IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Best_Twins, your mil is so dramatic one .... are you staying with her ? can't imagine if my mil is like her too, maybe I cannot tahan.

Hi
I tot is easy to work as temp job for a couple of months...but I gave up after working for 1 day. Really very tired lor....
I had not experienced long hours sitting infront of computer since I am pregnant... Yesterday after I day work, I feel that my back is breaking into pieces...then somemore got to learn alot of things...my mind just cannot work...
My family ask me not to stress myself so much since I had such hard time trying to conceive...so today i din go to work liao....
i feel myself getting very lazy n useless nowadays...

I think I will sit at home till i delivery, dun want my bb to stress with me....

Wanna ask if pregnant can take HL milk or yoghurt?
My friend told me not to take these but I love yoghurt lor...Any advise?

Stumbled by,

I have not visit that Jurong clinic yet, only next appt on 14 Sept whicj I will do the detailed scan at 21weeks. During yr 16 weeks at nuh,there wont be any scan, so wont get to know sex of bb so soon....now i am into 19 weeks this sat. i heard that pte hosp scan every visit....that y some get to know when they r 4 months....

By the way, I have not heard that cannot buy bb stuff at this stage....I already bought a few pcs of clothes for bb liao....First time MTB r always so excited de mah....somemore we r MTB whom had craved for bb for so long liao...

stumbled by - i also hv 2 jabs for my injection - pregnl and proluton. Both i believe are progestrone booster. On top of it, taking suppositories 3 times a day...alot of medicine hor...

rainbow,

my jab consists of HcG, that may have cause/worsen my MS..

Li Yen,

its good that they don scan too frequent. my mum keep saying is it harmful for the baby to scan so frequently ? Cos now i am being scanned like once every 2 weeks... Oh, so u havent had any scan since week 16 ?

qoo/twinsmom,

i used to cook last time. but now i cant stand the smell of food(ie cooking), and cant stand the sight of food too! So no way i can cook. thus i am putting up at my mum's place to enjoy her cooking everyday. I also need to eat very frequently yet i dont like to eat. only eat little amount every time.

twinsmom, my MS is okay as in i dont puke that often. but i always have the urge to 'make that puke sound' and also 'urge to burp'. can be quite frustrating if i cant burp..my stomach still has the cramp and bloated feelings... u said u had that too, did it stop after 1st trimester ? (u are nearing the end of 1st trimester right)

qoo, u din tell your MIL about your pregnancy ? I told her cos i felt she will be hurt if i only tell her after 1st trimester..

didi,
no i m not staying with mil(Thank god) but she comes to my place almost everyday (horrible) ever since ET. Well, after all she's also excited for her first grandchildren which she was longing for years
happy.gif

Liyen,
I thot pregnant women should take a lot of yogurt and milk, I think shouldnt be a problem.
Rest well and enjoy your pregnancy dont worry abt working now.

Stumbled by,
good to hear that ur ms is not that bad at least u can eat something. For me my ms seem to have gone since last week but i feel very scared why suddenly everything stopped. It really makes me insecure and imagine all kinda things. Now praying hard that my twins will be sound and safe during my next scan.

Chloe,
how are u sweetie? Didnt see u yesterday. Oh was it ur scan yesterday? Hope u already knew the gender of ur little darlings. I cant wait to know too.....waiting for ur reply
happy.gif

Stumbled by,

I have not scan since the NT scan done on week 12, so dun know the growth of bb till now.
Ya only first 12 weeks u scan very frequently, after that u will miss seeing yr little ones...
My tummy din grow alot, just by 2-3 inches, but weight increased very fast but constant lor... People seeing me cant tell I am pregnant, look fat only...
When is yr last jab? Taking both jab at one time is very x,hor? On ur week 12 NT scan, need to pay total $350, due to several blood test n medicine. I remembered I was drawn 4 tubes of blood. Ya remembered when u do the urine test on week 12, they will ask u to collect the urine in a container. Must collect the mid stream de n drink lots of water b4 the collection. That time, I din drink much water n no one instruct me how to collect, and end up my result was not good n has to repeat again on next visit (extra cost).Most impt u must clean the area b4 collection of urine.(which I din do too)

Best_twins
Thanks.
My friend advised me to take milk which is in powdered form only not the chilled type. But sometimes I also craved for cold milk lor...
Eat as much when u can eat, dun worry so much so u wont be so stress...When u r happy ur babies will be happy too...
When is ur next scan ?

