IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi Sister, I jus transferred 2 day 2 grade 3 embies this morning. Out of 6, 4 fertilised but only 3 made it, actually the 3rd one was still cleaving and quite fragmented this morning so it was still under observation and may not make it to freeze.

Just completed my acu session n my tcm also said I might have been triggered a day too early (leading at 17mm but many from 6-13mm) as based on my Amh levels and initial number of follicles I could have retrieved more mature ones. At the back of my mind I somehow feel like the protocol this round hasn't been optimised and Kk can't provide the cl We monitoring and things might turn out different if I went to another clinic this round.

But just gotta hope the embies (at least 1) will stick around and make it this time. Praying for u too cycle buddy. When is your beta date?
Ya maybe Kk's patients too many .after transferred , I went for proluton shot and got baby aspirin from Dr Yeong , not sure this will help or not . My blood test will be 14 Dec , how about yours?

Hi anyone knows if baby aspirin can be bought off the shelf or at the Pharmacist counter fr Guardian and what's the drug brand/commercial name? My acu said Guardian sells it but she couldn't give me the name.
Hi sister , for safe , you better get it from Doctor, I also got it from dr yeong .

Hi anyone knows if baby aspirin can be bought off the shelf or at the Pharmacist counter fr Guardian and what's the drug brand/commercial name? My acu said Guardian sells it but she couldn't give me the name.

Cen,
I am given cardiprin which can bought off the shelves from pharmacies. But do note that cardiprin helps with blood circulation but if u start spotting, must stop immediately. Must also check with ur dr if u have any pre-existing conditions where u should not be taking aspirin.

Cen,
I am given cardiprin which can bought off the shelves from pharmacies. But do note that cardiprin helps with blood circulation but if u start spotting, must stop immediately. Must also check with ur dr if u have any pre-existing conditions where u should not be taking aspirin.
Thanks! Heading to Guardian now to check. May I know what's the usual
Dosage?

any idea how to choose an avocado? those i pick up randomly (dunno how to choose) is always brown stains when cut open. there is once a very nice lady help me pick out cos i told her i wan to eat them the next day, the ones she choose for me are perfect.
i supposed taokeyneo just answered your question hehe..i actually don't buy it much so i anyhow choose de those brown ones not green ones cos too not ripe lol if too ripe i mash it anyway and cook :)

Re: baby aspirin is ususally 75mg, those available in sg is the 100mg type name cardiprin, same de, i took last time i just divided into 4 sections and eat 1/4 each time.

Cen,
Hi Daylesford, I bought cardiprin fr unity pharmacy. Just wondering since it's a blood thinner, will it affect lining for implantation? Though it's also supposed to aid blood circulation.
And do u know isit better taken in e morning or at night? Pharmacist recommended morning but internet says night mayb better. Any info u have fr Doctors? Thanks!

Hi Daylesford, I bought cardiprin fr unity pharmacy. Just wondering since it's a blood thinner, will it affect lining for implantation? Though it's also supposed to aid blood circulation.
And do u know isit better taken in e morning or at night? Pharmacist recommended morning but internet says night mayb better. Any info u have fr Doctors? Thanks!
DR recommended take in the morning

My dr did not give me any specific instructions on when to pop the cardiprin. Will usually pop after my breakkie.

Hi ladies, can anyone share their medicated FET protocol? Esp if they did theirs with Dr Loh?

Just did ER with Dr Loh and he recommended to do a medicated FET instead of a fresh cycle because he is afraid that I might get OHSS.

But I'm surprised that he recommends a medicated FET instead of a natural one even though I told him that my cycles are pretty predictable although they are quite short at around 26 days.

Hi cen i need my et this morning too.. bt on 13dec
Hi humbaobao, cycle buddies this time. Last time I started a few wks before u. How many did u transfer? My bt on 16th as mine aren't blasts. All the best and baby dust to us! R u resting at home or gg to work in ur 2ww?

Spore only have one type of baby aspirin call cardiprin. Yes u can get it from pharmacy off the shelf. Take once a day after food. Not swallow but put underneath your tongue to melt. Cardiprin suppose to improve blood circulation.

Hi ladies, can anyone share their medicated FET protocol? Esp if they did theirs with Dr Loh?

Just did ER with Dr Loh and he recommended to do a medicated FET instead of a fresh cycle because he is afraid that I might get OHSS.

But I'm surprised that he recommends a medicated FET instead of a natural one even though I told him that my cycles are pretty predictable although they are quite short at around 26 days.

I find medicated FET simpler n less stress. Just take Med for 12 days n scan to check lining. Once lining ok can arrange for transfer. Natural fet need to check ovulation n scan many times in case u miss it. This causes stress cos I keep worry when I will ovulate. Once LH surge must go down for scan n dr will arrange for transfer. If u miss your lh surge the cycle have to be abandon

I find medicated FET simpler n less stress. Just take Med for 12 days n scan to check lining. Once lining ok can arrange for transfer. Natural fet need to check ovulation n scan many times in case u miss it. This causes stress cos I keep worry when I will ovulate. Once LH surge must go down for scan n dr will arrange for transfer. If u miss your lh surge the cycle have to be abandon

Is the medication injections or oral? May I know which doc you did with? I'm just afraid of more injections again...

