IVF/ICSI Support Group

Im planning to queue for ivf at kkh. But i heard the queue is till april next year? Meanwhile feel like trying iui again. Just had 1 failed soiui. Sigh.
yup. heard the queue is around next Mar or so. I guess my FET will be scheduled around Feb, meanwhile wanna try iui again while waiting as hubby is frequent traveller...

Hi u went to him for intralipids only? Is your cycle with kkh?

Yes I went to him with the sole purpose of intralipids while cycling with KKH, but he still treated me like one of his patients which I really appreciated. He also helped to prescribe additional meds or supplements to help support my cycle with KK, even though he didn't have to. I understand Dr SF loh will only give u intralipids and just that, since he's a busy doc and got no time to listen to non-patients. Dr Yeong is not like that, he will administer the intralipids himself and address any concerns you may have during this ivf process with KK

Did so-Iui with SF Loh, don't really have much chemistry with him.

How much is your entire cycle with LC Cheng?

Dr cheng uses Mt E fertility center and they r advocates of blastocysts culture. Very good experience with MEFC embryologists as compared to my previous experience with tfc.

I havent done the entire cycle as i am heading back for FET. The entire cycle Costs all depends on the dosage of the stimulation jabs , the duration of the jabs and also if its a fresh transfer vs fet. But was given an approximate cost of $20k/cycle.

I was a patient with Dr Yeong for the last two years (for Ivf and my recent pregnancy) and delivered my firstborn last month. I knew about his personal indiscretion before I visited him. He has been nothing but professional in all his consultations and has excellent bedside manners. So for those intending to see him but worrying about his prior personal scandal, I'll said go and visit him for the first time and see for yourself if you are comfortable with him. He is a very personable and supportive doctor which I greatly appreciate as undergoing Ivf is a long and tough journey.

By the way, his wife, tracy lim, is also a gynae practicing in the same clinic as him. In my view, if his wife can accept him for who he was/is in the past and present, why not me who is just an outsider? At the end of the day, most impt is that he is a very technically competent doc who is able to help some of us here achieve our dreams of having a baby. :)

Hi ladies, may I know what types of injections are you taking (or have taken) for IVF?

Mine so far are: Menopur & Zomacton (morning), Gonal F (evening)

Curious to know what the rest are taking.

Read that combi is better as can get quality and growth. So far KKH I've experienced is either or for menopur and gonal-f but not a combi. Not sure abt other patients. But for puregon they do combine with menopur.

Yes I went to him with the sole purpose of intralipids while cycling with KKH, but he still treated me like one of his patients which I really appreciated. He also helped to prescribe additional meds or supplements to help support my cycle with KK, even though he didn't have to. I understand Dr SF loh will only give u intralipids and just that, since he's a busy doc and got no time to listen to non-patients. Dr Yeong is not like that, he will administer the intralipids himself and address any concerns you may have during this ivf process with KK
Yes I totally agree with you. He is kind and patient doctor even I am not his patient too, there is one chinese sentence says"用人勿疑,疑人勿用“,can't just judge him is no good by his history, the most important is success in Ivf , this he still got a lot of patient,he is a successful doctor. he told me his success Ivf rate is 69% for my age group.

I was a patient with Dr Yeong for the last two years (for Ivf and my recent pregnancy) and delivered my firstborn last month. I knew about his personal indiscretion before I visited him. He has been nothing but professional in all his consultations and has excellent bedside manners. So for those intending to see him but worrying about his prior personal scandal, I'll said go and visit him for the first time and see for yourself if you are comfortable with him. He is a very personable and supportive doctor which I greatly appreciate as undergoing Ivf is a long and tough journey.

By the way, his wife, tracy lim, is also a gynae practicing in the same clinic as him. In my view, if his wife can accept him for who he was/is in the past and present, why not me who is just an outsider? At the end of the day, most impt is that he is a very technically competent doc who is able to help some of us here achieve our dreams of having a baby. :)
Hi sister , you are right . May I know how much did you spent on the fresh cycle with Dr yeong ? You transferred in D5 embryo?

i going for PGD at NUH this April. After counselling estimated around 10K (or lesser)for only PGD. have to come out with cash as PGD cannot use cpf. They will do testing on day5 embryo before transfering back to your uterus.

