IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

hi humble

i will be doing the scan next week. Will be week 16 by then, but dunno whether can tell the gender yet... depends whether they are well developed and babies are cooperative.
happy.gif

The pain very terok hor. i find it worse at night. Sometimes i can moan and moan till i fall into sleep. i notice that for 1st batch of urine of the day, that part also pain and crampy leh... but after emptying the bladder, tends to get much better... Thot i kena UTI again, but tested ok leh... Seems like i am getting a lot of mixed signals, now i cannot even tell which organ is causing the pain. i din lose any weight, gained 1kg in 1st trimester. But hor, 2nd trimester like gain weight lagi faster. Within 2 weeks, i think i gained another 1 kg liao. But i dun really eat much. i only eat 3 meals in small proportion, no appetite for anything in between. Really envy some MTBs, can eat and eat. Started drinking mamilmama 2 days ago, find it very nice, vanilla flavor. Once u can tolerare milk, should try.
happy.gif

hi stumbled by

i heard the measurement all depends on the position of the baby, ie. how curled up he/she is. Sometimes they tend to curl up more, so measurement from head to the buttoms will be shorter. Sorry, can't advise u much cos i've not come across similar case like urs. Did the dr mention anything? If dr said it is ok, then dun worry, should be alright.
happy.gif

hi all,
Just came back from the clinic, we saw only two bbies in the scan today, another one had vanished (the smaller one). It was very painful at first but i know everything happens for a reason. Oops! Its me humble here, I am going to change my username to twinsmom.

I have always wished for twins but i m sad that it had to happen this way, now I m praying hard that the remaining two bbies will stay strong and healthy until its time for them to come out.

chloe, trips and verona, please dont be discouraged by my case, my 3rd bby had always been behind the other two in development.

I m ok gals, I dont want to talk or think about what happend thats why the new name.

Take care gals!

Twins_mom
Take care! Will pray for healthy bbs for you
happy.gif

Chloe/STumbled By/Twins_mom

I had cancelled my appt with Dr SF Loh. Called my Msia doc and tell him the good news and this morning I did another test and yes, it's +ive. This is the official date that doc gave me. He advise me not to go to any doc for scan/blood test , or etc at this moment. Yes, after tested +ive, it's 4weeks.

First scan will be on 6th week. As my progesterene capsules is finishing on next Friday, had confirm flying back to Msia for 1st scan (6th week at that time) and also collect the medicines for two mths supply.

My doc assures me it's totally safe to travel during 1st trimester. I will be going back on Friday nite and come back on Sunday evening. It's just a short trip. But had discuss with hubby just now, and he also agree that initia scan/check up should be done by Msia doctor and need to fly back twice a month for check up /scan till 2nd trimester.

Phew....it's really hectic leh, but for bbs nvm
happy.gif

twins_mom

Sorry to know abt that, but do stay strong, we are always here to support you.

Take good care of yourself.

Best Regards
Koala

qoo and Koala,
Thanks for the prayer, i really need them badly now!

qoo,
If your doc said travelling is safe during the first trimester then should be ok, do u go to KL airport cos I m worried the airport is too big and u got to do a lot of walking. I think u can ask for a wheel chair if dont want to walk.

take care

hi twins_mom

i am sad to hear wat has happened, but like u said, the past is too painful to recollect... So, u've made a wise choice to just let it pass and move on.

Sometimes, it's God's will, and watever that has happened, He has a plan for everyone. For the sake of the rest of ur babes, take care and stay positive. u are not alone, we are here to support u. Take care, buddy.

twins_mom, my consolation...but as u said whatever happens for a reason.

I have been through carrying twins myself and it's really not easy...imagine having to carry triplets...so you are probably better off with twins..

BTW, I have reached 37weeks and have schedule a C-section tomorrow last morning..

thanks xinyu, chloe and tch.

chloe,

Dont be sad ok, u must be cheerful and happy like u r always.

tch,
Great u have made it to 37 weeks, all the best and happy & smooth delivery tomorrow. Take care and keep us posted when u r ready.

Hi Twinsmom,
Sorry to hear about it...do take care of yourself and your twins! Your babies need you to be strong and happy. Like what the other MTBs said, you have our prayer and support. *hug*

tch,
Congrats in advance for tomorrow!!

tch
Wow, congrats and all best for tomorrow.
Update us when u are available.

