IVF/ICSI Support Group

Wow, 32 is a good number! Hope u have a smooth sailing pregnancy!

My cycles never exceed 4 eggs and poor quality.... I also took supplements, tcm, acupunture, change lifestyle but... Nothing works. To have my own kid, in my dreams only... Am on to my 5th cycle next year... Very tiring and feel financially taxing cos all pay with cash.
I recalled you were considering Dr Loh too? Are u starting with him or staying back at KKH. I rem you are a lady who has tried very hard for this TTC journey, feeling tell me it will be your turn soon. Don't give up... U are nearing your goal!

Dear sistas, thanks for your concern and well wishes, especially to many sisters who have also pm me.
My sincere apologies for not replying earlier as I have 'zoned out' from the forum next day after my FET on 4 Dec.

All my previous 4 transfers involved a total of 9 excellent or good day 2 or 3 embryos, all BFN.
I had total of 10 frozen day-2 embies left from 2nd & 3rd fresh cycles. For this current medicated FET (5th transfer and also my 2nd FET), we went for our first try at day-5 transfer.

We thawed 5 embies out of the 10. All 5 survived thawing with fully intact cells. By day 3, they were four grade 1 (best per TFC standard) and one grade 2. We could then see how this took a turn as they progressed to day 5 and 6. On day 5, they chose the best 2 in terms of growth and visual morphology for FET - one expanded 4BC blastocyst and one early blastocyst -considered fair quality. On day 6, none of the remaining 3 made it to freeze - one morula arrested before becoming blastocyst, one early blastocyst degenerating and one expanded blastocyst which they felt was not good enough for freezing.

I just did my BT today. It's a BFP with beta hcg at 558 iu/L. I'm still quite in shock. Mainly because I did not have much symptoms at all. Sore boobs even subsided by 11dp5dt. Midway the 1.5 week wait, I lost it believing that this cycle will not work too. I had even already contacted Dr. Wiwat's clinic preparing to do a fresh IVF in Thailand with PGD-aCGH next round as I am too tired of more transfers without knowing if my embies or blastocysts are chromosomally normal.

The 2ww is really tough as usual. It is easy to encourage others but when it comes to your turn in the 2ww facing the unknown and battling conflicting emotions constantly, sometimes it is really hard to get your spirits up especially when I don't feel much symptoms that I thought I ought to be feeling. Also, no matter how much I psyched myself not to symptom-spot or obsess, I do.

After 20 months of TTC inclusive of 13 months on IVF journey with 3 fresh cycles and 2 FETs, finally the much desired BFP. It is an indescribable overwhelm of emotions. Yet we reminded ourselves to be cautiously happy while we pray hard with all our might that all will go well and that we will see the heartbeat 2 weeks later to confirm a viable pregnancy.

I am very grateful to sisters in this forum who have come to be the people closest to me going through this journey, even more than many friends whom I knew in my life. I hope I have been able to inspire you and hope to continue to do so to my best ability.

Don't give up hope, persevere on and believe it can happen. All the best and early baby dust to all.
Congratulations sis! Finally.all your patience n preservarance paid off. Pray hard that all go smoothly your way from now on. Big hugs for u.
Baby dust... wo hoo!!

Last edited:
Hi Ladies

Today is day 7 of my stimms. The doctor did a scan for me this morning and as of today, I have 30 follicles of approximately 10-13mm big. I may be at risk of OHSS and the embryo transfer might only take place next month. Despite having high follicle count, the nurses said I still have to continue with the injections as they needed my follicles to grow to 17mm. Has anyone here had their doctor go ahead with the embryo transfer despite having at least 30 follicles? Also, should the doctor decide to perform the transfer next month, how many days MC/HL will we be given for the egg retrieval alone? I was also wondering whether there's any way I can increase the rate of follicle growth so I can stop the injections as soon as possible.

Cheers

Pam

Wow, 32 is a good number! Hope u have a smooth sailing pregnancy!

