IVF/ICSI Support Group

Just to share what I have read previously. Is actually not good to do bed rest too much during the 2ww after transfer. Moderate walk and most important minimum stress will do us good.

Hey ladies, i just wanna do a bit of update.

At 12dp3dt now, well i'm still bleeding light flow and was really depressed for the past few days. But i went to POAS just this morning again on a clearblue and

I GOT A BFP!!!! I CANT BELIEVE IT! OMG!!
Congrats Feenix! Happy for you :)

hi @lovetohavekids thanks for sharing the info sheet. It'll help greatly with our planning. I've been thru 2 fresh and 3 frozen. This is my next frozen and hence no subsidy. I dont know if I have hit the max withdrawal limit. Hence, need to plan carefully in case I have to folk out a lot of cash.

I

Hi bunnymuimui, based on what I see on the sheet of paper given during financial counseling for IVF procedures, below are the estimated charges.

IVF/ICSI procedures: $5800 (Medisave claimable up to $4000 subjected to the max withdrawal limit of $15k per patient for all cycles add up. I assumed you have already gone thru 3 cycles since you said no more govt grant.)
Blastocyst Culture: $347.75

Hope it helps.

The full sheet is at this link.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s80/...0111cf8357b4/a366f281f1e3b7d0d8d5238f7cacaa5b

Hi Sistas..

Just want to check whether anyone encountered loose stool during 2ww??

Sorry tmi...cant recall if I had any previously...

Thanks

All the best ribbonz!!!

@Freenix, omg!! Congras!! I think u call the hosp to request BT n ask for extra support!!
Bedrest is most impt.. dun walk too much... maybe u can share with u ate during stim n 2ww.. so we hve more info.. :)

@Teddy75, thks for the info....
@wondersss. thank you! yeap i will let them know about it on Tue and request for additional support.

In terms of what i ate, around 4 egg whites (hard boiled) daily, lots of h20 after ER and the occasional durian and red bean soup

I have been taking folic acid for more then half a year actually. Not taking any other vitamins or supplements

wow this thread is very long...

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum here. Am going for the IVF procedure, starting with those injections from August onwards. At KKH. Heard that accupuncture will help with increasing pregnancy rate. Anyone has tried-and-tested accupuncture clinics to share?

So far, what I have are:

1. Annie Tiang TCM, I go there for back pain issues, and know they have some gynae exp, but not sure whether is it effective.

When you are undergoing injections, any foods to help with ensuring egg quality? Thanks!!

I

Hi bunnymuimui, based on what I see on the sheet of paper given during financial counseling for IVF procedures, below are the estimated charges.

IVF/ICSI procedures: $5800 (Medisave claimable up to $4000 subjected to the max withdrawal limit of $15k per patient for all cycles add up. I assumed you have already gone thru 3 cycles since you said no more govt grant.)
Blastocyst Culture: $347.75

Hope it helps.

The full sheet is at this link.
https://www.evernote.com/shard/s80/...0111cf8357b4/a366f281f1e3b7d0d8d5238f7cacaa5b
@lovetohavekids - thanks for the info. Seems like SGH's more costly

Attachments

• 1434281117768.jpg
    1434281117768.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 190
Hi..I'm starting on blastocyst FET soon. I'm on progynova.my last fresh cycle in Nov failed. I'm determined to make sure I succeed this time. I don't hv menses unless on medication and even if I hv, it's v little so I presume my lining is nv thick. So I've been reading to thickening my lining, I'm starting to take red bean soup & I read at raspberry leaf tea helps too. Anyone here have taken this combination b4? Is it too much??

Hi Sistas..

Just want to check whether anyone encountered loose stool during 2ww??

Sorry tmi...cant recall if I had any previously...

Thanks

I had loose stools during my 2ww in my 2nd fresh cycle which I was pregnant. But I had constipation after a few wks into pregnancy.

I didn't have loose stools for my 1st fresh cycle which failed.

hi @lovetohavekids thanks for sharing the info sheet. It'll help greatly with our planning. I've been thru 2 fresh and 3 frozen. This is my next frozen and hence no subsidy. I dont know if I have hit the max withdrawal limit. Hence, need to plan carefully in case I have to folk out a lot of cash.

Understand. Cost is a big issue. FET should be much cheaper than fresh cycle. Plan carefully so that it will not be a deterring factor. I think you should be able to check on amount you had withdrawn so far for IVF.

All the best!

I had loose stools during my 2ww in my 2nd fresh cycle which I was pregnant. But I had constipation after a few wks into pregnancy.

I didn't have loose stools for my 1st fresh cycle which failed.

Hi Dear..

Oh k...Hopefully gd news..Thanks for the update..At least I hv peace of mind...

Wish u all the best too dear..

wow this thread is very long...