Twinsmom
I don't have to go to KL airport, and mine airport is relatively small and not much walking required. Come out from departure hall and walking distance less than 3 mins to carpark. U must take good care leh.

Thank u all!

U gals are amazing, I would never be anywhere than here, I m feeling fine now and am looking forward to enjoying this pregnancy more from now on.

Remember gals, u all are always on my prayers too.....God bless all of us!

Best_Twins,
Don't think too much... u r very lucky in a way, u still hv ur twins, many ladies out there who tried IVF/IUI didn't even make it this far. So we all here r really lucky. Rest well and don't let this affect u, 1st tri is very critical and concentrate on reaching each milestone along the pregnancy journey, u will feel happier this way.

twinsmom,

sorry to hear what happened....u mean it just vanished without any trace ? Perhaps that was the reason of your rush of brown discharge last Sunday (?)

yes, i also agreed u still have another 2 bb to carry. Its easier to carry twins than triplets...

PS- which week are u now ?

blue rabbit,
thanks dear! u r rite, we are really lucky! so how many months are u now? U were telling about the low lying placenta how is it now? wil u be going for natural or c-section? Take care...

stumbled by,
I think i m in week 11, I always get confused of which week am i now. U take care, first trimester is very crucial like the other sisters say.

chloe,
Did u hear of the book "when u r expecting twins, triplets and quads" I heard its a very good book and those who are carrying multiples should read it, i tried NLB but they only have the old edition. any idea where to get it?

qoo,
Its good that u dont have to walk much, take care please!

xinyu, hui and koalatree, Hope u gals are doing well and the tmt is going as planned, I'll drop by in cycle buddies thread soon. Good luck k...

twinsmom,
If i can't find them in bookstores here, I usually purchase my books on www.acmamall.com which delivers for free if you purchase more than S$80. Also min 10% discount for online members.

Found the book you mentioned...is this the one? There are a few with similar titles:
http://www.acmamall.com/rethink.books?id=1f0e3dad99908345f7439f8ffabdffc4&ncache=82f01508bc1dbe42413263b6782b9825&pid=1318927

Before i buy any books, i usually go to another website (amazon.com) to read the reviews, 'cos sometimes the editors and readers post their helpful comments there. But not worth buying books from them as the shipping is quite exp. Only their dvds are cheap for our region.

Kinokuniya Singapore has their own website too but only shows whether they have the stock or not; no reviews.

Twinsmon - take care and be strong.

tch - all the best for your delivery tmr.

Went for checkup 2 days ago and can hear the bb heartbeat. First hurdle crossed but doctor said is not out of danger yet....must wait till wk 12 -14 to stablise.

Recently, not much appetite and don't know what to eat. Started eating some junk food just now and rootbeer. How often do u gals go for your checkup? Mine is every 2 weeks but still need to do injection every 3 days.

Hv not been drinking milk. Only drank milo. Hubby boought enfamama for me but hv not tried. Has anyone tried before?

Dr has given me another 2 weeks mc to rest but hv been away from office for so long...felt so bad for my colleagues who hv to cover for me. Any working MTB here?

choco_latte,
thanks for the info will check out the website. Post your details if you want to join the list cos I m gonna update it. How many weeks are u now? Where did u do ur cycle? sorry if i had missed ur details earlier.

Edel & hui,
thanks and take care!

hi twinsmom

no... not read this book before. Let me check out the review, if good, then may consider to buy.
happy.gif

rainbow, i started mamilmama earlier this week. i like it, tastes very nice, i bought the vanilla flavored one. Aiyah, dun worry about work now, and no need to feel bad. Colleagues should help out one another mah, and anyway, no one is indispensible in the company. Just relax and rest well.
happy.gif

Best_Twins,
Sorry to hear the news....
Hope that u r fine n well....
It fated lor....but u are indeed lucky...still have twins mah...As long as babies are healthy is more impt...cos u mentioned that the third one is smaller in size, right?
U rest well and after your first trimester is over should be very safe le....
I also has a friend (doing ivf) whom detected twins at early stage but later became singleton.

Rainbow7,
Is not very good to drink soft drink at this stage leh..try to avoid if possible, if u like sweet drinks can take honey or ribena drinks. Junk food are not healthy, try taking cheese if u dun like milk...
Presently I am taking Anmum as I quite like the taste, not so sweet lor...