Hello, I am very new to this... had a MC at 9 weeks with no heartbeat on Oct 10... my doctor is Dr Loh SF, he is my doctor since I first found out I was pregnant. I had my pregnancy naturally and due to some issue from husband, we decided to go for IUI. Doctor made me do Hsg test to see if IUI is a good option but it seems like my left tube is blocked. He didnt tell me much more but he recommended that IVF has much higher chance. I didnt need to do any test, neither did my husband... Dr just told us to come down on my first day of period if we decided to go for IVF.

Is this normal for Dr Loh? Even though he didnt really explain much but we both hv trust in him and his expertise so didnt hv the negative feeling for him being not too lengthy with his words... but I was worried if we are unprepared for it.

Has anyone been with him and was asked the same (just come on first day of period) by him?

Is Dec is good time to try, will the fertility centre be closed?

He told me that I will need to go to clinic everyday for injection or did I hear wrongly? Those who are under him, do you do that?

So sorry so many questions... just feeling lost. Thank you so much!

IMG_4747.JPG
not many are like the taste of avocado..i am one of them. I did this..Mash a ripe avocado with some 2-3 eggs into an omelette and fry, then splash LOTSA tabasco sauce to mask the taste of avocado lol taste a tad much better than straight eat
Avo is the best! I used to eat avo everyday for breakfast for almost a year before marriage and till now I still believe that it is the cause for my speedy pregnancy after wedding... unfortunately, my taste for avo disappeared when I was pregnant and had a MC... Now trying for another and diligently eat one everyday again...

I ate it with Korean seaweed and Japanese furikake

Hello, I am very new to this... had a MC at 9 weeks with no heartbeat on Oct 10... my doctor is Dr Loh SF, he is my doctor since I first found out I was pregnant. I had my pregnancy naturally and due to some issue from husband, we decided to go for IUI. Doctor made me do Hsg test to see if IUI is a good option but it seems like my left tube is blocked. He didnt tell me much more but he recommended that IVF has much higher chance. I didnt need to do any test, neither did my husband... Dr just told us to come down on my first day of period if we decided to go for IVF.

Is this normal for Dr Loh? Even though he didnt really explain much but we both hv trust in him and his expertise so didnt hv the negative feeling for him being not too lengthy with his words... but I was worried if we are unprepared for it.

Has anyone been with him and was asked the same (just come on first day of period) by him?

He told me that I will need to go to clinic everyday for injection or did I hear wrongly? Those who are under him, do you do that?

Hi Panffy, I'm now with Dr Loh also. I consulted him for a couple of months and did my third IUI with him (first two IUI was with another doctor). After failing my third IUI in April, I decided to just proceed with IVF. But I told him that I wasn't ready for it yet because I prefer my boss to be back from maternity leave first before starting on IVF. So he told me to just call the clinic on Day 1 of my period as and when I am ready to start my IVF. And that was what I did. I called on Day 1, and went for consultation of Day 2 for scanning.

The injections he will give is daily injections, but you can bring it home to self inject.

The last I checked, there is no black out period for December, but the clinic will be closed during CNY. But he did mention that he will be flying around mid December for a couple of days.

Anyone has any success with acupuncture during Ivf? Any gd recommendations in east or central region?

Try Time Enterprise at Aperia Mall (Lavendar). The place is very clean and comfortable, have proper rooms and beds for acupuncture. The physician is a lady, quite outspoken but very kind and cheerful.

I am going there for a couple of months. In the midst of IVF now so not sure if will BFP.

View attachment 667944
Avo is the best! I used to eat avo everyday for breakfast for almost a year before marriage and till now I still believe that it is the cause for my speedy pregnancy after wedding... unfortunately, my taste for avo disappeared when I was pregnant and had a MC... Now trying for another and diligently eat one everyday again...

I ate it with Korean seaweed and Japanese furikake
Hi,
Can we drink Avocado milk shake instead of eating?

Re: baby aspirin is ususally 75mg, those available in sg is the 100mg type name cardiprin, same de, i took last time i just divided into 4 sections and eat 1/4 each time.
Do note that some people are allergic to aspirin (Like myself), so before you touched aspirin for the 1st time, it's best to take advice from your doc. It's definitely a bad scenario to be caught in an allergy while in the midst of a 2WW.

Do note that some people are allergic to aspirin (Like myself), so before you touched aspirin for the 1st time, it's best to take advice from your doc. It's definitely a bad scenario to be caught in an allergy while in the midst of a 2WW.