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum here. Am going for the IVF procedure, starting with those injections from August onwards. At KKH. Heard that accupuncture will help with increasing pregnancy rate. Anyone has tried-and-tested accupuncture clinics to share?

So far, what I have are:

1. Annie Tiang TCM, I go there for back pain issues, and know they have some gynae exp, but not sure whether is it effective.

When you are undergoing injections, any foods to help with ensuring egg quality? Thanks!!
I went to Dr Zou at AMK for acupuncture.

I know some went to Tmc or raffles hospital for Tcm. Think there's packages there.

Going to my FET in July so went to my usual tcm. However, came back with bad news that I will never succeed w natural or ivf coz my kidney-liver constitution is poor, my good embryos can't be implanted. And it's a result of stress... Which I'm not sure what else to do other than quit my job.
Have anyone heard this from your tcm abt such condition, I've never heard or read anyone being diagnosed with this problem? What else to do other than tcm medication?

Going to my FET in July so went to my usual tcm. However, came back with bad news that I will never succeed w natural or ivf coz my kidney-liver constitution is poor, my good embryos can't be implanted. And it's a result of stress... Which I'm not sure what else to do other than quit my job.
Have anyone heard this from your tcm abt such condition, I've never heard or read anyone being diagnosed with this problem? What else to do other than tcm medication?
My TCM kept telling me that my bbt was too low (abt 36.4 after O) to support implantation, that I wouldn't succeed even with ivf.
I stuck with her for almost a yr, but bbt didn't improve... Finally I decided not to waste time, I suddenly stopped seeing her & I went ivf without telling her.
When my fresh failed, I thought she was right. But my FET succeeded, so I've proven her wrong :)

Mine retrieved 4 eggs and out of the 4, 3 fertilized. So we transferred 2. Currently I am 14dp3dt and this morning I bleed. Bright red & I guess I'm out and am stopping my progestrone.

@bunnymuimui when will you likely start start fet? Ya like u I have exhausted all funds from grants n medi save for 3 fresh. Will likely do FET in Aug. What was your total fet cost previously pls. Also for fet only lining matters is it...do we really need to ovulate
..as in must have a follicle of certain size? Wish u all the best this fet.

@char-mee can you try natural food to improve liver kidney functions...have read abt in net...maybe you would like to eat recommended food so that the functions improve. Google pls. Also guardian or Watson sell those strips to test liver and kidney. U can try those as well.

Hi ladies,

I will be starting my IVF cycle. I will have my 1st scan Tmr. Would like to ask if we get to see and talk to doc after the scan?
Hi ginny, u will see the doc as he need to review on yr follicles and let u knw whether to increase yr jabs or etc...

Jus finish my final scan..i think only 2 eggs to pick up as the size is 17 - 18.. the rest r still 7 - 14mm..from last fri till now lining still nvr improves!! Until now is still 9mm *sad*
abt
ER on thurs and ET on sat n so happy tht Dr Tan is bk!!!

Hi ladies,

I will be starting my IVF cycle. I will have my 1st scan Tmr. Would like to ask if we get to see and talk to doc after the scan?
Are you doing it in KKIVF? If yes, you will get to see doc but it won't be your own IVF doc. It will be another doc in the KKIVF centre to review your case. Try to think of all the questions you want to ask beforehand and ask him/her.

The nurses in KKIVF are all helpful. Just ask them if you are lost in the registration etc. All the best Ginny! :)

Hi ginny, u will see the doc as he need to review on yr follicles and let u knw whether to increase yr jabs or etc...

Jus finish my final scan..i think only 2 eggs to pick up as the size is 17 - 18.. the rest r still 7 - 14mm..from last fri till now lining still nvr improves!! Until now is still 9mm *sad*
abt
ER on thurs and ET on sat n so happy tht Dr Tan is bk!!!

I just did my scan earlier on too. My biggest one is19, a few at 15-16. Still got today to grow some more so yours should be ok. Lining is ok. Mine is 10.5mm. I feel it's ok. Doc didn't say anything abt it so should be fine.

@lovestohavekids, Wow... so i think r the same area jus now... so when is yr ER? OR same day as mine? Hopefully that i still have 4 days to let the eggs to grow more.. today is my final jabs n left blocker for tml...

Hi..I'm starting on blastocyst FET soon. I'm on progynova.my last fresh cycle in Nov failed. I'm determined to make sure I succeed this time. I don't hv menses unless on medication and even if I hv, it's v little so I presume my lining is nv thick. So I've been reading to thickening my lining, I'm starting to take red bean soup & I read at raspberry leaf tea helps too. Anyone here have taken this combination b4? Is it too much??
Hi missyserene, I am drinking raspberry leaf tea and occasionally red bean soup. I think they does help to improve my lining. I am on FET cycle now too. Will go for ET tomorrow morning.

