IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi xiaomyang,
I see so sometimes pcos can be a blessing in disguise :) I read many sisters here talk about supplements, so does it really help? I don't mind trying to getting better chance. May i know what you had taken previously and where did you buy them from?

Btw bcos i had done many test such as HSG, SIS etc , so if i visit Dr CT Yeong with my existing reports of my history, will he still ask me to do any test?
Hi bourjorgal,

I have taken the supplements I mentioned in my earlier post. I took the initial batch from doc Yeong's clinic then I will note the dosage and then buy a different brand through iherb online to save $. You can pm me and I'll try to find the links of my supplement for you.

Do bring your medical reports and tests to dr Yeong. Some tests don't have to repeat again and you will save some costs. I bought my old NuH reports to dr Yeong's clinic and didn't have to repeat certain tests.

Hi Muff,

Just checked with my friend on the cost and it's about 10k cash after medisave deduction but she's on low dosage due to pcos. The stim charges may differ doc to doc since all the consults and scans are done at my doc's clinic and not at Virtus. The ER and ET fees are displayed on Virtus website.
just ti clarify, e $20k i mentioned just now is based on dr roland before any deduction and include hystroscopy and endo scratching. he does per ivf preparation. and also based on fet. its 18k to 20k in total before see e bfp

Doctor will tell u about that after see your blood hormones results such as: fsh, amh. From what I've told high FSH leads to poor quality eggs and low AMH leads to quantity of the eggs that you will produce.

Normally we always do blood test before we start procedure, so does that include these levels? I can't recall doc talk about FSH and AMH levels. Can we see the figures on the report ? Aiyo I got no idea :|

you can review with her to try to change around the stim jabs for e.g. i was previously also on FSH jabs ( gonal are FSH jabs) but i respond better with LH jabs.. like menopur. i have lesser eggs but better quality in results. you may like to check with her if you are already on 2 cycles on the same stims....

Thanks muff for sharing your experience! Doc normally don't talk much or share unless I ask. I even no idea what type of jabs they based on lei. So is just their own trial & error right? I had puregon first time , 2nd gonal. I asked so what will be my dosage next round she said will increased to 450 but I Nvr ask is it same type of jabs..I Nvr use menopur before so do I need to know my FSH and AMH before I know what type of jabs are better? Please share more on where to find out more ? Thanks alot!

Thanks muff for sharing your experience! Doc normally don't talk much or share unless I ask. I even no idea what type of jabs they based on lei. So is just their own trial & error right? I had puregon first time , 2nd gonal. I asked so what will be my dosage next round she said will increased to 450 but I Nvr ask is it same type of jabs..I Nvr use menopur before so do I need to know my FSH and AMH before I know what type of jabs are better? Please share more on where to find out more ? Thanks alot!
Puregon is also pure FSH jab. Docs seldom go into such deep testing to coincide your FSH and lh to determine and they just test the protocol out. Amh doesn't help in protocol as they can only help to determine if you should go high or low dose based on your egg reserve. I have learned something in this process which is, you have to keep asking the docs otherwise they just tell you whatever is required and their own engine is running in the back of their head. Don't be afraid to ask at all times !!

Hi Muff,

Just checked with my friend on the cost and it's about 10k cash after medisave deduction but she's on low dosage due to pcos. The stim charges may differ doc to doc since all the consults and scans are done at my doc's clinic and not at Virtus. The ER and ET fees are displayed on Virtus website.
Me no more medisave lol!! I've also checked on their web. Consult is 299 first time woowwoow!

Me no more medisave lol!! I've also checked on their web. Consult is 299 first time woowwoow!
I think all the docs at Virtus center has their own clinics elsewhere, and for dr Yeong's clinic, the first consultation is around $200 which is cheaper than the $299. His usual scan and consult is $150. If you go thro the doc's own clinic, likely your only contact and expenses with Virtus is for ER and ET only unless you do other medical procedures (e.g. Laparoscopy) which cannot be done at the clinic itself.

