IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ladies under tcm tsb, just wondering when near to e month of ivf, is it still visit her

1. before ivf starts,tell her u are ivf say next mth.
2. Then when ivf start tsb will give an appt after simulation? During this app, she will give medicine from et day to blood test,
3. then near bloodtest will have an appt to see her again? Or given an appt to see her after go for bloodtrst?

Is my deduction above correct?

Dear ladies,

I would like to do a mini poll and get a sense of sentiments out here. It's solely for my own curiosity. ;)
- if given a choice, would you give up your current role to have a bfp? What are your reasons?
- if "touch wood" your Ivf is not successful, would you consider adoption or rather be childless? What are your reasons?

If you could spare a little time, will be great to hear from u gals.

Oh concurrently, does anyone know if Christianity or catholic religion discourages Ivf and why so?

Tia!!

Actually I don't mean to give up your job while undergoing Ivf. I actually meant for instance, in order to have a baby, you have to give up your job. Will you?

1. To me, having a job is lower in priority to having children. But I don't really understand your question. If it's not about stopping work to devote more time/effort to IVF, why do I need to give up a job to have a bb? Do you mean being a SAHM or full-time homemaker to raise children?

2. As a Christian, I would seek direction from God. Like the position of adoption agencies, I don't believe that adoption is a way to fill the void of childlessness, instead, it is to provide a loving family to a child without one. Not everyone is cut out for adoption and it is a difficult process. I believe that if it is God's will for me to be childless, He will eventually show me a way that my life without children will be pleasing and glorifying to Him just the same, and He will enable me to be at peace with childlessness.

There is a wide range of views among Christians on IVF. I'm referring to Protestant Christianity, not Catholicism. The bible is silent about IVF; nowhere does the bible say that IVF is forbidden. When I was troubled about the ethics of IVF, God mercifully revealed to me through the Holy Spirit that He can make use of IVF to enable couples to conceive, so that my conscience is clear. IVF is a technology, it is neither good nor bad. Depending on one's purpose for using IVF and how it is being used, it can be used for good to glorify God, or it can be used for bad to further our sinful desires. Much of the disagreement comes from the question, where does life begin? My husband is a devoted Christian and believes that life begins when the embryo implants in the womb, because the embryo cannot survive by itself without being implanted. Hence, he is at peace with discarding frozen embryos. Others (including myself) feel that life begins with the union of egg and sperm, hence fertilized embryos are living things and I will try my very best to have my frozen embryos transferred into me to give them an equal chance at life.

The Christian Medical & Dental Associations have released a statement on what aspects of assisted reproduction they believe are consistent or not consistent with God's plans: http://cmda.org/resources/publication/assisted-reproductive-technology-ethics-statement

Ladies under tcm tsb, just wondering when near to e month of ivf, is it still visit her

1. before ivf starts,tell her u are ivf say next mth.
2. Then when ivf start tsb will give an appt after simulation? During this app, she will give medicine from et day to blood test,
3. then near bloodtest will have an appt to see her again? Or given an appt to see her after go for bloodtrst?

Is my deduction above correct?

I should have been able to answer your questions, but my memory is very hazy. If I recall correctly (but I may not)…

1. Yes, I visit her from before IVF starts and I tell her the exact month/dates I'm starting my IVF (including the first day of AF, and if possible the ER and ET dates) as soon as I know it.
2. She gives medicine throughout the time of stims, up until ER. No taking of medicine during ER and ET days. Then the medicine resumes from ET throughout the 2ww until BT. She may see you once during the 2ww.
3. See her after BT and tell her whether it's BFP and BFN, and she goes from there.

Whatever it was, I followed closely her instructions on when to take or not to take the medicines and gave her all the info about the IVF cycle. Not sure if this answers your questions.

Dear ladies,

I would like to do a mini poll and get a sense of sentiments out here. It's solely for my own curiosity. ;)
- if given a choice, would you give up your current role to have a bfp? What are your reasons?
- if "touch wood" your Ivf is not successful, would you consider adoption or rather be childless? What are your reasons?

If you could spare a little time, will be great to hear from u gals.

Oh concurrently, does anyone know if Christianity or catholic religion discourages Ivf and why so?

Tia!!
To be very honest only if can guarantee bfp I will give up. But wont adopt.

Hi humbaobao,sorry i just saw yr earlier email. If its hubby sperms issues,try to have him change his lifestyle as in eat healthy,sleep early and wear loose underclothings. Try multivits like migrate q10 for 3 mths. Then repeat sa test see his results got improve or not. N wat e doc further advise after that
Hi connie. My hubby quite reluctant to do all these haha. Doc ask him do all sorts of things from spraying cold water on his unmentionables to throwing away his jeans but somehow men dun seem willing to go the extra mile. Makes me frustrated sometimes since most of the ivf discomfort is felt by me anyway.

