IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

baby,
My maid is from indo. But she work before in sg, malaysia and indo as maid. So quite experienced.

Just faith,
I kinda get what she trying to say. Only certain words dunno haha! But u also reply her in indo-english? My maid never ask me for hp. But they will get for themselves when they ot money. But I will provide them with phonecards to top up credits once a month. My maid sms me in normal eng de.. Thou not so good. But not like yours.

justfaith
need some tips from you since urs is indo maid.
how did u learn how to communicate with her? u use dictionary? online translation?
can imagine when i'm exsperated and need to tell her simple thing like big and small...lol think no time to go flip dictionary leh.

happyhippo
anybody who can speak Malay n can help u out? eg yr mum??
although our Malay is not exactly the same as Bahasa Indonesia but a lot of words r similar.
my dad can speak Malay so he used to help my mum translate to our new indo maids. after awhile we also pick up the essential words n end up speaking a combination of English n Malay to them.

happyhippo,
Thats why I always try to get indo maids who work before esp in sg then they will know how to speak eng. I like those who knows how to take care of kids and best if their ex employer has grandparents type. Then their cooking will be ok too. No need to teach much but can cook nice chinese dishes. Cuz they would have learn from the ah ma from the ex employer family.

Baby,

Actually your maid sounds ok, why do u wanna change? Your maid already used to your kids for a year now, and u trust her with the kids. That's already v good. Imagine if u change and get a not so good one, then need to keep changing, retraining etc. Attitude problem frankly is a common problem. Even my maid work for us 10 years dy also always show attitude. Need to close one eye lor. Or tell her she need to change attitude, usually after pep talk, they will be v nice for few weeks then become monkey again. Then have pep talk again.

Happyhippo, my maid has 9 months working experience with her previous employer. Throughout her 9months, she was communicating with a Filipino maid in English and malay with an elderly. My maid has strong filipina accent when she first joined me. Now her English improved. Mine became worst.
sad.gif
(

Initially, I will speak to her in English and repeat again in broken malay. Yes, I do use online dictionary. Especially when I say I like my house to be neat and tidy - I hv to use online translator. I also try to write down short memos and paste on the fridge. I let her write diary every night.... She uses both malay and English. As what grumpus says, bahasa indonesian is different from malay. U know hor, sometimes I even speak to her in dialects or mandarin, u will be surprised she understand it.

Tickles, my maid always tell me she don't want to go back n work. Go back n see family okay. She don't want to get married. Then she starts to relate to me, her gf got married. Husband lazy. Don't want to work. So her friend was made to go Arab to work as maid. Send money to husband every month. She say she don't want. She wants to earn money to buy kelong in her kampong. Lol. She does have small ambition that I like. I asked her if she wants off day since her sister in law is also in singapore. She says go out spend money, she don't want. Also never ask for compensation.

Just Faith,
Your maid really not bad. Mine she also dun wanna go out. She asked if recontract she wants off day can or not. But she say her off day she just want to rest at home. she say go out also waste money.

Baby, one of my current maids used to go "yah" when i tell her the mistakes she makes or when i m unhappy with her. i told her off. i told her its v rude to reply like this n i expect her to say sorry if its her mistake. but if she think she is not at fault, she can reason w me. but CANNOT reply "yah".

my biggest problem w the two of them is they are slow... smthing tht i think very hard to find w thse indonesian maids..thts the way they work or behave all their life.. no sense of urgency one. i m by nature very gan chiong person, n having to deal w 3 screaming toddlers doesnt make it any better... even if i change another 10 maids, chances r i will still face the same problem.

i find tht experienced maids r harder to train... they cant seem to change the way they are used to doing things... so once my trio go cc, i will train a fresh one.. as least more receptive to doing things my way. i dont need maids to act smart.. just need someone who can follow my instructions and do what i need them to do.

i agree w working wife, ur maid sounds good. u can trust her w ur girls, mil jagar u go holidays. until now i cant trust my maids... even bring my bbs go toilet wash hands, after washing, come out, my boy's hands still covered w soap! simple task right? but cant handle.....

:S

Hahaha... So many here support my maid ah.. heee...

Panda, actually my maid also super slow in her work.. A few plates she also take a long time to wash... Still got to go take glove... Im a impatient person.. I do tins in a fast manner so sometimes cant tahan the way she do tins but i close two eyes.. Cos i feel its not a big problem... Its her bad attitude i cant tahan.

U gals say its true.. My maid is quite responsible.. I can trust her with my girls... Do does a great job in bathing my girls, changing diaper... She is a clean freak herself...

Moments when she give attittude really make my blood boil...

Working wife, same here.. We always have a good talk with her when she give attitude.. And she will be super good for that period.. After some time her pattern come bk again...