True also. If no allergy should be ok to take.

Try Time Enterprise at Aperia Mall (Lavendar). The place is very clean and comfortable, have proper rooms and beds for acupuncture. The physician is a lady, quite outspoken but very kind and cheerful.

I am going there for a couple of months. In the midst of IVF now so not sure if will BFP.

I been there before. She has a guan yin and the whole place is quite serene. Quite nice the dr.

Dr Loh don't explain much unless u ask him. Next time u can prepare a list of questions to ask. Despite his busy schedule he will reply u. However sometimes his thoughts can be all over the place so what he explain can be far stretched. I am used to his style so I understand what he is trying to put across. For some it can frustrating to them. Like many people said....chemistry with dr is impt so do your trust in him. I find him a very good and kind dr.

Don't think the fertility Centre will be closed but he may go away for holiday. Once your period is here call the clinic and they will advise what to do. U need to go down for scan and collect medication. Yes the jab is daily but don't worry is nothing once u start the first jab. Not as scary as u think.

If your tube is block then iui already lesser success rate unless u do surgery to unblock it. Cos u only rely on one tube for sperm to pass through. In this case I also feel ivf has a higher chance.

My personal feel. If u are firstvtime doing ivf or dealing with jabs it's better to go Tfc and not his clinic. Cos it's lesser crowd n u pay more attention on how to do jabs in a room. However scan n consultation will be more expensive.

yes very allergic to ibuprofen better avoid. But then again i am also allergic to ibupbrofen and aspirin belongs to the same group. I had swelling on my lips when taking ibuprofen 100mg so i took low dose aspirin and luckily ok..nothing happened..those sisters allergic to above medication take note. In any case do consult your GP first before self medication..

Hi ladies,
Can anyone tell me know whether gold well helps in ET? I recently had a failure medicated FET in Nov with 2 D5 embryos and now hoping to do a natural FET in coming cycle.

yes very allergic to ibuprofen better avoid. But then again i am also allergic to ibupbrofen and aspirin belongs to the same group. I had swelling on my lips when taking ibuprofen 100mg so i took low dose aspirin and luckily ok..nothing happened..those sisters allergic to above medication take note. In any case do consult your GP first before self medication..
My eyelids will swell after I've taken aspirin! Yeah luckily nothing happened to you.

Hi Panffy, I'm now with Dr Loh also. I consulted him for a couple of months and did my third IUI with him (first two IUI was with another doctor). After failing my third IUI in April, I decided to just proceed with IVF. But I told him that I wasn't ready for it yet because I prefer my boss to be back from maternity leave first before starting on IVF. So he told me to just call the clinic on Day 1 of my period as and when I am ready to start my IVF. And that was what I did. I called on Day 1, and went for consultation of Day 2 for scanning.

The injections he will give is daily injections, but you can bring it home to self inject.

The last I checked, there is no black out period for December, but the clinic will be closed during CNY. But he did mention that he will be flying around mid December for a couple of days.

Thank you so much! You are very helpful... I shall check with him again if my period falls before 10th... not too sure if I want to wait for another month esp when CNY in Jan...

Dr Loh don't explain much unless u ask him. Next time u can prepare a list of questions to ask. Despite his busy schedule he will reply u. However sometimes his thoughts can be all over the place so what he explain can be far stretched. I am used to his style so I understand what he is trying to put across. For some it can frustrating to them. Like many people said....chemistry with dr is impt so do your trust in him. I find him a very good and kind dr.

Don't think the fertility Centre will be closed but he may go away for holiday. Once your period is here call the clinic and they will advise what to do. U need to go down for scan and collect medication. Yes the jab is daily but don't worry is nothing once u start the first jab. Not as scary as u think.

If your tube is block then iui already lesser success rate unless u do surgery to unblock it. Cos u only rely on one tube for sperm to pass through. In this case I also feel ivf has a higher chance.

My personal feel. If u are firstvtime doing ivf or dealing with jabs it's better to go Tfc and not his clinic. Cos it's lesser crowd n u pay more attention on how to do jabs in a room. However scan n consultation will be more expensive.

Thank you so much! I shall ask him when I see him again... ya he is a kind doctor, TMC nurse called him at 11pm when I went in for spotting and he was v assuring... I feel much better...then again I personally know 2 ladies helped by him and were successful so keeping the hope up :)

Why do we need to eat egg white and protein stuff during stimulation ? Isn't the injection suppose to stimulate n if u eat protein means counter react to it?

Hi ladies,
Can anyone tell me know whether gold well helps in ET? I recently had a failure medicated FET in Nov with 2 D5 embryos and now hoping to do a natural FET in coming cycle.

Hello! I started eating conceive well after I failed my first medicated FET...I did another medicated FET 4 months later and got BFP:) Not sure is it because I transferred 2 blastocyst during the second FET or is because of conceive well...but no harm trying i guess..gd luck!

Back