After resting for 4 months,I had just found a temp job starting from next week till nov/dec... now feeling very excited & abit worried...

rainbow7,
try to eat some healthy snacks like nuts, rice crackers, fruits, cheese, sandwiches etc. I had horrible time deciding what to eat in the beginning cos i dont like anything. Looks like i m getting better for the past two days, i was able to eat some of my favourite foods and also snack some nuts and fruits. Hopefully it gets better and better and i gain my lost weight.

I bought anmum when i first found out pregnant, I like the taste but think i developed lactose intolerance (hope the term is correct), now i cant take any milk or milk products.

chloe,
I like anmum but i cant drink it yet, wil try again in 2 days time to see if i can take it. Do u think it would help to change the brand and see whether i can take it??? Doctor has given me calcium and fish oil tablets in addition to folic acid and progestrone, so now got lots of tabs to take. I hate the calcium tab its so huge and ugly looking.

Liyen,
thanks! Good that u found a temp job, it really helps to pass time easily. I m lazing around and watching tv the whole day (really boring).

hi twinsmom

Not sure whether u will prefer other brands... really depends on individual. But since u have lactose intolerance, will u still have the same prob when u switch brand? Maybe like u say lor, try the anmum when u think u are ready and see how. At least u are ok with anmum's taste right?

Must take calcium esp if u not drinking milk. Lucky u can still take cheese.
happy.gif
Before i started with milk, my dr asked me to take 2 calcium tabs every morning. i dropped to 1 tab after going on milk. i was not given fish oil tablets, but i am given iron tabs, 1 tab every night. As for folic acid, i still continue 1 tab every morning. No more progesterone tabs for me cos i taking progesterone jabs twice a week. Btw, if u happen to be taking iron tabs later on, remember cannot take together with calcium tabs, cos they cancel out each other. heehee... my calcium tabs look ok leh, white in color, as for size, so long smaller than panadol is ok for me.
happy.gif

chloe,
thanks, soo kind of u take take time to find the link for me. I'll order the free sample asap
happy.gif

wow, ur doctor gave u lots of boosters very early ah? very good! I cant remember what time did he ask me to take the tabs, i m so blurr that i didnt check with the pharmacisit properly, now i m kinda confused if i should take the fish oil in the morning or at night.

Hi all,
just a question, is it ok to buy things for the babies before the baby is born, my MIL had given me strong warning that i should not buy anything until the baby is born, i find this so ridiculous and not practical. How am i supposed to go and buy after the baby is born? she says she and hb will buy. I really dont like the idea!
sad.gif

qoo,
U 'll be able to see a small black dot kinda thing on the screen and hear the heartbeat. However, I have heard that for some they can only see the heart beat in week 7 or 8. The doc will also be able to tell u how many bbies u have, still there are stories whereby only one bby was seen on week 6 but later 1 or 2 appeared. Hope this helps!

twinsmom
Thanks. Kindda excited for 1st scan. I don't have much MS yet, except like feels like to vomit in the morning (alternate days) and feels whole mouth very bitter. When did yr MS come?

qoo,

keep your fingers cross
happy.gif
My MS came somewhere in week 6 or later. Yes, my mouth is 'bitter' too, something like 'siap' (hokkien) I feel like drinking water very often..

Li Yen,

good u found a temp job. I am also doing something like temp job. but, i don have to work everyday. did your MS got worst becos of the twice weekly jabs at NUH ? how are u coping with the Jurong woman's clinic ?

rainbow,

I am working but temporary. Thus its not an everyday commitment. i also take jabs and see doc once every 2 weeks..what is in your jab ? Mine is progesteron and HcG, thus the latter sort of worsen my MS. i wanted to find full time job after being pregnant, but now, with my MS condition and my twice weekly jab visits, i guess i got to wait till after delivery ;p

Twinsmom,
Sorry to hear tat. You have been very strong and positive and I am sure your two babies will be as strong as you. I am excited to know their gender, ya, best is a boy and girl. Take care. Really wish I have twins.

hi twinsmom

i had similar problem as u, my mom told me to only start buying baby stuff when i am in my 7th-8th month, or just before i give birth. She heard about this from an old neighbour.
sad.gif
i was very unhappy with her comment initially cos in the first place multiple pregnancies cannot be treated the same as single pregnancy. We are at a higher risk of premature birth and we may not be able to move so much after 20 weeks... The old neighbour does not know that i am expecting multiples, that's why she has given such a suggestion. But my mom knows about it... and yet, she still finds that the old neighbour's suggestion should be adopted... i was quite pissed off...