I also used up my medisave Liao! Hence I went to BKK for PGD cos I don't get any "discount" from SG private fertility center anyway! :p

Normally we always do blood test before we start procedure, so does that include these levels? I can't recall doc talk about FSH and AMH levels. Can we see the figures on the report ? Aiyo I got no idea :|

Yes for going ivf for sure your hormone profile will be checked. Is important to choose a doctor that is knowing every patient's condition, cannot all patients treated the same one. I tell you w my previous clinic: my sis in law older than me, has irregular cycle, did long protocle, definetely has prob w infertility. While I am younger than her, regular cycle, being told no infertility issue as I conceived naturally once and doctor said do short protocol. But both of us got same stims all really same ended up she succeed while I didn't. And also I got ohss while she didn't due to her low amh. Then I checked w other patients w him aiyooo they all got same treatment also. How come like that. Even thou is the same ivf we are doing but every person's body is not the same
That's why when I first being reviewed w dr Roland and he asked me what did the previous doctor give me. I told him and he said must change cos my body still has good egg reserve so what I need is to boost the quality instead of quantity and also no matter what stim I use I will get ohss so cannot use HCG trigger.
You better ask, is our right to ask as we pay expensive liao and as a proffesional doctor also must provide patients w all infos they need
Just follow your heart, if you comfortable w your doctor go w him/her and just relax, trust that you are in a good hand

Last edited:
Yes for going ivf for sure your hormone profile will be checked. Is important to choose a doctor that is knowing every patient's condition, cannot all patients treated the same one. I tell you w my previous clinic: my sis in law older than me, has irregular cycle, did long protocle, definetely has prob w infertility. While I am younger than her, regular cycle, being told no infertility issue as I conceived naturally once and doctor said do short protocol. But both of us got same stims all really same ended up she succeed while I didn't. And also I got ohss while she didn't due to her low amh. Then I checked w other patients w him aiyooo they all got same treatment also. How come like that. Even thou is the same ivf we are doing but every person's body is not the same
That's why when I first being reviewed w dr Roland and he asked me what did the previous doctor give me. I told him and he said must change cos my body still has good egg reserve so what I need is to boost the quality instead of quantity and also no matter what stim I use I will get ohss so cannot use HCG trigger.
You better ask, is our right to ask as we pay expensive liao and as a proffesional doctor also must provide patients w all infos they need
Just follow your heart, if you comfortable w your doctor go w him/her and just relax, trust that you are in a good hand
hi prunia,
how much you paid for e or,et and fet 1x at virtus excluding e jabs?

hi all, just did my 2nd fresh (icsi). negative blood test :( *cry*

now left only 1 frozen blast. looks like the next try will be frozen cycle, it will be my first time.
besides having a healthy lifestyle and diet, any tips for frozen cycle? thank you in advance.

*big hugs* i also will be doing my 1st frozen after my neg blood test last week.. Lets jiayou together ok! :) For now i just have the happy food (eg ice cream) to make myself feel better. :p

and it doesnt garantee bfp. i hate this icsi bet!!@ but then its e route to help some of us :( how good if god can just pity us and grant us a bfp be it natural or artificial means for trying and trying. we are just human wanting to be a mum :/
for sure.. if only we have crystal ball, lesson in life, money cannot give u everything :(

hi prunia,
how much you paid for e or,et and fet 1x at virtus excluding e jabs?
Hi Connie
I just saw all my invoices. Basically if only Virtus I paid:
New patient admin $267.5
Semen analysis $58.85
The package: ER, plus ET $11.288.50 (if failed then next fet costs $3500) that one if procedure Mon-Sat. If say on Sun/PH got additional charge thousand something
Zofran drug $44.95

We decided not to use medisave

Hi Connie
I just saw all my invoices. Basically if only Virtus I paid:
New patient admin $267.5
Semen analysis $58.85
The package: ER, plus ET $11.288.50 (if failed then next fet costs $3500) that one if procedure Mon-Sat. If say on Sun/PH got additional charge thousand something
Zofran drug $44.95

We decided not to use medisave
thanks prunia.

