IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

Thanks gal. Actually I made appt with her Aug 5 thought can start an tai meds....now end up go back to square one. After ectopic how soon did u start tsb. Doc say I don't need d n c as sac expelled liao. Now just waiting for menses to flush out remaining things. Wonder how soon that will happen and hcg back to zero so that I can start all over again. Should confinement start now or must wait till menses flush out?
I was depressed for about 3 mths then came upon the forum and found out abt TSB so book appointment to see her. I must say she can be quite harsh at times but dun take it personally. Most impt is that her medicine is tailored for u. I didnt do confinement after my 2nd loss (guess i was too sad) i did a mini confinement after 1st loss... drank the red date longan, eat fish with black fungus, and some ginger stuff. Actually after 1st loss, i started mini confinement almost immediately. Didnt wait for period to come.

Gd morning ladies.. jus finish my first scan (D3) & waiting for to call to the reception.. heard the lady say lining 5 & some follicules on right nothing on left.. issit bad ??
Hopeful, are u also waiting??

Gd morning ladies.. jus finish my first scan (D3) & waiting for to call to the reception.. heard the lady say lining 5 & some follicules on right nothing on left.. issit bad ??
Hopeful, are u also waiting??
@wondersss, lining 5mm shld b quite gd for d3 coz the minimum thickness for ET is 8mm which u still hv some time to build up...as for the follicles, not to worry too much coz it wl grow more in quantity n to the desired size once u hv started ur stimu...jia you!!!

@wondersss, lining 5mm shld b quite gd for d3 coz the minimum thickness for ET is 8mm which u still hv some time to build up...as for the follicles, not to worry too much coz it wl grow more in quantity n to the desired size once u hv started ur stimu...jia you!!!
Thanks jas... im think im v unlucky..cos dr Tan wil be on leave till 18 june and i will be under matthew lau hands
I change from dr sadhana to dr tan but in the end still end up in other pple hands.. depressing.

Thanks jas... im think im v unlucky..cos dr Tan wil be on leave till 18 june and i will be under matthew lau hands
I change from dr sadhana to dr tan but in the end still end up in other pple hands.. depressing.
Wondersss, are u the girl in black & white strip skirt? Cos saw that girl came out from doc room and was coughing. Thought might be you.

As I am on long cycle, I was there to take the prescription to get my medication for the jab. No scan required.

When is Dr Tan starting his leave? I think Dr Matthew Lau also not bad. Have faith k?

@wondersss Dr Matthew Lau did my ER as Dr THH was on urgent leave on that day. I dun experience much pain after I am awake. Recovery was gd too. So dun worry. You will be in gd hands under Dr Lau. :)

Hopeful, im in short protocol so i think im not fated to see dr tan HH.. Boohoo.. really abit demoralising.. i saw tht gal coughing too..nah..im.not so slim lo.. im wear bright pink with shorts one... heehee
Twinkletot, i really hope so too.. really abit discouraging..
I just wan to know tht the scans during stimulation now become so short? I only scanning on D9. I remember the last time i need to go bk every 2 days if i dun remember wrongly..

Hopeful, im in short protocol so i think im not fated to see dr tan HH.. Boohoo.. really abit demoralising.. i saw tht gal coughing too..nah..im.not so slim lo.. im wear bright pink with shorts one... heehee
Twinkletot, i really hope so too.. really abit discouraging..
I just wan to know tht the scans during stimulation now become so short? I only scanning on D9. I remember the last time i need to go bk every 2 days if i dun remember wrongly..
Ahh ok.. But think Dr Lau also not bad one just not as handsome as Dr Tan. Hehe

Oh saw a few girls in shorts. Hahah I was in orange top and skirt. Was in and out within 1 hr so not much time to look around. Hehe only saw that girl in black and white strip skirt.

I think now they don't scan that often. My short cycle only scan twice. Long cycle actually also abt twice only when I start stim. Probably at the last few days they might ask me to come back 1 to 2 times to cfm if I am ready for ER.

Ahh ok.. But think Dr Lau also not bad one just not as handsome as Dr Tan. Hehe

Oh saw a few girls in shorts. Hahah I was in orange top and skirt. Was in and out within 1 hr so not much time to look around. Hehe only saw that girl in black and white strip skirt.