But guess wat? now i seldom go shopping liao, cos i get tired easily, so end up, my hubby will still have to help out to buy the baby stuff, i dun think i will have the energy to do that together with him liao.
sad.gif
bo bian lor, i used to look forward to shopping for baby stuff... but looks like now cannot liao lor. So wat i do is to let hubby know wat to look out for, and hopefully, the things he buys are up to my expectation.
happy.gif
i guess my MIL will get herself involved, but like that also got problems... i won't be surprised end up she will run the whole show... anyway, i tell myself, dun bother about all these domestic affairs lar, only make myself unhappy... just concentrate on my pregnancy, and close both eyes if closing one if not enough!
happy.gif

Sorry har, me very lor soh today... tend to be like that when talk about my mom and MIL. i know they mean well, but hor, sometimes just feel very irritated.

hi qoo

i only saw my number 2 and number 3 on week 7. On week 6, only number 1 got heartbeat, but suspected got 1-2 more babies cos the sacs could be seen. The sac is black and the heart is white, and u can see it pumping. Good luck!

hi all,
has some discharge and spotting yesterday, i was very scared but later stopped. I didnt go to the hosp but just prayed hard.

qoo,
my ms started around 5+weeks, Actually my tongue turned bitter and funny even before i tested positive. Until 7 weeks it was not very bad but after that really horrible liao, now much much better. Hope u dont have ms!

Chloe,
ya loh, same thing here, my mum and mil really drive me nuts. My mum is much better atleast dont tell me what to do but mil is very irritating. If she had asked me to buy later after 7th monht i would have not been so angry but she doesnt wan me to buy anything until the baby is born can u imagine how can i manage? according to her she will buy with hubby everything as she says she know better than me as she has given birth to so many children. The worst is she says we should use only old infant clothes for the first time and cannot use new ones for the first time. so now she is asking around for old infant clothes. She also doesnt wan us to prepare the nursery before hand, so funny right? how else are we supposed to that when the babies are around? Aiyo, i cant tahan her lately.

jolene,
Thanks, I m sure u can get twins....hold on your turn will be here soon ok!

hi twinsmom

Before u know it, u may not even wanna go shopping liao. Not sure whether u will have same symptoms like me, but me hor, feel tired so easily, i guess just have to let hubby and MIL do the job. My mom also like ur MIL, told me to only do up nursery before i give birth... btw, u take care hor, if continue got spotting must go see dr. Hey, i think u better rest at home, cos not wise to go shopping now that u just had spotting. If u think of it positively, ur MIL volunteered to help u buy things, so i think u better rest and let her handle. ur health more impt. Well, after babies are born, u can hunt for the things u like.
happy.gif
Close one eye lar, if not, can close both eyes like me.

Hi,
Just wan to chk with those ladies with Dr SF Loh fr KKH, after hong long u all with him then only suggest IVF to u all?

twinsmom

Just to add on to hui's note about hand-me-down clothes. Some pple feel that becos they have been worn and washed before, they tend to be more comfortable too, not as stiff as new ones.
happy.gif
From the economic sense, babies outgrow their clothes very fast, so it may be worthwhile considering the hand-me-downs.

hui, saw from the other thread that u are cycling. All the best to u.
happy.gif

Chloe & all,
today, I was a bit moody and did not talk much with mil cos she keeps going shopping with hubby while i cannot, the most irritating thing is she comes back and boasts to me how fun it was. Arggghhhh........... think i m jealous liao!

chloe, me greedy la...forced hubby to bring me shopping, just came back, like u said really tired and my back and legs are killing me now.

abt buying baby stuffs, think like u gals say must leave it to mil, i dont mind her buying but she's got this irritating habit of coming home and telling me how she enjoyed shopping with her son. U wont believe, while i was suffering last few months from severe ms, she would go out to expensive restraunts with her other children and come and tell me how delicious the food was. Have u gals ever seen a responsible elderly doing this.

Aiy! I m really throwing out all the frustrations i hav been keeping all these while. Sorry for the long post gals but i feel better after telling everything here!

synergy,
I decided to go ivf before even seeing doc loh cos its my second cycle so the very first appointment i was sent to kkivf.

hi twinsmom

Well, my MIL also has the same bad habits as ur MIL. haha... now we gossip about them hor, scully next time we also like them...

