IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies, can I just check, if I am just 6days past transfer single day 5 blast, today I noted a sharp drop in my basal temperature and have mild spotting... It means it didn't work out right? Is there any point in getting additional progesterone support? Should I call kkh?

Hi ladies, can I just check, if I am just 6days past transfer single day 5 blast, today I noted a sharp drop in my basal temperature and have mild spotting... It means it didn't work out right? Is there any point in getting additional progesterone support? Should I call kkh?
Hi it is still early to say it didn't work out. Maybe spotting can be a sign of implantation. As long as you are not bleeding like menses, u should be alright. Did kkh give u any med to support pregnancy? If u r worried, u can call the nurse and ask them. But don't worry too much and think positive.

Dear ladies, anyone know for endo scratching, when do we do the procedure? My 3rd fresh cycle is in Nov with KKH.
I rem the nurse told me to call up in Oct like before my menses start.. Wonder if we do it after the menses or before the menses in Oct?

Yes yes. I asked Dr Tan if I'll reach menopause one year early since I retrieved 14 eggs during 1st IVF fresh(which I failed, booo big time), he laughed and said no.

Keep taking Coq10....by the way, I'm taking 400mg a day. Is dosage right?

I can't swallow that big rainbow prenatal pill. Always tend to "choke" with water flowing into nose. Big gross.

Can any sister recommend something else?

Thanks.

Hi, u can get the petite size from rainbow light..i'm taking tat as I can't swallow big pill too. Have to take three pills each day.

Hi ladies just wanna give a review for clearblue digi w week indicator. 3 days ago I almost got heart attack. I tried to tested to see if the week indicator has gone up or no cos base on clearblue digi hcg 2000+ will get 3+ result. Then I tried still 2-3 which started to worry me but then I just relax then tried again w morning urine waaaa still 2-3, supposed my hcg 4k already. So tried take again the next 3 hours then got my 3+, so relieved. And becos I still have 1 more test left I thought let's just finish it. The next day w morning urine again checked got 2-3. Wth I was so panicked and very very worry but I still wait for my beta schedule which is today. Already prepare for the worst but got a called that my beta already 13.703 gone up from 831 since last Wed. My God I am so so relieved, will not use that test again to update the week indicator, is good just to tell pregnant or not

Hi ladies just wanna give a review for clearblue digi w week indicator. 3 days ago I almost got heart attack. I tried to tested to see if the week indicator has gone up or no cos base on clearblue digi hcg 2000+ will get 3+ result. Then I tried still 2-3 which started to worry me but then I just relax then tried again w morning urine waaaa still 2-3, supposed my hcg 4k already. So tried take again the next 3 hours then got my 3+, so relieved. And becos I still have 1 more test left I thought let's just finish it. The next day w morning urine again checked got 2-3. Wth I was so panicked and very very worry but I still wait for my beta schedule which is today. Already prepare for the worst but got a called that my beta already 13.703 gone up from 831 since last Wed. My God I am so so relieved, will not use that test again to update the week indicator, is good just to tell pregnant or not
Hi, once your hcg levels passed a certain no the home test kit is no longer accurate as your levels are too high.

gal,thk you for yr encouragement. u know how sad it is..i was at operating theatre 2 years ago for polyp removal with dr tan hh before my 2nd fresh with kkh. at e ot theatre,dr tan hh ask me what if there are no sperms?i was like looking at him n at e back of my mind asking myself,i should be e 1 asking him how.. at e end there are sperms and was inject to my 10 eggs. 9 eggs not fertilied,left 1 miserable day 2 with high fagmentation. put in and failed. kkh chief embrologist analysed as eggs r old,sperm quality bad. 3rd ivf i left with 5 eggs retrieved out of 9 seen. only 3 usable. my husband has given up after 1st ivf try,its i ask him go de. so if now me zz that be e end of ivf for us.

some time i really wonder did ivf caused e egg qty to be lesser. any of u encounter this? my amh was 16.7 when i first started 1st ivf and now 1.65. dunno its age or repeated poking cos this.with 1.somethg amh for new try will it like wait left 4 eggs and fallout left 1, dunno i can take this crude thg or not. maybi i tend to think too much thats y so烦

but congrats on yr baby! i did consider low sim but think i need to get back my confidence first. feeling very stressful now as everyday thinking ttc matters. too stress i think cant ivf also.

only thing havent try now is dhea and acupuncture(i scared of current and needles,ever fainted with acu). sometimes i think we ladies who encounter this problem very ke lian when its just a simple dream. sorry for ranting as i have no 1 to pour this too as no1 knows abt this art thg except my husband. we didnt tell our relatives nor friends or colleagues. sometimes its just too overwhelming bottling alone
I understand le... I'm going to start 5th cycle soon it's damn sian one. But if u can just try again just not to have regrets. I only come to realize one thing. How come most of us ladies eggs are jialat one ?? Is it just coincidence or there is some explanation to it? My eggs also lousy de. Oh my god. Sounds so doom but still pushing on!