I think now they don't scan that often. My short cycle only scan twice. Long cycle actually also abt twice only when I start stim. Probably at the last few days they might ask me to come back 1 to 2 times to cfm if I am ready for ER.
Thts really fast.. not like last time.. but then we will not have much time to build up the lining and the egg size

Anyone recall for short protocol when will be the ER and when will be the ET?

Thts really fast.. not like last time.. but then we will not have much time to build up the lining and the egg size

Anyone recall for short protocol when will be the ER and when will be the ET?

Think depends on your response to stim but generally should be abt 8-10 days of stim then ER then 2-3 days later for ET or 5 days for blastocyst. Correct me if I am wrong.. :)

Hi @mesara, how are you? Hope you are feeling better today. Kind of miss you chatting in this forum. Always logging in checking for new messages from u. Maybe you can also try acupunture at Dr Zou to tiao your body. No harm giving a try if it's not far for you.

@meganl Only 50% of women experience MS le. You are one of the lucky remaining 50%. My last pregnancy oso MS till end 1st tri. Wondering why so suai get nausea now. Am planning to bring my #1 to HK just before school hols in Oct. But my MIL said better not risk it coz of my previous MC. Will ask THH if i could travel in Oct. Where you planning to go?

My intially plan was to go NZ since it's the last year we can skip school to go holidays. But i doubt i can travel that far. If can travel, maybe go Hong Kong too in early Sep. Cant book tickets cos everything is uncertain too.

Hi, can I check for sistas that consult Physician Zou did u all just go to her for acupuncture? Or also take her medication?

Hi @mesara, how are you? Hope you are feeling better today. Kind of miss you chatting in this forum. Always logging in checking for new messages from u. Maybe you can also try acupunture at Dr Zou to tiao your body. No harm giving a try if it's not far for you.
Hey gal am ok.....just waiting for flush down so that can tiao and start again. Tragic episode but have to move on. At least got preggy twice. ....I have faith in God and my embbies...just that God wants me to spend more couple time with hubby before we have little intruder I guess. Don't worry I will always log in to cheer you sisters to achieve your dreams. Be positive. Everything in life happens for a reason. I did acu at dr Albert que. I think my bad time that after et this time both dr zou and Dr que not in so cudnt do acu n think that made implantation later and ended in mc. Will definitely tiao body learn from mistakes and come back soon.

How r u doing. Counting down to see heartbeat of little ones....am v excited for you and shiro ger. Waiting for Jas and twinkletot baby dusts as well. Maybe me n Milogal will be FET cycle buddies. Take care and keep us posted of good news.

:)
Hey gal am ok.....just waiting for flush down so that can tiao and start again. Tragic episode but have to move on. At least got preggy twice. ....I have faith in God and my embbies...just that God wants me to spend more couple time with hubby before we have little intruder I guess. Don't worry I will always log in to cheer you sisters to achieve your dreams. Be positive. Everything in life happens for a reason. I did acu at dr Albert que. I think my bad time that after et this time both dr zou and Dr que not in so cudnt do acu n think that made implantation later and ended in mc. Will definitely tiao body learn from mistakes and come back soon.

How r u doing. Counting down to see heartbeat of little ones....am v excited for you and shiro ger. Waiting for Jas and twinkletot baby dusts as well. Maybe me n Milogal will be FET cycle buddies. Take care and keep us posted of good news.
Hey mesara, am cheering u on too. We ladies in IVF are strong women. Whenever u feel upset, pray or come to the forum for a chat. Spend some time with hubby and get ready for the next round. Jia you!! :)

Thanks meganl. Can I check how much does yr weekly medication cost and each acupuncture treatment. I have been seeing some neighborhood tcm physician for the past 3 weeks and am wondering if I should switch to physician zou

Hi knottie, am seeing dr zou too. Her acupuncture is $30 and medicine for a week is about $50+ depending on the type of medicine which may vary across the cycle :)

Hey hopeful and wondersss, you ladies have started! Ahh am still waiting for my menses to come. Tot should be ytd or today.. Still waiting.. Hope all is fine...
I see you all mention that Dr tan is on leave?? Ah hopefully by the time I go for ER, He will be back by then.. :s

Hey hopeful and wondersss, you ladies have started! Ahh am still waiting for my menses to come. Tot should be ytd or today.. Still waiting.. Hope all is fine...
I see you all mention that Dr tan is on leave?? Ah hopefully by the time I go for ER, He will be back by then.. :s
Hi summerreef, yes have started since yesterday. Are u on long or short protocol? Wondersss said Dr Tan will be back on 19 June. If on short protocol, might be abit tough.. Long should be ok.

