MMI @ katong shopping centre

elaine
oh MMI got $50 discount, better than nothing. i remember asking mei last time she told me dont hv wor, just hv to book early to secure a place.

i'm sure your kids will really enjoy themselves
biggrin.gif
as for shopping, u can just drop by the factory outlet, think only 1 or 2 stops away lah.
do let me know if there's any improvement in disneyland this time round. then may consider bringing my kids there, otherwise hv to wait for our japan or US trip which is dont know when! haha!!!

hi elaine,
think you can still go to resort hotel for meals by taking the free shuttle. Yes, as jamie mentioned, the factory outlet is worth going, take the MTR.

kekeke...just saw that jamie posted earlier on. Elaine, you can refer to the MTR map. The cable car i have not tried, it goes to the island.

ai yo... me so blur... i think i went to this shopping centre 2yrs back... is this e one tat e cabin car will bring us to a very big buddha...??
happy.gif

small bell,

opened liao...we went on our own ans stay in disney hollywood for 1 nites bt we went disneyland for 2 days...the 3rd day we went to ocean park bt nothing much there as most rides the kids can't play and the Dlophine show is a crap compare to OZ...waste of time...

we only shop at nite....that's abt all....btw we also went to the Peak
happy.gif

hi elaine and jamie,
i saw the cable car but never been to the temple or island. Actually what's over at the other end of the cable car? anything interesting?

hi elaine,
how much is your package for this HK trip?

hi nuahcouple,
oh yes, the show at ocean park is very crowded. But a pity that i miss the adults roller coaster ride the last time. I would like to re-visit ocean park again. Peak got the wax museum.
happy.gif

elaine & smallbell
i never tried the cable car so dont know where it will bring u. the last time i went to see the big buddha its by bus wor, umpteen years ago!! haha..
biggrin.gif

subsequent trips, dont bother to go liao

hi smallbell n jamie,
my hubby confirmed e place u recommend liao... we have been there but didnt do much shopping becos last time i was preg with Sizhen ... only took e cable car to somewhere to see e big buddha.... this time round will go again then will go shopping too
happy.gif
thanks for e recommendation.

hi smallbell,
ya... last time i go also march ... not to cold not too hot just a thin jacket will do e job
happy.gif
June very hot... so i avoid going in june
happy.gif

smallbell
promo seems good but if i'm going, will be taking plane leh.

just receive a flyer that Cherie hearts is opening a new branch at mountbatten. within walking distance to my place too
biggrin.gif

will check it out when their open house is ready.
may seriously consider changing school since shaws fees has increased so much
sad.gif

jamie
i thought u went there previously?
i'm also quite interested to go and see see look look. more convenient location.
chiltern house also opening a branch there. happened to see the pic of the ctr from their website.

smallbell
no, cherie hearts is not in mountbatten sq. its at the learning hub (behind mountbatten sq), along guillemard road.

bbethan
the one i went at mountbatten sq is Little Skool house. yeah chiltern house is in the same location with cherie heart, in the learning hub. but fees will be more ex & they only hv half day program.

bbethan
yes they hv infant care. early bird promo enjoy 15% disc. their open house only ready by early april, actual opening of class will be in mid april. i hv spoken to Eleanor, not sure if she's the centre manager or principal, she will keep me posted once the centre is ready for open house.

jamie
btw how did u find little skool house?

mummies
what kind of enrichment classes are u all sending yr kids to?
anyone send yr kids to Little Neuro Tree? thinking of letting him go for some enrichment class but doesn't want something that's repeating what he's doing in cc. considering zoophonics too but don't know if he'll be confused with 2 diff sets of learning.

hi babyethan,
i wanted to send my younger gal to little neuro tree at parkway but they said only for one year and above. For younger kids must go bugis branch. So i will just wait till after 1yr old then send. As for older boy, he's in Tien Hsia chinese school for K1 class. That is quite a good program as he learn many chinese words vs childcare that only have an hour of chinese lesson per day.

bbethan
actually i intend to bring hubby to view little skool house when he's not so busy coz the last time i went, the school is not open yet & also without him.
as the centre is new, everything is very neat & clean. but i would say its abit small though. they now hv a outdoor playground. will give u more comments after i visited them, esp now they are offically open.

enrichment class
nope, not attending anything at the moment. didnt want to stress my gal yet leh & i dont intend to include during the weekends as its suppose to be her "off" days
biggrin.gif
afterall they hv years & years of learning ahead haha...

small bell
i called them and they told me my gal who's 8mths now can attend leh. said she'll join the 1yr old class. she told me the bugis branch one is more for babies who have yet to sit up. but don't think will be sending her first. Priority given to kor kor first.

jamie
i had the same thots too. but recently, the cc teacher told me he's a bit slow in learning n seems to hv difficulties grasping concepts. i was like??? he's only 2 leh. now i'm just worried that he's going to hv a hard time keeping up with the class in future. v difficult not to be kiasu. at the same time, i don't want him to feel stressed out too. hope he can hv a gd kick start in the early years so that it makes learning easier later on. seriously, i don't know what approach to take. s'pore education system v depressing.

bbethan
yeah i understand its really difficult not to be kiasu esp in s'pore with our edu system. initially i too hv your fears that chloe may hv a hard time keeping up with her own peers. but i believe every child excel differently & at different pace. most importantly must build up their confidence & make learning as fun as possible.
anyway i feel boys are usually slow in everything but most important, he still achieve that milestone when the time comes. so dont stress yourself, otherwise your boy will feel stress too.