We even send her bk to agency for a week before.. Then she promise she will change and ask us to take her bk...

The days when i and hb in bkk... She did quite well.. Can follow my schedule and instructions.. She did all the handling of bbs basic needs and cooking.. My mil only play with my girls... But i did draft out a timetable for her to follow...

baby, i took my trio to a new playground at suntec today. hokey pokey.. not bad.. u can bring ur girls.. took some pics of the place for u to see.. in this album..

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150682431587070.421280.537157069&type=1&l=bfe828af08

now they hv promo for Mar, 50% of entrance fee, each kid is $12.50 nett.. very nice n clean since its new. they sanitize all adults n bb hands n check temp before entrance. when u leave, they also provide hand n mouth wipes and a small pack of puff for each kid.

i find it very stressful n pek chek when i hv two maids n basic chores i still hv to check and smtimes do myself....

i told my hb, when my trio are 18mths, i will send one maid to my mum place..n try to see if me n one maid can handle the 3 of them.. i will rotate the maids, see who is better ... n if its possible, i will fire one maid.. i rather be more tired than everyday blood boil... right now i think still not possible.. need the extra pair of hands....

ooohhh..my trio very weird lately.... they seem to prefer home cooked food compared to eating out now! :S today went to gurney drive... let them eat the lemon chicken rice and their special fried rice, all 3 dont like.. aiyoh.....end up i went crystal jade bakery buy raisin bread for them to eat!

come home i cook tomato salmon macacroni, 30mins wiped out... faint.....

grumpus, is this a phase most kids go thru?? now i headache coz go out they dont wanna eat...:S the last few x we eat out has been a struggle to get them to eat....

Panda
The gurney drive and the horney is the same pl is it?
Is this the best indoor playground u went so far?
I hvt bring my girls to any playground yet so thinking where to go for the first time...

U should be happy that yr trio love yr food rather than outside food! Heee...
Or is it the type of outside food they dont like? How abt they fav pasta?
My girls sure prefer outside food.. Thou i hvt let them take a meal outside before.. Tml will be the first time..
Im bringing my girls to t3 tml.. Then let them dine outside for dnr...
Sat intending to bring them to zoo... Btw the waterplay at zoo need to chg them into swimming attire or no need??

Panda
I notice yr maid stand beside the table at gunery drive.. Do they sit together with u all and eat or they will not eat when u dine out with yr trio?
Do is the mummy with a pair of twins too?

panda
most kids go through this phase. instead of trying new stuff outside maybe try to order something which might be more familiar to them.
usually when my kids go through growth spurts then I take the opportunity to intro new stuff cos they're more likely to eat cos always hungry. but even then not all the new stuff they try will eventually become an accepted food. eventually u'll hv a list of foods that u can order when out.

like my elder girl usually eat sandwich, fish ball noodles or economic rice. the dishes r usually quite standard, a stir fried meat or chicken, steam egg n green vege. or jap food like chawanmushi, teriyaki chicken/salmon or katsudon.
as long as there're these few foods she'll eat. we cannot order pasta or pizza, she won't eat

so u just hv to slowly build up a repertoire of outside food

baby, they sit w us n eat. u saw them standing coz i ask them to move away coz i wanna take photos of only the bbs..
happy.gif

the other mummy w twins boys is Karen. Dont think u know her coz she is a silent reader here.

grumpus, thanks for the tips! i was thinking eat out let them try foods tht i never cook before..keke..looks like we hv to stick w pasta!

panda
try to order foods not too far off from wat u usually cook at home but doesn't hv to be exactly so they're still trying new foods. eg pasta, u can order bolognese, marinara, cream sauce, aglio olio. many variations but still pasta. baked rice can be chicken, fish, mushroom, beef etc

but like if u never ever cook fried noodles then might be harder for them to accept tat when out. or u never make sandwiches but give them sandwich outside, they might find it harder to accept.

there'll still be hits and misses la but hopefully more hits than misses
happy.gif

justfaith
which online translation you use?

justfaith, pandawife
do u give your maid/s a list of DON'Ts when they first arrive?
another silly question - do you check their luggage when they first arrive? was just thinking they are a total stranger afterall.. what if they really bring sthg harmful with them..

grumpus,
yes my mum speaks a bit of malay, but think like quite different from indonesia malay. that time, we interviewed the maid over the phone, she like don't understand what my mum was saying, quite jialat. think got to get online translation like justfaith.

Panda
Wahh.. U know so many mummies here personally...
So many outings hehe...

