use different brand parts for their pumps (I is confused). I'm looking for a double pump and preferably soundless... if you have any links to share pls let me know.... thank you so much in advance.

For me im using pigeon brand, manual. Also bought only after discharge. Reason bcos my breasts during the first week esp senang engorge and my mak bidan told me kalau tak pump boleh demam tetek. Lols. So ya told hubby to bought. Dint really have time to consider the rest of the brands bcos quite ex...and my mak bidan mentioned pigeon. So... Haha

But sis cannot request for same doc eh? Coz kkh can, cume i tk suk sana cuz 1st experience quite bad sey
Same doc can.but they will charge u unsubsidized rates. If dont have scanning i just cancelled my monthly checkup last time. So i will go there once in two months. Itu pon sometimes still have to endure kurang ajar nye doc or nurse. Terpaksela go aje for checkup on baby..

Medela freestyle or pisa as well as spectra m1 or 9+ is quite the popular choice for breastpump. For me i prefer spectra as it is easy to use. And wash the parts. Kalau boleh carik pump yang senang to wash. And its portable so i am not stuck at a powerpoint area while pumping.

For freemie its an additional set/tool for a handsfree pumping experience. Highly recommended if u wanna do work while pumping or pump at ur workplace someday. U can surf the net at babybest website to find good bundle deals of freemie + a choice of ur breastpump.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for your replies ladies.

Also, can I know how much should I put aside $$$ for detailed scan at NUH. I'm currently a subsidized patient. Tia!

Ladies! Someone told me the rotavirus injection is made from pig's gene or smth. Were you all aware?
Yup read it on Fb.. Apparently the source of info is from Australia.. U guys can check it out more info.. Compulsory ke tk, I'd rather not get my child have genes ba alif ba ya dlm body system dia.. Allah nye vaccine insya Allah lg mujarab dari human-made nye

Thanks for your replies ladies.

Also, can I know how much should I put aside $$$ for detailed scan at NUH. I'm currently a subsidized patient. Tia!
For me usual check up with scan 100 plus.. Without, is 50 plus.. Depends on what other things they need u to go for.. Like hubby went for the blood test to check for low blood thingie, kene charge a bit more..

I don't quite understand abt subsidized patient or no.. Is it gov subsidize or other subsidiary? Cuz I tot kalau citizens auto dpt subsidized rate? Mine is with gov subsidized...

For me usual check up with scan 100 plus.. Without, is 50 plus.. Depends on what other things they need u to go for.. Like hubby went for the blood test to check for low blood thingie, kene charge a bit more..

I don't quite understand abt subsidized patient or no.. Is it gov subsidize or other subsidiary? Cuz I tot kalau citizens auto dpt subsidized rate? Mine is with gov subsidized...

Yep yep it'll be auto subsidized if you go to govt hospitals. Anyway, I went for my detailed scan at 19week... cost me $75. Im having a boy! :)

Alhamdulillah good for u! I'm still waiting for my turn for gender scan in June hehe..

Which hosp are you at? Inshaa Allah all goes well for you this June. I talked to my baby the night before the scan hehehe... told baby to be cooperative with the sonagrapher, Alhamdulillah managed to do all the scan body checks within less than an hour.

Salam everyone...i scanned last sat on 12 weeks preg and doc told me there's a fibroid in my womb...anyone experince with this kind of situation before?if its grow,will i gv birth to premature baby? I just pray nothing serious and hope dis coming preganancy will go on smoothly..

Hiya I'm new to the forum and saw your post... My gynae suspected too that I had a fibroid and during detailed scan it was confirmed... Abt 4cm big now. What the folks at Thomson told me is that if u do want to remove will have to be post pregnancy, and sometimes during pregnancy itself it tends to grow bigger because of hormones. Also, if still in child bearing years (eg until 35-40) there's a tendency for the fibroid to come back again after removal... There are women who live with the fibroids even because no pain n no effects on the body. What the gynae recommended was to monitor after pregnancy as it's not affecting the womb growth so not harmful to baby. Maybe can ask your gynae more qns, Insya-Allah everything will go smoothly. :)

Hi ladies, may I know if any of u have Malay confinement lady during confinement? I need one to stay with me in the day to help out.. pls pls pls share with me if u have.. thank

salams all
I am new here..3rd preggy - unexpected. coz wanted to stop at 2. my two kids are age 8 and 6. I have mixed feelings...late 30s.. first two preggies macam2 cubaan.. first is premature baby. second is normal thank God.