My cycles never exceed 4 eggs and poor quality.... I also took supplements, tcm, acupunture, change lifestyle but... Nothing works. To have my own kid, in my dreams only... Am on to my 5th cycle next year... Very tiring and feel financially taxing cos all pay with cash.
I learned in this journey that having number is just that, ultimately egg & embryo quality is very important and lastly the physical, emotional & financial stamina to battle the daunting uncertainties to go through cycles after cycles to get to that one chromosomally normal one that will work. It gets even more challenging when we are ready to have a child yet have to race against aging.

Trying to hang on to hope & have faith is really tough especially when faced with repeated failures & understanding the facts of what odds are stacked against you. There have been real cases of success on first or second try but how to count on being that lucky? I scour success stories online to remind myself that for the majority, the sweetness comes against the odds, after much sacrifice & tears.

I'm also only human & I'm not in the most hopeful of moods all the time. We can only do our best, hope for the best, yet make backup plans & prepare for the worst. Ultimately hubby & yourself agree what is enough to have no regrets & find peace together. Jia you k.

Last edited:
Hi Ladies

Today is day 7 of my stimms. The doctor did a scan for me this morning and as of today, I have 30 follicles of approximately 10-13mm big. I may be at risk of OHSS and the embryo transfer might only take place next month. Despite having high follicle count, the nurses said I still have to continue with the injections as they needed my follicles to grow to 17mm. Has anyone here had their doctor go ahead with the embryo transfer despite having at least 30 follicles? Also, should the doctor decide to perform the transfer next month, how many days MC/HL will we be given for the egg retrieval alone? I was also wondering whether there's any way I can increase the rate of follicle growth so I can stop the injections as soon as possible.

Cheers

Pam
Hi,

I did FET and fresh transferred before at KKH.
At 20 eggs, they were already worried that i will have OHSS and did not transfer fresh. Let alone your case of 30... But ur health is top priority. Don't risk OHSS. If touchwood, hospitalized, the eggs might get wasted too with their chances being affected... I had mild bloatedness and was walking like pregnant woman even though no embies in me.
During my ER, i was only given 3 days HL. Which was fine for me, coz no embies in me, stay at home also will begin to think alot.
I don't know of any other way to increase rate of follicle other than injection. Coz u want the follicles to all grow at the same rate and all to reach 17mm. My case, some reached, some did not, out of 13 follicles, only 9 were matured, and only 2 workable ones. You want quality, girl! :) Take care! Drink plenty of water and I heard royal jelly and egg whites help to prevent OHSS.

Hi Ladies

Cheers

Pam
Dearie, follicle growth usually start out slow but once they reach about 12mm, they usually are expected to grow more predictably at almost 2mm per day under stims. You prob have another 2 at most 3 days of jabs to go.
Take more protein rich foods. Egg whites are recommended as they give the most protein per whole food. Get adequate hydration. Have good rest & try to go to bed earlier at night to enhance cell growth & rejuvenation.

I had mild OHSS for first cycle and always at high risk for subsequent cycles. OHSS can be prevented with conscious effort but need to start as early as possible even before the hcg trigger jab. Increase intake of protein rich foods (I had up to 4-6 egg whites towards & after ER). Also drink at least 2L water daily (some suggest drink electrolyte balancing drinks like H-Two-O).

At TFC they have a checklist to check your condition and usually go ahead with ET unless you have symptoms of moderate OHSS. This is because OHSS can be managed. It is a time limiting condition that should subside overtime and rarely escalates to severe OHSS. I went ahead with ET in all my fresh cycles. I agree with daybreak_rose that your health is most important. I would say go with what the doctor advises for your case as they will know what suits you most.

Good read on OHSS - http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

Jia you & All the best!

Dear sistas, thanks for your concern and well wishes, especially to many sisters who have also pm me.
My sincere apologies for not replying earlier as I have 'zoned out' from the forum next day after my FET on 4 Dec.

All my previous 4 transfers involved a total of 9 excellent or good day 2 or 3 embryos, all BFN.
I had total of 10 frozen day-2 embies left from 2nd & 3rd fresh cycles. For this current medicated FET (5th transfer and also my 2nd FET), we went for our first try at day-5 transfer.

