IVF/ICSI Support Group

babymaking, guess tat they upgraded due to more n more pple. ;p

fatefully, bbt mean basal body temperature, is e temp tat u measure b4 u gt up of bed or when ur body is stil at rest in e morning.

hi gingerbread - what aspect do you want to know abt the difference between ET (embryo transfer) and FET (frozen embryo transfer)? You may need to be more specific with your question so that the appropriate sistas can help
happy.gif

i noe htere's a fresh cycle, and there's a frozen one. lets say i do a transfer in the fresh cycle, n it failed. hten i do a FET, is the FET considered as another IVF cycle?

does my question make sense?

hi Gingerbread,

If there are frozen stored embryos from the fresh cycles, you can do FET. Often, if you have more embryos frozen from your fresh cycle, 1 fresh may allow you to do a few FET.

For purpose of MOH lifetime limit of 10 cycles (and I hope we all don't need to face limit before we succeed!), FET does not count.

For government co-funding (rebate), FET does not qualify for co-funding - only fresh cycles.

For medisave, you can still use medisave to pay for FET but as we are limited to use medisave only 3 times, some couples will elect to pay for FET by cash instead.

Are you thinking of embarking in ivf soon?

Hope this helps.

thanks ron! very helpful indeed!

not soon.. still taking meds n monitoring whether it helps.. but reading up.. jus in case.. so i can be more mentally prepared aso..
happy.gif

Hi all...here's my update: Pregnancy not likely viable. GS and YS grew but can't see fetal pole. I am stopping all jabs and support medication now. Doc wants to monitor HCG level from next week with ultrasound.

To the rest of the sisters here...jia you!! For me, adoption is likely the next option cos doctor told me my response is going down. As such, I can still try but no guarantee about response. Need to channel the funds to the right direction. So hubby and I feel that adoption is more realistic for our case.
happy.gif
Take care and wish you all the very very best. No baby dust to spread further this time round.
happy.gif

hi ladies...

Do my BT this morning.. And I did not ever do hpt at all coz Im paranoid of it. since I married 7 yrs ago and ttc for 6 yrs I nvr see any +hpt. So this time I just let the nurse call me. I have been sick since 4dpt for a week. Bloated nearly to 2nd week. Since 12dpt I got sore breast and not sore boobs, cramp on and off like af to report with lower backache. And yesterday the heartburn attack me. After all.... Nurse call me and Im very scared to pick up the phone. My hubby was with me coz we go out for lunch and ask him to pick up the call.

Mabel, hugz... pls take care and I trust your son will definitely be your biggest pillar of strength now... thanks for your well wishes and the same goes to u.... hugz...

Shainie, how's your results? 'cross fingers'

My DH repeat what the nurse said... She pregnant! and I was shocked coz I already told my DH if any bad news we try again. and after I got that news I do a hpt and for the first time i saw a +ve hpt!

I praise God for this BFP. Thanks ladies for the support all this while.

Spread my babydust to all.

Wayng, minako, flowers here my babydust for u all

Wow, great news, shainie.... Congrats and big hugs..... So happy for you.... 

Enjoy the pregnancy journey and leor's babydust brings you sticky baby luck.... 

daintreez, wayng and flowers thanks
happy.gif

Flowers dear, all the best for ur ER 2morrow.

Wayng this is my first time with Dr Tan HH. My fresh with other Dr. My sticky babydust spread to u.

summer thanks.

wayng, yah will going to see him again. need to make appointment. This afternoon going to purchase the medicine for support. Most probably I will stick with him.

My reading is 485 so most probably Im expecting singleton. But dunno if miracle then kanna twin ;)

Shainie, it's also my first time with Dr Tan. Oh, still must fix appt to see him. I think I'm feeling the excitement for you.... Haha… do u know what's the passing blood level to hv bfp? Isn't 485 high?

Shainie, thanks I hope all can fertilize cos I dun hv many follies.

Now you must take extra care too, dun walk fast fast walk slowly take everything easy ok .

wayng passing is 250 I think.. But not confirm. Maybe other sister know. Mine 485 at day 17 past transfer. Still almost double of the passing mark.

Flowers yah, have to extra carefull. Long way to go.. Cannot rejoice yet, but for sure Im happy coz this is the first time I saw a +ve hpt.

Sarah, ic. Thanks for the info.

Shainie, ya, what did you do for this success? I still have 3 more days to bt. Maybe can still do abit of what u did and catch up.... Hehe.... Or I simply hope coz under dr tan can have more babydust luck..... Kekeke… 

wayng, i just avoid cold drinks and liang food. I did not do any tcm and accu. Previously I do take tcm but i find it very heaty. I wear stocking when I sleep after et till 10dpt. I also had a pinkish spotting on 12dpt. But gone within a day. Oh ya I take multi vitamin, Omega 3, vit C, folic acid, conceive well and immunicoal. I did not eat much egg white this time coz everytime I take I sure vomit.

I think this few days until ur BT just stay relax.

Shainie,

Congrats! So happy for you yayy!

Babymaking,
I'm with Dr Tan HH. Had never heard of Dr Matthew Lau. So cant comment. But i find Dr Tan very good and am very comfortable with him.

wayng,
Soon will be yr turn hehe...this is for you gal.
5639468.gif

Wayng, just like what Shainie said, these 3 days just relax and wait for your BT... implantation would have happened already
happy.gif
good luck and meanwhile, relax....

Thanks alot leor... Happy to see your fairy again... let's wait for your exciting news tml after the scan…

And thanks shainie for sharing your joy and secret… I'll just have to relax thru these 3 days now like what dain said… implantation period already over .… 

ronniemini, how are u?

Wayng take care. Rest and relax. Going down to take my medicine. DH half day 2day to accompany me coz I feel giddy.

Hi there,

Congrats to Shainie!  I can imagine ur jubilance!  Rest and take good care.

Flowers&fruits, Good luck to u!

Seems like there's high success rate for sistas w KKH. I failed my 1st fresh and FET with NUH last yr. Thinking of starting 2nd fresh next mth...

Wow.. Been really busy at work whole day, no time login until now..

Shainie... Yipee
happy.gif
Congrats & thank you for your bb dusts! I will hug it tightly. Wah.. can really feel the happiness jus by reading your post. Hope my turn will come soon too!

Flowers, Good luck for your ER tomorrow! Big step towards BFP lo.. Gambatte!

Wayng, 2morow not working. Still feel giddy and headache. Just back from dinner with DH. Went to KKH b4 that. I've been given, progynova, baby aspirin, folic acid and dydrogesterone for support. My scan will be on the 7/7/11 at AMC and see Dr Tan HH.

Back