IVF with KKH (Tan HH)

waving waving, Emily_Emily!! What asumi stated is perfect. Maybe you just have to choke out cash 1-2k for 1st cycle. Surprisingly I compare NUH & KKH nurses service, I prefer KKH although I only went there for 1st consultation to see Dr THH.

I am going for my ivf briefing next tues afternoon. I am still scared & stressed about ER..... telling my hb that i am having cold feet the moment I think of it. Until now I still havent tell my colleagues that I am planning to go IVF.....

Asumi: yes will be doing ivf in nov. Have went thru 2 lap, cleared tubes, but due to endo, right tube blocked again. So Dr Tan refer me straight to ivf.

Ladies.. The IVF fees not so high la.. My 1st fresh bill came in short of 10k.. Govt co-fund 6.3k, balance medisave.. Didn't cough cash out..

Cash only for doctor's consultation (clinic d) + blood tests and some med/supplements..

I also went to kkh cos of e subsidy. Guess we are in good hands. THH is very caring n responsible. I discharged before seeing him during my stay for e lap. He still bothered to call me and explain my condition.

Ladies.. The IVF fees not so high la.. My 1st fresh bill came in short of 10k.. Govt co-fund 6.3k, balance medisave.. Didn't cough cash out..

Cash only for doctor's consultation (clinic d) + blood tests and some med/supplements..

Hi Rachelt... is there like an official bill? How long do I have to wait for the bill? So far onli received letter frm cpf stating amt deducted frm cpf..... tia.. :)

@bubbleblue1 don't worry too much about the Ivf process and the ER in particular. It's very manageable & not that scary lah. Don't scare yourself. There may be some discomfort here and there but nothing too serious. Infact when your actual cycle starts, you won't have time to be stressed or scared coz you'll be busy jabbing & scanning. Before you know it, will be ER already. Good luck!

Hi ladies, wanna ask a question. My BT is this coming Wed n I have spotting n tested negative on pregnancy test kit. Shd I call kkh n do BT on Monday? Or just wait? V sianz... really no chance it will turn positive right ?

Hi ladies, wanna ask a question. My BT is this coming Wed n I have spotting n tested negative on pregnancy test kit. Shd I call kkh n do BT on Monday? Or just wait? V sianz... really no chance it will turn positive right ?
How many days since u trf? Not sure if it might b too early. You can call kkivf for advice.

Hi sis, May I know when did u do ur first fresh? My hub also wanna know the recent estimated costs as we are scheduled for our first fresh next January. So govt Co funding of $6.3k can utilised fully?? TQ

Hi sis, May I know when did u do ur first fresh? My hub also wanna know the recent estimated costs as we are scheduled for our first fresh next January. So govt Co funding of $6.3k can utilised fully?? TQ
My first fresh was in Jun.. Yup.. They'll fully utilise the $6.3k co-fund first.. Remaining thru medisave..

I did my first fresh ivf with Dr Tan HH. On a private rate because I didn't want to see different doctors all the time and wanted the best at KKIVF so went with him. On the first consultation, he seemed rushed, I guess it's that way in a public hospital, but he was polite so my husband and I were ok. We didn't have many questions anyway.

We didn't get to see him much subsequently because everything went as planned, so if you are expecting a lot of check ups during ivf, you won't be getting it. I probably saw him a total of 2 other times when he did the egg retrieval (only for a few seconds before I went under the sedation) and for egg transfer, which was no more than 10 mins.

The next time was for my first scan (my blood test showed I had a BFP) and he was more detailed and answered any of our questions and explained for longer.

I guess it's the skill that you go fire when looking for a doctor, as long as he isn't rude. But you won't get his email or phone number. If I were a public hospital doc, I wouldn't give out my details either!

I've not received my bill yet either. I'm 7 weeks pregnant.

Emily, I'm also in the ttc forum for a long time.
For e fees portion, Asumi has explained perfectly. I specifically choose Dr Tan so I'm considered pte.
My experience so far has been pretty good. Nurses there are quite friendly and helpful. Im super scared of needles. But I must say the nurses taking blood tests are very experienced. Very little pain. I recently did a lap and hospitalised for 1 night. Nurses were quite attentive and gentle.
I suggest you do a fertility test before deciding on iui or ivf.
If both tubes are blocked, no use doing iui. Your doc should be able to advise you.
And yes, if u go as pte, everything will be done by Dr Tan.
thanks hlixian
yup I have gone thru all e fertility checks. my tubes are pretty. still no news till now. hmm so decided to try IUI or ivf depending on gynae recommendation. not sure if can do IUI if hubby has low morphology or not. :( I m v scared of sedation, medication injection if do ivf.

Although I'm not doing IVF treatment now, but i did a little bit of research in that area.

There's 2 segment of payment that we're looking at now. IVF procedure and Doctor's consultation fee.