We thawed 5 embies out of the 10. All 5 survived thawing with fully intact cells. By day 3, they were four grade 1 (best per TFC standard) and one grade 2. We could then see how this took a turn as they progressed to day 5 and 6. On day 5, they chose the best 2 in terms of growth and visual morphology for FET - one expanded 4BC blastocyst and one early blastocyst -considered fair quality. On day 6, none of the remaining 3 made it to freeze - one morula arrested before becoming blastocyst, one early blastocyst degenerating and one expanded blastocyst which they felt was not good enough for freezing.

I just did my BT today. It's a BFP with beta hcg at 558 iu/L. I'm still quite in shock. Mainly because I did not have much symptoms at all. Sore boobs even subsided by 11dp5dt. Midway the 1.5 week wait, I lost it believing that this cycle will not work too. I had even already contacted Dr. Wiwat's clinic preparing to do a fresh IVF in Thailand with PGD-aCGH next round as I am too tired of more transfers without knowing if my embies or blastocysts are chromosomally normal.

The 2ww is really tough as usual. It is easy to encourage others but when it comes to your turn in the 2ww facing the unknown and battling conflicting emotions constantly, sometimes it is really hard to get your spirits up especially when I don't feel much symptoms that I thought I ought to be feeling. Also, no matter how much I psyched myself not to symptom-spot or obsess, I do.

After 20 months of TTC inclusive of 13 months on IVF journey with 3 fresh cycles and 2 FETs, finally the much desired BFP. It is an indescribable overwhelm of emotions. Yet we reminded ourselves to be cautiously happy while we pray hard with all our might that all will go well and that we will see the heartbeat 2 weeks later to confirm a viable pregnancy.

I am very grateful to sisters in this forum who have come to be the people closest to me going through this journey, even more than many friends whom I knew in my life. I hope I have been able to inspire you and hope to continue to do so to my best ability.

Don't give up hope, persevere on and believe it can happen. All the best and early baby dust to all.

Wow!! Congrats to u dawn!!!!! So happy for u.. grabbing some.baby dusts.. n looking forward to my next cycle..

U are such a well informed person in IVF n procedures..

May i ask how old r u?? And yr FET is how long after yr fresh cycle?
Just measuring the odds.. i got 4 more..

I wanna pm u..and know u more...love inspiring women!!!

Hi Ladies

Cheers

Pam
Hi Pam, I had 20 follicles at day 7 stim. i continued stim jab till day 10 stim. like you, i also cannot do fresh ET this month. i just had my ER yesterday and got HL till 4 Jan. By the way, I'm at KKH. The protocol might be different in other hospitals. Tomorrow need to go back to take blood test to make sure I don't get OHSS.

Wow!! Congrats to u dawn!!!!! So happy for u.. grabbing some.baby dusts.. n looking forward to my next cycle..

U are such a well informed person in IVF n procedures..

May i ask how old r u?? And yr FET is how long after yr fresh cycle?
Just measuring the odds.. i got 4 more..

I wanna pm u..and know u more...love inspiring women!!!
Woah...thanks lol ;)
I'm 38 years "young" going 39 very soon.
My last medicated FET was about 2.5 months after fresh cycle in Sep. Had to abandon the natural Fet in Nov because a 15mm follicle on CD10 didn't grow beyond 16mm on CD19 and AF started on CD20, a freak cycle considering my previous regular 33 days natural cycles. So on to med FET in Dec. Sometimes after doing all you can, you can't fight fate as my doc said.

All the best to you!

Woah...thanks lol ;)
My last medicated FET was about 2.5 months after fresh cycle in Sep. Had to abandon the natural Fet in Nov because a 15mm follicle on CD10 didn't grow beyond 16mm on CD19 and AF started on CD20, a freak cycle considering my previous regular 33 days natural cycles. So on to med FET in Dec. Sometimes after doing all you can, you can't fight fate as my doc said.

All the best to you!
Congrats!! What else can be more joyous than this before the end of this yr!

I'm so happy for you!
Happy 9 months! I hope I can join u soooooon!

Sisters in e tww, I was persistent that I do not want to symptom spot this cycle. But, I'm feeling nausea every few hours & appetite isn't good when I'm only 2dp3dt. Anyone feeling the same? Is it the utrogestan?