Hi summerreef, Dr tan will be on leave from 13-18th june. Maybe yr chances abit higher than mine to meet him.. i keep counting the calendar hoping i still can catch him on my ET at least... so praying v hard now.. haixxx..
I actually felt feverish on tues and after the jab ytd all the fever, flu n cough come finding me, become v heaty but i dun wan to take medication.. wan to drink LRD like too heaty also.. jin jialat.. this cycle is v tough for me.. sobsob

Hi summerreef, Dr tan will be on leave from 13-18th june. Maybe yr chances abit higher than mine to meet him.. i keep counting the calendar hoping i still can catch him on my ET at least... so praying v hard now.. haixxx..
I actually felt feverish on tues and after the jab ytd all the fever, flu n cough come finding me, become v heaty but i dun wan to take medication.. wan to drink LRD like too heaty also.. jin jialat.. this cycle is v tough for me.. sobsob
Wondersss can take piriton & try Manuka honey provided u are not allergic to them or have serious asthma.

Now cannot drink LRD already since u are sick as will make it worse which is what happen to be for the last cycle.

Drink more water & keep hydrated. Weather is crazily hot too!!

Hi my advice is to get pregnancy safe meds from the gp if ur not well... it's best to medicate and fight the illness rather than let it drag on. I myself was on antibiotics in my early stim days due to uti ... I won't say my eggs are fantastic in quality or qty but I still manage to get some..

Thanks Summerreef. Guess you took quite a break since the last try? Hope all goes well for you in this new cycle. Jia you!

Hi my advice is to get pregnancy safe meds from the gp if ur not well... it's best to medicate and fight the illness rather than let it drag on. I myself was on antibiotics in my early stim days due to uti ... I won't say my eggs are fantastic in quality or qty but I still manage to get some..
@wondersss Agreed with @chloe_ng I got flu during stimulation and I told the team doc in kkh. was prescribed medi. maybe dun need see GP. tell the team doc and they can advise the right medi. can save on GP consultation too. :)

Hi ladies, thks for all the advices!!
Twinkletot, who is the team doc? The doc tht review our scans? If there is the team doc then maybe abit too long wait cos seeing him on the 12 june only..
I have actually seen the GP but i try not to take medication cos scared affect the cycle.. but guess now bo bian have to eat liao..

Thanks Summerreef. Guess you took quite a break since the last try? Hope all goes well for you in this new cycle. Jia you!

hey knottie, vaguely rem we were cycle buddies last year! yup, took quite a break before going for 3rd try again this time round..
we all jiayou jiayou together! are you considering seeing dr zou this time round? :)

hey @wondersss and @hopeful13, i am on short protocol. just had a bit of spotting, guess will only call KKIVF when it turns full tomorrow. hmm based on my last 2 cycles on the time taken for stims, may still be able to catch him.. shall see :)

@wondersss, you sounded quite bad. meanwhile guess don't take LRD since its heaty, manuka sounds like a good idea - worth giving it a try?
weather is very bad, stay hydrated ladies!

hey @wondersss and @hopeful13, i am on short protocol. just had a bit of spotting, guess will only call KKIVF when it turns full tomorrow. hmm based on my last 2 cycles on the time taken for stims, may still be able to catch him.. shall see :)

@wondersss, you sounded quite bad. meanwhile guess don't take LRD since its heaty, manuka sounds like a good idea - worth giving it a try?
weather is very bad, stay hydrated ladies!
Thanks summerreef, Can you briefly tell me your time taken for stims? Do we start to retrieve our eggs on D10 and transfer on the D12 if based on normal situation?