Stumbled by,

I have not scan since the NT scan done on week 12, so dun know the growth of bb till now.
Ya only first 12 weeks u scan very frequently, after that u will miss seeing yr little ones...
My tummy din grow alot, just by 2-3 inches, but weight increased very fast but constant lor... People seeing me cant tell I am pregnant, look fat only...
When is yr last jab? Taking both jab at one time is very x,hor? On ur week 12 NT scan, need to pay total $350, due to several blood test n medicine. I remembered I was drawn 4 tubes of blood. Ya remembered when u do the urine test on week 12, they will ask u to collect the urine in a container. Must collect the mid stream de n drink lots of water b4 the collection. That time, I din drink much water n no one instruct me how to collect, and end up my result was not good n has to repeat again on next visit (extra cost).Most impt u must clean the area b4 collection of urine.(which I din do too)

Best_twins
Thanks.
My friend advised me to take milk which is in powdered form only not the chilled type. But sometimes I also craved for cold milk lor...
Eat as much when u can eat, dun worry so much so u wont be so stress...When u r happy ur babies will be happy too...
When is ur next scan ?

Hi all,

Just a quick update. I have had elective C-section on 18 Aug (37 weeks) and delivered the twins weighing 2.47 (twin 1) and 2.78 (twin 2)kg. They of good size and healthy. No special care required. However, was discharged on Mon with Twin 1 only as Twin 2 needs to stay for jaundice. Then on Tue, Twin 1 was warded for jaundice. However, both are able to discharge today. Going to pick them up soon.

Will update again when I have the time!!

tch,

tho i don know u, i'd like to congrats u ! Your busy journey has just begun...

best_twins,

what about crampy and bloated feeling at tummy ? Do u still have it ? Good to hear your MS has stopped! I certainly look forward to it..

li yen,

thanks for informing me beforehand. will take note when the scan is near week 12. but i noticed sometimes the scan is not exactly at that week..so to play safe, i better drink more water before seeing him...haha...

wow..so u are almost 5months. my mum said last time she needs to put on new clothing at 5months so i guess around this time, people will either think u are fat or pregnant ;p but if rest of your body (hands/leg) is still slim, cant be fat right..heehee..unless u hide those parts.

u have bloated feelings in initial months ? Now this is my most 'persistent' symptom. hope that it will subside later on cos i cant imagine myself feeling bloated for nine months ;(

yes...the jab can amount to $1K+ by the end of first trimester. its been twice a week since i first tested +ve...

Liyen,
my next scan is in two weeks time, huff...the waiting never ends liao!

stumbled by
I dont have crampy and bloated feeling anymore but my tummy is tight and big la. I got wierd pains at times like shooting pain, pulling pain and others which i dont know how to explain leh.

tch,
CONGRATS!!!!!!!
496167.gif
496168.gif
496169.gif
496170.gif
Lets celebrate the arrival of two cutie pies.......

U take care of urself and the little one k....

Dear all,

I"m back again...and congrats tch on your newborn..happy for you that your twins are of good weight and size..

Best_Twins, so sorry to read abt your lost, but it's good that you are strong and positive..and welcome to the twins club.

And for the many other newcomers, congrats and take very good care of yourself.

As for me, have been working non stop, over weekends and late nights every day. Sometimes I think I'm not a good mum..dun understand why I'm such a workaholic. Went for scan and baby size ok, but they dun really kick much...

Actually few days ago, my hubby told me he is not prepared for the kids...I'm so sad to hear that cos we are eagerly trying for the past 5 years. Guess he is too stressed with his work..

Stumbled By
After 1st scan then will inform PIL next week. I can't wait to break the good news to her also, as she been waiting for years. She will be very very happy
happy.gif
I asked my hubby to tell her not to tell anyone, only after 4th month.

