IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sorry for your losses hopeful13. May this year of goat bring us more joy and blessing. Good to cry it out, we will be stronger day by day.
Thanks Moinie.. The thing is I always felt emo while outside. Maybe the travelling part from home to work got a lot of free time to think.. But today feels better le. This is really an emotional roller coaster.. I have never cried so much in such short period. Those hormones are killing me! :confused:

Connie, no leh.. They don't. I have never had blood test done during injection.
Hi hopeful13, thanks. Just checking as private centre they did blood test. I also dun have. Phew e q was fast today. I left e clinic wirhin an hr! :)

U take care. I think maybi a better bet for u in to do a fresh. Thaw for 1 seems too risky.. maybi u discuss with dr tan hh

Or is there such a thg as natural fet with no medicine or injection? Just put e embrie in? If have,then will be good so tt no need horminal injection again..

Last edited:
Thanks Moinie.. The thing is I always felt emo while outside. Maybe the travelling part from home to work got a lot of free time to think.. But today feels better le. This is really an emotional roller coaster.. I have never cried so much in such short period. Those hormones are killing me! :confused:

Ya, I plucked all my energy to get out of bed and head to office. But was feeling giddy and crampy when I get to office and decided to head home again. The hospitalisation leave only covered up to the day of bt. But actually it is very physically and emotionally draining esp during the first few days of AF.

Anyone can share the natural FET process at kkh? I was asked to do urine test on day 11 and 12 and returned to kkh on day 13 for scan. When likely will be the transfer after we test positive on ovulation test?

Are we only given 3 days HL after transfer? When will the implantation take place? Getting worried that my embryos won't survive after thaw cos my egg quality is considered v poor

Hi hopeful13, thanks. Just checking as private centre they did blood test. I also dun have. Phew e q was fast today. I left e clinic wirhin an hr! :)

U take care. I think maybi a better bet for u in to do a fresh. Thaw for 1 seems too risky.. maybi u discuss with dr tan hh

Or is there such a thg as natural fet with no medicine or injection? Just put e embrie in? If have,then will be good so tt no need horminal injection again..
Seems like kk do the blood test for some patients only. Wow.. Left in 1 hr!! Good sign again.. :) Stay happy and hope your eggs guai guai grow.

Yah I also feel thaw 1 is so risky. I will ask Dr Tan for opinion. But do natural need to coincide with ovulation period right? What if never ovulate time wasted also.. I am still bleeding so still got a lot of time for me to think. Hehe

How is your progress? Nearing ER date?

Natural FET will hv no medication. Just scan to track lining progress and make sure not ovulated. Sometimes the doc will give a trigger jab so that they can time the thaw. A natural FET is much easier on the body as no pumping of meds before transfer, but of coz there is of coz a risk lining doesnt boost up or ovulated since nothing to control our body hormones.

Ya, I plucked all my energy to get out of bed and head to office. But was feeling giddy and crampy when I get to office and decided to head home again. The hospitalisation leave only covered up to the day of bt. But actually it is very physically and emotionally draining esp during the first few days of AF.
Try to rest more.. Get some MC from gp..

Seems like kk do the blood test for some patients only. Wow.. Left in 1 hr!! Good sign again.. :) Stay happy and hope your eggs guai guai grow.

Yah I also feel thaw 1 is so risky. I will ask Dr Tan for opinion. But do natural need to coincide with ovulation period right? What if never ovulate time wasted also.. I am still bleeding so still got a lot of time for me to think. Hehe

How is your progress? Nearing ER date?
All e best to you. No yet. I am at 'steaming' stage,according to kk lingo :)

I had 11 eggs retrieved but majority didn't survive luckily left one survival to transfer. I got bfp on 13 Feb and went for my first scan today and saw beanie. Don't worry about only one embryo to transfer.
During the 2wws, I took folic acid, royal jelly, lrd tea, 2 eggs, chicken essence.
Good luck to you!

Thanks dear for sharing! Congrats on your BFP! I hope I will be like you too....

Have any of the sisters here ever considered or have quit their jobs while in the ivf journey? I'm contemplating but there are a lot of considerations. Financial , and also 100 percent at home can also be stressful.

I think about this all the time! Esp when i'm stressed up at work. But it's a big decision la. At the end of the day, i feel that i still can manage the stress level at work. At least busyness is a good distraction while waiting for the next cycle…like now. heh. Also, i think staying at home and 'waiting' for bfp will be even more stressful for me. I think i'll be even more depressed if i cannot achieve bfp. haiz…women got so many things to worry abt.

Thanks for all the reply. I hope this cramp goes away soon. The cramp is so bad that I got confuse if its cramp or bloated. Every now and then get this sharp pain especially when trying to sit or stand up.
@happy_mtb & @kitty16 u guys also having the cramp during ET, was it painful when they do the ET? I wonder this cramp already bad enough, will it be worst when doing ET.

Have any of the sisters here ever considered or have quit their jobs while in the ivf journey? I'm contemplating but there are a lot of considerations. Financial , and also 100 percent at home can also be stressful.
Hi Kitty,
i have quit my job for IVF as my previous job required lot of overtime, travel and stressful.
I am doing my OR tomorrow, however i think due to risk of OHSS,
Prof Wong (NUH) has suggested long protocal instead of ET on Friday.
Let's jia you together, its not going to be easy to off from work for sure,
and there is financial stress for sure,
but somehow i think life simple can be a relax lifestyle too...
no matter what is your decision, stress free and take care

Hi kitty, I also got negative BT result today as expected. Also left 3 frozen. Do you intend to thaw 3 frozen in your coming FET? Was advice to start after 3rd cycle, which will be in May.
HUgs....rest well and eat well, preparing for yourself for the next cycle....fighting!!!

