MOMMIES TO BE 2015 (EXPECTING TWINS)

Lambi, luckily you were warded in hospital and not at home when all that happens. It's over now, take good care of yourself and rest well! Hope baby boy can be discharged soon. :)
Yes!! I was alrady feeling a tad unsure already so I asked my gynae who approved me of warded to be sure as I also live in tampines and NUH is not at all near..

@Lambi congrats! Glad you & the twins are ok.
How many weeks were you then? How many days were you in the hospital?
Thanks! I was 35w+5d, I was warded from Sat to Friday12PM discharged so 6 days..

Lambi,i tear reading ur story. Lucky everything goes well. Till now i still dunno whether im hving contraction or not. Quite worried also. U end up as subsidised patient? Ur bill is very low. Hope didi will catch up on his weight and can b discharged soon. Have a good rest and happy mooing :)
If you unsure better go ward in or ask ur gynae for advice..when is your scheduled c-sect? for me it all happened so fast..if I never ward in, Who knows? I might have even ended up delivering my bbs in a taxi! :eek: Yes ended up as subsidized but still my gyane followed up with me the day after(a PH) and next following day as well and I was under a team of professors/consultants and MO everyday to check on us patients in ward C...in other words we are not forgotten :) and that is a good thing. And even though as a sub patient, the doc who delivered my bbs was a consultant, and with 2 paediatricians and much more helpers in the OT. And even though in wad C we are in the same ward as b wards-i.e 4 bedded..so I think better to take class C if ur hb not accompanying you overnight :)

I just had my csect confirmed on 16th but will b under replacement gynae, as my gynae will b away for conference for a week . Im under private hosp so no choice of ward for me. How's bbs now?

@ ellesie, wow so excited for u in your delivery soon... Enjoy whatever you can now as when the twins come it will be handful even though with helper or confinement lady.. a lot of time spend on feeding & changing their diapers are enough to drive u busy and times like tt flies extreme fast too...

@ ellesie, wow so excited for u in your delivery soon... Enjoy whatever you can now as when the twins come it will be handful even though with helper or confinement lady.. a lot of time spend on feeding & changing their diapers are enough to drive u busy and times like tt flies extreme fast too...
@puppy2006: im still so not ready. Haha. Final liao. Really cant believe it myself. Yes, i bet lots of things will keep us occupied. Now i keep hving bh, so cant really enjoy also n not able to eat much. The tummy is running out of space.

@ ellesie, so u will be 37 weeks when u delivered ur bbs... Remember to get the abdominal binder which is helpful after ur c-sec... By 2nd day I already walking around and 3rd day, dr FY asked a binder for me after removing the gauze... Think dr FY stitching skill very gd cos when I start walking on day 2, there's really no pain and I also didn't take any painkiller at all except day 1... Think the abdominal binder will be cheaper if u get it outside than in hospital...

I just had my csect confirmed on 16th but will b under replacement gynae, as my gynae will b away for conference for a week . Im under private hosp so no choice of ward for me. How's bbs now?
Good good! At least the date is confirmed. Mine's on 22nd June, about 1 week after yours. Babies are 37 weeks then. Just did my 35 week scan today, boy is 2.38kg and girl is 2.48kg. Hope the continue to grow for the next 2 weeks.
My gynae says I will be on LA . Epidural, not full GA.

Good good! At least the date is confirmed. Mine's on 22nd June, about 1 week after yours. Babies are 37 weeks then. Just did my 35 week scan today, boy is 2.38kg and girl is 2.48kg. Hope the continue to grow for the next 2 weeks.
Good weight. They confirm will continue to grow. I still hvnt packed my bag and feels so much thing not yet done. Haha. Very soon we will meet our bundles of joy. Jia you

@ ellesie, so u will be 37 weeks when u delivered ur bbs... Remember to get the abdominal binder which is helpful after ur c-sec... By 2nd day I already walking around and 3rd day, dr FY asked a binder for me after removing the gauze... Think dr FY stitching skill very gd cos when I start walking on day 2, there's really no pain and I also didn't take any painkiller at all except day 1... Think the abdominal binder will be cheaper if u get it outside than in hospital...
I will b 36+5 then. Im under replacement gynae, dr cathryn chan, not sure how is her skill. I try to google but not much info on her. I hope she's as good as dr fong. Can get e binder from outside? How it looks like? U mind showing me e pic?thx a lot

@ ellesie, the binder I got frm mt A is as attached
ImageUploadedByForum1433995843.931949.jpg

Dr Cathryn Chan is the woman gynae juz next door to dr FY's clinic one???

Thanks , puppy2006& oohlahlah. Will see where can i get it outside. Yes, dr cathryn chan is one of the astra group doc which is e next door clinic n i think she has another clinic at Hougang.

im week 20! hoping to deliver at mount E if possible, if too early then KKH.
Mine is 343g and 357g at week 20+5days but gained 7kg already. Not sure is it because of the daily milk intake :(

my gynae said anytime before week 33, I will have to go govt hospital and I guess I will go KKH too. But hopefully babies can stay well inside my tummy and deliver in TMC instead. :)

Good weight! :)

just to share..

My twin 2 good weight too at 2.4kg but still need nicu cos of low blood sugar..so stayed for abt 4days there..must be mentally/financiallt prepared:):)

just to share..

My twin 2 good weight too at 2.4kg but still need nicu cos of low blood sugar..so stayed for abt 4days there..must be mentally/financiallt prepared:):)
Hi,lambi. How would they know e bb is low blood sugar? They will do test on e bb? How are u coping now? Bb boy still in hosp? Feeling the jittery for e coming Tuesday. Still feeling not ready yet. Haha.

