IVF/ICSI Support Group

hello ladies! so just wanted to share something to encourage you all. I posted before that I failed my first fresh IVF. yield was so bad only 1 embryo to transfer and none for frozen even! that was in May and I had my blood test in end may. I took all your advice and decided to try acupuncture and TCM at Thomson Chinese medicine. also started taking some coq10, and just well generally looking towards chilling out and doing all the activities I cut down before (sushi, tennis, drink alcohol and coffee haha)! my period came the day after my bfn blood test...during the next menstrual cycle, my ovulation was super delayed. I went to the doctor for a follow up and I was maybe only near ovulation like on day 30-35! probably due to the IVF meds.

but guess what, my period subsequently never came.... I thought my period had gone crazy and was just gonna check with the doctor when I decided to do a hpt. it was positive and I was so shocked I spent another $50 buying tests.

I'm now about 7 weeks plus pregnant. still very early days really. but I just wanted to share to encourage all of you to not give up. I've really been very comforted by this forum! so much good advice!! good luck again for all those with blood tests on Friday! look forward to good news from you all

Hey there.Am goin for endoscratch soon. any diference frm spottin post scratch and a real 1st day full flow menses.
.Bcoz my menses before full flow tends to spot.i feared i cant tell the diference that making.me dificult to knw wich is real full flow menses to start my fresh cycle...And my usual full flow is not alot usuali.Will i b easily confused?
No mah..u already said "before full flow tends to spot", so I reckon you know when your full flow starts? Else another way to confirm a full flow is your sanitary pad is soaked

Hey there.Am goin for endoscratch soon. any diference frm spottin post scratch and a real 1st day full flow menses.
.Bcoz my menses before full flow tends to spot.i feared i cant tell the diference that making.me dificult to knw wich is real full flow menses to start my fresh cycle...And my usual full flow is not alot usuali.Will i b easily confused?
That time during my endo scratch the bleeding is only on the day itself, not a lot also.. After that no spotting

hello ladies! so just wanted to share something to encourage you all. I posted before that I failed my first fresh IVF. yield was so bad only 1 embryo to transfer and none for frozen even! that was in May and I had my blood test in end may. I took all your advice and decided to try acupuncture and TCM at Thomson Chinese medicine. also started taking some coq10, and just well generally looking towards chilling out and doing all the activities I cut down before (sushi, tennis, drink alcohol and coffee haha)! my period came the day after my bfn blood test...during the next menstrual cycle, my ovulation was super delayed. I went to the doctor for a follow up and I was maybe only near ovulation like on day 30-35! probably due to the IVF meds.

but guess what, my period subsequently never came.... I thought my period had gone crazy and was just gonna check with the doctor when I decided to do a hpt. it was positive and I was so shocked I spent another $50 buying tests.

I'm now about 7 weeks plus pregnant. still very early days really. but I just wanted to share to encourage all of you to not give up. I've really been very comforted by this forum! so much good advice!! good luck again for all those with blood tests on Friday! look forward to good news from you all
Wow congrats! I supposed this is natural conceive? It's really a miracle!
Did u manage to conceive naturally before?

thanks! yes it's natural. nope this is my first time. I tried 3 iuis before trying IVF at NUH. really thank God and I pray the baby continues to grow well
Congrats aurelie! Thanks for sharing and spurring us on. Have faith and you will have a smooth 9 months ahead. Take care and all the best to you! :)

Last one was on wed morning, next one on thurs morning next week. Since my tww I saw him seeing mtb at clinic d in the mornings, between running to do ER / ET.
Ok, I know that he used to see patients at the Private Suite (now clinic B) only on Tuesdays...Monday is his surgery day, maybe on other days at clinic D

Experience ah..previously at private suite, still not too bad, soft lights & free drinks. Now have to go to Clinic B, which I don't really like. Waiting time is within 1.5 hours. Each appointment is approximately $100+ for consultation. Yup, no package. I don't see him in Clinic D Liao
May I ask for KK O&G private patients who pay private rates through the 9 months, does your doctor personally scan you with an ultrasound machine in the room like at private clinics outside? Or you have to queue for to be scanned by sonographer separately?

May I ask for KK O&G private patients who pay private rates through the 9 months, does your doctor personally scan you with an ultrasound machine in the room like at private clinics outside? Or you have to queue for to be scanned by sonographer separately?

Routine scans doctor will scan in the room itself, not at the level 1 scanning place. Detailed scan at 5th month or any other detailed scans will need to be done at another place at level 2, where the higher resolution machines resides...

Congrats gal! Wishing u a smooth 9 months ahead! Take good care ya

Hello, for crinone users, i believe this qn might hv been asked before, that its normal to have clumps n discharges? But wont that also risk infections? Anyone stop or change from crinone to something else? Anyone on progesterone jabs daily instead?

