IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi all, i have been reading quietly in this thread for the past 6 mths while i get over the pain from my last attempt. I dont even know it is a failed fet or an m/c, since i didnt get to the stage to hear any heartbeat.

Anyway, i think i am ready to start again but to get an appointment to see the doctor is so far away. Nearest date they can give me is in July.

I probably need to try to recall what to take to prepare for it. :)
I think I came across u in this forum. Jia you!!

Hi ladies... my trigger shot is at 930pm but nobody calling for me.. i already ask the nurse.. she jus ask me to wait le... say the room pple will call my name.. isit normal to be late for trigger shot?? :(
Hi,normally is 35 to 36 hrs (if i remember correctly) before egg pickup. I think kkh knows wat they are doing. They should have allocated buffer time. Dun worry,stay happy. Sometimes,positive attitude is important for success ,as it triggers positive energy :)

Last edited:
Hi ladies... my trigger shot is at 930pm but nobody calling for me.. i already ask the nurse.. she jus ask me to wait le... say the room pple will call my name.. isit normal to be late for trigger shot?? :(

During my time, I panicked and asked the nurse about it. I was supposed to be injected at 8.30pm and they only called me at 8.40 pm. She said it could be injected 1/2 hr before or after the stated time. Don't worry. =) She would have written the exact time of the injection on the form.

All the best on your upcoming ET and 2WW @ribbonz

Hi ladies, I'm going for my ET tomorrow. Really hope it'll be successful. I wonder if the embryos are growing well.

I've come to realise that no one can truly understand the ivf journey of pain and emotional roller coaster other than those who have gone thru it. On surface I may seem ok at work, but who wld have known I need to jab myself 3 times every morning. Or why we need to go hospital ever so frequently?

This is my 2nd fresh and like everyone, I'm hoping for the best. Everyone is very strong here to embark on this journey. Have faith and never give up hope! :)

good morning ladies...

Thanks connie_hopeful & Shinkirou.. the nurse called me 5mins after i posted. Maybe i got scared as the IVF centre nurse keep telling me this is v impt must be on time.

Hi all, I just had my 1st scan today. No doc review, don't know why, but nurse said everything is good to start IVF cycle. Tmr I will start self injection. Hmm.. I wonder how long I would take to do self inject.. Did anyone here went to seek help from clinic doc? If yes, mind to share how much is the cost?
Hi ginny, for self inject should be fine... initially i also have issues and panick when some of the solution spills out.. but the ladies here assure is fine as there is always error in our steps bcos we are not professional. If you r really not confident then go to a clinic but costs wise im not v sure..

Hi wondersss,

My hubby helped me to do the injection. I really can't handle the poking part.

How's your ER going so far? Hope everything is good. All the best to you on your ET!! Jia you..

Hi wondersss,

My hubby helped me to do the injection. I really can't handle the poking part.

How's your ER going so far? Hope everything is good. All the best to you on your ET!! Jia you..

Your hubby is brave!! My hubby just help me to mix the solution and swab my stomach..

My ER will be tomorrow!! hopefully everything will be fine.. U jiayou too!!

Hi teddy75, i can understand the boredom... i think still ok to move abit bah.. not really stick yourself in the bed but maybe the gals here can advise you better...Are you on 2 weeks HL? will u be taking full 2 weeks??

Yes, be taking my full 2 weeks HL.
This is my very first IVF, and with fresh. The only one chance as no frozen only got 2 good fresh embryos to transfer. Turning 40 thus do not indent to try since no Govt co-fund. A one-time experience for me be it a pass or fail got to accept.
I have actually did my usual house work since the day after ET.
Hope everything will be fine.
Regrets, hubby not understanding enough. Got to insert medicine in V 3 times per day at 8am, 3pm and 12 mid-night.
Today hubby off, he insist that I skip the 3pm medicine insert to accompany him out. Now, got a small fight.
Can't man be more understanding?
Sigh....