hi bbethan,
need to give him some time, still too young to see the progress in learning. And the cc teacher should not be using the word slow. A child might be good in other areas, such as physical development, singing etc. Should be giving encouragement to parents instead.

will you be trying out the trial class for your older boy at neuro tree?

small bell
ya... hb also told me to just take note of the comment and see how he progress later on. u r right... the teacher shd give encouragement to parents. kind of scare me off.

thinking of letting him join this mth since the no. of lessons is almost equivalent to the 3 sessions trial period n the price is the same.

hi babyethan,
there is a registration fee for new students. So might be a pity if your boy don't like the lesson and you still need to pay for one term plus registration.

bbethan
i agree with smallbell, the teachers should encourage instead of giving negative comments.
i would also think its better to go for trial before signing up the lesson. do they hv trial class?

now i want to sign up also cannot cos the class is full for the new term. will just go for the trial class n see if he likes it first. in the mean time looking out for any intersting classes for him.

wow so luck gu hor? wanted to bring my boy for classes too but he's so hyperactive, cant sit still wor, how to tahan the 1 over hrs in class??
when i brought him to playgym, he doesnt sit still together with the other toddlers, he would run & play around in the gym!! *faint*!!

elaine must be in disneyland liao since she MIA
biggrin.gif

smallbell
when's your beijing trip? u booked during the recent nata's fair?

bbethan,

I only send my gal to Berries and swimming class. Also, she is attending Music and speech/Drama for English in CC...intially she attends speech/drama in Chinese in CC bt dun know why out of sudden she refused to attend...so I pulled her out....the speech/drama for English and Chinese is for N2 kids only.....I asked Tina to let the teachers to access if she can managed and they said she is coping well...so i just let her attend loh...since full day in CC nothing much to do...wahahahahaahaha....

intially wanna send her to Little Euro for Jap lesson bt they dun do purely on Jap...so decided next time then send her to Shicida for Jap lessons....

Now then u know why am so stress in finding a "good" school for C if we move....

nuahcouple
u mean full day in cc wont hv much things to do in the afternoon unless take enrichment class? generally applies to all cc or only nurture cottage? coz i'm still considering if shd change school for chloe. the afternoon class in shaws seems pretty much in action as its filled with activities. but the fees is the killing part!
sad.gif

Jamie,

the activities are mostly in the morning...after nap time is free and easy and at times do art n craft or singing..nothing much..... some of the enrichment class is b4 nap time and some is after nap time....

reason bcos in the afternoon...parents come in diff time to fetch their kids...hence, a bit tough to plan proper activities for those in full day CC....this is what I hv observed as at times if am on leave I fetch my gal at diff timing.....

that's is the reason why I let my gal attend enrichment class in CC if she can since nothing much for her to do in CC...kekekeke

I know the cherrie hearts in ubi, they hv enrichment classes in the afternoon and if u did not enrol ur kids in the enrichment class then think they will do other activities like drawing, coloring or singing.....i assume all CC are like that....

nuahcouple
oh, if its free & easy after nap then of coz would be better to attend the enrichment class, otherwise really waste of time, might as well put the time in good use
biggrin.gif

will hv to take a look at their timetable when i visit the cc again.

u gonna enrol ur kid in nurture cottage?

this is wat I thot of also...better to attend enrichment class in CC..also we dun wanna burn her weekends by letting her attend class...so far her berries is on wkday and swimming on sat..bt gonna chg to wkday if the instructor has slot for my gal
happy.gif

nuahcouple
no lah, not nurture cottage. its the little skool house at mountbatten sq & cherie hearts at the learning hub mountbatten. both are within walking distance from my place & fees are affordable. the rest of the cc along mountbatten, cant afford leh.

same sentiments, didnt want to burn the weekends too
happy.gif

nuahcouple
oh... he's only attending the music class on wed. n it's before nap time. i ever asked tina why at that timing. she told me mcys rulings says enrichment classes must be before in morning. *strange*. if they hv enrichment class in afternoon, don't mind paying to let him attend.

i noticed that nurture cottage is more into art n crafts and a lot of free play right? or is it becos they r a younger class? hv no idea what the older kids r doing in the afternoon.

jamie
yesterday i had a talk with the teacher. she had explained that she's not tryin to give negative remarks on my kid. but rather trying to point out areas of improvement so that we can try to take note and see if can help him out at home to reinforce.

bbethan
i thought most enrichment classes are held in the afternoon?

its good that u clarified with the teacher as we wouldnt want any misunderstanding too.
i think besides little neuro tree, u can try growing up gifted too.

jamie
not too sure leh. haven't really chec out on other cc. but i definitely prefer it to be in afternoon though it's not within my control.

ok... will check up GUG.

jamie....
I'm still here la.... pass few days was on childcare leave cos Sizhen having high fever since tuesday.... hai...~ till this morning still high...38.6. busy looking after 2 of them with my mummy help... Zhaohui no fever but refused to go sch cos sizhen not going...
this morning no choice start her with antibiotics n leave both with my mum. next thursday then i go disneyland... so how they will be well when u go there
happy.gif

hi nuahcouple,
heehee cherie heart at ubi just started their enrichment class this week, i sign Zhaohui up for the english speech n drama n he enjoys it so so much....
happy.gif

u send ur girl there la... heehee then they can be classmates
happy.gif

Back