Hi,

I did FET and fresh transferred before at KKH.
At 20 eggs, they were already worried that i will have OHSS and did not transfer fresh. Let alone your case of 30... But ur health is top priority. Don't risk OHSS. If touchwood, hospitalized, the eggs might get wasted too with their chances being affected... I had mild bloatedness and was walking like pregnant woman even though no embies in me.
During my ER, i was only given 3 days HL. Which was fine for me, coz no embies in me, stay at home also will begin to think alot.
I don't know of any other way to increase rate of follicle other than injection. Coz u want the follicles to all grow at the same rate and all to reach 17mm. My case, some reached, some did not, out of 13 follicles, only 9 were matured, and only 2 workable ones. You want quality, girl! :) Take care! Drink plenty of water and I heard royal jelly and egg whites help to prevent OHSS.

Hi @daybreak_rose

Oh so they give only 3 days HL after the retrieval. Is there any drugs prescribed to prepare for your following month's transfer? I'm also wondering if all the drugs taken this month will affect (delay or miss) my period next month. Did you encounter any delay or missed periods on the following month?

I'm taking 3 egg whites a day and I'm drinking coconut water and have been taking Royal Jelly, Folic Acid and Prenatal Conceive Well tablets.

Dearie, follicle growth usually start out slow but once they reach about 12mm, they usually are expected to grow more predictably at almost 2mm per day under stims. You prob have another 2 at most 3 days of jabs to go.
Take more protein rich foods. Egg whites are recommended as they give the most protein per whole food. Get adequate hydration. Have good rest & try to go to bed earlier at night to enhance cell growth & rejuvenation.

I had mild OHSS for first cycle and always at high risk for subsequent cycles. OHSS can be prevented with conscious effort but need to start as early as possible even before the hcg trigger jab. Increase intake of protein rich foods (I had up to 4-6 egg whites towards & after ER). Also drink at least 2L water daily (some suggest drink electrolyte balancing drinks like H-Two-O).

At TFC they have a checklist to check your condition and usually go ahead with ET unless you have symptoms of moderate OHSS. This is because OHSS can be managed. It is a time limiting condition that should subside overtime and rarely escalates to severe OHSS. I went ahead with ET in all my fresh cycles. I agree with daybreak_rose that your health is most important. I would say go with what the doctor advises for your case as they will know what suits you most.

Good read on OHSS - http://www.path2parenthood.org/article/are-you-at-risk-for-hyperstimulation-syndrome/

Jia you & All the best!

Hi @DawnBB

Thank you for your advise!

I will increase my egg intake and drink more isotonic drinks!

Yes, health is most important. So far the doctor didn't mention anything to me. He is a man of few words. It was the nurse who told me that I might have to do the ET next mth.

Cheers,

Pam

Hi Pam, I had 20 follicles at day 7 stim. i continued stim jab till day 10 stim. like you, i also cannot do fresh ET this month. i just had my ER yesterday and got HL till 4 Jan. By the way, I'm at KKH. The protocol might be different in other hospitals. Tomorrow need to go back to take blood test to make sure I don't get OHSS.

Hi @ChasingRainbow

I'm seeing Dr Stephen Chew from NUH. I suspect my ER will be scheduled this coming Mon. I'm experiencing bloating and mild cramping occasionally.

So for the following month, to prepare for ET, do they prescribe drugs to control ovulation? Or we are suppose to wait for our mensus to arrive and ovulate naturally?

You mentioned that you had 20 follicles at day 7. How many did you have on day 10?

Take care and rest well babe!

Cheers,

Pam

Sisters in e tww, I was persistent that I do not want to symptom spot this cycle. But, I'm feeling nausea every few hours & appetite isn't good when I'm only 2dp3dt. Anyone feeling the same? Is it the utrogestan?
Hi Claire, you are very likely still experiencing mild OHSS lingering on at this point. Can refer to the article I posted in reply to pamm earlier.
Please continue the measures to prevent and relieve OHSS. Do have plenty of rest and take foods that are easy to digest at smaller portions. Pls take care & hope that you feel better soon. All the best!