This is my very first IVF, and with fresh. The only one chance as no frozen only got 2 good fresh embryos to transfer. Turning 40 thus do not indent to try since no Govt co-fund. A one-time experience for me be it a pass or fail got to accept.
Regrets, hubby not understanding enough. Got to insert medicine in V 3 times per day at 8am, 3pm and 12 mid-night.
Today hubby off, he insist that I skip the 3pm medicine insert to accompany him out. Now, got a small fight.
Sigh....
Hugs Teddy.. Do not let inserts get your way.. Be positive.. Just go with him & bring your inserts out.. When is about 3pm, just do the inserts in the toilet. If you really feel tht u need to rest and dont really want to run about, jus tell him after insert, u need to rest for 1/2 hr without walking and if he is fine with you sitting at a cafe or fastfood restaurant for 1/2 hr then go with him. If he is not fine with it then u jus stay at home lo.. must have positive vibes.

Ladies, one qtn, do you gals have swollen nipples and breast before your ER?? Im swelling and my nipples are v sensitive from Monday le.. shouldnt i be getting this symptoms after ET??

Sigh....
Try not to let ivf run your life although i understand u feel u only have this one shot before u turn 40. As Wonders suggested, there are many ways to do it. U can bring out the inserts to apply.... or u can even put it in before u go out. The timing is only a suggested timing... what the NUH nurses told me is as long as the inserts are at least 4 hours apart... there is no issue. You can just explain to ur hb what is the importance of the inserts... but your r/s with hb is very crucial at this critical time when u need a lot of support from him emotionally to go thru ivf.

Hugs Teddy.. Do not let inserts get your way.. Be positive.. Just go with him & bring your inserts out.. When is about 3pm, just do the inserts in the toilet. If you really feel tht u need to rest and dont really want to run about, jus tell him after insert, u need to rest for 1/2 hr without walking and if he is fine with you sitting at a cafe or fastfood restaurant for 1/2 hr then go with him. If he is not fine with it then u jus stay at home lo.. must have positive vibes.

Ladies, one qtn, do you gals have swollen nipples and breast before your ER?? Im swelling and my nipples are v sensitive from Monday le.. shouldnt i be getting this symptoms after ET??

@Teddy75, Yey. Must have positive vibes. You have come so far, don't let this get you on your nerves.

@wondersss, I too have all the soreness in my breast and sensitive nipples. Must be all the stimulating jabs.

Mine was also late by 20min. I think should be ok right...
I think should be fine since the ladies here say +/- half hr is ok.. are you still eating eggs??? i eat until v sianx liao.. want to puke the moment pple talk abt eggs.. lols..

Just wondering are you the indian lady wearing a yellow top ytd night??

I think should be fine since the ladies here say +/- half hr is ok.. are you still eating eggs??? i eat until v sianx liao.. want to puke the moment pple talk abt eggs.. lols..

Just wondering are you the indian lady wearing a yellow top ytd night??
I am not specially eating eggs. Tried for a while previously but also stopped after a while. I just want to feel happy and be happy so didn't want to stress myself over the eggs.

I'm not the Indian lady you saw. I think I wore black.

I am not specially eating eggs. Tried for a while previously but also stopped after a while. I just want to feel happy and be happy so didn't want to stress myself over the eggs.

I'm not the Indian lady you saw. I think I wore black.

Oppss.. paiseh.. cos i keep seeing her.. i really salute you.. take it easy... should learn from you... i might be trying too hard but i also just want to get my little no.1.. heehee.. what time is your ER tomorrow?

Oppss.. paiseh.. cos i keep seeing her.. i really salute you.. take it easy... should learn from you... i might be trying too hard but i also just want to get my little no.1.. heehee.. what time is your ER tomorrow?
Haha. It's ok. We probably didn't see each other in KKIVF cos this round I only had v few scans. 2 times, excluding the one time when mense started.

But we may see each other tmr. My timing is 9am.

If the egg whites are unbearable but u feel need to eat, just dun eat so much. It's ok one. I didn't eat much for my second round and I was still pregnant. So ok la.

Everything is already v tough on us. We just need to be happy cos at least we know we are fighting for what we want for ourselves and not cos others force us to seh-kia. Hehe.

Haha. It's ok. We probably didn't see each other in KKIVF cos this round I only had v few scans. 2 times, excluding the one time when mense started.

But we may see each other tmr. My timing is 9am.

If the egg whites are unbearable but u feel need to eat, just dun eat so much. It's ok one. I didn't eat much for my second round and I was still pregnant. So ok la.

Everything is already v tough on us. We just need to be happy cos at least we know we are fighting for what we want for ourselves and not cos others force us to seh-kia. Hehe.