Chloe/twinsmom/stumbled by
During 1st trimester, how regular we need to go for scan? 6th week, 8th week, 10th week, 12th week? Afternoon will feel very sleepy and keep yawning in the office. Want to feel vomit also but nothing come out. Now whatever I eat, my mouth feel so bland / tasteless.

tch
Congrats
happy.gif
Two cutie cutiees.. Enjoy your motherhood journey
happy.gif

hi tch

Congratulations!!! Wow, envy u, can tahan until 37 months!! How i wish i can make it to the 30+ mark!!

humble, i stayed at my mom's place, no internet access. Just came home.
happy.gif

qoo, hey, excited leh... must keep us informed after u see dr in malaysia ok? i see dr every 2 weeks due to high risk pregnancy. Every visit, he will do a scan.

gals, an update on my review. Babies are well, 16weeks now, about 10cm. One of them is a boy, one suspected to be a boy, and one is a big question mark cos he/she was not coorperative (backfacing us). Now hubby keeps teasing me that all are boys... urgh... i hope at least got one gal else cannot buy nice picky clothes liao. Hopefully will see more clearly during the next scan. Watever gender, still my babies, and i love them all.
happy.gif

winter1,
welcome back after a long time, how many months are u now? Dont work late night la....U need to rest a lot u know, I was reading a book on multiple pregnancy yesterday it says we need to take naps and need plenty of rest, if cant take naps at least have early night u know!

I was also reading abt what husbands go thru while their wife is preggie with twins or more, it says that many are not prepared and take longer time to attach to the babies, they say it could also be due to increased financial and other responsibilitis at one go. It also adds that some hbs are afraid what would life be like after having two or more addition to the family.

Talk to ur hubby on how desperate u two were to make these lovely babies, get him to be with u during delivery, I m sure he will be a great father after seeing wat his wife had to go thru to have lovely little gals. I was reading that this is the time the fathers bond with their babies immediately.

Hey u dont worry ok, just give him some time to adjust to the new life.

I read that the babies may not be kicking and be active all the time so may be ur babies were resting during scan, may be boys are more active than gals hehe...just kidding, hmmm...may b u r gonna have two sweet gals who are gentle and caring towards mummy!

chloe,
ICIC, I like the way u describe things its sooo interesting to read..haha...

Good its comfirm u got one boy, hope the noti little one who was turning the other side is a gal.

In my hbs family none has gals, the whole family is filled with boys, even my hubby has no sisters, so everyone is praying for atleast one gal. They will be overjoyed if two gals, my hb always tells me he wants princess but he will fine even if both are boys. Like u said, all that matter is healthy babies now.

qoo,
For me, I saw doc in week 6, 8, 12. My next app is in week 15 so i think each doc have their own schedule but have read that for multiples the doc must see us every two weeks like chloe.

Stumbled by,
My whole body put on weight at the same time, cos i put on 7kg in first trimester. Last month I put on 3kgs in a month...alot right..?
I am also worry abt my weight increased but Prof Wong never mentioned anything.
Everytime I told him I put on this much he just said ok...Really puzzle me...
I had bloatness since I done the ET. Now the bloated is only after a meal but can feel is getting less severe as compared to first trimester. Think this is normal.

Hi winter1,
R u abt 7 months already?
Do u feel yr babies kicking u very often?
I have not feel anything yet and now around 19 weeks.

Hi Chloe,
Did yr gynae said that at 16 weeks, fetus should be around what size, is 10cm just the right size?
Cos I read some book that estimated that 16 weeks should be 16cm. As I din scan during my 16 weeks so I am quite curious abt this.

Hi tch,
Congratulation to u...
Have u selective the names for yr babies?

Hi gals,
Does IVF pregnancy always has an earlier delivery before EDD? If is a singleton, will it last till weeks 40?
I know normally twins/triple will be few weeks earlier.Any cases that u known can share?
Thanks...