Hi ladies
I read some of u are w dr Roland . I m Too. Been with him since 2012 Aug till now . Had 2 ivf pregnancies under him , 1 mc 2nd one I lost a twin but had a 22 mth old gal now.
Just did my fresh cycle w him again n first time w virtus. Last 2 fresh w him was w peh ivf n sincere but since dr Liaw move on to virtus so I follow even it's much more ex than sincere.
After 2 years break I m back in this forum again..Jia you all sisters
I had 6fresh n 4 fet so be determined n u will get it

hi prunia,

can u tell how many times you visited doctor roland/clinic to complete the ivf process?i am working full time.and worried about taking more leave

hi prunia,

can u tell how many times you visited doctor roland/clinic to complete the ivf process?i am working full time.and worried about taking more leave

Hi Chuchoo
For my stims, I saw him like 3 times. But for FET I saw him quite a lot cos as I mentioned already that I cancelled twice, each month I went to him like 3-4 times. But if you don't have lining issue like me I think for stims 3 times then next cycle also 3-4 times. He charges consultation and scan per package de, $800++ per 3-4 times exclude meds

To Bless - tummy warmer from uniqlo.
purple only worn twice. Grey worn many times. It's not new but ok condition. Pm me to collect.
ImageUploadedByForum1474359956.099017.jpg

To Bless - digital preg test kit & ovulation strips.
Ovulation strips I am not sure of the expiry date. No matter how I see I cannot find the date. Preg test kit expire 2017. Pm me for collection.
ImageUploadedByForum1474360823.703789.jpg

Connie, are u still with sincere?
hi dolly gal. nope,i am not with sincere. i am not with anybody now.considering to play out of this game as having very poor eggs and extremly bad sperms which 3 ivf doesnt seem to help despite tiao e body.recently did hormone and amh test results worsen. also cash issues as only private can fertilise e eggs but cant make it past day 3 after 3 tries. thats how sad it is.

need to catch more pokemons to destress. trying natural n let nature takes its course.

all e best to u for 2ww!

Last edited:
Hi connie,

I hv very low amh, egg quality problem too tried 3 fresh cycles n 1 fet used up all my grants. But i decided to try 1 more fresh cycle with low stim under dr tan hh at kkh in jan. The cost is abt 8k+ i used 3k+ out of medisave and 5k cash. I only hv 1 egg retreived and 1 egg fertilised and tat is my miracle baby which I may going to deliver next wk. Hope u dun give up u can try low stim.

Hi connie,

I hv very low amh, egg quality problem too tried 3 fresh cycles n 1 fet used up all my grants. But i decided to try 1 more fresh cycle with low stim under dr tan hh at kkh in jan. The cost is abt 8k+ i used 3k+ out of medisave and 5k cash. I only hv 1 egg retreived and 1 egg fertilised and tat is my miracle baby which I may going to deliver next wk. Hope u dun give up u can try low stim.
gal,thk you for yr encouragement. u know how sad it is..i was at operating theatre 2 years ago for polyp removal with dr tan hh before my 2nd fresh with kkh. at e ot theatre,dr tan hh ask me what if there are no sperms?i was like looking at him n at e back of my mind asking myself,i should be e 1 asking him how.. at e end there are sperms and was inject to my 10 eggs. 9 eggs not fertilied,left 1 miserable day 2 with high fagmentation. put in and failed. kkh chief embrologist analysed as eggs r old,sperm quality bad. 3rd ivf i left with 5 eggs retrieved out of 9 seen. only 3 usable. my husband has given up after 1st ivf try,its i ask him go de. so if now me zz that be e end of ivf for us.

some time i really wonder did ivf caused e egg qty to be lesser. any of u encounter this? my amh was 16.7 when i first started 1st ivf and now 1.65. dunno its age or repeated poking cos this.with 1.somethg amh for new try will it like wait left 4 eggs and fallout left 1, dunno i can take this crude thg or not. maybi i tend to think too much thats y so烦

but congrats on yr baby! i did consider low sim but think i need to get back my confidence first. feeling very stressful now as everyday thinking ttc matters. too stress i think cant ivf also.

only thing havent try now is dhea and acupuncture(i scared of current and needles,ever fainted with acu). sometimes i think we ladies who encounter this problem very ke lian when its just a simple dream. sorry for ranting as i have no 1 to pour this too as no1 knows abt this art thg except my husband. we didnt tell our relatives nor friends or colleagues. sometimes its just too overwhelming bottling alone

