IVF Mummies-To-Be Support Group

Grumpus
Oh, now have purple color ones. Adults will like laughing cow better, cos our tastebuds poisoned by processed food already...haha

I almost fainted when I saw the price of milk products in Spore, esp. the milk powder too, cos the kids take these everyday, supply deplete so fast !

baby
Did I see wrongly, yoghurt with bean and sweet potato flavour ?

berrybaby
From stats, FET success rate is not as good as a fresh cycle but all this depends on the quality of your embies and luck. There are alot of ladies BFP with FET, just give your best shot, I guess, not within your control.

Why do you like Bel Paese cheese ? I might not be able to help u here, cos I only go back to spore for holidays nowadays. But I would checkout gourmet supermarkets, I saw quite a few of them scattered around Spore, those like MarketPlace or Thierney's etc. But otherwise, I just make do with whatever, I can find in CS and NTUC finest.

Looks like everyone is busy with their little ones... So quiet lately...

Panda, v busy? Didnt see u here... Hows yr BLW coming along?
My elder girl keep waking up at night.. Makes us so sleep deprieved... Hai... Wonder when can she ever sleep thru the night...

mummies who give your little ones yobaby...do your baby's poo smell of yogurt after eating yobaby?

i gave my son yobaby and his poo is reeking of yogurt smell!

Baby: My girl also waked up 2-3 times lately. If after milk she can sleep still ok, sometime she drinks half way, her eyes will open big big and look at us. Then me and hb will have a hard time leow.. Btw, did you wake up to change the diaper at night? Normally after dinner around 8pm, I will change her diaper and thereafter another time in 2am. Even though I use mummy pokko I feel the diaper very heavy in the morning and the other reason also concern nappy rashes. Sometime during the diaper change, she will wake up also. So sometime I wonder whether should I change or let her continue to sleep...

Gan: Any feedback after shifting to Frisco FM? My girl's FM is going to finish so I wonder whether should I change. Now I follow the instruction from PD, mix Frisco confort with Enfac and let her drink, but only 1-2 feeds (mixed at night) so can't really tell the result. But yesterday she poo 3 times.

Ru
Ya lor.. If they guai guai sleep aft milk then its ok.. If they are so awake in the middle of the night.. Hard time mann..

I dont change diaper in the night unless im giving them milk.. So if they cry and i rock them bk to sleep without milk.. Then i will not change cos i dont want to wake them up..

Their diaper in the morning surely heavy but so far ok.. No leakage.. Im using mamy poko...
I use avent bottom balm.. So far they didnt get nappy rash..

ru and baby,
I also have this dilemma. I dream feed my 6-month-old ard 11pm and would change his diapers first. He would be crying because he was being disturbed...
I use Pampers but it's always very heavy and wet after we bathed and changed him at ard 7pm...

he usually sleeps thru but has the occasional habit of waking up ard 4am especially when he flipped unto his tummy and has trouble flipping back/or gets too aroused with his own tossing...
sad.gif

Just this morning, he was awake from 445-7am!
sad.gif

Pink
Yr bb sleep at 7pm? Cos usually i bathed my girls ard 5pm.. Then i will change them into pjs and change their diaper just before bedtime at 8pm..
I tried pampers before... I dont like it.. Its so heavy aft a night sleep... I still prefer mamy poko for night use... Its thicker and can contain the urine better..

Baby: Before I sent her to Infant care, she never get nappy rash. But after enroll her in infant care, running nose, nappy rash like on and off issue. When I question the teachers they always say this morning when we change her diaper we already notice the rashes. So what can I say. That is why I even told my hb, next time I must take photo before sending my girl to school. HB told me in that case, I can lost my hp...

Pink: Same here, her last feed always around 10-11pm. So normally I will wait and will not change immediately. If I over slept, the next feed around 2pm, she will make some noise they I will walk up and feed her and then change. Last time, she used to sleep through but I always feel she is not feed enough so wake up to feed her and now she has the habit to ask for milk every 3-4hr in the night. Like yesterday, after 10pm feed, she asked for milk in 1pm and 4pm so now almost every night I have to wake up 2 times. Sometime worse. Anyway, like I said if she drinks then sleep, I think I still can manage. But if she refuse to sleep then very tiring.

baby, i m still hanging ard n alive! haha... aiyoh...last night all my 3 woke up many many times! just my eldest alone 6x! my boys now cutting top tooth.

i only zzz 1.5hrs last night n this morning got to bring them to PD for review, vision check n also blood test.

