IVF/ICSI Support Group

Actually my experience is that accu is suppose to be relaxing and not very pain. At most a bit of small prick sensation when needle go in and plus slight suan suan. If it is pain, u have to tell the physician.... the physician will readjust the needle until is not pain. By right is relaxing until can sleep type then is correct.
They told me most likely I'm more sensitive to needles that's y I ouch so much. I can only sleep ten mins after the needles go in. Initial part is always painful for me. Dr zhao told me once that sometimes she wil push the needle further in so it wil b more effective. And when I asked y the first time not pain second time pain she replied that could be the different sizes of needles she uses . I always thought there is only one standard size of needles!now that I am with dr zou, dr zhao accu is really not as painful . I stayed wif dr zou as I bpf once while seeing her and her charges is much more reasonable . $30 per sessions as compared to more than double the price when I go raffles Tcm

Oh , and dr zou at amk wil accu front and back , raffles Tcm only accu front and One needle on the head
Dr zhao (raffles) does back too if you need it. Different acu points to fix different issues :)

Dr zou (AMK) poking is more painful usually when she is busy hahahaha. If you see her when she is relaxed & paying more attention I find that she is more gentle. That is my experience anyway.

Arms also poke ah..and gosh,three on the head..sounds painful .we become like a voodoo doll! Haha
No leh is very relax just small prick feeling. The physician must be very careful and take his time without rushing... If u compare this to blood test is no comparison ok blood test is ten times more traumatic

Hi, anyone seeing TCM @ Raffles Hospital? I rem one of the famous Dr is Dr Zhou... or Zh... something. Can anyone enlighten me?

Hi, I c Dr Zhao. she is very motherly. Sometimes when she insert the needles in I feel that it will be a bit painful but after that will be quite relaxed.

I had backache for quite sometimes but after seeing her, it does improve .

Hi sisters, can anyone share with me how many times do we need to go for U/S for medicated FET? And do we go every 2-3days?

Does anyone have Dr Loh email address? Will he reply if we are not one of his patients?

For sisters who had done intralipid with Dr loh, how do u feel after the intralipid?

TIA and sorry for so many questions:):D

@daybreak_rose: not everyone gets implantation spotting. Plus you are still early in the game. And being suddenly emotional is a symptom btw :) in short, no one knows what is going on inside so you might as well tell yourself and yr embbies to JiA YOU Ah!! And stay happy. Don't give up until the red lady sings (or BT).

Hi all.. I am new to this. I cant seem to find the details that I want to find because there are just so many pages to look thru. So sorry to jump ship like this but I really need some guidance from experienced ladies like you. I just went to my gynae today and was advised to go through IVF procedure. However, hubby n I were clueless as to where to start. After speaking to a friend who went thru IVF n got preggy... I am now looking at seeking medical help from SGH or TMC.
My qn is... How much is IVF going to cost in TMC? Was told that private practices charges as high as 60k. Is this true??
Also, if we opt to go to SGH, do we need a referral letter from the polyclinics?
So sorry for the bombing questions... We are really clueless.
TIA.

Hi ladies, if my ivf cycle is to begin in 3rdQ, is it advisable to start to go for accuputure sessions & drink youmeishu for my general well-being?

Hi all.. I am new to this. I cant seem to find the details that I want to find because there are just so many pages to look thru. So sorry to jump ship like this but I really need some guidance from experienced ladies like you. I just went to my gynae today and was advised to go through IVF procedure. However, hubby n I were clueless as to where to start. After speaking to a friend who went thru IVF n got preggy... I am now looking at seeking medical help from SGH or TMC.
My qn is... How much is IVF going to cost in TMC? Was told that private practices charges as high as 60k. Is this true??
Also, if we opt to go to SGH, do we need a referral letter from the polyclinics?
TIA.
Hi if you are under 40, you can use grant n medisave at the government hospitals sgh/kkh/nuh. If you choose to be under subsidy, then you can't choose the doctors to scan during your treatments and consultation but the fees would of cos be lower than pte practice. If you decide to see the popular doctor at the government hospitals then the scans and consultations will not be subsidized.

It depends on the check with the fertility doctor, you may try iui which is a lower cost procedure less invasive and just spend the first 2-3k for all checks on you and hubby and claim the grant n medisave.

I am with nuh with prof Wong and dr anu. failed 1st iui and now at my 2ww for ivf. I fork out abt cash 8-9k till now already.

If you choose doctor, then don't need to get referral letter. But you may get your Gynae to issue you one so that they can know your problem or hubby problem. Anyway they will still order you to go through all the necessary tests. All these tests will be your upfront. Can't claim one

Good luck to you !!