Last edited:
gal,thk you for yr encouragement. u know how sad it is..i was at operating theatre 2 years ago for polyp removal with dr tan hh before my 2nd fresh with kkh. at e ot theatre,dr tan hh ask me what if there are no sperms?i was like looking at him n at e back of my mind asking myself,i should be e 1 asking him how.. at e end there are sperms and was inject to my 10 eggs. 9 eggs not fertilied,left 1 miserable day 2 with high fagmentation. put in and failed. kkh chief embrologist analysed as eggs r old,sperm quality bad. 3rd ivf i left with 5 eggs retrieved out of 9 seen. only 3 usable. my husband has given up after 1st ivf try,its i ask him go de. so if now me zz that be e end of ivf for us.

some time i really wonder did ivf caused e egg qty to be lesser. any of u encounter this? my amh was 16.7 when i first started 1st ivf and now 1.65. dunno its age or repeated poking cos this.with 1.somethg amh for new try will it like wait left 4 eggs and fallout left 1, dunno i can take this crude thg or not. maybi i tend to think too much thats y so烦

but congrats on yr baby! i did consider low sim but think i need to get back my confidence first. feeling very stressful now as everyday thinking ttc matters. too stress i think cant ivf also.

only thing havent try now is dhea and acupuncture(i scared of current and needles,ever fainted with acu). sometimes i think we ladies who encounter this problem very ke lian when its just a simple dream. sorry for ranting as i have no 1 to pour this too as no1 knows abt this art thg except my husband. we didnt tell our relatives nor friends or colleagues. sometimes its just too overwhelming bottling alone
How old are u if u don't mind sharing? My AMH also Low side, started with 2 digit, after 2 fresh cycle now become single digit!
But still not giving up yet!

Hi connie,

My amh is only 0.7 and my previous cycle doc always use max dose on mi and I tried almost everything.. dhea saizan but also end up with Bfn my egg quality was always grade 3 being the best... so after that I was thinking is it bcos of all the high dosage which make my egg quality so bad. So I went to Dr tan hh asking to do natural Ivf thinking using my monthly 1 egg.. but he told might he doesn't do natural Ivf but he does low stim so decided to try. And who know I succeed.

Hi connie,

My amh is only 0.7 and my previous cycle doc always use max dose on mi and I tried almost everything.. dhea saizan but also end up with Bfn my egg quality was always grade 3 being the best... so after that I was thinking is it bcos of all the high dosage which make my egg quality so bad. So I went to Dr tan hh asking to do natural Ivf thinking using my monthly 1 egg.. but he told might he doesn't do natural Ivf but he does low stim so decided to try. And who know I succeed.
thank you for encouragment. hope that bfp n miracle happens to me n all ladies who need it badly. xxxx fingers

Blood test on 22/9/2016... Just did test on test kit... One Line... Guess I fail my transfer again....:(

The quality of my egg is really v bad I suppose... 2nd time I fail my ET.. It kind of hurt me...!!

Earlier I saw ladies saying that taking coq10 can improve the quality of the egg.. Can advise me where to buy and what brand is good?

Blood test on 22/9/2016... Just did test on test kit... One Line... Guess I fail my transfer again....:(

The quality of my egg is really v bad I suppose... 2nd time I fail my ET.. It kind of hurt me...!!

Earlier I saw ladies saying that taking coq10 can improve the quality of the egg.. Can advise me where to buy and what brand is good?
I m not sure whether coq10 helps but care Angela told me to take daily w fish oil
So all these years I have been taking..

Aom,
Hugs ! Next attempt will be better :)
Jia You !!

No ivf do not cause egg to lessen. It's due to age that our AMH get worse which is why it is better to start at young age. It's not an easy journey and sometimes I feel it's financially draining us more than mental. Cos we know we only have that certain amount of money to try till that cycle. It's causing stress thinking of it cos we know if cash run out no more trying even if we want to. There are good eggs n sperm somewhere just that need the right time n luck to hit the right one. I understand how u feel by being alone. Know that u are not alone there are many ladies struggling with infertility. Keep the hope going. Hugs.

Dear Connie,

Don't give up. Do consider TCM ACUPUNCTURE. It's known to work and it's working for my hubby.

I'm with KKH under Dr THH. Getting myself ready for oct cycle of fresh which is just before KKH lab closure. Feel Sian about going through the whole thing. Been reading this forum though I seldom post.