Thanks for all the reply. I hope this cramp goes away soon. The cramp is so bad that I got confuse if its cramp or bloated. Every now and then get this sharp pain especially when trying to sit or stand up.
@happy_mtb & @kitty16 u guys also having the cramp during ET, was it painful when they do the ET? I wonder this cramp already bad enough, will it be worst when doing ET.

ET is not painful. It's the full bladder part that is torturing!! But after ET at home now suddenly feels the cramp coming..

Hi ladies, anyone has retroverted/tilted uterus condition? If u know the chance of pregnancy is low? I'm thinking if to opt straight for ivf

ET is not painful. It's the full bladder part that is torturing!! But after ET at home now suddenly feels the cramp coming..
Haha.. i dont know if i can feel my bladder, even now i just go toilet ever now and then just in case i got pee. So your bt is on 12 Mar?

Hi autumn, I will be meeting my doctor end March and see what she says. I'm not sure when is my next cycle and what plans yet. I'm with Sgh Dr Yu.
What shall we do meanwhile to prepare the body ? I just took 2 glasses of wine just to let loose a little. Sigh.
Hi kitty, hope u feel better now after a day? Let's move on and cheer up. I am with kkh and will be seeing Dr mid April. I do not know to prepare the body, for this cycle I rest a lot lei. Maybe we need to be happy, relax and don't think so much. May your coming FET be a fruitful one.

*Hugs* Be strong autumn_08.
I am scheduled for IVF post-review at end of March, wondering what to ask doctor also.
My menses ended after 6 days but now having spotting on and off. Dunno what's wrong..:confused:
Thanks monies, my menses super heavy in the first 4 days, compare to my normal days. Maybe next cycle will back to normal. You planning for FET? Just got my bill today.

Hi Kevangie, after ER, I feel so bloated and mild cramp sometimes, no sharp pain for me but I can only move around slowly. ET no pain at all and bloatness last
about 1 week.

Hi Kevangie, after ER, I feel so bloated and mild cramp sometimes, no sharp pain for me but I can only move around slowly. ET no pain at all and bloatness last
about 1 week.
Wow.. Bloatness last for a week. I hope i wouldn't get that. Now i already moving around very slowly cos of the sharp pain and cramp.

Hi ladies, anyone has retroverted/tilted uterus condition? If u know the chance of pregnancy is low? I'm thinking if to opt straight for ivf
Psboy, me, doc said is possible to get pregnant with this condition, jus tat the uterus area is smaller but shld not affect implantation.
I tried 1x so IUI failed, planning to embark on ivf soon...

Hi all, Happy Lunar New Year for those celebrating! I need to ask if im gonna do a fresh cycle this year, do i still need to go through the registration and briefing again? I know i will need to go through the series of bloodtest and this will be prolly $200plus. Then wat abt the registration fee and the briefing, do i still need to go through it? Pardon me because the last cycle was in year 2012, even that was a frozen cycle, thus i had since forget the procedures for the fresh cycle.. TIA!
KKH required that I go through the registration and briefing in 2014 when my last cycle was in 2011 (3 years apart). I thought it was rather pointless to pay so much money to watch the video and sign consent forms again. However, the nurse said that registration is required for fresh cycles 2 years or more after the last cycle. Same "validity" that @queenie122009 was talking abt...

Last edited:
Anyone can share the natural FET process at kkh? I was asked to do urine test on day 11 and 12 and returned to kkh on day 13 for scan. When likely will be the transfer after we test positive on ovulation test?

Are we only given 3 days HL after transfer? When will the implantation take place? Getting worried that my embryos won't survive after thaw cos my egg quality is considered v poor
ET is typically 2 days after ovulation. I cannot recall the number of days of HL, but you can ask for more. I'd plan for 1-3 days of rest at home, or more if your work allows an extended absence.
Don't worry abt the embryoes. There is not much that we can do and no point adding unncessary stress to yourself.

I have retroverted womb too but all the different gynae I have seen has never seen this condition as a problem. My ex boss has retroverted womb and she conceive her 3 kids naturally.

Anyone knows what the queue like over at SGH?
KKH scheduled me for my 2nd fresh cycle on May.

I called SGH but they couldn't tell me when is their next available slot and they only can arrange for me to see Dr Yu on 28th March.. By then they will advise me on the month to start fresh cycle.

so now thinking to still for my SGH appointment or not.

Hi Kitty,
i have quit my job for IVF as my previous job required lot of overtime, travel and stressful.
I am doing my OR tomorrow, however i think due to risk of OHSS,
Prof Wong (NUH) has suggested long protocal instead of ET on Friday.
Let's jia you together, its not going to be easy to off from work for sure,
and there is financial stress for sure,
but somehow i think life simple can be a relax lifestyle too...
no matter what is your decision, stress free and take care

@makie good luck on your OR.

Are you with prof? I tot prof is on leave and will be back on March 18th?

I have retroverted womb too but all the different gynae I have seen has never seen this condition as a problem. My ex boss has retroverted womb and she conceive her 3 kids naturally.
Hi my relative has that condition too but she is super fertile. However she has high risk of miscarriage so have to be extra careful during her pregnancies.

I called SGH but they couldn't tell me when is their next available slot and they only can arrange for me to see Dr Yu on 28th March.. By then they will advise me on the month to start fresh cycle.

Sgh q is quite long. If you see Dr Yu in March likely your cycle is May/June.

Sgh q is quite long. If you see Dr Yu in March likely your cycle is May/June.

if is May/June, i'm fine... i scare end up Jul or Aug...

Btw, anyone knows the direct line to the CARE? Maybe I can call up and check before gg down for my appointment...

Meiling,u try calling CARE at sgh and ask the nurse now e slot of ivf is till which month liao.

Back