@ashley11
For ur questions
1) previously i did in a way quit or took less relief classes to hv bb, cos my field of work involves handling children, many a times not easy to see chn EVERYDAY and be reminded that i dun hv one myself, what is worse is i encountered many parents who are the 'bochap' kind..so double the pain..well also our field we need to squat and kneel and carry children as well as getting colds and flu are normal in our profession so not good esp during stimulations and 2ww
2) My hubby and myself actually has already signed up for adoption courses, but it was full last year so we were on waiting list until later this year. At first my hubby was rather closed to adoption but my mil and myself wanted to give other children a good loving home..at last i convinced my hubby that we can get a child to call our own yet help the other child who is homeless/unloved to hv a loving family. So a win win situation..even though bfp now, we are thinking to adopt another 1 later and also open to fostering, so that many other poor children get help.

As a christian point of view, agree with @Archie7 :)

Thank you Archie7 and idazahs for giving me this much needed information. My sis in law and family are staunch Catholics and hubby intention of telling them about our ivf journey was hoping for family support but it was not as they started telling us to re-think our options and hope that God will guide us in our family planning. Hubby is born Catholic and I am neither Catholic nor christian. Was quite angry and upset with them. Thanks for your views which will help me if they try to talk to me about it again. I know I am not alone. :)

Thank you Archie7 and idazahs for giving me this much needed information. My sis in law and family are staunch Catholics and hubby intention of telling them about our ivf journey was hoping for family support but it was not as they started telling us to re-think our options and hope that God will guide us in our family planning. Hubby is born Catholic and I am neither Catholic nor christian. Was quite angry and upset with them. Thanks for your views which will help me if they try to talk to me about it again. I know I am not alone. :)

Hopeful I have friends who are catholic and they are open to ivf too. A friend even send me a prayer and encourage me to pray even though I am not catholic.

Someone told a story before in forum long time ago. I remember something like this....A man was drowning and a boat pass by wanting to rescue him. He rejected saying God will save me. Next A helicopter came and want to rescue him and again he rejected. Finally he drowned and confront God why didn't he save him. He replied I did I send a boat n helicopter but u refuse to be help. Though is just a story but something to think about.

I hope so too! I saw ur other posts abt the cramping. I been having it on & off. And because this cycle I decided to move around & lead my normal life, I'm a bit worried what if I'm moving too much? Sigh...

Anyway u hang in there. We must think we are pregnant till proven otherwise! Haha... When is ur blood test?
Still hopeful! :) My BT is next Wed..when's yrs?

Good to move around a bit just be mindful to take it slow..but I forget myself sometimes too when playing with my dog, felt pull in my tummy then remember to slow down

I should have been able to answer your questions, but my memory is very hazy. If I recall correctly (but I may not)…

1. Yes, I visit her from before IVF starts and I tell her the exact month/dates I'm starting my IVF (including the first day of AF, and if possible the ER and ET dates) as soon as I know it.
2. She gives medicine throughout the time of stims, up until ER. No taking of medicine during ER and ET days. Then the medicine resumes from ET throughout the 2ww until BT. She may see you once during the 2ww.
3. See her after BT and tell her whether it's BFP and BFN, and she goes from there.

Whatever it was, I followed closely her instructions on when to take or not to take the medicines and gave her all the info about the IVF cycle. Not sure if this answers your questions.
Hi archie7,thanks for e reply. Tsb medicine needs to be taken injection time?not after er uh

Hi, has anyone tried intralipid infusion under dr Loh ? How r the doses like? When to take and how many doses to take? Any good success cases after taking intralipid infusion?

Its an x-ray test that looks at your inside - uterus and fallopian tubes.
Forget to add, your hb will also need to go for semen test

he already done his semen test... report bad.. so he is doing acupuncture and on chinese med now.. i thinking maybe try to another semens test again few mths later.. c got improvement o not..

Hi connie. My hubby quite reluctant to do all these haha. Doc ask him do all sorts of things from spraying cold water on his unmentionables to throwing away his jeans but somehow men dun seem willing to go the extra mile. Makes me frustrated sometimes since most of the ivf discomfort is felt by me anyway.

Actually he aso quite reluctant to go c gynae in the first place.. he keep on tell me dun worry... will haf bb de.. den i try more than a yr le still dun haf.. somemore i got use the clearblue digital ovulation kits aso no use.. so i tell him i die die wan to go c.. so bo bian he haf to go.. =(

To be very honest only if can guarantee bfp I will give up. But wont adopt.

can i noe what is bfp? i got google abt adoption lei.. but looks like sg baby on long queue.. foreign bb from mys.. vietnam.. china.. indo will be faster..but i not very keen on foreign bb..

Still hopeful! :) My BT is next Wed..when's yrs?

