Mums with kids in maha bodhi

hi shirley n lay mui,

mine P3. me a SAHM as well.
happy.gif

Hi Fun Wong, how long have you been a SAHM? I quit my job when my son started P2. P1 is the year when I struggled with work and trying to coach him in his school work. Sad to say,I am still struggling now trying to make him "smarter". By the way, do you have any recommendation for English enrichment programme and Chinese Enrichment programme?

Hi lay mui and fun wong,

i just turned sahm this yr feb. then my family went to states for 6 mths. now we are back, i sent my p4 to tien xia for his chinese. so far, didnt see any big improvements yet. sigh...

where u gals putting up? hope mbs shifts back to ubi soon.

Hi shirley
the current temporary location is better for me as I send my son to school via public bus. How do you find the course at tien xia? Which center did you send your kid and how long have your kid been with them? Actually, I am considering tien xia as 1 possible center to enrol my son. His P3 result is terrible.

Hi lay mui,

u mean u send yr son by bus to sch everyday? not tiring meh? why dont take sch bus?

just done abt 5-6 lessons at katong mall tien xia. think the lessons so so only. the teachers are quite lenient with praises and marks. e.g. my son's reading not so good but when he did it in class, the teacher gave him 9/10. i was very surprised.

which other centres u looking at? my p1 boy used to go berries at kembangan. i find it good. u may want to find out more from them.

hi mummies,

a SAHM since 2000. lay mui, just like u also struggling
sad.gif

prefer the current location as well coz nearer to home. my girl takes sch bus think must b very tiring to send yr son to sch daily.

Hi all,
I find school bus less flexible, anyway the bus journey to the current location only take around 5 mins (exclude waiting time). I went to tien xia to view their worksheet today, but I think I prefer Molin (they cover more).

hi mbs mummies,

i have a boy in p1 & another in k1.

shirley - which class is your boy in? not sure if my boy and your boy are classmates...mine in 1 care.

hi hi, my gal also in maha bodhi. this yr p2.
i have another boy 8mths old. currently my gal is still taking school bus...

Hi mummies,

My kids are also in MBS (P1 and P2 in 2009).

They have been attending Molin since kindergarden. Particularly for my girl, I think Molin helped her to consistently maintain her CL results. Meanwhile for my son (P1), with works at Molin, he appeared to ease into P1 fairly easily. Though he is not the type who is studious,etc...

For english, we are putting them at British council this year. I am hoping to see some improvement in written expression. Any good learning tips from experienced mums?

Hi Shirley, mine is taking bus 1.
how is yr gal's CA result? mne din do well in all her subjects

hi MBS mummies,

I believe you should be aware of the recent change of school uniform supplier from Shanghai (Chiang)to Shirley.

For your info, Shanghai (Chiang) is now clearing their balanced stock. Buy any 2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 PE shorts or 2 pinafore and get 30% off. A Good deal not to be missed.

I just went down to stock up some shirts & pants -paid $28 instead of $40. Sizes available as at noon time today:-
boys pants: 20, 21, 26, 28 & above
boys shirts: 12 & above (comes in half size)
girls pinafore: 26, 27, 36 & 38
girls pe shorts: 20-23,28 & 34 above

They are located at People's Park Centre #B1-27 (the building directly opposite chinatown point)Call 65350505 to check desired size availability and reserve before going down to avoid disappointment.

They only open:-

Thu - Sat: 12noon to 6pm
Sun & PH: 12noon to 3pm
Closed on Mon - Wed

Sorry just to share as we got the new uniform from shirley.

The new design PE t-shirt quality is better than the old. Same as PE shorts. It's elastic and definitely more comfortable.

Back