Hello, for crinone users, i believe this qn might hv been asked before, that its normal to have clumps n discharges? But wont that also risk infections? Anyone stop or change from crinone to something else? Anyone on progesterone jabs daily instead?
I haf clumps n discharges aso.. Sometime after the insert i took out there is some clump on the insert.. Sometime wif some brown stuffs there

But somehow if we only use up one sanitary pad a day, does it consider a full flow. how do we determine if this is a full flow?
I think it depends on your own usual flow. Hard to compare with others coz some have more volume using more than 1 heavy flow pad a day on heavy days while others only use 1 heavy flow pad a day. For Ivf purpose, the general guide is more on when you start menses - if you spot and have light flow before 12pm and the flow is expected to progress on as your usual menses and turns to your heavy flow within the same say, that day is considered day 1. If you spot after 12pm, the next day can be considered as day 1 unless you progress on to heavy flow within the same day based on your own usual menses, then you can inform the clinic and confirm with them. In any case, when not sure, dun stress over 2nd guessing, just call the clinic on first day of spotting and check with the nurse.

I think it depends on your own usual flow. Hard to compare with others coz some have more volume using more than 1 heavy flow pad a day on heavy days while others only use 1 heavy flow pad a day. For Ivf purpose, the general guide is more on when you start menses - if you spot and have light flow before 12pm and the flow is expected to progress on as your usual menses and turns to your heavy flow within the same say, that day is considered day 1. If you spot after 12pm, the next day can be considered as day 1 unless you progress on to heavy flow within the same day based on your own usual menses, then you can inform the clinic and confirm with them. In any case, when not sure, dun stress over 2nd guessing, just call the clinic on first day of spotting and check with the nurse.
Thanks DawnBB, that's what I am stressing before, and right now, I always remind myself, once my "suspect" menses is here, I will immediately call and report to the nurse.

Not confusing...full flow is you really need a sanitary pad instead of panty liner..
Any preparation for endo scratch such as no food drink after midnight? Ive book aptmt thru hotline and they have given me the date but no nurse call me to inform on preparation.Only sms for aptmt slot...

Last edited:
Any preparation for endo scratch such as no food drink after midnight? Ive book aptmt thru hotline and they have given me the date but no nurse call me to inform on preparation.Only sms for aptmt slot...
No restriction for endo scratch, just no sex prior and after scratch

You cannot be pregnant when they scratch you. Also, remember to have a full bladder, same like doing ET. All the best to your cycle :)

yup i did. after my two miscarriages, i insisted on doing karyotyping.. though the dr told me it's not necessary cos 99.9 percent of the time, there is no problem! luckily i did cos turns out.. i got balanced chromosomes!! so that marked the end of our ttc naturally journey loh...

pgd can only be done if u have a diagnosed genetic disorder or sth.. and only at restructured hospitals - sgh, nuh,kkh. if u have no diagnosed genetic problem or you are with private clinic.. gotta write in for special request.. and see if they approve.. cos govt wants to make sure use of pgd is not abused for pple to choose baby gender!
Hi happynods.... the karyotype test was done on you or bb? My doctor did karyotype on bb after my 2nd mc.. Result come back all normal..

Morning cycle buddies... I jus test hpt.. The result is negative :(
You tested with clear blue?

I'm joining you. My AF cramps have intensified and saw fresh blood when I did the crinone insert this morning....will just go for the BT for a proper closure.

Almondearie, hoping to hear good news from you.

I'm joining you. My AF cramps have intensified and saw fresh blood when I did the crinone insert this morning....will just go for the BT for a proper closure.

Ya i tested wif clearblue.. B4 i test i saw some light pink spotting :(

I tested too... Got faint double lines on my cheapo kits and a '+' sign on my clearblue... Pending BT tmr to confirm if my Hcg levels are healthy...

Cycle buddies, hugs, I'll be with u girls on this forum all the way k. But wait till the BT tmr to confirm the outcomes.
Congrats almondearie!

Hi happynods.... the karyotype test was done on you or bb? My doctor did karyotype on bb after my 2nd mc.. Result come back all normal..

tested baby, husband and me. in the end the problem is me. diagnosed balanced chromosome. the baby was ok though! i.e the 12% of pregnancies that baby is normal, so it was really really rare. but i still miscarriage! no reason given.

I tested too... Got faint double lines on my cheapo kits and a '+' sign on my clearblue... Pending BT tmr to confirm if my Hcg levels are healthy...

Cycle buddies, hugs, I'll be with u girls on this forum all the way k. But wait till the BT tmr to confirm the outcomes.
Update us the good news tomorrow. JY.

Bt is a must tho u have blood presence.For closure.U r rigjt...

Oh i didn't kno that!
Yup, the nurse will call you informing whether it's a BFP or BFN and she will also arrange the next appointment with your main doc, say THH on the review, like why it failed etc..

If BFP, she will also inform you asking you to come back to collect the prescription for duphaston, progynova and folic acid and the date for foetus scan.

Back