IVF/ICSI Support Group

Congrats fion! I have 2 eggs, dunno if eggs r mature or fertilized yet..... See that u striked for yr first Ivf. So lucky. I'm in my third fresh oredi and used up all cofunding and cpf... Still trying for no 1.....

Tsf0205, don't give up! Cheer up and be positive. Jia you and good luck!

My doc didnt do blood test only urine test. Long story. But about 1 week after I tested positive they tried to scan but didnt see anything until I wenr for really detailed scan. Then they tested blood hcg was over 1800. So now in limbo. Dunno if will see sac at all next week.
I guess we have to keep positive and pray hard... Hope for the best and prepare for the worst :)

Just finished ER... Only 2 eggs.... Feel like crying...
Tsf, *hug hug* dun cry dun cry.
I had 2 eggs and 1 fertilized embryo for both my successful fresh. Think positive. Dun be despair yet. It's only the beginning! Jia you! Drink lots of long gan red dates tea. I think it helps keep my womb warm and aid in implantation. Also take Brazil nut it has high selenium which is also good for implantation. Good luck for your ET!

i read back your thread, if u bfp u will be back. wah so long den u came back! hahaha

so can share what did you eat during your 2ww? how many cells is your embryo when u trf?

Hahaha....cos I kia si mah....so many obstacles to cross after Bfp...oscar, harmony, detail scanning and furthermore in the beginning of my pregnancy I also have some issues...

During my 2ww... I ate brazil nuts, organic egg whites, no cold drinks,logan n red dates tea and pineapple core (saw from internet it helps implantation)....

Sorry, I k nt reme wat grade were my 2 eggs... I think 1 was 8 cells n the other was 6 if I din reme wrongly...

Last edited:
Congrats fion! I have 2 eggs, dunno if eggs r mature or fertilized yet..... See that u striked for yr first Ivf. So lucky. I'm in my third fresh oredi and used up all cofunding and cpf... Still trying for no 1.....

Thanks. Dun think too much.. I am sure you will be the next 1 soon. :)

Congrats congrats pinkfuchsia!!
Are you with NUH too??
NUH tested early and maybe late implantation that's why reading is low. So do you need to repeat the beta in 2 days time? Btw what's your reading? If u dun mind to share lah. :)
Yup I'm with prof pc wong at nuh. Alrdy 12dpt, considered early? Read elsewhere some pple get high readings for the same timeline... Only 34.5... Lowwww right!

I bought $19.90 at NTUC.. this week got offer. It's in a box form, unlike the other brands that's in a tin.
I chose this brand cos it differentiates the milk powders for pregnancy & for breastfeeding. The other brands are all pregnancy-cum-breastfeeding together.
I alternate between vanilla & choc cos I scared choc too heaty.
I think can request for samples online first to try.
RemembeRainbow,
I just bought the Anlene from NTUC with promotion price. Thanks for sharing

Just finished ER... Only 2 eggs.... Feel like crying...
Tsf,
I have retrieved 15 follicles but only 4 with egg and fertilised. I feel sad too but after one day, i felt that its a blessing to have 4 out of 15.
No matter what, stay hopeful and positive, never give up
You only need one embie to have a beautiful baby, lets jia you together...FIGHTING!!✋

Hahaha....cos I kia si mah....so many obstacles to cross after Bfp...oscar, harmony, detail scanning and furthermore in the beginning of my pregnancy I also have some issues...

During my 2ww... I ate brazil nuts, organic egg whites, no cold drinks,logan n red dates tea and pineapple core (saw from internet it helps implantation)....

Sorry, I k nt reme wat grade were my 2 eggs... I think 1 was 8 cells n the other was 6 if I din reme wrongly...
Fion,
Congrats!!
Thanks for sharing the information

congrats Fion and so good that u have reached your 8th month.wish u smooth delivery soon! As my husband always says- getting pregnant is only the first good news, many more difficult hurdles to cross as compared to the whole ivf process. u have made it!hooray!

Yup I'm with prof pc wong at nuh. Alrdy 12dpt, considered early? Read elsewhere some pple get high readings for the same timeline... Only 34.5... Lowwww right!
Think its the doubling thats more impt than the beta cos theres a wide range of beta for women. Even mine 1800 they also cant confirm its a healthy preg unless it doubles, and im too scared to ask for another test. Just wait in agony. So keep positive ok! What will be will be.

Think its the doubling thats more impt than the beta cos theres a wide range of beta for women. Even mine 1800 they also cant confirm its a healthy preg unless it doubles, and im too scared to ask for another test. Just wait in agony. So keep positive ok! What will be will be.
Sure mqiu, u too ya... All the best!

I bought $19.90 at NTUC.. this week got offer. It's in a box form, unlike the other brands that's in a tin.
I chose this brand cos it differentiates the milk powders for pregnancy & for breastfeeding. The other brands are all pregnancy-cum-breastfeeding together.
I alternate between vanilla & choc cos I scared choc too heaty.
I think can request for samples online first to try.
I got the Anmum Materna, is this the right one?

Hi,jus wanna have a quick check on what protocol is given for low AMH sisters here, how many mature eggs retrieved.

Dr Loh seems to feel that my protocol is not good enough... Thus only yield 2 eggs.

Another question, for sisters who drink LGRDT, how many longans n dates u use? My tcm says this can be quite heaty...

