IVF/ICSI Support Group

hi weiwei,
time really flies when the puregon jabs starts and things will go very fast, and soon u will be in 2ww, good luck!
btw, for er issit gg to be a full GA or partial? me did lapscope last yr, got bad reaction after GA...worried history repeat for er.

hey hey wei wei

maplebabies, thks for the list of gals. when is yr AF going to start?

mine is suppose to start 14 days later.

if all goes to schedule, will start lucrin around 2nd week in july.

and puregon in end july/early aug.

snowball,
i was told that it's between 2k to 4k for the puregon meds and i am prescried 200iu per day..somehow the figures dont gel. should be about 1.4k based on your pricing.

anyone who ben thorugh can clarify the cost? think the bulk of the cost upfront comes from puregon jabs.

btw if each vial is 375 (actual 400), can we take out 200 iu and then reuse the balance the next day? or must throw away?

babymaking,
i was told the same things as well, my dosage also 200iu per day. the 2-4k is an estimation only, it varies for every person, some pple may need to increase dosage or the jabs maybe longer than 2wks, it all depends on individual.
yes, if ur dosage is 200iu then every 2 days u will use 1 catridge.

hi
I'm suppose to do preg test on Mon, but got cramp and staining today. Does anyone know whether if not pregnant, can get menses now? is it menses?

hi weiwei

These two days got more cramps hope the follicles are growing well inside. So do you need to scan again on Monday morning or just go straight for injection at night? Dun think mine will be so fast coz the last time the biggest follicle is only 11.5. Good luck for your ER on wednesday.

hi dream
Thanks will try not to think so much
happy.gif

hi maple babies

If you are worried that the dates will crash maybe can consider freezing the sperm in advance, just in case
happy.gif
However that will also means more money

maplebabies

welcome back
happy.gif
happy.gif
ya, me also excited. btw, got no time to do shopping this weekend as i need to finish up my work b4 my leave which s starting next week. maybe i wil go n look see look see on monday. but hor, hubby veri happy tat i can not go shopping leh. coz everytime i wil buy a lot one, hee hee...... actually dun knw wat to buy also. if i buy baby stuffs, too early; if buy normal wear, maybe veri soon must change, then waste $$. cosmetics, still got enough til next yr, also if preg cant nt use during preg. haiz........ wat to buy?? maybe i wil shop for 1-2 pair of comfortable shoes tat can last through preg as well. how abt u? wat u planning to buy?

snowball

thanks
happy.gif
for ER, they wil giv iv sedation n strong painkiller, but nt GA. so dun wori.

fond

forgot to ask whether need to go down for scan leh. maybe monday morning then call them again lor. i m soooo bloated!!! i m like a 5 mth preg women now!!

pookums

dun walk too much, CRIB as long as u can. tat maybe so many things. implantation bleed, unstable implantation, or starting of menses. as right now kkivf s nt open, talk to ur embryos, tell them to be strong n b with u. monitor e staining, n call kkivf 1st thing in e monday morning. wil pray for u. b strong, as ur embryos need support frm u also.

jaslyn75,
how did ur ET go today? don't worry abt the no. of embies, ok? Wish u all the best!

babymaking,
hi there! sorry to hear abt your previous loss. You did IVF before? Wish u all the best for this cycle. I'm also waiting for my af to start soon too so that i can do my FSH blood test on d2...so we'll prob be cycling at the same time. Jia you to us! Hee hee
happy.gif

Jade,
Welcome to the thread!

Weiwei,
So fast it's time for your ER already hor? Hope ur follicles grow bigger in the next few days! All the best for ur ER!
happy.gif

maplebabies,
For the cooler bag, i saw an ad in the papers 1 or 2 days ago. Can't remember if it's robinsons or a supermkt, but it was a Fridge-To-Go bag for only $12.50 for first xxx customers...anyone remember seeing that too? Me leh, I've been busy shopping these few days, that's why didn't post much here...GSS very bad for me leh...hee hee :p

Thanks Snowball, i dont kno my dosage yet so assuming i just need the lower dosage and at about 2 weeks of purgeon, i should expect to spend about $2k. Ok, have to tell hubby to prepare his funds.

Babymaking, my AF over le. Now just counting down to D21 to start lucrin which is about 2 weeks from today.

Pookums, maybe its implantation stains? Maybe baby still burrowing deep into womb each day so you get some stains? Is it alot and what colour? As long as not alot and not bright red kind, should not be menses bah. U not planning to test with HPT?

Ya Fond, we have opted for that cos IVF so expensive, dont want it to go to waste. But if hubby really not around, think i will be quite cham also, nobody to take me home after ET and take care of my meals etc ... hmm ... wonder if that is the case, can i really ask to be hospitalised instead ... hmmm ...