May i know where do i see the Amh level? is it in the blood test results we done? is there any name for it?
I don't think there's a special name for the test. It's really the Amh level test or to check ovarian reserve. Most GP knows and it's a separate test you need to ask for. Not included in standard ivf blood test.

basel temperature is unreliable during ivf.

Dear ladies, anyone know for endo scratching, when do we do the procedure? My 3rd fresh cycle is in Nov with KKH.
I rem the nurse told me to call up in Oct like before my menses start.. Wonder if we do it after the menses or before the menses in Oct?
Hi endo scratch need to be done 1 week before menses. So u call kkh nurse when ur Oct menses come then they will arrange u to go down about 3 weeks later. Dr will scratch for u in the room . Only 3mins then finished. Very fast. Will have menses pain and bit of bleeding afterward . Good luck.

I understand le... I'm going to start 5th cycle soon it's damn sian one. But if u can just try again just not to have regrets. I only come to realize one thing. How come most of us ladies eggs are jialat one ?? Is it just coincidence or there is some explanation to it? My eggs also lousy de. Oh my god. Sounds so doom but still pushing on!
5th cycle as in fresh or total of fresh n frozen ?
Look at the bright side ladies, tik of rainbow baby in ur hands, all these tries are nothing when u hold them . I bfp w my gal at 8th cycle which is my 5th fresh. I did total of 8 tries from 2011 to 2014 . Strike once but mc.we were about to give up but Roland said it proves tat I can get pregnant.he didn't has to urge us try again, we decided last try n got it. Most unforgettable date , 8 March 14 the day et which I got my gal was the day mh370 went missing..our persistence paid off
Yes we spent a lot of money , physically n mentally quite drained but its worth it when I look at her now.in between I went to tsb monthly for 2 years as well.
I don't know how I went thru all the jabs myself n basically my hub only produce swimmers n tats it..

need some advice from sisters here...
Yesterday is my doc review after my failed 1st fresh cycle in Aug, doc said for my case, implantation did occurred but sad to said, it did not continue growing after that. So I suppose this is chemical pregnancy?

I arrange for FET in next month and I ask does endo scratch help? Doc reply 'can do, can try'

But when I google about endo scratch, it did assist in implantation issue but implantation did happen for me, just that it did not continue which can be due to embryo quality, womb issue or unexplained reasons...

Wondering should I do endo scratch?????

Just had my blood test results. E reading only 28.3. Nurse asked me to go back on sat to retest. Is it as good as negative? Can i dun go back? I doubt e reading will raise to above 250 in 2 days. Any similar stories here?

Just had my blood test results. E reading only 28.3. Nurse asked me to go back on sat to retest. Is it as good as negative? Can i dun go back? I doubt e reading will raise to above 250 in 2 days. Any similar stories here?

Happy,
When was ur reading taken ?
My beta hcg was only 8+ on dpt11.
Monitored my hcg every 2/3 days until about 5k+.

Hi endo scratch need to be done 1 week before menses. So u call kkh nurse when ur Oct menses come then they will arrange u to go down about 3 weeks later. Dr will scratch for u in the room . Only 3mins then finished. Very fast. Will have menses pain and bit of bleeding afterward . Good luck.

Dear mimi_june, thank you very much!!

When was your transfer? And is it day 3 or 5?

Does ivf can use donor egg in singapore ?
I think you can if really got problem and doctor already said that you cannot conceive using your own egg. My sis has borderline ovarian cancer. At first I offered my egg but then she refused as she doesn't want me to delay my fet so she will go to penang for it.

I think you can if really got problem and doctor already said that you cannot conceive using your own egg. My sis has borderline ovarian cancer. At first I offered my egg but then she refused as she doesn't want me to delay my fet so she will go to penang for it.

I think it's better to go back to do a re-test, cos the reading may double or triple, and you have to be on duphaston in the event if you are really pregnant. If you assume and do not go back, what happens if the pregnancy is viable..?

need some advice from sisters here...
Yesterday is my doc review after my failed 1st fresh cycle in Aug, doc said for my case, implantation did occurred but sad to said, it did not continue growing after that. So I suppose this is chemical pregnancy?

I arrange for FET in next month and I ask does endo scratch help? Doc reply 'can do, can try'

But when I google about endo scratch, it did assist in implantation issue but implantation did happen for me, just that it did not continue which can be due to embryo quality, womb issue or unexplained reasons...

