IVF/ICSI Support Group

eskimo, i'm supposed to be marking papers now, but i'm procrastinating, heheh... Well, gotta make sure i finish b4 Monday! Jiayou! You can do it too!

eskimobaby - thanks for the advice
happy.gif

Babysmurf - i'm not so hardworking in my ttc...hehe was ill the past 2 mths. now trying to nurse my health back. u still gg for healing???

ladies, could I buy the longans & red dates from chinese medicinal hall or market???

Hi Abple, thanks for the information. I'm with KK, Dr. Matt Lau. I'm thinking of doing it either Aug/Sept, as may need to go oversea assignment, so trying to figure out the date in order not to crash with the travel date.

When are your planning to start the cycle?

Hi Noy,

I did a short cycle in yr 2010. Process is similar to what Abple described. What is the reason for your dr prescribing short protocol?

The short protocol didn't yield as good result for me and I switched back to long protocol for the nxt cycle.

Btw, did u post in cnbc thread before? Find your nick familiar.

Rainy: U take care. I already stop going to laoshi place but get my friend to do for me. u still going? is laoshi able to help you? No wonder didn't see you ard.

Rainy: Market, chinese medical hall or those shop sell dried good have all the stuffs like red date, longans and wolfberries. Important is the red date. u add longan and wolfberries for the sweetness.

Babysmurf- boil the longan with or without the peel?

Noy- i will start mine end of next week.
If you are planning on yours Aug/July, shouldnt you have booked by now? The waitlist is about 3 months unless your gynae overwrites it? No?
I was given a date for August in May. But my gynae had it pushed forward as i am running out of time- less than a year.

Abple, the longgan use for LRD drink is dried type. There are 2 types as much as I know. One type from Thailand (light brown) and the other type from China (blackish). I preferred the one from China but very heaty!! Therefore, just put it a minimum pieces is enough.

Nurul, my af reported 60 days later after my failed FET. It went haywire. Then I realised that I missed af. (hahaha...) You may like to wait for af to come naturally or consult your gynae and he will prescribe medicine to induce af to arrive.

Tks eskimobaby & SunSS!

The prepacked dried longans i got were with the skin. I tried boiling them with the hard 'shell'. But it felt like i was drinking mud water bcos of the colour. So i crack them open and boil them with the seeds.

SunSS- you mean, they have the dried longans without the skin & seeds here in Sh? What do u call them in chinese?

Abple: u buy dried longan. The one u buy those are the one people used for praying. Can try buy from dried good shop called 龙眼干.

Sunstillshines: we take ensure milk is becos it contains selenium which help implantion

Abple, don't have to feel stupid. If you stupid, I also stupid because I only know about the black 龙眼干 not long ago. I have been taking the thai 龙眼干.

Abple, I think you can go to Carrefour to buy. The last time I visited that Caffefour and I was amazed by the wide varieties of dried goods there!

Tks SunSs
Noy- i meant to type Aug/Sept. not sure how it went backwards. Maybe i am just secretly hoping...to turn back time... ☺

Aiyo abple is the same thing. Just that the one u use is no so good quality. Sometime got spoilt one mixed. I also love to eat that after my mum prayer.

Hi Dana, thanks and nope, I've not posted in cdbc thread before. Dr. Lau has increased the dose and trying out to see if my eggs would improve for more qty and better quality as previously I'm on long protocol.

Hi Abple, Dr. Lau has already wrote a memo for me and I just need to call 1st day of mense in August/Sept. I thought I should maybe try to take some supplement before the next fresh for more hopes. :)

Hope, oops, so paisey. Think I muz hv mixed up yours with another sister. Congrats on your successful ET!
happy.gif
) welcone to the 2ww, dear!