Hi @ChasingRainbow

I'm seeing Dr Stephen Chew from NUH. I suspect my ER will be scheduled this coming Mon. I'm experiencing bloating and mild cramping occasionally.

So for the following month, to prepare for ET, do they prescribe drugs to control ovulation? Or we are suppose to wait for our mensus to arrive and ovulate naturally?

You mentioned that you had 20 follicles at day 7. How many did you have on day 10?

Take care and rest well babe!

Cheers,

Pam
I also had a bit of abdominal pain and as the other sisters suggested, I drank 100plus and drank more water, which helped me feel better. I haven't been prescribed any meds after ER, maybe I'll know more tomorrow after my blood test. This month is my first IVF cycle. I might have more than 24 follicles on day 10. The sonographer stopping measuring the size after 12 on each side. Exactly how many, I didn't ask... coz was too disappointed when the doc say I cannot do ET this month.

Hi Claire, you are very likely still experiencing mild OHSS lingering on at this point. Can refer to the article I posted in reply to pamm earlier.
Please continue the measures to prevent and relieve OHSS. Do have plenty of rest and take foods that are easy to digest at smaller portions. Pls take care & hope that you feel better soon. All the best!

Thanks dear.
I was feeling alright before e transfer but it seems to be have gotten worse after that.

Any sisters heard of or went to Hua Mei acupuncture before?

Hi @Dreamscometrue, I was with Dr Zhu Ping at Hua Mei acupuncture for quite some time. She does moxibustion with acupuncture. Nice and clean environment and everyone is friendly over there. Her oral medication is in powdered sachet form. No brewing required. Short waiting time as it's by appointment basis. She was recommend to me by a friend but I was told that some of the patients under Prof PC Wong from NUH actually refer them to her.

I also had a bit of abdominal pain and as the other sisters suggested, I drank 100plus and drank more water, which helped me feel better. I haven't been prescribed any meds after ER, maybe I'll know more tomorrow after my blood test. This month is my first IVF cycle. I might have more than 24 follicles on day 10. The sonographer stopping measuring the size after 12 on each side. Exactly how many, I didn't ask... coz was too disappointed when the doc say I cannot do ET this month.

Yes, I was equally disappointed when the nurse told me they might have to do the transfer only on the following month.

My acupuncturist from Thomson Medical at NUH told me he had one patient who had 30 over follicles and they went ahead with the transfer. I'll see what my doctor says this Sat when I go for scans again :)

Take Care!

Hi dear, one of the side effects of utrogestan suppositories is vomiting and nausea.

You can Google for more side effects. Off hand I can remember is cramps, headaches etc

so great to hear good news, i hope my mrs and i will be abled to be blessed too for our first IVF round. Still in the 2ww period and i know my mrs is nerouvs about the results as she says no feel ... but am trying to help her to be positive and feel relax .. hopefully all will be good.

Hi ter, well I share yr wife's experience. Me too don't hve anymore feelings below. Do hve slight very slight twinge here n ter. Very nervous too as its my 1st ivf. Wen is ur blood test?

Yes, I was equally disappointed when the nurse told me they might have to do the transfer only on the following month.

My acupuncturist from Thomson Medical at NUH told me he had one patient who had 30 over follicles and they went ahead with the transfer. I'll see what my doctor says this Sat when I go for scans again :)

Take Care!

Aft the transfer I was informed that I got 39 follicles, I was pretty shocked as my last scan dr Loh mentioned I have got 21... Explains what DawnBB said that, I may have OHSS now? I just bite the bullet and went ahead w e HCG shot, I guess it really depends on individual and doctor?

Hi dear, one of the side effects of utrogestan suppositories is vomiting and nausea.

You can Google for more side effects. Off hand I can remember is cramps, headaches etc

I had those when I done my IUI but it was just once a day so I guess the impact wasn't as great. Adding on, I guess it's mild OHSS. It slipped my mind that I may have that as well...