Hi if you are under 40, you can use grant n medisave at the government hospitals sgh/kkh/nuh. If you choose to be under subsidy, then you can't choose the doctors to scan during your treatments and consultation but the fees would of cos be lower than pte practice. If you decide to see the popular doctor at the government hospitals then the scans and consultations will not be subsidized.

It depends on the check with the fertility doctor, you may try iui which is a lower cost procedure less invasive and just spend the first 2-3k for all checks on you and hubby and claim the grant n medisave.

I am with nuh with prof Wong and dr anu. failed 1st iui and now at my 2ww for ivf. I fork out abt cash 8-9k till now already.

If you choose doctor, then don't need to get referral letter. But you may get your Gynae to issue you one so that they can know your problem or hubby problem. Anyway they will still order you to go through all the necessary tests. All these tests will be your upfront. Can't claim one

Good luck to you !!

Thanks queby77 for the clarifications.

We are now also looking at NUH cos we stay nearby. Was looking at some posts n read about all the tests n jabs n procedures, was thinking NUH might be a better place since we stay nearby.

I do not have any referral letter from my gynae, he just asked us to approach the fertility center ourselves cos he knew that tests will have to be done.
Did u request for prof Wong? Read that he is quite good but he is away this month. How long did u have to wait for your first appt with him? I read somewhere that it can be as long as 2 months.

@daybreak_rose Ya, Not everyone gets implanatation spotting. Trust me, when you get spotting, the stress of "Game Over" is even higher. I am in 7dp5dt and have slight spotting since yesterday. Getting very worried that AF is reporting soon. All we can do now is to pray hard that the embies stay strong! Jia You!

Hi Ladies,
I heard that we cannot go straight to IVF without try IUI first

Is this true ?

Any advise will be much appreciated :)

Hey @Minnnie , you can proceed straight to ivf without going through IUI, depending on you and you dh's condition. It is best to see the fertility doc, do the respective tests and hear the diagnosis first. Have you seen them yet?

Dot13 - if u can 'wait', maybe u can consider to get a referral letter from the polyclinic. Cos it does make a difference. I got referral letter to SGH so I m a subsidised patient. So far all my pre-ivf consultations, tests & medication + hb's tests & medication is already 1+k. So if I m not a subsidised patient, it might go up to 2+k lor. once the Dr certified that u r fit & ready for ivf, they will transfer ur 'file' over to the ivf side- then u will become pte patient liao...

Good luck to you !!
Queby77 my cycle buddy!

How's everything?
Resting at hm too?

TIA.

No, it does not cost $60k. Circa $12-17K per fresh cycle at TMC depending on the level of stimulation drug dosage required. That includes all the support meds during the cycle and 2ww plus scans & procedures, and embryo storage if you hv frozen embbies. It's about 20-30% more expensive than government if you are a private patient except no grant to reduce our side of the cost. Can still use medisave to reduce cash outlay. Some other private clincis may go up to $20K - all depends on your ivf doctor and clinic charges. Hope this helps.

Queby77 my cycle buddy!

How's everything?
Resting at hm too?
Hey Faith! Am bk to normal. Yes and no to resting at home cos I still drive and go out to buy thing and walk around.. I was having irritating cough and so worried that it will stun the embies.. How are u spending your time? Is your bt on 2/6?

Hey Faith! Am bk to normal. Yes and no to resting at home cos I still drive and go out to buy thing and walk around.. I was having irritating cough and so worried that it will stun the embies.. How are u spending your time? Is your bt on 2/6?
My BT on 3 jun wor
Yours 2 jun?

Try drink warm stuff to stop the coughing

But in general should be fine coz the embryos are in our cosy womb. Well-sheltered.

I'm walking around.. At home. Haa..

Dot13 - if u can 'wait', maybe u can consider to get a referral letter from the polyclinic. Cos it does make a difference. I got referral letter to SGH so I m a subsidised patient. So far all my pre-ivf consultations, tests & medication + hb's tests & medication is already 1+k. So if I m not a subsidised patient, it might go up to 2+k lor. once the Dr certified that u r fit & ready for ivf, they will transfer ur 'file' over to the ivf side- then u will become pte patient liao...

Hi Cherylng,

Thanks for the advice. Was thinking if it will be a difference with a referral letter. So it does make a difference... Was asking my friend if there is any class classification but she doesn't know cos she called in for an appt straight.. I guess hers was not fully subsidized then.

No, it does not cost $60k. Circa $12-17K per fresh cycle at TMC depending on the level of stimulation drug dosage required. That includes all the support meds during the cycle and 2ww plus scans & procedures, and embryo storage if you hv frozen embbies. It's about 20-30% more expensive than government if you are a private patient except no grant to reduce our side of the cost. Can still use medisave to reduce cash outlay. Some other private clincis may go up to $20K - all depends on your ivf doctor and clinic charges. Hope this helps.

Hi ron8129,
Thanks for your clarification on the cost of IVF from TMC.
The info helps a lot and cleared up a lot of qns.