My cough and flu is bad to the max.. the phlegm is all greenish.. (Sorry TMI:(:(:( ) drinking a lot a lot of water to hydrate myself.. Really dun want to try taking medication so I try to oil myself using peppermint and seems better... hopefully will get better tomorrow!! :p:p

Thanks summerreef, Can you briefly tell me your time taken for stims? Do we start to retrieve our eggs on D10 and transfer on the D12 if based on normal situation?

My cough and flu is bad to the max.. the phlegm is all greenish.. (Sorry TMI:(:(:( ) drinking a lot a lot of water to hydrate myself.. Really dun want to try taking medication so I try to oil myself using peppermint and seems better... hopefully will get better tomorrow!! :p:p

Hi wondersss, am not sure about the protocol that dr tan has done up for you? For my case, I will take 5 days of Letrozole pills before starting the stim injections which take another 7-8 days.. Then 1-2 days for ET .. Not sure how similar is yours?

Oh dear.. Greenish phlegm may imply some throat infection.. Take good care and speedy recovery!!

Yes we were cycling together last yr. did a fresh cycle after that but failed again so move on to private. Recently just miscarriage so wanna wait for 2 cycles before starting. Currently seeing some neighborhood tcm to tiao but seriously considering to go to Zou who is more intune to the ivf program although this one that I am seeing says he knows
Sorry to hear about your miscarriage.. Stay positive am sure good news will be coming our way soon! Dr zou is very familiar with ivf programs and the types of medications used. I would recommend her personally :)

Wondersss,
My short protocol schedule for ur reference:
CD2 scan + start orgalutran
If I don't remember wrongly, pergoveris starts on CD5..
cD15 ER
Kkh says do day 3 ET
So, CD18 ET

Hope this helps
Thanks queenie!!! Im starting orgalutran from D3 - D5 & starting Gonal-F & Pergoveris on D6 onwards. Scanning will be done in D7 then see what the doctor say but the nurse ask my hubby to clear his sperm on D8/D9. Issit abit too early??
Also 1 silly qtn, on the 2nd scanning (D7), issit scan liao then inject the med? Also where do you gals go for your self-injection after the scan and seeing the doc?

Hi wondersss, am not sure about the protocol that dr tan has done up for you? For my case, I will take 5 days of Letrozole pills before starting the stim injections which take another 7-8 days.. Then 1-2 days for ET .. Not sure how similar is yours?

Oh dear.. Greenish phlegm may imply some throat infection.. Take good care and speedy recovery!!

Hi summerreef, he just told me is short protocol only but didnt tell me in details but i took 21 days of Nor-E before my period start.
I become feverish ytd and no choice took 2 panadols first but today still abit feverish, not sure y... :(:(
Phlegm is getting better now.. hopefully will get well soon...

Hi Mesara, it's good to hear that you are doing well n having strong faith in GOD. Yes, can tiao your body n wait for another three months before u start your FET. Cheering for u n @milogal88.

I did my scan today n its just a singleton. Initially was worried if i can cope if its twins. After awhile i am able to accept, n today scan showed only one sac. Abit disappointed. Anyway, i think one is good enough for me as i think i wont be able to manage 2. So thank GOD for the arrangement. Now try to keep myself healthy n hope everything goes smoothly :)

When is @shiro_ger going for scan? I think your EDD will also hit CNY. Maybe have to book confinement lady soon.

Hi mesara, how r u now??? How's ur review today? Take care n rest well!!!
Hi Jas am ok.....had severe cramps on right side last night. Got worried. Saw Dr tan today. Hcg dropped to 300. He said shud be put of body in 3 weeks. My womb is swollen thus have the pain. The miscarriage is suspected due to adenomyosis which might be why late implantation and miscarried. Anyway I will see Dr tan on 23 June to review next steps. Am taking ginger drink chicken essence and after hcg drop then go tcm. Adenomyosis is a disease and now all in Gods hands. If he choose to give I will have. Just have to believe and pray. How tww n when bt. All the best.

@meganl congrats once again gal. Glad to hear u saw sac n heartbeat. Wishing u a safe n smooth pregnancy. Did u take dr zou meds n acu n how long before cycle gal.