Wondering should I do endo scratch?????
Hi yes endo scratch is for implantation. How the doc knew that implantation occurred? From blood test? If egg quality problems, endo scratch will not help. But endo scratch not big procedure and u can do it too.

Hi yes endo scratch is for implantation. How the doc knew that implantation occurred? From blood test? If egg quality problems, endo scratch will not help. But endo scratch not big procedure and u can do it too.
Is from my blood test result which show has HCG level...the thing is dunno is caused by what reasons...so I think of endo scratch...

It was pretty reliable for mine. Once drop means af coming. Usually accurate if implantation didnt occur
Thanks to all who replied.. It has dropped a lot on consecutive days indicating that body not producing enough progesterone on my own because implantation didn't occur.. I have mild endo and mild pcos, the blast seemed to be a good quality, and lining was 14mm triple, so I really don't know what's the problem.. I know failure is expected and common but just want to trouble shoot so that I can adjust if necessary .. Could it be the transfer was done too late? Practically done at day 23 of the cycle... If Af is normal , can I start immediately next cycle for fet? When will they arrange dr review with the overall dr in charge (kkh)? They didn't want to transfer 2 blasts since I have higher risk of ohss, but for fet should I insist on 2?

Thanks to all who replied.. It has dropped a lot on consecutive days indicating that body not producing enough progesterone on my own because implantation didn't occur.. I have mild endo and mild pcos, the blast seemed to be a good quality, and lining was 14mm triple, so I really don't know what's the problem.. I know failure is expected and common but just want to trouble shoot so that I can adjust if necessary .. Could it be the transfer was done too late? Practically done at day 23 of the cycle... If Af is normal , can I start immediately next cycle for fet? When will they arrange dr review with the overall dr in charge (kkh)? They didn't want to transfer 2 blasts since I have higher risk of ohss, but for fet should I insist on 2?

Yes you can start as soon as your period come. My doc said if we are high risk of developing ohss, fet is the best to do. Cos if force transfer fresh, failure chance is high since our E2 hormone is so high. Which happened to me oso with my 1st fresh (other doc), i developed ohss, my E2 was very high, i bloated and feel very very pain after ER and I failed that time. Then got bfp w fet.
Btw nice lining you have there, Jia You!

I don't think there's a special name for the test. It's really the Amh level test or to check ovarian reserve. Most GP knows and it's a separate test you need to ask for. Not included in standard ivf blood test.

Oic, so its a separate test. Thanks for your info.

Hello coppergold. I transferred 2 blasts recently and also failed. Have failed 3 tries myself.
There really isn't an explanation. Doc likely will tell u it could be sperm quality or ur womb.. so I'm also looking for an answer too..
Usually 3 weeks from bt date.. if lucky doc is available then u can see him or her earlier..

My recommendation is that u ask for more tests maybe? Hsg, hysteroscopy if haven't do. Pgd too exp to do in sg.. if u have pcos, another doc reco inositol before..u can consider trying..

And I reco transferring 2 if possible..

Last edited:

No explanation usually and it's hard to pinpoint as there are too many variants that spoiled the soup in the process. When ivf is concerns they dn follow ur natural cycle anymore and usually they test your progesterone before transferring. If lining too old they won't do it so you should check with during your review. Get the values, don't let the doc tell u it's normal, it's fine. Do some checks yourself.
If AF is normal u can start fet almost immediately. For me I will definitely go for two transfers, higher chance really. I myself done 4 cycles. Always two for transfer.

Hallo! I'm a silent reader of this forum so I doubt anyone would know my existence. I would like to share an interesting and scientifically tested news to all sisters who are early in their TWW or pending for their ET soon. I shared this because following close to #4000 thread and no one seems to talk about it. So trying to contribute something useful info here

Sleeping position may have an influence to where in your womb the implantation of the embryo would be which will have an implication on placenta development.

http://www.ajog.org/article/0002-9378(77)90537-3/abstract (Published in 1977)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/11799817/ (Published in 2002)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/24283300/?i=3&from=/11799817/related (published in 2014)

You may need to find friends or relatives who are currently in NTU or NUS to gain full access of these journals for free.

Do not confuse that sleeping position will enhance implantation. But I think no harm trying if it may boost chances of implantation as well. Some overseas forum claims side sleeping enhances implantation but don't know true or not.

Anyway, good luck with baby dust to all ladies here. I'm TTC too.

yes, the more eggs they retrieved the more painful it can get or if you are the type at risk of OHSS the pain can be significant

I retrieved more than 60 follicles previously with minimal side effects except for being bloated.

However last retrieval, i had 30 follicles but had horrible spams at my top abdomen after retrieval and the pain was so unbearable.