Haha Weiwei, ya i get what you mean. Hehe, but me on the contrary leh, i havent been shopping for i think one year le. All these while, been saving money, only buy those items that were spoilt and only shopped when on holiday. This GSS will be my first real shopping this year and i am targetting to get a pair of Levis and maybe a pair of shoes.

Petals, sound like Robinsons or those high end supermarket like Marketplace etc ... ok i should go look around some more. Left 1 week for me to shop for the bag.

Hi Babymaking,

Having my 1st day menses and will see my doc tmr.... at least i have someone going through the treatment almost the same time with me..... will keep you update after seeing my gynae tmr..... let's pray hard and hope that the whole procedure goes on smoothly.

may i know any1 got any abdominal discomfort during lucrin injection? i now on d12 of lucrin m having my menses. jun 18 will go 4 baseline blood test n us scan.

actually was feeling relaxed after starting d lucrin but dunno y these days start 2 feel abdominal discomfort n worried.so afraid cant get any follices as i only left wif 1 ovary.
sad.gif

maplebabies, u and ur hubby staying by urself? how r u going to cope after et, will u be getting help from parents/PIL? sorry if i asked too much...wat abt the rest of u gals?
i have been tinking abt tis for a while, me and hubby staying by ourself, so after et, if wan to CRIB, no one to help me and my hubby is unable to take so much leave.

Snow, thats why i thot if hubby has to be away when i am doing ET, i might as well ask to be hospitalised. Otherwise, who help to take care of me and get my meals? At hospital, at least my meals can be taken care of. Maybe stay in KKH for 2-3 days then even if hubby not back yet, i can go back myself since already past 2-3 days already which is more important hor?

snow & maplebabies,
i don't think need to CRIB until u can't move around the house...just don't do housework or anything strenuous and rest at home... For meals, if no one at home, maybe u can order food to be delivered, either those food caterers that do 3 meals or even Macs occasionally? Only need to close one eye as the house maybe not as spick and span as before...just until ur hubby comes back. Even housework u can get those cleaning company to come in once a week if really need.
happy.gif

Hi maple babies, petals,

Done my ET on Sat.. Having some problem on that day coz no bladder though i drink lots of water.... I have put in 3 and no frozen... think is one 5 cellsand another 2 not very sure. sorry what is CRIB?

Can anyone adv.. is it a must to lie down?? For me have already walk around the house and now sitting .Today is my 3rd day of 2WW .. The nurse keeps telling me to stay positive and calm.. rest my mind... so i keep watching TV... day and night...

Wei, all the best for your ET... Good luck\

hi ladies

i'm going to start ivf (dr loh) this month...i remembered on the day i signed the consent letter, the nurse mentioned that dr loh will review every cases before lucrin on D21 after my next menses...i called the nurse on D3 of my meanses and she told me to come back on D21 but didn't tell me what dr loh think? ..i wonder if it's safe to go ahead...not sure if i should write to dr loh and ask him...or just turn up on D21....could some of you give me your advise please?

thanks Snowball for the explanation on the puregon cost.

hi petal blooms
Thansk for consolation. glad to know we are cycling at the same time. for KKH IVF, do we need to go back on day 2 of menses for FSH blood test? - i was not told about this. is it necessary? - can the other gals clarify?

theresa,
glad to know we are cycling about the same time. do keep us updated, btw as i was saying to petals, i didn't know we need to do a day 2 bloodtest - are you also cycling in KKH?

good luck everyone here!

jaslyn75,
hi! CRIB means complete rest in bed. But I think generally our doctors will not ask us to lie down for 24 hrs a day in bed during 2ww unless it's a special case. Just need to relax & rest, whether sitting or lying down, and not do anything too strenuous like housework or exercise during 2ww. Good excuse to get hubby to help...
happy.gif

babymaking,
dunno leh...becos i can't remember taking any hormone level test previously, so when i signed up with KKH, they told me to go back for blood test to test FSH/E2/LH levels on d2...then d21 i can start lucrin if everything ok. So now waiting for AF to arrive. Maybe you have already done this test earlier?

petals, oic.. normally i will be lying down except going to toilet and eating.. I try to relax myself.. but during this period we can be princess... no need do anything, just rest, eat and sleep...

ladies,

my 2 cents worth of thoughts, actually need not lie down all the time cos that will be bad for blood circulation, you need to get the blood to circulate to your womb for implantation, as long as no strenous exercise, your life should be as per normal.