BLW is a mess..hahaah.. everyday my helper got to clean up messy high chairs n floor. i let them mess w foods 3x a day...but i tink its too much for 1 helper to clean up. will reduce to once a day until 2nd one comes. my PD says i hv to let them play n also feed together. now too early for them to self feed effectively. so its smthing like what grumpus is doing.

RE; cheese, he says better to get bb cheese, n preferly cottage cheese.

grumpus, PD taught me new way to feed my gal. he says put the food on a biscuit or a cucumber or any hard fruit tht can hold it to feed. i tried using the teething biscuit n it worked just now. but dunno how long can con my gal! haahah.. gav her mashed potato w zucchini and creamy pumpkin mash...

popped by the taka toy fair. the vtech toys r very good deals. also bought the mega bloks for only $20. there is a disney toy TV on sale only $5. my younger boy got hold of it n refused to let go! haha.. end up hv to buy it too....

Ru these few days my gal is pooing fine...ever since I brought her see the pd on Friday, her constipation is gone. Keeping finger crossed. I have complete the transition to friso, she will be on 100% friso tomorrow.

Panda well done! Ur bbs are good weight! My gal s 71cm at 8 mths but only 8.1kg, so much lighter than ur boys. What is the blood test for? How does ur doc carry out the vision check? Last Friday the pd only use a torch light shine at my gal's eyes. This Thursday afternoon think I will pop by taka to see any toys to buy since will take afternoon off to escape from the burden of work. What Disney tv toy? How do the bb play that?

Panda,
Wow another good trick to feed
happy.gif

But my gal chews very well so I'lI just feed her steamed cubes of food. So far so good, she is eating quite a full dinner now.
Been doing this for abt a wk n she has dropped one night feed, now down to one feed at night only. Used to be 2.
The co sleeping is paying off too. When she wakes at night now she'll just look ard for me, crawl over, plonk her head on my shoulder n go back to sleep. Sure beats carrying n rocking
happy.gif

Jia you, I'm sure u'll find wat works best for u
happy.gif

Gan, thanks! my gal only 7.7kg leh..hehehe.. she so petite..put her beside my eldest boy like one XL and one XS...hahaha... your gal consider v good wt for gal..cannot compare gals w boys. u see my eldest boy, so fat fat de..hahaha....

blood test to make sure that bb still has immunity against hep B from the 6 IN 1 jab. if not, will need booster jabs.

vision test super high tech . this op lady uses a video/camera gadget take video/pic of bb eyes...its infra type..then the computer will immediately analyse the results. make sure no lazy eyes, no inherited shortsightedness from parents or tumours or big blood veins behind the eyes.

the tv toy is like those very old fashion toy...wind already, the screen will move.. like watching tv, but its a toy...

there are alot of vtech bath toys...so tempted to buy...but my bbs already all dun wanna leave the bath tub since i bought an inflatable one. if put toys there, will be worse.. hehe...

this fair i find more toys for older kids...bbs toys limited range.

grumpus, wow! i wish my boy can do that.... i let him co sleep w us now too...otherwise v tiring for me to run to n fro. but he cries in his zzzz..dunno how oso. today told my PD about him cry alot during the day too.....

PD says he is insecure n has separation anxiety. while i was talking to PD, my hb carry him, he scream n cry until he threw up all over the floor even though i was in the same room. during out day out, he wants me to carry from 8am-4pm! nearly broke my back...;s

PD prescribe multi vits n minerals and cod fish oil to help mature his brain..he says will help improve his behaviorial problems....

Panda That vision test sounds high tech! Maybe this is not a compulsory test coz kkh never schedule us for that. I saw those. Bath toys too , tempted to get but if buy can only let my gal play during weekend coz weekdays bath is too rush as we r rushing for work. Pays to be a SAHM coz get to see ur kids grow, today my gal wave her hands at me when I was home. She just want my mum to carry, so she wave bye bye
when I want to carry her. Kind of sad but on a good side I know she is in good hands as she sticks to my parents

Panda,
Wow, yr boy really very sensitive lei. My elder was more like yr boy. Other ppl carry cannot, even if I'm in the same room. Actually is worse if I'm in the same room cos she see me she will want to come over, if I'm not in the room then she will grudgingly accept hb or my mum to carry her.