Wow.. really v little lo.. i scan 3 times actually also not alot la.. lols.. My timing is 8.30 but hubby will be going off after producing his soldiers as he need to rush back to work so i will be going home alone after the deed... Remember to bring panty liner cos i remember some gals say will bleed after the ER.

Trying to keep v positive for now... jiayou orh!!

Wow.. really v little lo.. i scan 3 times actually also not alot la.. lols.. My timing is 8.30 but hubby will be going off after producing his soldiers as he need to rush back to work so i will be going home alone after the deed... Remember to bring panty liner cos i remember some gals say will bleed after the ER.

Trying to keep v positive for now... jiayou orh!!

O. But you need to have someone to come and pick you after the ER. They won't "release" you if no one is coming to pick you. My relative also thought ok, but the nurse say cannot when she woke up from sedation and told her must have someone to pick her. So I went down to pick her.

O. But you need to have someone to come and pick you after the ER. They won't "release" you if no one is coming to pick you. My relative also thought ok, but the nurse say cannot when she woke up from sedation and told her must have someone to pick her. So I went down to pick her.
Har...?? Really ar?? But my hubby cannot apply leave le.. anyway i will play by the ear... see how..

Har...?? Really ar?? But my hubby cannot apply leave le.. anyway i will play by the ear... see how..
better standby friend or others to bring you back.
They won't release you de

Will ask you provide the name n contact of the person who will fetch you home before starting ER.

better standby friend or others to bring you back.
They won't release you de

Will ask you provide the name n contact of the person who will fetch you home before starting ER.
@wonderss, Yes. My relative gave the contact number of her husband and tot they will let her go after she wakes up. But when she wake up they refuse to let her go till they see someone physically came to pick her. You better standby someone. Or maybe they will just ask u to stay back longer if u don't have anyone to pick you. I'm not sure.

Hi all, i have been reading quietly in this thread for the past 6 mths while i get over the pain from my last attempt. I dont even know it is a failed fet or an m/c, since i didnt get to the stage to hear any heartbeat.

Anyway, i think i am ready to start again but to get an appointment to see the doctor is so far away. Nearest date they can give me is in July.

I probably need to try to recall what to take to prepare for it. :)

Hi whmc, I jus started on Ivf tis June, failed my so iui on dec'14, is Gd to have a long rest and start again, Put failure behind our back, Prepare ourselves with open heart & mind and shall have never say die attitude, we shall pursue inspirations together....

Yes, me too, guess is all the drugs, I also have plenty of muscus, I worry I ovulating soon? Got same encounter?
Morning ladies!!

@eggcatcher, dont worry.. i also have that alot of mucus during the stimulations but as long we inject the blocker we shld be fine..

I will try to see how abt the contact person.. haixx.. i remember last time can jus go off le..

Morning ladies!!

@eggcatcher, dont worry.. i also have that alot of mucus during the stimulations but as long we inject the blocker we shld be fine..

I will try to see how abt the contact person.. haixx.. i remember last time can jus go off le..
Gd luck wondersss for your ER today!

Morning ladies!!

Hi wondersss, gd luck to ur ER today..:)

Yes. It's normal. Cos the opening of the V might have some abrasion when they inserted the apparatus.

Thanks! I only saw it a few hrs later when i get home so a bit worried. But didn't see any later. Each moment I'm wondering how the embryo is developing. And wondering if lying on my sides will affect...I lie until my back is rather sore.

Does the grading really affect the outcome? any one who got pregnant and have birth with a lower grade embryo?

Hi, any ladies here taking saizen?
Will this jabbing continue when actual stimulation starts?

Last edited:
Thanks hopeful & jas249!!!

Im done with ER!! extracted 5 eggs and i woke out immediately after they push me out.. wanted to discharge earlier but they dun allow...minimum 2 hrs then they let me go...
Quite happy tht this time 1 more egg retreived although i heard tje ladies behind n behind me have more egfs.. one got 30.. another got 20 sia... so many... super envy..

Im done with ER!! extracted 5 eggs and i woke out immediately after they push me out.. wanted to discharge earlier but they dun allow...minimum 2 hrs then they let me go...
Quite happy tht this time 1 more egg retreived although i heard tje ladies behind n behind me have more egfs.. one got 30.. another got 20 sia... so many... super envy..
Eggs more means painful ah.. And higher risk of OHSS.. 5 is just nice!! :) all the best!!