As advised, I was told to boil red date water to drink to help blood supply and circulate to womb too, you might wanna do that, for those who got bloatedness, advise is to drink lots of water and I also added ginger into my red dates water, every morning when I go to KKH for injection of progesterone, I will go to Kopitam and eat bf, 2 half boiled egg, for 3, 4 days, my bloatedness was much better, dr also encourage me to go for high tea and movie with friends to kill time when I wanted to go back to work, basically to relax but not to lie down and do nothing, I think more stressful that way. Good luck ladies.

ttc 5 yrs,

yes, you only need to go back to KKHIVF on day 21 to collect your lucrin and learn how to inject, need not talk to dr loh, he already reviewed your case and stated the instructions in your case sheet, lucrin stage is pretty standard. Dun worry the nurses followed the instructions written on your case sheet reviewed by dr loh.

ah petals ok, will double check with SF loh then.

think the last time i did the fsh/e2/lh levels on d2 was like a couple of years back, dun know if still valid.

hehe, i can;t help but worry that the nurses miss something out :p

happy74: may i know d red dates wif ginger u drink everyday? can i add longan 2? so at lucrin stage can i take now n all d way 2 2ww? cos now i dunno y i got abdominal discomfort like menses cramp.

fond

how s ur scan today? how big r ur follicles? me just came back frm kkh for im pregnyl. planning to do some shopping tmr.

happy

if i remember correctly, u r preg, right? thanks for e info re 2ww. really need it now as my ER wil b on wed. at 1st a bit wori coz thought can nt go out even to buy food.
sad.gif
btw, were u given any injection after ET to help with e implantation? e nurse said i wil need im progesterone, but never say for how long. scary leh. dare nt to jab my self im. r we supposed to come back for bld test after ET b4 e preg test?

babymaking, i'm also doing my ivf at kkivf, i did ask the nurse whether i need to do d2 fsh/lh and e2 tests as mine was two years back. only then i was told tat the results r valid for 2 yrs and i have to redo the tests again. maybe u call kk tmr to confirmed again, they have ur records on hand will be able to guide u along.

hey gals, i did up a IVF schedule and wonder if i got it right.

Day 1 : start of menses - call KKH IVF
Day 2 - Day 16 : Microgyon (birth control pills) x 16 days
Day 16 - Day 21 : Microgyon 5 days + subcut Lucrin 10 units x 5 days Total Microgyon 21 days
Day 21 - Day 30 : subcut Lucrin 10 Units 9 days Total 14 days Lucrin - baseline scan & bloodtest for E2
Day 31 - Day 37 : subcut Lucrin 10 units x another 7 days
Day 38 - Day 44 : subcut Puregon 200 IU x 7 days + Lucrin 10 units
Day 45 (8th day of puregon)- Day 53 (16th day of puregon): subcut Puregon + Lucrin 10 units (dosage depends on growth of follicles) - 1st scan on 8th day of puregon; 2nd scan betwen 9th -12th days; 3rd scan between 13th - 15th day. When follicles reach 16mm, STOP Lucrin. Total 16 days puregon
Day 54 : IM pregnyl at night , ER 2 days later
Day 56 : Egg Retrieval
Day 57 - Day 58 : wait for fertilisation
Day 59 : Egg transfer / balance embroyo to freeze
Day 60 - Day 76 - return for progesterone blood tests (x3) - if more than 15 eggs collected, got to return for IM progesterone daily for 17 days. If less than 15 eggs collected, 4 x HCG jabs.
Day 77 : 17 days later, pregnancy test

Do let me know if i got it right.

Thanks babymaking. I think you are right, however, the total no. of days would depend on our reaction to lucrin and puregon.

Hi to All,
Did Dr Loh ask any of ur husbands to freeze his sperms before the ET ?

yep sunflower, total no of days will depend on indiv reaction to lucrin and puregon - the schedule is the 'standard' protocol, taking into account the longest scenario.

hmm the doctor didn't suggest but during counselling the nurse at KKH IVF did mention it. She says if hubby may have performance anxiety or inability to DIY, then would be preferable to freeze in advance.

cause once eggs is retrieve, ahve to fertilised otherwise will gone to waste. think eggs can be freeze but when thawing will become unuseable.

Hi babymaking,

Had see my gynae (Gleneagles) yesterday, that was my D2 and I had a FSH bld test and was told to come back on D21 to start my injection. But i wasn't put on any birth control pills, nothing at all.... i have check with the nurse and she says no drugs for me until D21, is that the right procedure or maybe KKH ways of treatment is different??? Any ladies experience the same thing as me???

Hi Sunflower,

My doc told me yesterday that he will need to freeze my hubby sperms for backup just in case that his sperms cannot "perform" on the day of ER..... he told me this is better as some hubby might experience anxiety or happens to have works stress during that week of ER

theresa

dun wori abt e birth control pills. i wasnt on also. if u hav regular menses, may nt need tat n just start frm D21 for lucrin.

babymaking

i m scared of e 17 days im progesterone!! e nurse dint tell me how long, just say i wil need tat. oh my god, 17 days?!