My elder used to cry a lot in her sleep too. Now she talks in her sleep. Even until now she will not nap or go to sleep if I'm not ard. She will wait until I get home.

Hope the multiple vits n cod fish oil works!

Panda
I also guess yr little ones are making u a panda.. Haha.. Nvrm la.. Its a passing phase.. Once their tooth cut.. Things will get better..

U survive only with one helper and yrself? Yr mum helping u now? Else how 2 adults with 3 bbs?

I will hang on to getting second helper.. So far still can cope with 1...

Which type is baby cheese? Like babybel?
So bye bye to laughing cow cheese cube? I still got so many left...

Hi mummies, need menu advice from you all. Yesterday bought bb spinach and steam with rice for my girl. She doesn't like it. So far, carrot, sweet potato, pumkin all ok. I think she use to have these sweet taste so veg taste different. So would like to know what shall I add in for better taste?

Gan: that is a good sign. I should also start slowly to change.

btw, saw someone selling disposable travel milk Powder Sachets in forum. Any mummies try before? Think it is convenient to bring out the FM if going for short holiday and no need to bring the whole tin.

ru,
i used the travel milk powder sachets before. very useful for holidays
happy.gif

think u can combine different vege for yr girl liao. dun need to just stick to one vege n rice. everyday combo 2 types can create alot of variations already

grumpus: is it ok to give fruit puree for dinner? am thinking of giving sweet potato with pear...too much on the tummy?

or should i give sweet potato with cereal?

Nm,
Well, cereal is traditionally given cos it's supposed to make bb fuller. No reason not to give fruit puree unless bb has very loose stools then u prob wanna cut down on fruits.
Also, try to avoid gas causing foods for dinner. Cos if they get gassy, they'll not sleep well at night.

nm,
i find it's very individual. sweet potato supposed to be gassy. but some bbs r ok with it. so main thing is if yr bb is ok then ok lor
happy.gif

ru,
i bought from forum

What other vege or fruit is gassy? I will try to avoid giving my girls during the dnr...

Mummies
When can we give kiwi? Its high allergy food right... Must wait till after 1 yr old?

Alamak broccoli is gassy ah... No wonder my elder girl didnt sleep well when i give her broccoli in her dnr porridge...
How abt cauliflower? Pumpkin? Zuccchhi? Carrot?
This are the few i will always add into porridge..

baby, yeah babybel is considered baby cheese.
i also hv alot of laughing cow. now i eat it as snack when i watch tv at night..lol...
my mum still helping me now... but my maid cant handle hv to look after the bbs, n bathing the high chairs and cleaning up the floor 3x a day! haha.. coz bb nap in the afternoon she has to quickly mop the floor, prepare the foods to cook for dinner and also wash the bathroom.

one maid is very tight for me...me mum n maid no rest at all thru out the day.

by the way, my pd says not to gv bbs to much of those puff or biscuits snacks. coz too high in carbp. faint..my ones can eat alot of puffs non stop! he ask me to cut fruits for them as snacks...

hi mummies,

hav u wean off pacifier for ur bb? i tried, but heartpain to see her cry for 15mins...end up i gave in, but once she sleeps, i quickly took it out. how do u do it? my bb is comin to 8mths.

rose, my boys self wean the pacifier. just dun like it one fine day. my gal still uses it when she wanna nap or zzz at night. i m not making deliberate effort to wean her yet... hoping the same happens tht she will outgrow it leh.....

Panda
Wow.. Yr maid can look aft bb... Do hsewk and cook! Super maid ah! My maid only do hsewk and look aft bbs.. She dont cook... I also dont want her to spend time on cooking...

I seldom give my girls biscuit or puffs... Only give when we dine outside.. Or occasionally when we eat dnr at home while they are fussing... I usually give puree food or yogurt for their snacks.. So i wana go get cheese for their snack too... Will go check out the babybel..