1) For the whole IVF cycle, the bill may add up from $10-14 k. 75% of $6.3k will be subsidized for the first cycle if both you and your hubby are Singaporeans and doing the procedure in Government Hospitals. More details here. Next, we can pay up to $6k via Medisave for the first cycle. Then the rest pay cash, probably around $1-2k or so? (Someone please correct me if i'm wrong here, thanks.)

2) For the doctor's consultation fee, if look specially for Dr Tan HH, first consultation fee will be $120+, subsequent visits will be $90+. If you're under the subsidized rates, you'll be taken care under a panel of doctors, meaning each time may be different doctor attending to you, depending on their availability. In this case, you don't need to pay so much, but i heard it's something like halved the rates of their private practice rates. Details here.

Most probably I'm looking to do IVF at KKH with Dr Tan HH. My first appointment with him will be on 24th Oct.
thank u so much asumi I m still deciding to go in as Pte or subsidized. ur info helps a. lot too. best of luck to u!!

I did my first fresh ivf with Dr Tan HH. On a private rate because I didn't want to see different doctors all the time and wanted the best at KKIVF so went with him. On the first consultation, he seemed rushed, I guess it's that way in a public hospital, but he was polite so my husband and I were ok. We didn't have many questions anyway.

We didn't get to see him much subsequently because everything went as planned, so if you are expecting a lot of check ups during ivf, you won't be getting it. I probably saw him a total of 2 other times when he did the egg retrieval (only for a few seconds before I went under the sedation) and for egg transfer, which was no more than 10 mins.

The next time was for my first scan (my blood test showed I had a BFP) and he was more detailed and answered any of our questions and explained for longer.

I guess it's the skill that you go fire when looking for a doctor, as long as he isn't rude. But you won't get his email or phone number. If I were a public hospital doc, I wouldn't give out my details either!

I've not received my bill yet either. I'm 7 weeks pregnant.
congrats on ur pregnancy!!! take care n have a smooth one! dr tan must have done it on e right time plus luck is w you. :rolleyes::p

I hope mine will b successful too. :oops:

congrats on ur pregnancy!!! take care n have a smooth one! dr tan must have done it on e right time plus luck is w you. :rolleyes::p

I hope mine will b successful too. :oops:

Keep positive! I'm sure Dr Tan has great skills!

My husband asked the doctor what are the live birth rates for successful ivf procedures. He said out of 100 who try with ivf about 30 will succeed and about 20 will go on to have a live birth. That the miscarriage risks are slightly higher than normal, about 30%.

So now I'm in pregnancy paranoid mode. When I have symptoms, I feel bleah but when my symptoms get better, I worry. Kill me.

My husband asked the doctor what are the live birth rates for successful ivf procedures. He said out of 100 who try with ivf about 30 will succeed and about 20 will go on to have a live birth. That the miscarriage risks are slightly higher than normal, about 30%.

So now I'm in pregnancy paranoid mode. When I have symptoms, I feel bleah but when my symptoms get better, I worry. Kill me.
looking at e rate made me more depressed. but nevertheless, if i nv try, i will regret even more, not worth... thanks stacyHF. have a smooth pregnancy. how far are u now? when is edd?

Hi, care to share about the counselling session at KKH? Anything impt to note?

Are we given MC/HL to attend the session?

Hi, care to share about the counselling session at KKH? Anything impt to note?

Are we given MC/HL to attend the session?

the session is only about 1.5 hours. no MC/HL. you can apply 1/2 day leave if need to. they will give u a folder which consist everything and video to show you the overview. there will also be a doc around if you have any questions.

the session is only about 1.5 hours. no MC/HL. you can apply 1/2 day leave if need to. they will give u a folder which consist everything and video to show you the overview. there will also be a doc around if you have any questions.
Thanks! We need to do some blood tests on the same day right?

looking at e rate made me more depressed. but nevertheless, if i nv try, i will regret even more, not worth... thanks stacyHF. have a smooth pregnancy. how far are u now? when is edd?

I am due apparently in May but doc says have to recalculate at the end of the month.

Just try, so you know you tried your best but if after trying your best and everything still doesn't work, don't be depressed. You won't have regrets that you didn't try. And also retirement will be easier! :)

It's like that. You will only feel more assured after you have gone through your Oscar test and detailed scan. You may even consider seeing 2 gynaes at the same time to have a peace of mind. That's how paranoid IVF mums to be are.

Hi sisters,i am considering ivf with tanhh or matthew lau. Just curious,tanhh is so busy. Will he be late for egg retrieval?understand that egg retrieval needs to be 36 hrs after trigger shot, n timing is crucial. So wondering will he be late for egg retrievsl scheduled as he is always so busy?
For day 2/3 or 5 transfer,is this decided by dr tan hh or e embrologist of kkh?

Yr advise is appreciated. Thank you.