Mind sharing what grade of embryos was being transferred today? I m feeling ok, just very sleepy. Keep sleeping, wake up, eat and sleep. Was joking with DH that I m like a pig;p

Luv, I am given crinone gel and utrogestan. Were u given the same support as well?

those interested in autoimmune disorder test thingy sisters..

fyi i've managed to call cgh and my GP in tampines ..seems like they don't do the test straight like that..you'll need a doc referral to do it. Then i also called another gynae with her own clinic and her nurse said she does it cos i mentioned MC before..but apparently not cheap woh..cos there's a whole long list of autoimmune disease/disorder ..she mentioned that say for autoimmune disorder set a/b/c each say range from $100 and up and then consultation fee ranges too..depending if you're 1st consulation or not etc. Im still in the midst of looking for another gynae with pte practice who does tests like the one i called..

Joyfully, yeah, same. Crinone twice a day and utro thrice a day right? Was wondering if they differ for each patient. The utro really makes me tired. Dunno how i'll survive work when i go back!!

Luv, yup, exactly same as you. Utro makes me very sleepy n tired too. Or u wanna call Ning and ask if you could get a substitute for the oral med?

Luv, are you turning 6 week come next week?

I'm feeling ok. Thanks for asking. You're very sweet, Joy.
I'm literally bed resting about 14 hours a day. The rest of my time is divided between flipping channels reclined on the sofa, mealtimes, and eating my meds and supplements.

I m getting fainting spells more frequent today. Whole room turn dark and swirl for a while and I have to steady myself for a few seconds.

Doc didn't say anything about bathing so I took a shower today and felt better.

A personal question... When washing our private parts, I usually will stick a finger in to wash the internal vagina wall as well and place the shower head near there to flush out any discharge. (something like a manual douche) Is it advisable to do that during 2ww?

Randy,
It's ok to be walking around the house to allow blood circulation. According to tcm, it's important to have the blood circulating even during 2ww. Might help with your fainting spells too. It's ok to bathe. Keep yourself cool n comfortable. Avoid douching during 2ww.

Luv,
Wow you are on quite a lot of support med
happy.gif

Randy, it's ok to walk around in your house, sit or lie down on bed, as walking promotes blood circulation. Though it's recommended to bedrest most time especially for the 1st week after ET. Just lie down whenever u feel tired.
happy.gif

It's not recommended to douche during 2ww, unless you have been told by doctor. As our vaginal will produce mucus to clean itself. You just need to wash with mild soap and warm water. Hope the info helps!

Jiayou, Randy! Hope all of our cycle buddies( Hope, Redvelvet, Ning, CelC and blurbabe) will bfp together!
happy.gif

Luv, congrats! Wow time flies. You should be able to see baby's heartbeat in your next scan Liao..
happy.gif

Hope you'll get used to utro and get better by next week. Rest well and enjoy your weekend!

Joyfully, thanks! I'm good other than the bloating and cramps! I transferred 2 grade 1 2 cell embryos.... Not sure if 2 cell is slow lei hope my embbies will be strong! The remaining 4 are monitoring and they will let me know if it will be frozen. Crossing fingers and hope I will have frozen embbies! Everyone jia you be it cycling, ER, ET or 2WW! BFP!

Hope, most embryos grow well in our uterus rather than in the lab. So don't worry k? Think positive and think bfp!!!
happy.gif

I also have cramps, but not much of bloated tummy. Maybe due to lesser eggs retrieval.

My back ache as well due to lying down too long. Was wondering if we can use massage chair for massage in 2ww?

Have a gd night rest k?

Hi sisters, good morning!
Come in to say hello to my cycle buddies and new sisters! {waves}
Looks like quite a number of sisters here are in 2ww. I will be ER-ing on Tues. Hope to join you ladies by next week!

HopeTing, congrats on your successful ET! Rest well!

Randy, hope your dizzy spells has gone. Do you have such dizzy spells in the past? Maybe can call the doc and ask?

Joyfully, better don't use massage chair, cos most machine instructions will advise pregnant or menstruating woman to avoid using.

Back