Rose
My elder girl also self wean off pacifer... Simply reject it one fine day... My small girl suck pacifier when she wana sleep or nap... Awake time no pacifier.. I wont make any effort to wean her off...

baby, my parents are here to help. my maid can cook while they help w the babies. housework is basic minimal cleaning. i usually close one eye to housework so long as bbs are taken care off n their stuff are kept clean.

my bbs loves the puffs... start liao cannot stop!

grumpus, do u find the baby bel cheese salty too?? i tasted it just now, thought its even more salty than laughing cow. going to go check the sodium content to compare later...

baby, my maid until now still make alot of mistakes and everyday drives me abit crazy....
she is quite spoilt by my parents..they treat her like fren fren... so she become complacent n smtimes i find rude. just today i was making porridge for my bbs..she laughed at me n told me i everytime cook nobody wanna eat!

last week i pass her some new bb clothes to wash, she ask me y i keep buying ...bbs already hv alot of clothes! i find this out of her call to qn me....

panda n bb,

at wat mths ur bb rejected pacifier? my ger only needs pacifier when nappin n sleepin at night, but coz she is teethin now, so thought of weanin off...

rose, my boys rejected at 4-5mths... my gal also teething now... when teething they will need more comfort to self soothe...so it shld b not a gd time to wean off the pacifer?

Rose, my girl also teething now. I rather give her pacifier to "bite" and soothe herself, than some toys. She will spit out when she is sleeping. Dun think it is the right time to wean off. Anyway, I also need pacifier so that she will guai guai and sit in car seat and fall asleep.  

Panda, why don't you sit down and talk to yr maid?  I also dun hv it funny with yr maid's comments. Abit out of her duty to laugh or question you.  Like what u say, yr parents spoilt her. My dad see her so young come singapore and work, say pitiful blah-blah.  Keep offering her food (worst was peanuts or ice cream as snacks) though we already had lunch/dinner, or before hari raya, asked me a few times if I got buy new clothings for her.  I got so mad and told dad my mum already bought 4 new t-shirts and my sis bought 1.  Me leh?  Chinese new year also didn't buy new clothes until now. I felt  bad to tell my dad off, but I had no choice. Imagine my maid only do housework and prepare food for dinner, her employer looks aft baby and cook dinner.  Yet, she gets more attention fr my parents, i got so mad.

Once, I caught my maid talking to my cousin regarding "her dream".... I got pissed.  Over next few days, i keep finding fault with her work for not listening to instructions. Finally questioned her why she was so talkative with my cousin!  Since like to talk so much, I will send her back to indonesia so that she can continue to talk there! I took out her bag and kinda chased her out.  Since that incident, I restrict her talking to anyone except me, sir, nai-nai, ah ma and mam Ka-Ka (my sis).  I dun let her talk to my dad unless my dad talk to her.  I feel the one to one talk with her really works as I let off whatever things I am unhappy abt her and she is clearer in my expectations.

Apart from these small issues, she is slow and cannot communicate well in English. But she is v well-mannered, dun ask for handphone or off-days unlike Filipino maids.  I am also nice to her.  Let her call home once every 2 to 3 weeks and I pay for her Singtel top-up unlike her previous employers.  Before hari raya, I also send a small box of new stationery for her younger sister.  Her birthday was last week, i also bought a small cake for her. She ate for breakfast over next few days. She was so happy......

Panda,
yes i find babybel salty too.actually the cubes i find very creamy and not very salty. but think the cubes r more processed. can't hv the best of both worlds huh.

u compare the salt content already let me know? keke

rose, i think too early to wean unless bb self wean. most of my friends wean their bb off pacifier much older like 2 yrs old when they can understand

Panda
Alot of my friend with indo maid also have this problem.. They will behave as if they are yr friends and say alot of unnecessary tins.. Usually with phip maid.. No such problem but have different type of issue like pride too strong.. Will talk bk.. Etc..

Yr sil popping soon right? Means yr parents cant help u liao? When is yr 2nd helper coming?

Singapoh
Cheez dipper? What is the brand? Its a form of dipper means its soft in texture? Natural cheese? Ntuc or cs sell?

Gan: Ya, I saw the pre-order threat though maybe can buy and keep or use it. Now everytime we go out we have to pack into the milk powder (few compartment type). But find rather bulky.

Hi mummies, can 7mth old start to eat meat (chicken)? My girl's IFC cook porridge and for better taste, they will put chicken minced meat inside, according to the teacher

Back