Keep pouring out on us in this forum. We are your listening ears.

No ivf do not cause egg to lessen. It's due to age that our AMH get worse which is why it is better to start at young age. It's not an easy journey and sometimes I feel it's financially draining us more than mental. Cos we know we only have that certain amount of money to try till that cycle. It's causing stress thinking of it cos we know if cash run out no more trying even if we want to. There are good eggs n sperm somewhere just that need the right time n luck to hit the right one. I understand how u feel by being alone. Know that u are not alone there are many ladies struggling with infertility. Keep the hope going. Hugs.

Yes yes. I asked Dr Tan if I'll reach menopause one year early since I retrieved 14 eggs during 1st IVF fresh(which I failed, booo big time), he laughed and said no.

Keep taking Coq10....by the way, I'm taking 400mg a day. Is dosage right?

I can't swallow that big rainbow prenatal pill. Always tend to "choke" with water flowing into nose. Big gross.

Can any sister recommend something else?

Thanks.

Hi bunny, I pm you :)

Puregon is also pure FSH jab. Docs seldom go into such deep testing to coincide your FSH and lh to determine and they just test the protocol out. Amh doesn't help in protocol as they can only help to determine if you should go high or low dose based on your egg reserve. I have learned something in this process which is, you have to keep asking the docs otherwise they just tell you whatever is required and their own engine is running in the back of their head. Don't be afraid to ask at all times !!

May i know where do i see the Amh level? is it in the blood test results we done? is there any name for it?

Hi connie,

Hi Michelle, congrats and hv a smooth delivery!! For this low stim cycle, how many jabs hv u gone thru?

Hi bourjorgal,

I have taken the supplements I mentioned in my earlier post. I took the initial batch from doc Yeong's clinic then I will note the dosage and then buy a different brand through iherb online to save $. You can pm me and I'll try to find the links of my supplement for you.

Do bring your medical reports and tests to dr Yeong. Some tests don't have to repeat again and you will save some costs. I bought my old NuH reports to dr Yeong's clinic and didn't have to repeat certain tests.

Hi xiaomyang,

i PM you already. Thanks!

Took so much time last night to research on Coq10.. Looks like it does have postive result....
Since my egg quality might be the cause of this issue... I guess i don mind trying to take it while i wait for the next step...

Ladies how did you all decide how what dosage you all will take for coq10?

Hugs AAOM... take care of yourself and rest your body... after that, battle again. U are gonna win this battle soon! Jiayou

hi dolly gal. nope,i am not with sincere. i am not with anybody now.considering to play out of this game as having very poor eggs and extremly bad sperms which 3 ivf doesnt seem to help despite tiao e body.recently did hormone and amh test results worsen. also cash issues as only private can fertilise e eggs but cant make it past day 3 after 3 tries. thats how sad it is.

need to catch more pokemons to destress. trying natural n let nature takes its course.

all e best to u for 2ww!
hey babe. im in the same position as u r. Taking a break and letting nature take its time.

Took so much time last night to research on Coq10.. Looks like it does have postive result....
Since my egg quality might be the cause of this issue... I guess i don mind trying to take it while i wait for the next step...

Ladies how did you all decide how what dosage you all will take for coq10?

Aom,
I read in some ang moh forums that a low dose of coq10 for ivfers is about 200mg/day while some ladies who saw improvement in the quality of their embryos (from 0 blasto to a few good quality blatos) took about 600mg of coq10 per day.

A few of them were even instructed by their ivf dr to go on 800-1000mg/day.

But a handful of them were also on other additional meds like growth hormones, DHEA etc.

Hi connie,

Michelle_baby,
Its v encouraging to hear ur success story here.

Meanwhile treasure ur last leg of ur pregnancy, have a smooth delivery & enjoy motherhood !!

hey babe. im in the same position as u r. Taking a break and letting nature take its time.
hugs. i read yr story too. which doc are u with.
pray.
hang on.
stay happy n stay healthy. as bunny33 mentioned,we are not alone. try art again if mentally ready to fight..else leave it to e 1 up there.
thanks bunny 33 n those sisters who pm me to give encouragement.

Back