IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi T
Likely to start suppression drugs on 19 June. I have a natural & an IUI pregnancy before. Natural one ended ectopic & IUI one ended at 6 months due to incompetent cervix.

Cos I dun wanna wait anymore, I decided to go for IVF once & for all & hopefully freeze some eggs for future use.

hi weiwei

Last scan on Monday shows follicles around 8.5-12 and got one follicle 15.5 so mostly still considered small so got to inject for two more days then scan again. Guess i not responding quite well.
By the way do you need to scan again on the morning you inject the im pregnyl?
Good luck for your ER tomorrow !! You got a good number of follicles hope they will all turn into good embryos
happy.gif
Do let us know the details after your ER.

hi orangedots
Heard from the nurse before that for some of us the menses will be very light (appear like spotting only) so in these cases you need to see properly then will know that menses is here. Hence that is maybe the reason you may want to confirm with the nurse.

fond

think 2 more days u should b ok. so u r going down for scan tmr? maybe we can meet each other.
happy.gif

btw, on e day of pregnyl, dun need to go down for another scan.

fond

oh, then maybe we wont see each other liao. i hav t b there by 7.30. nvm, maybe friday we can meet up. friday wil b my ET n mostly ur ER. we can see each other after our procedure.
happy.gif

weiwei & fond,
wish u both a smooth er/et this week!
happy.gif

Weiwei,
sounds like u have a good no of follicles, don't worry, there'll be more to freeze. As for progesterone jab, i used to have it done on the bum, so only sore for a day but not very painful as the nurse was very gentle when she did it for me. I hope the KKH nurses will be gentle too...hmm, i heard jab on thigh quite painful...can we opt for bum instead?

Fond,
2 more days shld be able to help improve ur follicle size...jia you!
happy.gif

dream,
if toothache, better see ur dentist so that can get it settled before u start ur jabs if possible...so that no need to worry abt it. I also went to do all my dental work while waiting for my FET previously. Told my dentist to check everything and do whatever mending necessary. Think I'll also get my hair done in the next few weeks b4 my lucrin starts.
happy.gif

hi happy

thank you for your info, i am very very glad that you responded to me : ) btw, may i know is it better to take lucrin jab in the morning or night time?

Hi Curl,

So sad to hear about what happens but you are very strong and you didn't give up!!! You failed 2 times and yet it never stop you from trying again, have faith and trust in God and he will never forsake or abandon you this time.

I was worrying for the last 2 days too about my fibroid and polyps and Doc Foong will be doing a scan for me next monday to make sure that the fibroid and polyps are not located in the uterus as this will cause the embryo not able to implant and he will need to do a surgery to remove them before i can start on my IVF. As I will be starting my first jab on 30th June and really pray that all these thing will not hinder IVF treatment.

Weiwei & Fond,
All the best to the both of you for your ER & ET this week!! Say a short prayer duing your ER & ET and dont worry too much, have confident and all will turn out positive!!!

WeiWei & Fond,
Hope both of you will have very gd follicles and eggs. WeiWei, all the best for yr ER today..do update us. Fond, hopefully u will be doing ER on Fri rite...have a gd rest these few days and I believe everything will be smooth for you also.

Petals_bloom,
Thks for yr concern. The toothache can be quite terrible at times, until i almost tear. I went to the dentist yesterday and will be going to do a Root Canal Treatment tomorrow. Thk got to go a few more times after 2mr..really hope will be ok before the prog start.
When r u starting yr D21 Lucrin jab? Ya better get yr hair job done before u start.

Theresa, yr 1st jab is just 3 days apart from mine, all the best to u also..Hope yr fibroid and polyps will not be in the Uterus, dun worry too much, believe God will take care of you.

petals, dream, fond

hi, there. just came back frm kkh. got 19 eggs in total. e procedure s veri short, only takes abt 20 mins. they r still processing e eggs n e sperms, "bathing" them. wil put them together in e afternoon. not painful, but veri bloated. also had menses-like cramp on n off. wil go back on friday for ET. e nurse said usually 50%-60% wil become embryos, so i should expect 10-12 embryos on tat day. hopefully they all grow well n in nice shape.

fond

how s ur scan today? any further planning?

dream

root canal treatment? i went through tat b4. need abt a mth time to finish everything leh. every time i went for e treatment was like dragging myself. it's was sooooo painful!! better check with ur dentist how long u wil need e treatment n antibiotics.