Hi Twinsmom, may I know for the 6 weeks scan, did Dr Loh do a tummy-scan or V-scan ? and from there what can he tell ? no. of babies ? thanks

was at mum's place past week & back on tues nite...

best_twins, pls take care...
happy.gif

Congrats qoo_gal..... can't wait for scan right... :p

Congrats tch on the delivery of ur twins....
happy.gif

Hi didi,
I had both tummy and V scan during the sixth week but after that only tummy scan.

Rae,
Thanks! we really miss u la....How's bby doing? when can u know the gender? I cant wait to know my bbies gender liao!

li yen

PC wong has seen almost the world so things like putting on weight he wun say anything..even my symptoms such as light brown discharge, bloated feelings, he said 'ok'..

wow...u put on 7KG in first trimester. another fren told me two theories : If u dont have MS (due to the jabs) then u will put on weight. Else if u have MS then u may not put on as much weight. from what u said, u don have MS in first trimester so the jabs probably cause u to put on more weight than normal....so dont be too 'worried' by your weight increase.

i am in week 8+ now n so far i put on less than 1KG ? and I have MS...so maybe i am the latter case. Cant wait for the jabs to stop! i really look forward to feeling normal again..

didi/qoo,

mine is V scan all this while (at week 5 and 7). anyway, used to V scan after all the IVF and IUIs scanning.....hiaks..last time need to pee before scanning. now don need already :X

Hi Gals

I've been reading this thread since I was tested +ve on 31 July. The support you give each other is unbelievable. I'm currently living overseas [moved to east kalimantan in May]and was back for my scan [6+ weeks] on Monday. I was delighted to see a sac with a little heart fluttering.

As we had two embryos transferred and my HCG readings were quite high [530 after 2ww and 1572 3 days later], my hubby and I [even my PIL] thought we were expecting twins. However after the scan and seeing only one sac, I wondered what happened to the other embryo? Have anyone of you heard of high HCG but expecting singleton? I read somewhere on the thread that someone managed to see more sacs after their first scan. Did they detect the sacs during or after the first scan? Sorry to be asking so many questions.

PS- You gals keep me sane and take away my loneliness [my hubby travels quite a bit]
happy.gif

Eve_R,
Welcome to the thread! Congrats on your BFP!!!!

I think there are many women who have high hcg and had only singleton. For those who have multiples it is possible to see one heart beat during week six and another starting to beat by 8 weeks or so, but in almost most cases they were able to see the other sacs aswell during the 6th week scan. The embryo that has not implanted will usually get absorbed by our body. This wat i know, may someone else be able to give you more detailed answer.

My hubby also travels frequently and i find the sisters here of great support, dont worry we are here, just post here whenever u feel lonely k...

take care!

Dear Chloe, Twinsmom, stumbledby, raetan, and other sisters

Last nite went for a scan, arrive airport at 10.10pm and tau pau some vege soup when reach. Went home and put luggage and eat vege soup. Went to clinic around 11.15pm.

Doc do V-scan around 8 minutes(i'm around 5 weeks plus now) and ..... I'm so nervous. Before scan, he keep asking my mum to come in. Then only when my mum come in, then he start his scan). First, he scan 1st bb, then he say, well, this is no.1, let us move the other side, then this is no.2. Doc says "Congrats you have TWINS !!"
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
Then he scan again, and we saw two sacs/embries. Too early for heartbeat. Need to come back again three weeks later (during 8th week). So be flying back again here!

It's rather late last nite, and doc needs to put his kids to bed. As I got list of questions to ask him, and need to go back again today to ask him.

Zillion thanks to all sisters here, as u all had been very supportive since my treatment till now.

Hi twinsmom
Thanks thanks thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif
But I can't hear bb heartbeat yet. As we been praying for twins and happy that our prayers been answered. I told my hubby around 12.30am, and he very very happy
happy.gif

Hi twinsmom

Thanks for the info. We are still happy and contented with having a singleton but twins will be great as they can grow up together and have companionship.

Hubby's travelling again tomorrow
sad.gif
and he is out all day today with biz associates. Think my phone bill is gonna be very high as I kept calling home [Singapore]. Anyway, am glad that I have you gals to chat with.

Hi qoo

Congrats! Will keep my fingers crossed for you that you'll see two healthy hearts beating on your next scan.