Thanks queby77 for the clarifications.

We are now also looking at NUH cos we stay nearby. Was looking at some posts n read about all the tests n jabs n procedures, was thinking NUH might be a better place since we stay nearby.

I do not have any referral letter from my gynae, he just asked us to approach the fertility center ourselves cos he knew that tests will have to be done.
Did u request for prof Wong? Read that he is quite good but he is away this month. How long did u have to wait for your first appt with him? I read somewhere that it can be as long as 2 months.

Hi when I first started, I requested for Prof, I forgotten how long it took to see him, but once you started to see him, appt are not too long already. When he is away, his team Dr Anu and Dr Chew will take over. I have no luck with him so chose to be ok with Dr Chew to do my iui and Dr Anu to do my ivf. He will first ask if you are ok if else then have to wait for him to be back from his conference.. I said to Dr Anu I am fated to be with her. The environment in NUH women clinic is nice and most of the time the appt are punctual.

So if you choose to be with prof, bear with the thought that he eventually may not be the one doing the procedure with you, but you will be able to see him for consultations.

You will also need to push him abit on treatments because he was putting me on clomid cycles for at least 4 times just to find out my problem and I spent a lot of time and money to be disappointed. Then he proposed iui which I failed then I asked him to straight ivf.
Hope this help abit to your decision making.

My BT on 3 jun wor
Yours 2 jun?

Try drink warm stuff to stop the coughing

But in general should be fine coz the embryos are in our cosy womb. Well-sheltered.

I'm walking around.. At home. Haa..
Did the hospital gave you a photo on your embies? So cute right. The day I put them in is the day my hubby birthday too. So I gave the card of the embies then wished him happy birthday. I am now at the hospital doing another small dosage of ovidrel.. You don't need to?

Did the hospital gave you a photo on your embies? So cute right. The day I put them in is the day my hubby birthday too. So I gave the card of the embies then wished him happy birthday. I am now at the hospital doing another small dosage of ovidrel.. You don't need to?
What is ovidrel for?

Mine is pregyl jab every 3 days until 28 Mar.

Yes! The photos with our embryos is so sweet..
Now ours becoming blastocysts.

Just googled. Ovidrel same as pregyl
It's HcG jabs...

Yours at Kkh?
They will ask u take blood test n will call you back in 1-3 hours time

If pregnant, will ask you to go back to get support..

:)

Hmm ok...after 4 hrs of slp,I woke up 4.40am to test on the guardian pr3cency test kit and see one Box blank. Den I woke up 7.4am, I went back see the test kit which I took earlier,den saw a faint line. Seriously dunno which is real.

What is ovidrel for?

Mine is pregyl jab every 3 days until 28 Mar.

Yes! The photos with our embryos is so sweet..
Now ours becoming blastocysts.

Just googled. Ovidrel same as pregyl
It's HcG jabs...
Ya hehe hope they grow well and sticky. Am eating Ang gu guey to tell them to stick to me little beanies.

How you feeling? Got any cramps?

Ya hehe hope they grow well and sticky. Am eating Ang gu guey to tell them to stick to me little beanies.

Ang gu Kueh? Haa... That's interesting..

Ya... Grow well and stick in correct place.. :)

Not really

But my back aches at times.

U Le? Any cramps?

Ang gu Kueh? Haa... That's interesting..

Ya... Grow well and stick in correct place.. :)

Not really

But my back aches at times.

U Le? Any cramps?
Comfortable feeling more than un comfy type of not cramps. Ok what am I talking about. Not really cramps but oh yes that back ache make my insert of the deposits quite challenging. Should Hv learn yoga earlier.

Hi Queby77, Faith-bb,
Are you under KKHIVF?. I'm 5DP2DT, blood test on 2 June. No symptoms except always feeling hungry & slight cramp on my right on D4p2dt & passing lots of gasssss *blush*!But I'm only prescribed Utrogestan for vagina application until blood test.... No Pregnyl etc... Wonder if these are for the same functions or what's the difference for doc to prescribe Utrogestan / Pregnyl? Hmmm...

Hi Queby77, Faith-bb,
Are you under KKHIVF?. I'm 5DP2DT, blood test on 2 June. No symptoms except always feeling hungry & slight cramp on my right on D4p2dt & passing lots of gasssss *blush*!But I'm only prescribed Utrogestan for vagina application until blood test.... No Pregnyl etc... Wonder if these are for the same functions or what's the difference for doc to prescribe Utrogestan / Pregnyl? Hmmm...
Hi Chanel, I am with nuh, I had to use morn time 3 white balls, mid day 1 crinone plus 4 red tablets , night 3 white balls again. Sorry haha I m in my room can't check the nAmes of the inserts. I also pass a lot of gas too. Good luck!

Back