Hi,jus wanna have a quick check on what protocol is given for low AMH sisters here, how many mature eggs retrieved.

Dr Loh seems to feel that my protocol is not good enough... Thus only yield 2 eggs.
Tsf what was your stim and dosage pls. Did dr tan give you saizen or pergovoris this cycle? You have 2 eggs....from what i read e2 is est 1000 per follicle at trigger. So if its 2000 then 2 follicles. Nuh monitors e2 v closely but kkh does not. Thus difficult to estimate follies. Anyway u only need that one beautiful miracle to grow in you. Be v positive. All the best.

Thanks kitgal. I asked nurse and I think doc was present if I should start taking egg whites. Nurse said will inform me when the time comes :(
Hopefully start now still have time. Quite sianz as I am on my third week of lucrin. Hopefully next week can start stimulation.

Tsf what was your stim and dosage pls. Did dr tan give you saizen or pergovoris this cycle? You have 2 eggs....from what i read e2 is est 1000 per follicle at trigger. So if its 2000 then 2 follicles. Nuh monitors e2 v closely but kkh does not. Thus difficult to estimate follies. Anyway u only need that one beautiful miracle to grow in you. Be v positive. All the best.
I had pergovoris 450.

Hi, I have some DHEA to let go. 1-1/2 bottles from KKH and 1/2 bottle I bought from iherb.
Both the 1/2 bottle will be given free, up to you whether to take it or not.
The one unopen bottle will be selling at $25
Do check with your doctor/pharmacist for suitability before use.
I have improved my amh reading after taking, for those with low amh, may like to consider.
Pls pm me as I won't be logging in often. Thanks.

Another question, for sisters who drink LGRDT, how many longans n dates u use? My tcm says this can be quite heaty...

Hi tsf, there are 2 types of red date. You need to buy those seedless one those are not heaty and can drink with just putting them in hot water. Otherwise you can cook them too for ard 500ml just put ard 20 red date and 10-12 dried Longan and rock sugar as you prefer on the sweetness just boil ard 20mins.

That's what I do but it really varies to individual but most impt to note is if u want to bring it out to drink remember put in a thermal flask otherwise it will turn sour. Just speaking from experience. Hope it helps

Tsf have u recovered from your cough? Asking becos during my last cycle, I had just recovered from cough & sore throat. Me itchy backside went to drink LRDT & only 1 cup, my sore throat came back with a vengeance! If u are taking TCM herbs, no need to drink so often. Cos yr body might be over heaty. Not everyone suitable to drink, maybe ask your TCM if u can drink?

Tsf, My sensei said if i am.taking tcm medicine, no need to drink longan red date tea. Depends on your body...too heaty also no good. I am boiling red bean soup

I have been drinking lrd everyday since I got back to work after failed ivf.
I will prepare at night and put 3 red dates remove the seeds and a little bit of longan cos heaty and pour hot boiling water into the thermal flask (about one cup of drink). leave them overnight.
Sometimes i boil them for 15mins before putting into the flask.

I usually finish my drink by 9am. those days with no lrd, I will drink chicken essence in the morning

Hi ladies

I bought those very big red dates from xingjiang. One red date is about a few small red dates. And a handful of dried longan, maybe around 12 - 15 pcs, put in those quick boiling flask. Makes about 2 cups. Don't need add additional sugar bcos alrd quite sweet naturally. I don't drink everyday bcos too much work.. Hee.. :p

O ya. I cut those red dates and Longan into small pcs so don't need to boil for too long. Hence it can be less heaty too.. My body can take these heaty stuff de... Eg, chinese tonic..... :)

I drink lgrd tea every day. Ok for me. Not that heaty for me maybe becos my body is quite 'liang' and able to take more heaty stuff. Till today after BFP i still continue to drink... Hehe!!

Hi all, i need help on a question. If i were to see a doc at kkh and request for ivf under non subsidised patient, how soon can i proceed with ivf? I am still entitled the grant right?

Hi all, i need help on a question. If i were to see a doc at kkh and request for ivf under non subsidised patient, how soon can i proceed with ivf? I am still entitled the grant right?

Hi dragon_gal, actually it all depend on the doctor that you wanted to see.
If you want a more popular doc his appointment would be quite full and you may need to wait for an avaliable slot for appt.

You can call KKH and request for the earliest appt if you have no preference of doc.

Yes you are entitle to the grant when you are a private patient too.

Tks yyw82 for yr reply. I do understand appts with popular docs are hard to get. But do u mean after i call for an appt and see doc, i can arrange to do ivf in the next cycle?

Tks yyw82 for yr reply. I do understand appts with popular docs are hard to get. But do u mean after i call for an appt and see doc, i can arrange to do ivf in the next cycle?

Actually you need to see doc for assessment before he doc recommend anything. Some doc would want to do a simple laprascope to see any blocked tube etc before they suggest ivf or IUI for gov hospital they need to know if u try all means and ways and failed to conceive before they direct u to ivf.

Once they agree for u to do then you need to book an appointment to do the counseling. Note that counseling is base on appt which means if for this month no more allocation for additional couple then you need wait for next monh counseling. But then again, you can also make special appt to see the doc alone for counseling if you really have a good reason.

Ivf can only start after counseling. Then doc will arrange for you to start and once your menses come just call to inform.

Back