Hi Dream,

Thanks for your encourgement.... I've also just done my root canal treatment before embarking on IVF. Well, you can ask the dentist to do the root canal and do a temporary filling for you which will last about a year and leave the crowning till later part (if you require)

hi wei wei

19 eggs is fantastic. how long did you have to rest after the ER at the hospital? Did you manage to see Dr Loh?

when go back for ET, will Dr Loh be there to do it? also would IVF inform in advance the grade of the embroyo?

weiwei,
congrats! good that your er went ssmoothly...sounds like a very good no of eggs...all the best for ur ET on fri and hope most of them will get fertilised. Don't worry, now the hard part is over, ET is much easier...like pap smear. Were you conscious during ur procedure today?

dream,
oh, i also had a root canal done this year...hee hee...don't worry, after this, u'll feel much better...i really don't like toothaches.
happy.gif

WeiWei,
Glad to hear that they've retrieved alot of eggs for u. Will they call u before fri to tell how many eggs became embryos or do u've to call?

Theresa & Weiwei,
Hmn..Seems like Root Canal Treatment is quite common..thought i was the only poor thing who needs to do that. I thought they will give injections to numb the location...thought it shouldn't be too painful after they numb it? Hai..think painful i also no choice bcos if i dun do even more painful.

Weiwei, yours took abt a mth, is it the Molar tooth or the front one?..mine is molar, dun know how long to complete..likely may clash wif my ivf. ok will confirm with dentist tomorrow.

Theresa, i think most prob i will need crowning also. Your temporary filling is it all done in 1 visit? Worst come to worst, I may have to do a temp filling and after ivf then do crowning. Is yrs Molar tooth also?

ttc-5yrs,

lucrin in the morning or night does not matter, KKH usually advise in the morning becos of the last injection, but i did it in the night, more convenience, just during last injection, different timing.

weiwei, gals,

I have to go back to kkh everyday to take progesterone injection as I have 26 eggs after ER, I boiled the ginger and red dates only, added only a few slices of gingers else very spicy for the first 3 days, after that only red dates water, as I am tired of drinking lots of plain water, plus took 2 half boiled eggs every day after ER for the first 4 days to ease my bloatedness, that really helps. Other than that, my diet is as per normal, just no cold and raw stuff.

happy74,
was wondering if KK can just give us the progest medicine and we bring to our own nearby GP to jab everyday instead? Cos to travel everyday to KKH when supposed to be resting at home after ER is quite troublesome right? At most GP will charge abt $10 each time, but that'll be the same as our taxi fare if go to KKH.

dream,
yah, i also told my dentist to take any dental x-rays he needed to check my teeth before my FET so that if pregnant later on, no need to take anymore. That's how he discovered my molar infection leading to my root canal. Anyway, just let ur dentist know that you will be trying to conceive during this period and check with him whether any of the medication/jabs he uses will be suitable.

babymaking, petals, dream

thanks for ur concern.
happy.gif
had a good sleep just now.

we reached kkivf at 730 sharp. after verify e documents, i was brought into e toilet to change n pee. i was e 1st case, so din wait veri long.

e anesthetist told me i wil feel ant's bite kind of pain n reinforced not to move my legs during e procedure. then i asked her to increase e dose of sedation so i wont feel anything n just sleep through. actually i only woke up in e recovery bay...... was there until 1130 then hubby pick me up.

only managed to see Dr b4 e procedure as today he had 4 cases to do, veri busy. dun knw whether can call to check e result or nt leh. but e nurse said on friday, Dr Loh will tell us out of 19 eggs how many fertilized through ivf, how many through icsi n e grade of each embryo. then n we wil decide how many to put in. Dr Loh wil b putting for us.

happy

thanks for e tips. wil try.
happy.gif

dream

mine were molars. two at a time.

hi weiwei

Went for scan again this morning got 2 follicle 16.5mm and the rest are average. Today got last job of puregon and going for injection at 24hr clinic tomorrow evening. ER will be Saturday morning and ET is on Monday.
19 follicles is good very high chance will have embryos for freezing. All the best for your ET on Friday.

hi petals , dream, theresa

Thanks
happy.gif
My ER will be on saturday, now just hope the smaller ones will catch up so that i will have more embryos.

By the way will be going to my mum's place to rest after the ER and during 2WW so updates from me will be slower as no internet access there.
happy.gif

Sorry.. happy can i know what is this projestrone jab for? Coz for SGH no such injection is required.
After Et, only need to go back on the 5th day for blood test and that it. So i was wondering gow come so different.

hi

I just saw Dr Loh this evening. Signed the papers for IVF. Supposed to call IVF Centre tomorrow to make the appointment or arrange the schedule.