Good to move around a bit just be mindful to take it slow..but I forget myself sometimes too when playing with my dog, felt pull in my tummy then remember to slow down

Wednesday also :confused::eek:
I'm wondering why time doesn't go by faster in 2ww compared to normal days.

he already done his semen test... report bad.. so he is doing acupuncture and on chinese med now.. i thinking maybe try to another semens test again few mths later.. c got improvement o not..
Actualli in my opinion,if he still got at least 1 million of sperms,thgs may not be as bad.

Actualli in my opinion,if he still got at least 1 million of sperms,thgs may not be as bad.

ya.. i really hope.. when i first got the report back i cry for 2days.. suddenly dunno y i feel i so suay.. =(

my gynae told me ivf they can pick out the gd quality sperm to fertilize the egg.. izzit true?

ya.. i really hope.. when i first got the report back i cry for 2days.. suddenly dunno y i feel i so suay.. =(

my gynae told me ivf they can pick out the gd quality sperm to fertilize the egg.. izzit true?
Yes. I think so. They just need 1 good sperm for icsi,provided they can identify e good 1

Hi all, wanna check...
Im on my last day of medicine to induce menses so i can start my fet.

But i just rem i got appointment to dye my hair tml.

Any idea is it ok? Will it affect anything?

Hi all, wanna check...

Been having fever on & off past few days...I didn't see any GP Curz I don't want to take meds as I'm on my 2ww.
Could fever mean bad news?
My blood test is only due next week :(

Hi all, wanna check...

Hi, shldnt be a problem as long as the dye has no ammonia. Can check with ur doctor.

I hope so hopeful13!! Haha. At times my body is just chilly but my body temp is just between 36.8-37.1 degrees only. Is it normal? Anyone experience this in their 2ww before? My first cycle I didn't feel like this

Been having fever on & off past few days...I didn't see any GP Curz I don't want to take meds as I'm on my 2ww.
Maybe your immune system is suppressed due to preg that's why u developed a fever? Stay hydrated and positive! :)

I hope so hopeful13!! Haha. At times my body is just chilly but my body temp is just between 36.8-37.1 degrees only. Is it normal? Anyone experience this in their 2ww before? My first cycle I didn't feel like this

Just to share my experience, on the cycle that i got bfp, i also feel chilly during my tww and also during the whole 1st trimester.

Hi Ladies,

I am new to the forum and also new to IVF.
I will be going to stage 2 tomorrow under the long protocol
Any idea how many scans on average we have to go through after the first scan on day 8?
Am thinking of going to take no pay leave cos so ma fan to keep applying time off etc.

Baby dust to everyone!
Hi
Can I ask you something? I will most probably go for long protocol. My first appointment is on CD13. I wonder when I can have my jabs. Thanks.
Oh and if you apply no pay leave, does that mean you won't be entitled to the maternity benefits ?

normal panadol is ok to take if u r not allergic to it. chlorpheniramine is also safe for pregnancy . best to call up your ivf centre to ask and also see a gp telling him u r doing ivf. meanwhile jus keep drinking hot water. drink lots and lots of it and keep going toilet to help lower temperature. rest lots lots . wear socks and sweater keep yourself warm

Hi all, wanna check...

i think coloring of hair before transfer shd b ok but after ET better avoid. if u are not looking like a old granny desperately trying to cover your grey, then tahan abit, .do all these next time ba. there hair mascaras and hairspray with color which u may want to consider

normal panadol is ok to take if u r not allergic to it. chlorpheniramine is also safe for pregnancy . best to call up your ivf centre to ask and also see a gp telling him u r doing ivf. meanwhile jus keep drinking hot water. drink lots and lots of it and keep going toilet to help lower temperature. rest lots lots . wear socks and sweater keep yourself warm

Thank u!...I been trying to keep warm. I called the clinic earlier & they said my gynae can prescribe meds for me or I can go to GP. But I asked them is it ok if I rest first & monitor den after tht go down to the clinic on Monday...doctor said shd be ok. No fever for past 3 hours

Anyone can share the procedures when we go down kkh for day 3 scan? Do we collect the medications after scan? Do we need to go bk and the nurse will teach us how to jab on the same day?

Anyone can share the procedures when we go down kkh for day 3 scan? Do we collect the medications after scan? Do we need to go bk and the nurse will teach us how to jab on the same day?

After day 3 scan, you will need to wait for your number to be called @ counter 6 or 7. The nurse will advise whether you can proceed collecting the medicine and jab, then go back to the clinic again for training how to jab.

After day 3 scan, you will need to wait for your number to be called @ counter 6 or 7. The nurse will advise whether you can proceed collecting the medicine and jab, then go back to the clinic again for training how to jab.

So all done on the same day? Will hv to spend some time there right?

U mean there is a chance that medicine and jab cant be proceeded? How come??

Back