Morning gals! I realised u all are night owls le. Lol

@meganl Singleton is easier to cope since you already got 1. Congrats for seeing the hb. When's ur EDD? My scan on 10 Jun, getting worried can't see d hb. If can see hb, my edd shld be end Jan which coincide with my #1's birthdate. But if cannot carry to full term just like #1, #2 will say hi in end dec liao. I went to see my pte gynae on wed due to bad bout of MS, he scan and saw 2 sac. I really hope mine will be singleton too coz dun tink can cope with so many n yet having to work.

@mesara adenomyosis may be a challenge for ttc, but if you perservere, you will soon carry a bb in your arms. My fren oso had adenomyosis, very high ovaries and a few cysts (but had been removed), she has 2 children through the help of ivf. Her children are 3yo n 1 yo respectively. So jia you ok!

Hi Jas am ok.....had severe cramps on right side last night. Got worried. Saw Dr tan today. Hcg dropped to 300. He said shud be put of body in 3 weeks. My womb is swollen thus have the pain. The miscarriage is suspected due to adenomyosis which might be why late implantation and miscarried. Anyway I will see Dr tan on 23 June to review next steps. Am taking ginger drink chicken essence and after hcg drop then go tcm. Adenomyosis is a disease and now all in Gods hands. If he choose to give I will have. Just have to believe and pray. How tww n when bt. All the best.

@meganl congrats once again gal. Glad to hear u saw sac n heartbeat. Wishing u a safe n smooth pregnancy. Did u take dr zou meds n acu n how long before cycle gal.
@mesara, great to hear that u r doing fine n something to look forward on 23 Jun...was thinking of u...hee!!! Btw, did dr tan mentioned what is Adenomyosis?

Im now on 8dpt3dt...feeling cold, back strain n v mild cramp on n off for the past 2 days..sneeze n nausea abit too but not sure if is the side effect of the crinone insert..but this morn im ok...so not sure gd or not n my temp was quite low...bet 36.5 to 36.7 since after ET.

My bt on 16 jun...juz hope for the best n prepare for the worst..:)

Last edited:
@mesara Thank you. As for Dr Zou, I started seeing her 1.5mths before my IVF cycle. I took her medication as well. Only after ET i stopped. She said before doing acupuncture is to improve blood flow. I go twice a week if it's possible like Tues n Sat or Wed n Sun. Now they have computerised booking system so its much faster.

@shiro_ger Thanks n congrats to you. Twins leh. Your gal must be v happy! I was really worried cannot see hb cos the lady said I will scan first then explain to u. So I thought y she so serious. Usually if they see hb will say there this is the bb heartbeat. Plus i have no ms yet. Sigh now still wanna symptom spot. Haha.

@jas249 The body temp cannot tell much. Cos i also tried to measure for a few days n also quite low. After awhile i gave up cos it will just scare u. So best is dun measure liao. All the best to your BT!

Gd morning ladies.. i see tht most of u are more chatty during weekends
Went to see a doc ytd cos fever came bk le.. given antibodies n panadol, flu n cough mixture..i guess this cycle chances not v high liao... jus go with the flow... haixx.. wish me luck ladies..

@mesara, gosh!! My heart sank when I saw your post. Really sorry to hear that. Take your time to grieve and come back stronger. Other than chromosome testing, have you done any immunity checks? If not, you might wish to consider going to NUH. There is a recurrent pregnancy loss unit. I’m actually seeing Dr Sheila Vasoo but at her Mt E Novena clinic instead for my immunity issues. Hope the below info helps.

http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/wbn/slot/u2349/Articles/Recurrent_Pregnancy_Loss_brochure.pdf

Thank you sisters all for the well-wishes. Unfortunately, BFP didn’t happen for me. Actually I kinda know the result on Sat. Coz Fri I had spotting. As I wanted to move on earlier and enjoy my long weekends, I did a HPT on Sat morn to double confirm. To my shocked, I got a “Pregnant 1-2” on CB. Decided to just head down KKH for earlier BT and get more supports if beta levels are promising as I was hoping the spotting was due to one of the vanishing embryos. But beta came back at 16.1 only. I knew I have to prepare for the worst, and hope for the best. In my heart I reckoned it might be a chemical pregnancy. Anyways, I was given oral support. What started off as watery brown spotting became clots and AF over the next 2 days. So the BT this morning confirmed it.