Hi Happy and all ladies,

Just to share with you that I have read from one of the infertility book that we are not suppose to consume ginger when we are pregnant as ginger induces "menses". I think it is safer to obtain from ginger after ET (you are consider pregnant after ET)correct me if someone else has other information.

hi babymaking and theresa,
Hmm...i didn't hear about the birth control pills too during my counselling...i remember the flowchart showed "safe sex" during d1-d21 before lucrin, but didn't say must take birth control pills.

the new chart i got from KKH shows Microgyon which is birth control pills.

I guess differnt pple have differnt variations. i know for previously cases from KKH IVF, the hubbies had to take antibiotics to prevent infection affecting the quality of the sperm.

wei wei

the 17 days of progesterone is only when more than 15 eggs extracted. yeah i been through progesterone jabs on alternate days and i already cannot tahan, can;t imagine daily! but nevertheless i am hoping more than 15 eggs extracted - more chances of embroyo and hopefully better grades of embroyo as well.

theresa,
what is the reason why no ginger allowed? i would have thought ginger helps to expel the bloating during ER. maybe on teh safe side, can take up to ER and stop upon ET.

what do you gals think?

WeiWei,
Read that you've yr Pregnyl shot last nite, may i know is it injected on the buttock area?is it painful?

Wan to wish you all the best for yr ER tomorrow.
kao_smile.gif

babymaking

my last scan showed i hav 23 follicles in total, maybe by cm i wil hav more than tat. so, i wil hav to take e jabs.
sad.gif

dream

they jab on e thigh nt e butt. it's painful til now. if over butt, Dr need to take consent frm us as they may accidentally hurt e nerves over e butt. kkh veri strict in this. i had few times of im jabs over e butt b4, nobody said need consent.

Glad to see so many ladies here cycling around the same time as me. I'll b starting my prog on 27th this mth. Just to remind everyone to take yr folic and stay in gd health. For myself, i have not been in gd shape...still having some rashes and to make it worst...now I'm having a bad toothache. I'm worried that i have to go for dental surgery and it might be near my ivf date. Anyone know whether is it alright to take anti-biotics ard the time we having Lucrin injection? Thks.

Weiwei,
Oh it is at the thight ah. Last time had HCG jab for IUI at my arm...thought it is the same. Ya remember the needle quite big one.

WeiWei, read yr post again...ya it's funny cos never heard need consent if on buttock. If i remember correctly, the Pregnyl jab we must go to the 24hr clinic rite?

dream

ya, although i said want to hav it at my nearby clinics, but e nurse said better to go back to kkh as they r more familiar with e meds n we no need to pay them for e jab.

think u can stil go for ur dental treatment. i went for my dental checkup last week also. better to hav all done b4 ER. talk abt hav all done, i did my haircut yesterday n terminal cleaning of my house today. haiz... need to do a lot of things leh.

WeiWei,
Ya thk better chk asap..will go to chk my tooth later. Like u, I also went to cut n colour my hair last week..if not have to wait quite long then can do. Aiyo..u still clean the hse ah...better rest lah cos yr ER is 2mr leh.

dream

hee hee... want to keep myself occupied these days. then i wont think too much abt e procedure. anyway i wont b so active after e procedure. ok la, no prob. now going out for shopping. see ya.
happy.gif

Hi sisters,

i am back!
happy.gif
Just came back from a holiday and on D12 of my lucrin today. Things are moving fast for everyone here....

i have 1 question. We are suppose to have menses during the lucrin stage right, but mine haven't come leh. How? Called KKIVF and the nurses say still have to go down for the scans on D14. Anyone has similar experiences? What will be the consequences... continue lucrin till my menses come then can go next stage?? Oh dear... hope this will not mean a longer cycle for me...

Maple babies,
You can try Coleman cooler bag. It has been very usdeful for me when i was overseas. I put in a Coleman ice pack and the medication inside the cooler bag. Then place the cooler bag in my hand luggage. I got the Coleman from the sports section in Takashimaya. Also saw a good range at Giant supermarket too.

hey wei wei

congrats, 23 follicles is very good
happy.gif
hope you will have just as many eggs extracted. in the mean time, stay relax for your ER. do keep us posted how it goes.

Hi babymaking,

The book did not mention exactly what is the reason to avoid ginger but it seem to induce menses and harm a growing fetus.

At the moment, I'm also taking a prescribed chinese herbs with ginger inside too but my chinese doc ask me to stop once i start my IVF treatment. My 1st jab will be on 30th June, i think to play safe i will stop taking 1 week before.

Hi babymaking,

Sorry did not mention this also, beside ginger there is also common herbs like Aloe vera, Angelica, Cinnamon, Ginseng, Parsley, Rosemary to be avoided during pregnancy. As told, once ET we are consider pregnant too!

Theresa
You are also with Dr Foong? I am too. You can visit the Dr Foong's thread. Lots of discussion.

This mth a few IVF mummies giving birth
happy.gif

Back