Hi,lambi. How would they know e bb is low blood sugar? They will do test on e bb? How are u coping now? Bb boy still in hosp? Feeling the jittery for e coming Tuesday. Still feeling not ready yet. Haha.
Ellesie
Good luck and all the best!
Packed your hospital bag? I'm packing mine now.

just to share..

Yes yes... My friends baby's lungs were not fully developed so also need nicu. So can only keeps fingers crossed!

How's the baby boy?

The bbs will be tested right after birth(thru bloodtests to find out their blood group too)and if they are found to be not normal range hospital will advice you the necessary steps to take..im still a tad pain sometimes on my wound but coping ok..just that lack of sleep and breast pain lol cos of every 3hrs pumping milk:) yes he is still there..dunno when come back..hopefully before fullmth..can be together with his sister:) all the best for this coming tues!

Yes yes... My friends baby's lungs were not fully developed so also need nicu. So can only keeps fingers crossed!

How's the baby boy?
He is still there..must wait till he come off drip first now is 3.8..hv to reach 0..last week was 4.something

just to share..

Thanks for the info!! Don't know if I should reconsider going to govt hospital instead. Even if it is beyond week 35. Cannot imagine the cost of nicu for both. Will be so broke... :(

Thanks for the info!! Don't know if I should reconsider going to govt hospital instead. Even if it is beyond week 35. Cannot imagine the cost of nicu for both. Will be so broke... :(
actually after my experience, i find NUH is pretty good..though gov hospital I felt well taken care of by them throughout..but foodwise not that fantastic lah..but it's only for a few days kinda..so it's really up to you :) But having said that I also think maybe also depending on luck if doc/nurses on duty good not..

actually after my experience, i find NUH is pretty good..though gov hospital I felt well taken care of by them throughout..but foodwise not that fantastic lah..but it's only for a few days kinda..so it's really up to you :) But having said that I also think maybe also depending on luck if doc/nurses on duty good not..
Food is ok. More worried about the complications and $$. Maybe I will continue to see my tmc gynae and when deliver, I go to govt hospital. Initially I wanted to go govt hospital only if it's before 33 weeks. But now it seems like for twins, they may not be well developed though at good weight and almost full term like yours ? :(

I've been having pain on my tummy past 2 days. Den today went for my monthly check up & both babies are head down! Doctor said its not good as im only 25 weeks :(
Feeling so stressed now. He prescribed me ventolin to assist with the contractions. I'm just praying the babies move their position. He couldn't see my cervix Curz both heads blocking.
Sigh...what can I do?! *panic & stressed*

I've been having pain on my tummy past 2 days. Den today went for my monthly check up & both babies are head down! Doctor said its not good as im only 25 weeks :(
Feeling so stressed now. He prescribed me ventolin to assist with the contractions. I'm just praying the babies move their position. He couldn't see my cervix Curz both heads blocking.
Besides the medication, anymore advice from doctor? Will having more bedrest helps? Don't be too worry.. babies will be stress too.

During my detailed check, one of my twins also very low. Like hipbone area but sonographer said it's OK. I'm still worried though.

Dear all, ive given birth to my twinnies this morning. Both are of good weight 2.7& 2.8. But due to they r considered as slight premmies as not yet full term, their glucose kind of fluctuate n hv to be fed in fm first. But now they are OK n im still struggling to bf as both are very sleepy n milk has not kicked in. All the best to those next in line :)

Dear all, ive given birth to my twinnies this morning. Both are of good weight 2.7& 2.8. But due to they r considered as slight premmies as not yet full term, their glucose kind of fluctuate n hv to be fed in fm first. But now they are OK n im still struggling to bf as both are very sleepy n milk has not kicked in. All the best to those next in line :)
Congrats and Well done mummy ellesie. Finally offload already :) have a great rest. am sure your twinnies will be good soon..

@ ellesie, congrats!!! Finally got to hold both of them and are in gd weight too...bbs are sleepy cos of the epidural u took, juz try to bf them regardless they are sleepy... Enjoy!!!

Congrats @ellesie ! enjoy motherhood!

@shaoosmama: dunno e total bill yet. But for e twin package, hosp is about 6k plus. My gynae fee is another 6k. My bbs are only 2 days old. I just had my csect yest. When is urs?

Hooohooo! my boy was discharged yesterday! Which is good cos celebrated my birthday together:):) took first picture together as a family of four:):) precious moments really...

Total bill for him and his sister was $3k plus before insurance claims:) so it is a huge relief!

Food is ok. More worried about the complications and $$. Maybe I will continue to see my tmc gynae and when deliver, I go to govt hospital. Initially I wanted to go govt hospital only if it's before 33 weeks. But now it seems like for twins, they may not be well developed though at good weight and almost full term like yours ? :(
Hmm did u get any insurances for ur case? For mine cos ivf bbs and they r with compulsary insurance from great eastern life..might be a good idea to get insurance if u hv no prior complications now to prep..

Calm down can gal..stress can lead to early labour..maybe just that bbs are turned but not engaged..like my case their heads were down in late tri2..my gynae wasnt that worried that time too..just moniter their weight and bloodflow to brains and placenta..can rest at home and try to minimise walking?

Congrats ellesie!! Very good weight!! Well done mommy! All the hard work was worth it!! :)

I'm waiting for my turn next... Monday is the day! Gynae says I'm already having contractions now.... Though not regular... Hope can hold till my c section on 22june.

Back