IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

grumpus, yeah i cook the ABC soup..now she is happily chewing on corn n drinking the soup... i m expecting she will refuse milk again tonight..

Panda
My girls too.. No appetite when sick.. I guess thats normal cos we adult will be like that too when we are sick..

Just keep trying to offer her small snacks?

How abt cold yogurt, icecream or fruits? Maybe the coldness will interest her? Cos her body v hot due to fever.. Some cold food may comfort her? I always give cold yogurt when the day is v hot...

I realise its impossible to separate the bbs when one fall sick.. I tried doing that.. Separate food, toys, rooms etc... No use.. The other still kena... So i dont bother to separate them...

gan, her fever still in the 38+ range on n off... hv to consistently giv meds.. no rashes on her hands n feet leh. but dr says got rashes on her body..which i cant see... :S

her gums still swollen..tmr will bring her let the male dr ang check.. tht day after was the female one.. she like v rushing n impatient...

Ya the Female dr Ang is very rush... We went to see her twice for constipation issue. Seen the male dr Ang before too, he is better.

If char prefers drinking the soup to water, just keep feeding her to keep her hydrated.

pandawife
maybe u chk if can give rice water. coz i know for adults, rice water is good if sick and cant take much food.

grumpus
wow u r the first mummy i come across who don't own any flashcards
happy.gif

Baby, my kids hv been seeing this male dr Ang since birth. He is v experience n elderly pd. I picked him coz he has lotsa experience w multiples. If u ask qns, he is always v willing to do detailed sharing n explanation. Only down side is he don't do jabs himself. I hv decided to bring my trio to polyclinic for the rest of their jabs n only see dr Ang when they r unwell to save costs. Otherwise each jab hv to pay $60x3 consultation on top of the jabs.

Pandawife
Hope your gal is feeling better. Next time if bb refuse to open mouth for meds, u can lie bb down with head tilted and pinch the nose a little, they will open mouth, natural reaction. Then straight away stick in the meds. I haven't need to use suppositories yet.

justfaith, pandawife, gan, baby,
can i chk if you know from your experience with maid agencies - eg if the maid arrives in sg earlier then are you able to fetch her home. say 10 days, cause not in town, no one at home to fetch maid home, will the maid agency charge you for having to keep the maid at their place?
thks

bubblybear/happy, thanks my girl is better..now low grade fever.. continuing her meds. din bring her back to PD coz dont want her to get poked unless necessary.

happy, i hv not encountered this before. but i know tht if we return a maid.. there is a charge per day until they find new employers.

haha, this thread all the 'old' mummies. no more 'mummies to be'

think the new mummies to be all migrated to another thead :p

i'm good
happy.gif

elder girl already 4 and young girl is 13.5 mths

u??

Panda/ Grumpus do u know which brand the fork is good for self feeding? Today my mum let my gal self feed
Using fork, our dessert fork. My gal seems to be able to manage to pick up the fruit and feed herself. So thinking of buying those forka for kids to let her self feed.

Happy I dun have the exp with maid
But I recalled my agency mentioned something like $15 per day if let her stay with agency

gan
no reason y u can't continue with the dessert fork. any kids fork will do actually. but get those with metal prongs cos plastic prongs very difficult to poke fruits

Grumpus ya I bot the avent fork n it is plastic, so not easy. Just now she used the dessert fork and managed to pick up n self feed. I m only worried the sharp edge wld cut /poke her

gan
ask long as u supervise her it should be ok. and she's sitting down n not running everywhere with the fork.

Susan/Grumpus
We lurking around, 'force' the new mummies elsewhere...oops.

Gan
I never bother to buy plastic cutleries, just start off with the stainless steel kids size ones and it will last a life time. Ikea has it. Ikea is good for accessories, practical and inexpensive. Can go and have a look.

Gan, my trio not using fork yet. My boys will put in their mouth to play like what they do w a spoon. So I m not introducing it yet. Fruits they use hands to eat. ;)

Baby how r you?? All ok there?

Mummies I need to buy some zzzz n energy. Last night all 3 take turns wake up n refuse my maids. 12-1 Linus, 2-330 lucas refuse to zzzz, n aft he finally KO, charlotte wOke up 3x crying for me! So shacked tht I just took them out for lunch.. Don't feel like cooking. Dinner just gav steam rice, omelette n apple soup.
sad.gif

pandawife
i bought those green avocadoes from ntuc. u are right, the outside very green but inside soft. I find it not so creamy. oh strangely it does not oxidise. i kept in the fridge overnight, it still look as like freshly cut.

Panda
Yo im here!
happy.gif

Didnt drop by here cos i went for a short getaway with my hb.. Left my girls at home with maid and mil...

Really need a break to recharge myself... So far so good.. My maid is handling well... I taught her 2 simple porridge recipe... Work out a schedule to follow...

Bought her some small gifts to thank her for her effort...

Hows char now? Ok liao?