Babymaking, we should be cycling around the same time because my menses should be due around the end of the month.

Dr Loh gave me the option of the long or short protocol but mentioned that he would have better control over the long protocol so we opted for that.

I am not sure when I will start my Lucrin jabs. Maybe the nurse at IVF will be able to advise. Also, previously when I was doing SO-IUI at Glen E, the crinone progesterone inserts gave me some vaginal irritation and I mentioned taht to him. He mentioned that he does not advocate crinone inserts. Any sisters know if progesterone jabs are used instead?

So my cycling buddies will be Petals and Babymaking? Need a lot of support from all of you. :)

WeiWei,
The sedation for the ER is it that the anethetist will poke the needle to insert a tube on the vein of our palm?..I'm pretty scared of this step.

Petals & weiwei,
Thks for the info. I will let my dentist know that i'm TCC, jus in case.

Fond,
All the best for yr ER on Sat, hopefully you will have a lot of gd embryos.
happy.gif

Wei
Dr Loh will tell you how many embryos that you have on ET day itself. Under normal circumstance, they have placed the best 3 (or depends on combination of the embryos, like 5, 4, 3 and grade 5 is the best grade according to the rating of KK lab) for you in advance, unless you have indicated you just want to put in 2 in your consent form.

The whole process of ET is very fast, after the Dr brief you on the no. of embryos and they will show your name (for verification purpose) together with the picture of the emboys on the tv screen.

Don't drink too much water before you enter into the ET room otherwise you will feel very uncomfortable just in case Dr is late. Bring the water bottle in and drink slowly if you feel that you still can "tahan" while waiting for Dr Loh.

Ya, please remember bring the jacket in, the ET room aircon is pretty cold esp when we are nervous.

Good luck.

There is alot of ladies here doing ivf or will be doing ivf, I have done up a list of our cycling budies(since i'm quite free today
happy.gif
). I remember the ivf-mother-to-be had also did the same thing when they r cycling, hope it will be useful to you.

WeiWei - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (MAY)
Pookums - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (MAY)
Fond - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (MAY)
Orangedots - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JUNE)
JaslynPhua - ICSI/SGH/DR YU (JUNE)
Maplebabies - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JUNE)
TTC_5Yrs - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JUNE)
Dream - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JUNE)
Theresa - ICSI/GLENEAGLES/DR YU (JUNE)
Petals_blooms - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JULY
Snowball - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JULY)
Babymaking - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JULY)
Jade - ICSI/KKH/SFLOH (JULY)

I apologise if i have missed out anyone or have post the info wrongly. Please correct me if I'm wrong and feel free to add in your name if i've missed out, thks!

All the best for yr ivf journey!
kao_babydust.gif

Fond,
So your ER will be on Sat...good lor, still have 2 more days for ur follicles to grow. At least u have ur mum to help out so that you can take it easy during 2ww. Jia you! All the best for your ER!

happy74,
Thanks, good to know they give us all the progest at once.

Jadedmom,
yes, our cycling will be close to one another. My AF shld be arriving soon during these few days...

Dear all,

I am back. Finally got over with everything and now I am on my journey again.

Saw Dr Loh yesterday. He gave us an option of natural cycle this coming July. Natural cycle meaning there will be no injection. They will just collect whatever number of eggs that your body can produce and retrieve them. Than put it back again like ET.

We are still considering if we should go ahead cos we thought we should spend at least 1-2 months 'tiao' my body first. And for natural cycle, we might end up no embryo at all.... haiz a tough decision. On on hand I do not wish to waste anymore time. On the other hand, I also do not wish to jump into it again.

Anybody can advise???

jaslyn

dun wori too much. diff hospital has diff ways of treatment. u can call up n check with ur Dr?

dream

yes, e sedation s intravenous, they hav to put in a soft tube into ur vein for e meds. e anaesthetist's skill s veri good, dun wori.
happy.gif

koala

hi, how r u, mummy?
happy.gif
how many weeks r u now?

thanks for e tips!! tat means even i call them today also wont get any info? hubby veri anxious to knw leh. keep asking me to cal them to check. me not so kanchiong, anyway wil get to knw tmr early morning mah. man ah, finally his turn to wori. hee hee........