@lovestohavekids, Wow... so i think r the same area jus now... so when is yr ER? OR same day as mine? Hopefully that i still have 4 days to let the eggs to grow more.. today is my final jabs n left blocker for tml...
Same. Mine is also on Thursday morning. This is my final fresh cycle. Doc says KKIVF will only do 3 fresh cycle. Is this your 1st fresh cycle? I was pregnant on my 2nd fresh cycle and gave birth to a healthy girl. She is 2yo now. Hoping to have another child.

Mine retrieved 4 eggs and out of the 4, 3 fertilized. So we transferred 2. Currently I am 14dp3dt and this morning I bleed. Bright red & I guess I'm out and am stopping my progestrone.
Since you are going (planning) to stop, and I agree doesnt look like very good news at this stage, would you consider at least POAS/HPT if you hvnt done so before you stop the support? Just the cheap cassette type from guardian/watson is good enough. You never know since you transferred 2.

Same. Mine is also on Thursday morning. This is my final fresh cycle. Doc says KKIVF will only do 3 fresh cycle. Is this your 1st fresh cycle? I was pregnant on my 2nd fresh cycle and gave birth to a healthy girl. She is 2yo now. Hoping to have another child.
So today is your final jab as well?? I told the doc to give me another day to jab but she doesnt allow.. This is my 2nd cycle. my first cycle was in 2012 and was a chemical pregnancy. I couldnt continue due to all the financial stress so have to build up the war chest and start again this yr..

Hope08, i agreed with ron8129. U have to test first before stopping every support.. jiayou..

@missyserene , good luck!!

Since you are going (planning) to stop, and I agree doesnt look like very good news at this stage, would you consider at least POAS/HPT if you hvnt done so before you stop the support? Just the cheap cassette type from guardian/watson is good enough. You never know since you transferred 2.
I did on my 2nd pee today and it was negative. What was wrong? Why didn't it stick? Called up the hospital and they told me to come down tomorrow for blood test instead of Thursday. Losing hope now.

Hi ladies, I'm new to the chat. I have question, hope to get some advice. I had my egg retrieval last sat and have been feeling extremely bloated. My stomach is also very painful like having gastric pain. Is this normal? I tried to drink last of ginger water but still no improvement. Anyone had a similar experience?

Hi ladies, I'm new to the chat. I have question, hope to get some advice. I had my egg retrieval last sat and have been feeling extremely bloated. My stomach is also very painful like having gastric pain. Is this normal? I tried to drink last of ginger water but still no improvement. Anyone had a similar experience?
Hi Celeste, U might have OHSS... try to drink more water... if you are with KKH, the pharmacy will give u a small A5 paper to explain to you about OHSS... or is normal... cos some ladies here also will get bloated..

Thanks Wondersss. Glad to hear it's normal... So I guess there's nothing I should do except to bear with it and drink more water? Hope it wears out soon.

@jas249 Hugzz. ...have to hold on and persevere in this tough journey with alot of unknowns :(. I had one round of bleeding and doc said am ready to go fet next mth. I would like to wait one more cycle so mite try on Aug. If kkh close then mite transfer embryo to pte and try.

@Celeste Tee it's normal to bloated after ER. Try to drink HTWO and if haven't ET can pop a charcoal tablet that will curb the wind. I tried this two cycles and it worked and bfp. All the best to you.

I did on my 2nd pee today and it was negative. What was wrong? Why didn't it stick? Called up the hospital and they told me to come down tomorrow for blood test instead of Thursday. Losing hope now.
Sorry to hear and big hugs.

It's not easy and IVF is not a sure game. To be honest, to answer the qn what was wrong, i believe only God know. If you ask yr doc, some more open docs will tell you the same. Some will tell you embryo didnt make it, some will tell you embryo poor quality. In reality, once after ET, no one know what happened inside.

Take care & dont be so hard on yrseld. You sound like this is yr 1st attempt? Any frozen embryos?

Bloated - normal
Some pain esp at ovary area - normal
Very painful Gastric pain - not so Normal. Call your clinic to inform them & ask for their advice

Hi wondersss, Hi lovetohavekids,

Thank you very much for your advice. I will try to compile a list of questions to ask tonight.

Good luck to you gals!!

Sorry to hear and big hugs.

It's not easy and IVF is not a sure game. To be honest, to answer the qn what was wrong, i believe only God know. If you ask yr doc, some more open docs will tell you the same. Some will tell you embryo didnt make it, some will tell you embryo poor quality. In reality, once after ET, no one know what happened inside.

Take care & dont be so hard on yrseld. You sound like this is yr 1st attempt? Any frozen embryos?
Yes this is my first ivf. I do have 1 frozen. I have come to term to accept the fact that it is not meant to be yet. So sorry emotions got over me.

Back