Hi sisters,i am considering ivf with tanhh or matthew lau. Just curious,tanhh is so busy. Will he be late for egg retrieval?understand that egg retrieval needs to be 36 hrs after trigger shot, n timing is crucial. So wondering will he be late for egg retrievsl scheduled as he is always so busy?
For day 2/3 or 5 transfer,is this decided by dr tan hh or e embrologist of kkh?

Yr advise is appreciated. Thank you.
Egg retrieval is in the mornings and dr THH's calendar is planned to accommodate it. Delay I think is usual in govt hosp, wait a few hours at most. Transfer day is decided by dr, unless embryologist recommend otherwise during culture of embies.

The longest wait for THH, to me, is when consultation cause his appointments are just squeezed in. He can hv appointment at 1400 hours and 1401 hours! It's impossible for him to see patient in 1 minute so everyone ends up waiting.

Hi mich ng, thanks for e reply. I dun mind to wait during consultation.

But for egg retrieval appt,will he appear later than e scheduled time?

Hi mich ng, thanks for e reply. I dun mind to wait during consultation.

But for egg retrieval appt,will he appear later than e scheduled time?
I've only done 1 retrieval. The whole queue of 5 was delayed, not sure which dr was the cause. When it's my turn, THH came promptly.

There's only OT so delay is expected.. Especially if the first doctor/patient delays.. Whichever doctor it may be..

Rachelt,waves*! How r u?

Hmm,so does kkh follow e 36 hrs from trigger shot to egg retrieval policy? Or they dun realli stick to this timing?

Connie, basically, yes, they arrange so ur ER is within 36 hours. On the delay at OT, I'm not sure how much it affects. 2 samples doesn't constitute a population.

hihi, i am new to this forum and would like to ask if HSG test is painful as i have to do this test tomorrow...thank you.
I didn't know about Dr Tan until i read from this forum and has not seen the "actual" doctor till now though i have done my urine,blood, pap smear, scan etc.. Met a MO once and was at the brink of giving up checking.

Last edited:
Rachelt,waves*! How r u?

Hmm,so does kkh follow e 36 hrs from trigger shot to egg retrieval policy? Or they dun realli stick to this timing?
*waves* me OK.. Doing my medicated FET now.. Next Tue ET..

Hmm.. Let me try to recall.. I had my trigger at 9pm on Sun.. ER was Tuesday appt 8am.. Think I waiting till abt 8:45-9am before I was wheeled in.. Something like that la..

*waves* me OK.. Doing my medicated FET now.. Next Tue ET..

Hmm.. Let me try to recall.. I had my trigger at 9pm on Sun.. ER was Tuesday appt 8am.. Think I waiting till abt 8:45-9am before I was wheeled in.. Something like that la..
Thanks for yr reply. All e best to yr 2nd fet. Redvel is out of e game le,i feel sad for her. This ivf game is tough

it's taken all the way till BT.. that's what review dr told me.. mine is D5 culture and blast.. and I've just started my cyclogest too..
Oic,all e way...
I removed polyp recently by dr tan hh. He prescribed 4mg of progynova to take for a month. I dun reali like to take this tablets as it seem to make me sick. Dunno is it i imagine~

Oic,all e way...
I removed polyp recently by dr tan hh. He prescribed 4mg of progynova to take for a month. I dun reali like to take this tablets as it seem to make me sick. Dunno is it i imagine~
No.. Not ur imagination.. It's one of the side effects.. Nausea.. Headache.. Tiredness.. Hot flushes.. Etc etc.. I'm now on 8mg! Worse! Took all 4 at one go and I felt sick like mad.. Now I split up.. 2 tabs morning 2 tabs night.. Feels so much btr..

No.. Not ur imagination.. It's one of the side effects.. Nausea.. Headache.. Tiredness.. Hot flushes.. Etc etc.. I'm now on 8mg! Worse! Took all 4 at one go and I felt sick like mad.. Now I split up.. 2 tabs morning 2 tabs night.. Feels so much btr..
uh..ic..sucks. no wonder i feel nausea n hot.
but y doc give u medicated when u can ovulate regularly. I rem u can ovulate on yr own rite..

uh..ic..sucks. no wonder i feel nausea n hot.
but y doc give u medicated when u can ovulate regularly. I rem u can ovulate on yr own rite..
Ya.. I tried natural FET last mth.. Think it's too stressful for me and my ovulation was delayed.. When I went for my scan on CD19 still Hvnt ovulate.. I got ni confidence liao.. So I cancelled the procedure and opted for medical this mth.. And then, 2 days later (CD21) I ovulate.. Sian lor.. Lol..

Ya.. I tried natural FET last mth.. Think it's too stressful for me and my ovulation was delayed.. When I went for my scan on CD19 still Hvnt ovulate.. I got ni confidence liao.. So I cancelled the procedure and opted for medical this mth.. And then, 2 days later (CD21) I ovulate.. Sian lor.. Lol..
Uh..think too stressful liao.
Good luck for yr coming fet! Njoy yr weekend :)

Back