Last edited:
Salam mummies,

My EDD is on 22 Aug 2015.
I am also planning for NUH private and my gynae is Dr Mehesh Choolani.
You can google him under Choolani Clinic.

Last edited:
Hi ladies, may I know if any of u have Malay confinement lady during confinement? I need one to stay with me in the day to help out.. pls pls pls share with me if u have.. thank
Hi waka, not that I heard of... speaking of confinement... I found this lady that supply halal confinement food on Facebook. Her name is Sizzling Dyana. Thinking of enquiring with her cuz I tak nak hassle my MIL.

Hi ladies, I've been sourcing for post-natal makcik urut this week. Any of yall heard of Cik Rokiah: 914433zero5. I got her contact from another forum. If yes.. kindly provide review. Her package is below:
Utk 5 hari 1 set jamu + benkong $300
Utk 7 hari 1 set jamu + benkong + urut bayi 2 hari $420.

Is the pricing OK? What else should be included? I'm a FTM and kinda sorting the post-natal thingy by myself.

ImageUploadedByForum1430997841.335743.jpg

Just Sharing my Urut lady package.

Hi ladies, I've been sourcing for post-natal makcik urut this week. Any of yall heard of Cik Rokiah: 914433zero5. I got her contact from another forum. If yes.. kindly provide review. Her package is below:
Utk 5 hari 1 set jamu + benkong $300
Utk 7 hari 1 set jamu + benkong + urut bayi 2 hari $420.

Is the pricing OK? What else should be included? I'm a FTM and kinda sorting the post-natal thingy by myself.

Her pricing looks reasonable.
Buy never try her service.
Saw her advertise in another forum a lot too.

Hi waka, not that I heard of... speaking of confinement... I found this lady that supply halal confinement food on Facebook. Her name is Sizzling Dyana. Thinking of enquiring with her cuz I tak nak hassle my MIL.
I alrdy booked her for 10days of confinement food..if i like her confinement food i might extend to 20days..hehe

I heard her food is good...i tried her mangkuk tingkat n it is good..not sure abt the confinement food though..

Waiting for my baby to pop anytime soon...will update u guys abt the food :)

salam all ..

how was ur experience so far ?
Here is my story .

Rant level 1001 .

during my 6mths going 7mths was the saddest period of my life . I lost a mum during my pregnancy . She was really excited for my newborn babyboy but Allah loves her more. I lost a place to mengadu n share all my happiness . My EDD was 4th april 2015 but due to water bag level keep dropping, i have to go through ermergency C sect on the 5th of march. Baby was born at 35 weeks . I was in the hospital for a week . Longest stay ever. i really wish tht arwah mum is here to witness all this . :(

Last edited:

Hi All

I went for the detailed scan yesterday @ NUH (i am 22 weeks 1 day) and found out from the Sonographer that my baby brain fluid is more than the usual range. It is about 1.01cm?
Safe range should be 1cm and below or something. I was not paying so much attention to what she said as my mind went blank at that moment.

She added that i will need to meet with the Professor and had him check on this matter. Hence, a few hours later i went for another Ultrasound @ Kent Ridge Wing [Fetal Clinic]. The Professor was telling me that this is quite mild and that it might go away throughout the rest of my pregnancy or it could be worst. Therefore, he had also recommended me to go for;

1) Toxo Test
2) Down Syndrome Test

Anyone here is in the same situation or had previously experience this before? Please share your experience. Really need other mommy's advise here.

I hope my baby is ok. :(

Back