My MIL has the habit of asking for shopping vouchers from my hubby. We receive vouchers like Robinson and John Little vouchers occassionally. So everytime when she asked for them, my hubby will give her. When i get to know, too late liao, no more for me.
sad.gif
And u know wat, she will use the vouchers and then brag to me wat she bought. And kept saying that wow, really very hua suan, i myself should use them. Feel like telling her hor, i also wanna use them, but u took them wat remember?
sad.gif

My hubby is my MIL's pet. So hor, everytime we go out with her, she will walk next to him and hold his arm or shoulder. haha... next time if u see a sulking face, next to a young man, and an elderly woman next to him, haha... the sulking face is me lor. But since i got preggie, she stopped doing that liao. Dunno whether will resume next time. haha...

On the brighter side, MIL is nice to me lor, call me to check how i doing. Just that sometimes, i can get very jealous (heehee... i also like u lor) becos she and my hubby so close... hey, i even have thoughts that she not only possessive to my hubby, but next time, she will also be possessive towards my kids... silly me... think preggie gets jealous easily.

So sian, hubby went out with colleagues for dinner. Now me alone in the house... only had bread for dinner, so unexciting!! And bored...

Hi all, Good Morning!

I m up so early today. hmmm....only a few of us are active in this thread now, wonder where are the others!

chloe,
haha....ya loh we are gossiping, but never mind la we just want to let go these neg feelings only what! I dont think we will be like our mils la cos our children's generation is different once they are 20 yrs or so they may want to live on their own or study overseas. Now already i hear from my friends and relatives that their children want to live on their own once they are 18 or so. I think we should be prepared for this.

U r really very kind u know, u let your hubby hold your mil hand and walk, i m mean liao i'll kill hubby if he does that hehe....

our stories seems to be someewat similar cos my mil also not bad when it comes to caring but she can be a monster if she wants to be.

U poor thing eat alone ah! actually i like to be alone....but definitely will be bored also if hubby go out without me. I m a private person enjoy my company more than having others around (esp mil).

tch would have given birth by now, wonder what she's doing! Possibly resting at home.

winter,
didnt hear from u for a long time, how are u dear? we are eager to know how're ur little gals doing.

trips,
didnt see u after once or twice, hope u r doing great! how are ur 3 little ones doing? Take care!

qoo,
how's being pregnant? How did ur hb react when u told him? I m always interested to know how hbs react when they learn their wives are preggie after so long. when i first showed my hb the ++ he wa so plain and no emotions on his face i was a bit disappointed by his reaction but later he told me he was shocked to see the + and dont know wat to say or do. hehe....

stumbled by,
how's ur ms now? hope u r doing fine and u r able to eat something.

blue rabbit,
u were saying u have finished buying all the baby stuff right? Can u share with us where u bought things and how much u spend altogether cos i m planning those things now. Thanks!

twinsmon
Oh. At 7.30am, he woke up, and was brushing his teeth, and I just go to the bathroom and tell him,Dear, I tested liao. He say Oh..? His face looks very worried with the toothbrush still inside his mouth, and mouth full of toothpaste foam.

Then I say Its good news, postive and show him the kit. He say Good good good, and very happy loh Then ask me be careful when walking, not so fast, slow down, be careful on my food intake. He is very happy.

We eat outside every nite and only go back to MIL during weekend for dinner. No choice, as I dont cook. Had not reveal news to MIL yet. Wait till my first scan/2nd scan. Think will only inform them after 1st trimester. Only my parents, sisters know only. So at the moment, just eat anything whenever I feel like to eat. Appetite increased. Sometimes middle of nite, I feel like to vomit (but nothing came out) and when I told my hubby daily symptoms I have e.g. vomit, hungry, sore breasts, buttock aching for sitting / walking too long, back ache, cramp. He say Good good, all these are good symptoms, somemore he asked me to vomit more . That silly hubby, really make me laugh. Im happy that he is very concern about me
happy.gif

qoo,
Thats soo nice of ur hb
happy.gif
My hb didnt know how to show his emotions in the beginning but later he started doing everything for me. He talks to my tummy more than he talks to me haha.....

For us my mil know abt ivf right from the ET but none of my family know abt the tmt. I hav told my mom and granny abt the news but yet to tell my brothers and SILs. My mil had already started to nag me when she can inform the whole world (she is a mass broadcasting media in our family) I keep telling her everyday to stay patient and tell once its 14 or 15 weeks.

Good that u can eat anything, eat healthy ok.

Back