Take care all..

Eve_R,
So u r a singaporean living in kalimantan, am i rite? where did u do ur ivf? singpaore? which hospital?

Me too always calling hubby as and when want to my hp bill is usually very high, haizz...no choice la...during this time we feel like being with hubby more u see.

Hey dont worry abt the number of babies, all that matters is healthy baby ok...

so what is life like in kalimantan?

qoo, dont worry la...since its only 5weeks + its too early...just wait for 3 more weeks...the waiting never ends tho! haha...

Twinsmom,

Yap, I'm a Singaporean living in a town called Balikpapan, east of Kalimantan. I did my IVF in Singapore at Mt E. My doctor was recommended by my gynae after we tried for 4+ yrs. We are very lucky and blessed that we succeeded on our first attempt. Right now, I have to fly back monthly for my check-ups.

As I'm nearly 36, I thought it would be great for me to have "2 at a go" but you're very right. Now, I just have to focus on taking good care of myself and let the baby grow healthily in me
happy.gif

Life in Kalimantan is very simple. No big malls and cinemas. There are 2 supermarkets here but thing aren't very fresh all the time. We also have a few shops that sell frozen meat from Aus and NZ where most of us here get our meat supply. For fish, chicken and veg, I normally send my maid to get them from the local wet market. One consolation about living here is my house is in a complex near the beach. The surrounding is kinda peaceful and quiet.

At times I feel very bored and lonely [as all my family is in S'pore] and always look forward to my hubby being home. To past time, I read lots of novels but lately, I can hardly keep my eyes open in the afternoon. Plus, i almost ran out of books liao [1 left]. Think I need to go to the bookshop next time I'm back.
happy.gif

It's been a great pleasure talking to you... You, too, must look after yourself ok...

Eve_R
icic! hmmm...i think i like the kinda place u r describing, I usually like quiet and peaceful places and love to be by myself. I cant stand hectic places and lots of buildings, haha...dont think many singaporean will like what i like. I wish i were u, hehe...

I too like to read a lot last time, but now dont know what happened to me dont feeling reading at all, always thinking of babies liao.

U take care too....great chatting with u 2!!!!!!!
498827.gif
I m off for a walk now...

Qoo

Kong Xi kong xi... great to have twins hoh.. so excited for you.

Eve_R

Big congrats to you for your succeed on your 1st attempt. Take good care of yourself.

Have something to share with you. You can cut down totally on your phone bill if your family in Singapore has internet, both of you can log in to www.skype.com and create an user id for yourself, (it is very user friendly, just click "download" and follow the steps as instructed). Then you can talk to them by using headphone/speaker. Don't worry the reception is very very clear, even clearer than hand phone leh, AND IT IS TOTALLY F_R_E_E.
happy.gif

And I guess you will need a lot of support from your family esp at this point of time. So you can TALK AND TALK without worrying your bill..

Take care, mom-to-be.

Best Regards
Koala

Hi Koalatree

Thanks for your well wishing and the info on Skype. Am already using it but not all my family members are on it. Plus, it's clearer to talk to them on the phone than skype as the connection from here is not always very good. Once again, thanks. Will look after myself. You take care too.

Hi twinsmom

I like living here as well as it is more lay back and the pace of living is slower [doesn't mean my hubby has lesser work stress as there are lots of "local Mafias" here and things are not as transparent as S'pore].

Just a suggestion. I think you should try reading again as it would take you mind away from the worries that MTBs might have. Personally, I love to read Nichalos Sparks books, in fact I've read all his novels already. Can't believe a man can write such romantic stories... Recently I am hooked on to Susan Elizabeth Philips' books. They can be quite funny, easy to read and Juicy... There are a few other authors that are good as well, eg Susan Lewis.

Better go for a quick walk before it get really dark [here it starts getting dark by 6pm instead of 7pm].

Take care all..

Hi Twinsmom,

Thank you for sharing what you read..Ya I think I've to be understanding of what my hubby is going through now..