U must be so shag out... Waking bb during night is a nightmare to all parents... If u can, park yr trio with yr mum pl so u can take a nap during the day? Else no way we can keep our energy up...

baby, wow, so nice! where did u go? so envy.. i hv no one to park d bbs with .. both my mum n mil quite old liao, cant handle night duties.. plus my maids always cannot wake up when bbs cry..

Char is better..she broke up roseola rashes after the fever sibsdied.. abit cranky..but much better than when she was having fever.

yeah..super shag.. i cant send them to my mum place coz my nephew is there. dont want him to catch anything from my trio. can only try to get whatever rest i can on wkends when hb is home.

Gan, soya no good for boys. girls ok
happy.gif

something to do w fertility...

char better..her rashes gone ..n eating like normal.. hv to go out, tmr sil's big day!

happyhippp, my agency charges $12 for parking our maid there. Supposedly these money will help to pay towards her meals etc.

baby, I was reading some old postings as I just came back from holidays 2 days ago.

You bought HPC already? Why don't you check out gmarket? It's cheaper and authentic.

Panda
I went bangkok...

I guess its easier for me cos i only have 2... And my maid can handle... She is quite good.. Can handle cooking, feeding, bathing, changing diaper all by herself... And she will do hsewk when my girls nap...
My mil dont do all these.. She only play with my girls...

I only ask her to cooking porridge for lunch and dnr will be cereal... Simple porridge... Rice millet with sweet potato and pork... Or rice millet with pumpkin and pork. Also ask her to blend fruits for bfast... And give bread...
Tea break is yogurt or banana...

Just faith
I hvt buy yet... How to know gmarket ones is authetic?

Baby how many days u r away? I love the shopping in Bangkok. Did u managed to buy nice stuff for ur princesses? I m looking forward to my hk trip in June.

Panda how did char got roseola?

Gan
4d3n... I bot some cute toys and some dresses...
Also bot fake clocs... Only $4 a pair.. Wana try see whether my girls will like it or not... Here no small sizes.. And also v exp... $70 a pair...

Baby I bot the baby crocs thru Internet, from us, cheaper. I think $19.95 usd. But now she can't wear Coz really small size but cute.

Baby, most of cousins and friends bought from gmarket. I paid for less than $70.... U can check the seller's review before placing order.

Gan, I also ordered online. When it arrived, my girl couldn't even wear it. Too small for her. So I buy n keep lor. Reluctant to give away. We went HK/Macau for 6d5n. My shoulders are still aching. Need to use plaster. Lol. Hope I can recover soon. The pain is terrible.

Just faith ur shoulders ache is due to carrying ur gal or too much shopping? Hehehe

Did u bring ur gal to Disney? Did she take the rides?

Gan, no lah! Where got time to shop? The ache was due to carrying of my girl lor. Cause I like to carry and whisper into her ears. especially when we visit ocean park. Inside was dark dark. Scared she trip n fall.

Yes we took her to Disney too. She was so happy to see Mickey n Minnie. She was happily playing their noses. When we carried her away, she cried until so Jia-lud. She thought she could bring those mascots home. After taking photo with each character, she will cry for more. So ke Lian. Yeap, we took most rides with her. HK Disneyland chicken feet lah. Half day can cover. Lol. Be careful when u bring yr girl to HK, alota mainlanders!!! Especially Ocean Park!!!!

hk Disneyland is very very suitable for young kids. my elder ha been twice already. next year we'll be bringing both girls
happy.gif

gan
the first time my elder girl went was at 13 mths. she enjoy the rides at tat moment only. but she cannot remember the trip at all. upside is can do more shopping cos just put her in the carrier n go. sleepy just sleep. we could shop late n then just carry her back sleeping to the hotel.
the 2nd time she was 2+ yrs old. she enjoy Disneyland much more n until now can remember the rides n shows. we couldn't shop much though cos she get bored. also not so easy for her to sleep on the go so we has to go back early most nights to let her sleep. hb n I take turns to go shopping at night

Gan, she really enjoyed herself during out trip. She could nap as early as 930am. Wake up at 11am. Go out, nap in stroller, for as long as 3hrs. When we went HK Disneyland, she was sleeping throughout the mtr ride. Guess she really enjoy herself very much. The weather was cooling.

During our trip, I didn't pat her to sleep. She slept on her own most of the time. Now come back, I let her sleep on her own. She will roll on the beds, until she find a comfortable spot and sleep.

Sorry to gatecrash. I'm from the IVF ICSI support group thread. Still cycling n hoping for a BFP. I'm wondering if any of u were with CARE, n if so whether u'd mind sharing ur experience at CARE with me. I'm contemplating switching over to CARE after a failed fresh n FET at KK. Thanks in advance!

Pandawife
Me too, shag. #2 also not well, has flu again, with the molars popping out, woke up many times too. 7am hand over shift to my mum and took 1 hr power nap before sending #1 to school. But not as bad as you, your kids is more sticky than superglue.

Just Faith/Grumpus
So does Mickey Mouse speak in Cantonese ?

Just faith/ grumpus, did u do a day trip to Disney or stay there? If staying, which hotel is better? Disneyland hotel or Disney hollywood?

Bubbly, our kiddos will be having molars now?

Back