ok, ok. wil drink h2o slowly n bring my jacket. now having this kind of feeling a bit funny, but it seems i can see there r possibly 10 or 12 embryos waiting for me, or i should say babies. hee hee......too excited already......

fond

hi, buddy
happy.gif
happy.gif

good luck to ur ER!! hope u can hav good no n quality eggs on tat day.
happy.gif
wah, so good ur mum can take care of u during this special period. u wont b alone n hav someone to talk to. for me, i wil hav to call n disturb my close friends to get my time passed. hubby aleady set up rules for me, only 2-3 hours can play with computer everyday. can nt go shopping coz i wil buy a lot n in e end can nt carry, can nt go n visit my friend who just deliverd 2 mth ago coz staying too far away...... haiz, i wil become a stone one day......

Hi hi all!

Wei wei, congrats! That the ER was well done and now you have 19 eggs, wow ... thats a good start! Rem to rest, rest and more rest ya? Bored, then come in here chat once in a while lor, as long as havent used up 3 hrs of the quota your HB set for you, hehe ... wa, good leh ... that he is so protective of you. He also meant well mah ...

Dream, thanks for the list. At least we know we are all not alone.

Babymaking, thanks for the timeline you drew up. Very helpful ... if i get lost, i can refer to roughly know which stage i am at.

Orangedot, i couldnt find a right sized Coleman cooler bag so am going to get the Fridge to Go cooler bag. But hor, it kept cool only 6-9 hours. Actually most cooler bags keep cold up till 7 hours only. The longer ones are bigger and bulkier so i cant probably lug that around. Sigh ... just come to know my 1st day intinery overseas is meetings throughout the day from morning to nite at various locations. Meaning i cant store it at 1 place but have to carry it around wherever i go and only put back into fridge when i reach hotel at nite ... like that means many hours of non fridge, dont know whether the cooler bag can help keep cold for so long. Very perplex now. Tsk tsk ... My coordinator say maybe in between, during meals, i can get more ice to top up the cooler bag to keep the cold refreshed ... sigh ... guess thats the only way lor ... so inconvenient.

Fond, all the best for your ER!

Hi Weiwei,
Once again, wish you all the best for your ET tmr and dont get too nervous. Remember you have alot of sisters supporting you here o.k.!!

Dream,
I did not do any crowning as my tooth was situated in a "curve" direction, it can be done but will be a tough job for the doc. So i just did a permanent filling.

Wei
I am in my 16 weeks + now, but still keep my fingers cross.

Jade
The max is 3 and you can option for 2 too. I have put in 3 and now carrying singleton.
happy.gif

hi Koala,

Okie, I think I will opt for 3 as well. Was worried abt triplets but I guess with my bad records so far - 7 failed IUIs, I think I better dun be so paranoid. Probably will not happen that way. :)

I was hoping to get twins though - I think I am too greedy. :)

Wei wei, all the best for tomorrow. Hope ET goes smoothly.

Btw, I called up EYS and the lady advised me that acupuncture should be done on the morning before ET and then it can be done again after ET to help the implanting of the embryos. Koala, did you do that during your ET?

hi ladies..may i know if it normal 2 have spotting after menses? i have a bit of spotting now.end my menses 2 days ago but dunno y have a bit of spotting.pls advise.thanks

hi jaslyn,

The projestrone jab is for the hormone support, Some clinics use crinone insert, it is the same thing but KKH prefer projestrone jab instead, KKH explanation is that crinone insert seems to have bleeding earlier than projestrone jab but on the other hand, clinics that uses crinone inserts claimed that there is no need to suffer thru injections and cause blue black on your buttocks.

Ladies, thanks for all the support
happy.gif

Weiwei, your husband really nice, the rules just show that he is really concerned
happy.gif

Rest well after your ET tomorrow, take care.

hi weiwei and fond,
good luck for ur coming et and er, have lots of eggs and embryos!!

jr(seow),
wat is meant by natural cycle? if no jabs, does it mean only one egg will be retrived as usually only one egg will be ovulated in each normal menstural cycle. or oral medication will be given to induce more follicles?

maplebabies, theresa, jaslyn, jade, koala, snowball, fond

thanks
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif
wil post again n keep u updated.

hav to sleep early n fetch our embryos home early morning tmr. just hope my bloatedness wont affect their implantation. also i used to hav constipation prob, but after ET dare nt to strain too much leh, think can nt use too strong meds to induce poo poo, wait e abd cramp wil squeeze e embryos also. must ask Dr Loh for help. ok, see ya!
happy.gif

Back