Hi ter, well I share yr wife's experience. Me too don't hve anymore feelings below. Do hve slight very slight twinge here n ter. Very nervous too as its my 1st ivf. Wen is ur blood test?

for my mrs is next week. thus i told her well prep for worst but dun feel too bad is not the first time of BFN since we on IUI camp

Aft the transfer I was informed that I got 39 follicles, I was pretty shocked as my last scan dr Loh mentioned I have got 21... Explains what DawnBB said that, I may have OHSS now? I just bite the bullet and went ahead w e HCG shot, I guess it really depends on individual and doctor?

Wow 39 is a lot. How many days did it take to increase from 21 to 39?

I am already at 30 follicles and I was wondering why they did'nt further reduce my injection dosage.

I guess it is to help in follicle growth but would it influence follicle production?

Wow 39 is a lot. How many days did it take to increase from 21 to 39?

I am already at 30 follicles and I was wondering why they did'nt further reduce my injection dosage.

I guess it is to help in follicle growth but would it influence follicle production?

The 21 was just a rough gauge. It was 4 days apart? Ya jus let them grow! The more the merrier!

Hi If you found out that you are pregnant, continue to drink isotonic drink and eat eggs so as to reduce soreness as soon as possible. Even though I had no OHSS but Cyst grew around my womb after pregnancy. My IVF is alr over with 11 eggs retrieved and I'm 5 weeks into pregnancy...

Initially my left lower abdomen was super painful and I was so afraid I had ectopic pregnancy so I went O&G 24hrs clinic but ended up its multiple cyst in my ovaries. Doc said its normal as Its side effect of IVF.

Ytd I went for ultrasound scan and was still in pain on my left lower abdomen. I found cyst subsided on right ovaries but there's a 4cm cyst on the left ovary even though it is not OHSS. 4 Cysts was found in my uterus so Dr Tan HH gave me additional HL.

So it may not just be OHSS. The growth of cyst is due to production of HCG during pregnancy.

Take care!

I recalled you were considering Dr Loh too? Are u starting with him or staying back at KKH. I rem you are a lady who has tried very hard for this TTC journey, feeling tell me it will be your turn soon. Don't give up... U are nearing your goal!
Hi, I jus failed my 4th cycle with dr Loh. Due to cost consideration, I went back to KKH. I hope u r right on reaching my goal soon... Not only to me, but everyone here

Last edited:
Woah...thanks lol ;)

All the best to you!

DawnBB, Congrats!!! It such a happy news! Have a safe preggy journey!

Hi, I jus failed my 4th cycle with dr Loh. Due to cost consideration, I went back to KKH. I hope u r right on reaching my goal soon... Not only to me, but everyone here

Hi, dear,
Hope u don't mind me asking. Wat is the rough price difference between kkh & TFC?

Preserve on, dear & m sure good things ll come to u soon.. Jiayou..

Pte clinic definitely better monitoring and each scan is done by dr Loh himself unless he is away then a replacement dr will take over. He will adjust the Stim med if there is a need to. Kkh is more affordable but the problem with it is U cannot speak to your main dr when U have queries or need discussion on your protocol.
Even though protocol plays a part in BFP but the most impt is still embryo quality and as we age it is a fact that our reserve drop as well as egg quality. Dr Loh suggest I take dhea and my AMH did improve after taking.

As for ER process it's similar to kkh but more comfy as you have your own bed while waiting for your turn in recovery room. Your hubby can wait together with you before U enter the operating theatre. ET U will be given time to rest and not done n go like kkh. After ET U will be resting in bed till U ready to leave.

Cost in Tfc estimate around 12 to 16k depending on dosage n no govt grant which can be a huge sum of money. Just bring your kkh record to see dr Loh or if not U just type out your stim drug n protocol in point form to show him.

Hope this helps.

Bunny33, this is very helpful indeed. Thanks a lot, dear...

Ladies with Thomson,
May I ask, how long is the wait from 1st meeting appointment with Dr Loh to the start of the ivf cycle? & does Thomson have a ivf briefing as like kkh?