You have always been comforting and have been there for me and the rest from our IVF procedures and throughout the pregnancy...thank you so much..
It's good to have all the support here

LY, I"m into my 27th weeks, dun really feel much kick..probably cos my skin too thick..
happy.gif

And Blue Rabbit, maybe we will be delivering at almost the same time (since twins earlier)..the next in line will be Verona followed by us right ..so exciting.

Qoo and Eve-R, congratulations to both of you too

hi all,

still feel bloated and a bit grouchy due to all the discomfort. i need to eat like every 2 hours but i throw out at times...hiaz...must find ways to keep myself happy...how ah ?

didi,

how's your status..sorry has not been following 2WW as i am not very well recently ? I saw the heartbeat at week 7..

qoo,

congrats! I was 'worried' for u cos u put in 4 embbies. 2 is just ideal....manageable
happy.gif
so are u switching to s'pore doc ?

Hi,

I am so happy.... Finally get to feel my bb movement liao... It can be slight discomfort leh especially when bb contiune moving for awhile...

stumbled by,
Cant help u leh....try out different food n see wat u like to eat...
Do u eat sour plum?

Hi Qoo,
Congratulation that is twins...hopefully is 1 boy & gal each...
May I ask which hospital in Malaysia that u went to? Izzit in JB, cos I din follow up at 2ww so not very sure abt ur status...
I heard from the other thread that 4D scanning in Malaysia is cheaper....U know the price?

HELLO ALL,

Long time never come in here liao and quite a few newcomes...
kao_welcome.gif

Best_Twins,
I'll try to consolidate a list when I hv more time during this or next weekend, hope u can wait. Wow... frankly speaking I never expect to spend so much $$ for just 1 child... imagine u hv multiples
happy.gif

Winter1,
I'm looking forward to see my bb gal soooo much. Now that I'm in my 7th month alr, even more so.

So far, my bb is growing normally and the amniotic fluid is ok, just that my placenta is not moving up at all. If by 9th month still low, I'll hv to go c-section. Now at 7th month, I hv managed to put on 4.8kg, considering quite good. I hope that I can keep to a max of 10kg or less
happy.gif

hi gals

How's everyone? me staying at my mom's place for the past few days, no internet access, so no chance to login.

Just to check, i've not been drinking well, so urine is yellow and very smelly. Anyone got smelly urine? Smells sour and acidic... Can't drink much cos of the bloatedness... dunno how...

wow qoo, twins are cool man!!! congrats!
happy.gif

blue rabbit, wow so fast, 7th month liao, ie 28 weeks?? hey, i heard that once reach 28th week hor, more and more safe liao. Envy u, me still a long way to go... i've been trying to work out my future expenses, and u are right, really got to tighten my belt... everything needs money... caregiver, allowance to parents, and not to forget still got to put aside some savings for the rainy days... aiyoh, never feel so broke before.

stumbled by, how about eating sandwiches or food that is dry eg. burgers? Those food worked on me previously cos i cannot stand the smell of cooking oil and garlic, which are the main ingredients in most asian food. haha... hubby was joking that my kids are kandang kids. Wat's more impt is u are eating something.

twinsmom, how are things getting on at ur side? Babies been obedient?

Btw gals, my MIL told me metro having sales, selected items at 20% discount. My MIL saw baby shirt, for 0-3 months, selling at $5.90 before discount. Cheap or not har? Btw, i just discovered that baby trousers are sold separately!!! All along thought that shirt + trousers, 1 set at 1 price. haha...

Hi all,
sorry really no mood lately to post or do anything, simply lazy la...

winter,
I m only glad to be able to support each other here, u r always welcome! wo...27 weeks liao! soon u will hav the two bundles of joy in your hands.

Eve_R,
Actaully after reading your posts i took some books and tried to read but my mind keep going to bbies again haha...so borrowed more baby care books from library and reading now. Hope u r feeling great today. Take care!

Blue rabbit,
Thanks a lot, no worries take your time dear! me still did not put on even 100 grams hehe...

chloe,
me doing ok la...just feeling very tired and lazy may be hehe...

all twins and triplet mtbs,
I have started a thread for 06/07-twins and triplet mtbs thread in "2006 and later mummys" board so do drop by to meet more multiple mtbs like us....