Hi Ladies,
I am doing my natural FET this month. Lead follicle has been growing very slowly. Only 9mm in day 18. Will be doing my last scan this sat morning, hope that the follicle can grow to at least 14-15mm. Saw online that drinking red bean soup helps in the follicle growing and thickening of uterus lining. Anyone has any other way to hasten the growing of the lead follicle?

Hi whmc, I jus started on Ivf tis June, failed my so iui on dec'14, is Gd to have a long rest and start again, Put failure behind our back, Prepare ourselves with open heart & mind and shall have never say die attitude, we shall pursue inspirations together....

Hi, yes i know i should put failure behind. But before i made the call to make appt, i keep procrastinating because i am so afraid of the whole cycle, not just physical but also emotional.

Let's work towards our goal!

Hey, you got the same number retrieved as me. I only got two fertilized with Grade 4 and Grade 3. Told the best Grade is 5. Today my 4th day after ET.

May the baby dust shower us to stick and grow well into live births.

Yes, my first time. What's yr dosage?
Doc ask me to start before stimulation.
Ohh my dosage is 30 units. I have 4 jabs everyday now. Took me so long as dunno why keep have so many bubbles in the syringe.

How long do u need to jab saizen? My dosage for all medication last me till Sunday only as will be going back for scan on Monday.

Thanks! I only saw it a few hrs later when i get home so a bit worried. But didn't see any later. Each moment I'm wondering how the embryo is developing. And wondering if lying on my sides will affect...I lie until my back is rather sore.

Does the grading really affect the outcome? any one who got pregnant and have birth with a lower grade embryo?
During my second fresh cycle, I tahan throughout laying on my back. Indeed v sore on the back. But if I try to lay on my side I will feel like it's not ok.

Grading determines whether the doc will put in the embryos or keep it or not. Like grade 3-5 can be put in or kept frozen I thk. Grade 1-2 won't be kept. But I rmb reading in forum that if u only have grade 1 and 2 embryos the doc will still put in for u. Some still got pregnant. Not sure was it in this forum or another forum.

That's good. Pray that all of them are good. Cos 30 and 20 don't mean anything unless they are good quality eggs. My first and second round was 8 and 12 eggs but only got 2 and 3 fertilized so doc says quality of eggs not good. This round, I got 16 eggs so I'm v happy. But hopefully all fertilize to good embryos.

Teddy75, *high 5* looking forward for my ET on sat... heehee...
Lovestohavekids, u r jus behind me.. i also heard the doc talking to u also.. lols..hopefully all will fertilise as i only got 5 eggs.. lols.. guess yr ET will be the same as me on sat??

Congras Feenix!! *grabbing your bb dusts* So happy for you...at this moment, rest well and eat well... jiayou!
Can share what you did... heehee... did you rest the whole 2 weeks??
Thanks @wondersss =D sprinkles more bb dust to you =D

Well, i mostly did resting (with socks on) for the 2 weeks. But i did go downstairs for slow walks every now and then to get groceries (since MIL was not around and i had to cook during that time) and i was cooking for hubby on-off throughout. watch lots of tv series too.

Other then that, nothing much special except and this is what others will say also, talk to your embies. get your hubby to talk to them more also! :)

Ohh my dosage is 30 units. I have 4 jabs everyday now. Took me so long as dunno why keep have so many bubbles in the syringe.

How long do u need to jab saizen? My dosage for all medication last me till Sunday only as will be going back for scan on Monday.
Hi, who is ur doc? I only 2 units = 12 IU on syringe. 30 units sounds very high.

Teddy75, *high 5* looking forward for my ET on sat... heehee...
Lovestohavekids, u r jus behind me.. i also heard the doc talking to u also.. lols..hopefully all will fertilise as i only got 5 eggs.. lols.. guess yr ET will be the same as me on sat??
Haha. I see. I was not so aware of my surrounding. Very groggy even after I left KKH. Slept almost the rest of the day.

Hi, who is ur doc? I only 2 units = 12 IU on syringe. 30 units sounds very high.
My doc is Dr Tan HH. Hmm maybe it's 30 IU. Cos the paper just write 30 so I dunno what is the unit measurement. Actually I realise my dosage all very high.. Puregon is at 300 and Menopur at 150 and lucrin at 10.

Back