Going to t3 later after lunch... Hope my girls will enjoy themselves there... Will be bk after dnr... First outside meal for them today!

baby, no lah.. not that many. there is also a twins/triplets mummy group on facebook.. there are about 20+ mummies in that group.

have fun at T3!!
happy.gif
Today is rest at home day for me. tmr bringing my trio to my fren's house for her bb full month celebration.. mummy need to recuperate... later just bring them go playground in d evening...

Mummies
Wana bring my girls out for western bfast tml... Any sugg to where to bring? Any good child friendly restaurant?

Panda
Dont feel bad about using frozen food as long as they are good quality. U will be surprise, alot of the frozen food are frozen fresh, meaning they are cooked and frozen as soon as they are picked, so they can be fresher than what u get in the market.

Just faith
Your maid's sms very cute...lol. But as long as can understand, can already. Anymore of these riddles..haha.

Grumpus
My #1, for the last 3 days, during meal time finish the food in less than 15 mins feeding herself. I hope it will last.

Panda
T3 trip is fun! Both had a good time running all over the place.. The playground abit small thou... Saw the singkids playground seems kind of small too.. And exp.. $18 for 1 hr... The moving toys makes me giddy.. Haha...

Dnr went to swensens... Ordered the spagetties for them.. And ate some baked rice too... So easy to dine out.. No need to cook for them... Easy for mummy...

Tml will bringing them out for bfast... But dont knw where..
Fidgets good? How abt peekaboo?

Bubblybear, thks! Yeah d frozen foods very costly coz I picked d good quality ones.

Baby, hokey pokey is a good place for toddlers. The toys, swing, slides r all suitable. It's oso gd tht the place just opened, the toys all very clean and new. Worth making the trip in march since its half price for the month.
Fidgets can go anytime since no special rates. It's a gd place coz u pay a flat rate n can hang ard as long as u like. Toys wise they only hv rides. No small toys.
I hv not been to peekaboo..
Amazonia has toys n a small toddler area.

Mummies, long time no chat, how's everyone? I read that lentils and quinoa are v good for infants. But may I kw is d organic section d only plc to get?

Btw, wat is d receipe like to prepare these with porridge? I m running out of ideas to prepare food for my babies..

Panda
The cupcake kitchen look so cute!!
But im not using huggies now.. Can try la for the free toy sake heee... Ultra pants is pull up pants is it?

grumpus, i m reading! hahahaha.. yes i think she has been to all the playgrounds! very happening mummy and baby!

now i hv alot more info on the few playgrounds tht i m planning to check out. say thanks to her for me
happy.gif

baby, i also buy for the free toy. my girl loves the kitchen sets when we went hokey pokey. i was thinking of buying one and i saw the huggies advert today. already went CS ordered the diapers and mailed out the form for the kitchen set this afternoon
happy.gif

yeah.. ultra pants is pull up pants.. $37.90 for 2 packs.

Panda
The hokey pokey no discount on wkends.. So wont be gg today.. $25 per bb v exp...
Will be gg to fidgets instead.... Wonder will it be v crowded there... Hmmm...

So disappointed on fidgets... Wouldnt want to go there again..
The place for toddlers 2 yrs and below is sooooo small... Nothing to play... And the one for 4yr and below also nothing much except for a small ball pit and the cars ride...
Dont know why it is rated the largest indoor playground in spore... Or is it other pl is even smaller?? Hmmm....

Panda
Today for lunch and dnr my girls eat out leh... Lunch they had tomato spag with breaded chicken over at fidgets then dnr we dine at cedele... They had fried brown rice with egg.. Also mushroom chicken soup with bread... Love cedele.. U can try bringing yr trio there...

Baby I find fidgets ok leh when I brought my gal there the last time , sufficient space for her to crawl around though not many toys.
Today we went hokey poKey, if is nice as brand new and with alot of toys. But my gal only interested in the ball pit and slide down into the ball pit. The rest of the toys not really keen. Hmmm.. We spent around 1 hr there n I joined the member. Maybe can bring her there once a while

Gan
Maybe cos now they are bigger and running.. I find the fidgets not much tins to play...
Hokey today crowded? So fast u sign up for member ah?

Tml im gg to zoo! Hope my girls will enjoy... Heee

Baby it is ok, not as crowded as Amazonia when we went. $38 membership is more worth than the $25 entry, so I signed up lor. Got 2 free entry and 6 free drinks

Panda when u bring ur trio out for meals, u bring ur own bowls? Or use the restaurant's coz I see so many bowls in the photos at gurney drive

baby
fidgets has the biggest toddler area already. the others like Amazonia, peek a boo, polliwogs r smaller

u can try hokey pokey or Royce's which is more of toys then playground style

Gan, I like to bring my own. I need one for d main course n one for fruits for each bb.. N they wanna play w the spOons to self feed keep dropping on d floor. So I always bring alOt of spoons n bowls.

Back