Hi... I am a 2x ivf mummy... I start of frm kkivf with 1 failed fresh cycle n managed to bfp on my 2nd fet. 3 yrs later I did another natural fet and am due on this sat.... my doc was frm kkivf n I follow her to thomson which is Dr. Loh clinic for all my ivf. I have endo for my case n blk tubes. All ladies who is trying hard.. pls keep an open mind n stay positive as much as u can.... Jia you. .. gambatte!!!

Hi @daybreak_rose

Oh so they give only 3 days HL after the retrieval. Is there any drugs prescribed to prepare for your following month's transfer? I'm also wondering if all the drugs taken this month will affect (delay or miss) my period next month. Did you encounter any delay or missed periods on the following month?

I'm taking 3 egg whites a day and I'm drinking coconut water and have been taking Royal Jelly, Folic Acid and Prenatal Conceive Well tablets.
Hihi,
For FET on next cycle, I called KKH on my first day of period and they gave me a prescription of progesterone. Little blue candy coated pills to take. I recalled those r to assist the growth of the lining before they do the ET. After which they asked me to go back and scan my lining twice. Just to make sure the lining is growing at steady rate and no need other medications. Once lining almost 10mm (I think), they will plan the ET 1-2 days later. Depending Saturday or not... That one they gave me 3 days HL too I think. But I believe can take more if u request. Eg 5 days. ET not intrusive like ER. Put tube in, let the embies wet n stick onto the lining and the rest is just 2ww.
BTW, I think the hormones did push out my period for 3-5 days. Gave me false hopes for abit coz I didn't wanna test at home...

Please continue all the vitamins and try to keep a stress free environment. Christmas is coming! Happy holidays ladies!!! :)

Ladies with Thomson,
May I ask, how long is the wait from 1st meeting appointment with Dr Loh to the start of the ivf cycle? & does Thomson have a ivf briefing as like kkh?

For pte U don't have to wait. You can consult this month and start the next month. U just need to know when he is away on leave. Dr Loh is a workaholic he usually only take leave end of dec or cny period. I remember I have a briefing on ivf process when I first do at Tfc but I don't know is it because that is my first ivf cycle. Maybe if U have done it before it is not necessary?

Hihi,
For FET on next cycle, I called KKH on my first day of period and they gave me a prescription of progesterone. Little blue candy coated pills to take. I recalled those r to assist the growth of the lining before they do the ET. After which they asked me to go back and scan my lining twice. Just to make sure the lining is growing at steady rate and no need other medications. Once lining almost 10mm (I think), they will plan the ET 1-2 days later. Depending Saturday or not... That one they gave me 3 days HL too I think. But I believe can take more if u request. Eg 5 days. ET not intrusive like ER. Put tube in, let the embies wet n stick onto the lining and the rest is just 2ww.
BTW, I think the hormones did push out my period for 3-5 days. Gave me false hopes for abit coz I didn't wanna test at home...

Please continue all the vitamins and try to keep a stress free environment. Christmas is coming! Happy holidays ladies!!! :)
Were you given any medication after ET?

Hi folks my BT result for my 1st Ivf came negative this morning. Crying my heart out. Hve to try again. All d best for d rest of u.

How can I ever forget you!! You are one sister who touched me greatly by selflessly offering and taking the trouble to meet me to lend me your CD. You inspired me to be bold & have faith in encouraging others in this forum as a way to help others and myself. And not least to mention, you & your golden embie journey inspired me heaps! Thank you so much for your well wishes. I believe all's going well with your little boy growing inside you. All the best to you too :)

Aww.. I didn't do much. You were the one who took the effort to come down here to take it from me. And you inspire me with your never-give-up spirit and advices too! So we all here let's inspire one another! :)

Yes, so far so good! I'm so excited for you!!! :)

Hi folks my BT result for my 1st Ivf came negative this morning. Crying my heart out. Hve to try again. All d best for d rest of u.

*hugs hugs* Sorry to hear that. Go take a break, go on holiday or something. Whatever it is, remember not to give up ok.
Do you have any frozen? Some ppl do better with FET than fresh cycle. So don't give up hope ok! Chin up and stride on! Jiayou sister.

*Hugs* Dearie, I hope you recover well physically and mentally soon & try again when you feel ready. Don't give up k. Persevere on and have faith it will come eventually.

Back