Much as I feel upset that the 2nd fresh failed again, on a brighter note, (1) implantation did take place (2) I currently have 4 (D2), 1 (blast), 1 (D3) to try for FET (3) I finally see the word “Pregnant” on a HPT after so many years of trying and on ART!! Never have we come this close seriously. Meantime, will just wait for the appointment with THH on 8th July & I will discuss further action plans with my rheumatologist as well. Hopefully, we can succeed on the next FET.

So Jia You to all other ladies whom are starting their cycles. And Good Luck to @twinkletot & @jas249 for your upcoming BT! Hoping to grab baby dusts from you ladies!

Hi milogal88, hope u dun mind me asking, did Dr Shelia give u any advise b4 u start ur cycle? Eg, any medicine to control?

My rheumatism are high. I had went to consult 2 rheumatologist also but it seems that they can't do much to help me too...:(

What they told me is that the chances of me getting pregnant is not high ...:(

I am gg to do my FET this month, beside doing acupuncture and thinking of gg intralipid..I really dun one what else I can do to improve the chances....

Went to see a doc ytd cos fever came bk le.. given antibodies n panadol, flu n cough mixture..i guess this cycle chances not v high liao... jus go with the flow... haixx.. wish me luck ladies..
@wondersss, gd luck n all the best!!! Jia you!!! :)

Gd luck wondersss, take medicine now better than take medicine after ET that is when u will be really worried abt the effects of medicine on your embryo. I think now still ok. Don't worry k? Get well soon! :)

Take good care and speedy recovery!! Don't think too much that it will affect the cycle.. Jiayou!!

Hi ladies.. thanks for all the concern!! Jus wan to double confirm tht on the 2nd scanning is tht we scan first before doing any injections right?

@meganl & @shiro_ger , Congrats to you ladies again for crossing another hurdle! Well, I guess regardless is singleton or twins, it’s a gift from god. Meantime, do take care ya!

@mesara , glad to hear that you’re coping well. You have once again proven to be a strong & determined lady. Yeah, we might be FET cycle buddies. But do take some time to recuperate body first & hope that THH will have solutions or preventive measures for your adenomyosis. Jia You to Us! :)

@jas249 & @twinkletot , think you ladies are counting down to your BT next week? All the best!

@Iwantbaby2015 , yup Dr Shelia put me on euthyrox, aspirin, prednisolone on top of Vit D and folic acid. She also wrote a memo to THH on the treatment plan but I duno the exact details coz it was sealed and THH never show me. But I think she did suggest IVIG (not to be confused with intralipid). Even in NUH, they only do IVIG & not intralipid. So far only Dr SF Loh does intralipid. But the cost for IVIG is in thousands. Then in between stim I also had BT to check on my T4 & TSH levels coz she mention the stim drugs will cause these levels to rise which is not good. So we have to do a balancing act and up my med dosage if the levels are not ideal. Anyway, my previous rheumatologist also told me it’s hard for me to conceive base on my existing condition. But I guess they are not in the area of reproductive immunology thus they might have be able to advise further. Perhaps you can goggle more on Dr Shelia first before deciding if you want to see her. PM me if you need more details ok. Are you currently on medication for your rheumatism issues?

@wondersss , for me I normally will just continue to jab in the morning and then head down for scan since I always have a fixed timing to jab anyway. Basically I just follow the instructions on the injection sheet.

Hi ladies.. thanks for all the concern!! Jus wan to double confirm tht on the 2nd scanning is tht we scan first before doing any injections right?
@wondersss, for me, the review doct onli order the injections for me till the day b4 the nxt scan...thus by the time im gg for the scan, i wl not hv any injection in that morn except for the ovulation blocker. The review doct wl order more injections after the scan if im still not ready for ER..so i wl go n buy the jabs n go back to kkivf n get the nurse there to jab for me..u juz press Q2 for treatment n teaching if im not wrong..coz i wl need to go back ofc straight after the scan n i can't do it in ofc esp wif the pervogeris jabs.

Anyway, as wat @maganl mentioned, follow ur injection instruction lists.

But if u r still unsure, better call kkivf. They can explain better.

Back