Went back to my dr and it seemed to be an overlook from the anesthetist as she did not prescribed me with pain killers. After popping the pain killers, the pain went away the every next day.

So recommend to highlight any pain to the clinic while we are resting at the rest bay and request for pain killers before u head home.

I retrieved more than 60 follicles previously with minimal side effects except for being bloated.

However last retrieval, i had 30 follicles but had horrible spams at my top abdomen after retrieval and the pain was so unbearable.

Went back to my dr and it seemed to be an overlook from the anesthetist as she did not prescribed me with pain killers. After popping the pain killers, the pain went away the every next day.

So recommend to highlight any pain to the clinic while we are resting at the rest bay and request for pain killers before u head home.
Hi wahhh u had so many follicles. How many were fertilized from 60s and 30s follicles ? Do u take any supplements for eggs? I wish I can get these much follicles. Any nutrition did u take? What dosage of injection did u take? Gonal F or puregon? Thanks

Have someone ever think of adopting a child if over 40? Any one ?

I did. I went for preadoption briefing. If u are interested u should attend one to find out more. It's compulsory to attend before u can adopt a child n session free.

However the fee for adoption is very expensive around 30 to 40k. This includes agent fee, mum expenses n bills, checkup n paperwork. If u can adopt from S'pore it will be around 10k. The queue for adopting a local baby is long n u may have to wait for yrs.

https://app.adoption.gov.sg/RegisterWorkshopIntro.aspx

Hi wahhh u had so many follicles. How many were fertilized from 60s and 30s follicles ? Do u take any supplements for eggs? I wish I can get these much follicles. Any nutrition did u take? What dosage of injection did u take? Gonal F or puregon? Thanks

Ladies with pcos will likely be overstimulated and i doubt supplements can help increase no. Of follicles. I was on gonalF for both these cycles.

1st cycle From 60+ to 30 matured eggs and froze 15 D3 embryos and resulted in 1 live birth. Nurses were telling me ... So good to have many follicles and i dont even need to do any more fresh cycles but it turned out otherwise as the embryos quality were no good.

2nd fresh, 30 --> 14 matured and left with only one Day 6blastocyst.

To conclude its not a good thing to have so many follicles. Body more susceptible to ohss and gotta to do FET instead of fresh transfer.

Most importantly is to have a good quality embryo to make things happen!!

Last edited:
I did. I went for preadoption briefing. If u are interested u should attend one to find out more. It's compulsory to attend before u can adopt a child n session free.

However the fee for adoption is very expensive around 30 to 40k. This includes agent fee, mum expenses n bills, checkup n paperwork. If u can adopt from S'pore it will be around 10k. The queue for adopting a local baby is long n u may have to wait for yrs.

https://app.adoption.gov.sg/RegisterWorkshopIntro.aspx
Bunny33 which one choose? Have you go though the interview ?

Bunny33 which one choose? Have you go though the interview ?

U can choose any one of the center to attend the briefing. I just went in to take a look n it seems like the preadoption briefing no records found. I am not sure why. U may want to call to enquire. I did not go through the interview because i haven't reach that step. First u need to register for preadoption briefing next is to fill up online forms which is very detail n consist of ten pages. Once u submit the form one of the person incharge will contact u to arrange for interview in their office. After that they will come to your house to look around n interview u n hubby. They will need two contacts can be frens or relatives which u have known for ten yrs. they will call them up to ask some questions. Once all these are done they will access n finally give approval. U can only contact the adoption agency to source for babies when everything is approved. Without the HSR agency will not entertain u. It's quite a long tedious process n I believe the purpose is to make sure people do not adopt just for fun and really want it. There is a fee for paper work if I remember correctly is 1.5k.
Go for the briefing first before u start anything else.

U can choose any one of the center to attend the briefing. I just went in to take a look n it seems like the preadoption briefing no records found. I am not sure why. U may want to call to enquire. I did not go through the interview because i haven't reach that step. First u need to register for preadoption briefing next is to fill up online forms which is very detail n consist of ten pages. Once u submit the form one of the person incharge will contact u to arrange for interview in their office. After that they will come to your house to look around n interview u n hubby. They will need two contacts can be frens or relatives which u have known for ten yrs. they will call them up to ask some questions. Once all these are done they will access n finally give approval. U can only contact the adoption agency to source for babies when everything is approved. Without the HSR agency will not entertain u. It's quite a long tedious process n I believe the purpose is to make sure people do not adopt just for fun and really want it. There is a fee for paper work if I remember correctly is 1.5k.
Go for the briefing first before u start anything else.
Thanks a lot . My husband don't want to adopt now until can not make it. Baby dust to all of you.

Back