Cheers!

Hi Twins-mom,
Have not been reading this thread for a while. Thanks for all the helpful contributions from you and the others on this thread.

Where can i find the twins thread you just started (is it starting with IVFxxx or Twinsxxx)? i'm expecting twins too and would like to join...
happy.gif

Twins_mom,
Please ignore my earlier post. Paiseh for the silly questions...i finally found the twins thread you mentioned. I know what you mean now when you mentioned that it's in another board...hee hee...wasn't that familiar with the website and thought it will be located in the same place this IVF thread...
embarrassed.gif

Hello all,

Today I'm on MC at home, so hv time to login... juz to share with all MTBs of the items that I bought for my bb's nursery...

1. Baby cot with comforter set (upgraded with extra thick comforter set) - $388
2. BB car seat - $138
3. Rocking chair for BF - $248
4. Avent Isis IQ Duo - $799
5. Avent food warmer - $56
6. Avent steam steriliser - $135
7. BB cot mobile - $104
8. Avent storage bottles x 4 - $19
9. BB bath set (shampoo, shower gel, lotion, powder) x 2 - $21
10. Pigeon laundry powder x 2 - $12
11. Pureen BB wipes x 8 = $24
12. Bathing mat x 2 - 15
13. 4 sets of bb clothes - $30
14. Towels x 5 - $6
15. Cotton wool ball/buds x 5 - $11
16. Pigeon hooded towel (use when bringing bb home) - $10
17. Pigeon breast pad (a box of 44) - $9
18. BB sarong sling - $45
19. Liquid cleanser x 2 - $40
20. 2nd hand bb stroller - $100
21. Mustela Nappy rash cream x 2 - $22
22. Avent nipple cream - $16
23. Mini fans for bb x 2 - $13
24. Registration for storage of bb's cord blood - $578
25. Huggies pampers x 2 - $25

These r only the minimum that I bought as my MIL and SIL gave me lots of stuff... like hand-me-downs, towels, hankies, bb bath basin and others.
I bought all these items during the GSS and the recent Taka bb fair, so save a little here and there lor.

wow blue rabbit, thanks for the list, looks like u are more or less prepared for ur baby's arrival.
happy.gif

Gals, just to check. Wat should we use to wash baby's clothes? Can use normal washing powder or are there any special ones that are for babies? blue rabbit, i notice u bought baby's laundry powder, is it for washing baby's clothes?

Wow, blue rabbit, looks like you have spent a bomb of baby's items. Btw, just curious what is a Avent Isis IQ duo ?

Blue_rabbit,
Thanks soo much for the list, really helpful to us in deciding. Looks like i m gonna be spending allx2 haha...poor hubby!

Hi blue rabbit,

So envy u leh only put on so little weight... So is yr tummy very big already?
I am only 20 weeks now but weight increase over 13kg liao...haha...cannot control...

I am also curious wat is Avent Isis IQ Duo & BB cot mobile?
The nipple cream is apply after after birth?

Thanks

Avent Isis... is it the breast pump?

cot mobile... is it come in pair, something like intercom, one to be put at the baby cot and the other can be put in mommy's room. When baby cries, mommy can hear from the intercom at her own room.

haha... my guess correct or not?

chloe/LY,
Must use bb laundry powder as it's less harsh for bb's skin which is very sensitive and delicate
happy.gif
... same for the cleanser to wash bb's milk bottle/teats. Remember not to use the normal detergent we use for ourselves for our babies, their skin and tummy won't be able to take the chemicals.

Avent Isis IQ Duo is the latest model for breast pump... it's double breast pump so can save time for me when I go back to work. It can be operated by power/battery/hand.

Cot mobile is the toy that can be fix on the bb's cot and hangs over to stimulate bb's eyesight
happy.gif
I bought one that has being research and invented by Japanese... that why so exp...
sad.gif

Nipple cream is to be applied after BF to prevent crack/sore nipples
happy.gif

Best_Twins,
U r most welcome... hope my list can give all MTBs an idea what to buy and the cost too
biggrin.gif

Back