Last edited:
Hi sister , may I know is this ur 2nd fresh cycle ? I am 36 years old too, I have tried whatever I can do already , still can't manage to get more egg, and I transferred 2 D3 grade 3 embries. Praying hard for it
Praying hard for u cycle buddy..meanwhile I'm a bit nervous abt my ET tmr.
Are u taking a break fr work through your 2ww?

Hi sister , you are right . May I know how much did you spent on the fresh cycle with Dr yeong ? You transferred in D5 embryo?

Hihi,

I did my fresh cycle with dr Yeong in conjunction with a fertility clinic in Bangkok as i wanted to go for PGS in Bangkok. So my ET and ER costs are incurred in Bangkok and my stim medications are prescribed by Dr Yeong. So I am not sure the cost of a full fresh in SG. My guess is the range of 12-15k. Dr Yeong does his procedures at Virtus fertility center and the lab is strongly for blastocysts so if you go to Dr Yeong, likely your embryos will be cultured to blastocysts if the situation allows.

For my case, I transferred two D5 blastocysts and one stuck and is now my baby boy in my arms! :)

i going for PGD at NUH this April. After counselling estimated around 10K (or lesser)for only PGD. have to come out with cash as PGD cannot use cpf. They will do testing on day5 embryo before transfering back to your uterus.

Thanks for the info. Guess it is too costly and may not succeed. Best of luck to u though!

Hihi,

I did my fresh cycle with dr Yeong in conjunction with a fertility clinic in Bangkok as i wanted to go for PGS in Bangkok. So my ET and ER costs are incurred in Bangkok and my stim medications are prescribed by Dr Yeong. So I am not sure the cost of a full fresh in SG. My guess is the range of 12-15k. Dr Yeong does his procedures at Virtus fertility center and the lab is strongly for blastocysts so if you go to Dr Yeong, likely your embryos will be cultured to blastocysts if the situation allows.

For my case, I transferred two D5 blastocysts and one stuck and is now my baby boy in my arms! :)
Thanks for ur reply . Congratulations to you.

Thank you for you prompt response . What did you eat together with avocado? Maybe mix with milk or just eat like a fruit ?
not many are like the taste of avocado..i am one of them. I did this..Mash a ripe avocado with some 2-3 eggs into an omelette and fry, then splash LOTSA tabasco sauce to mask the taste of avocado lol taste a tad much better than straight eat

not many are like the taste of avocado..i am one of them. I did this..Mash a ripe avocado with some 2-3 eggs into an omelette and fry, then splash LOTSA tabasco sauce to mask the taste of avocado lol taste a tad much better than straight eat
Hahaa can have a try , thank you for your receipt sister

any idea how to choose an avocado? those i pick up randomly (dunno how to choose) is always brown stains when cut open. there is once a very nice lady help me pick out cos i told her i wan to eat them the next day, the ones she choose for me are perfect.

Yes I am. How about you?

Do other hospitals give different needles?

I'm also with nuh. What do u mean different needles? Do u mean medication?

different hospitals/clinics and drs will administer different stimulation jabs based on our individual fertility profile. I am with the same dr throughout all my ivf cycles and i started off with gonalF with a BfP till the last cycle where i was on gonalf + pergoveris + saizen.

different hospitals/clinics and drs will administer different stimulation jabs based on our individual fertility profile. I am with the same dr throughout all my ivf cycles and i started off with gonalF with a BfP till the last cycle where i was on gonalf + pergoveris + saizen.

I see, that's interesting to learn.

U BFP under which doctor?

any idea how to choose an avocado? those i pick up randomly (dunno how to choose) is always brown stains when cut open. there is once a very nice lady help me pick out cos i told her i wan to eat them the next day, the ones she choose for me are perfect.
How-to-choose-an-avocado.jpg

Hi sister , for proluton and baby aspirin , u request from him or he told you to use these two items ? I already got progesterone vaginal gel from KK , is this similar function as proluton ?
How did u spent ur 2ww?

Hi Sister, I jus transferred 2 day 2 grade 3 embies this morning. Out of 6, 4 fertilised but only 3 made it, actually the 3rd one was still cleaving and quite fragmented this morning so it was still under observation and may not make it to freeze.

Just completed my acu session n my tcm also said I might have been triggered a day too early (leading at 17mm but many from 6-13mm) as based on my Amh levels and initial number of follicles I could have retrieved more mature ones. At the back of my mind I somehow feel like the protocol this round hasn't been optimised and Kk can't provide the cl We monitoring and things might turn out different if I went to another clinic this round.

But just gotta hope the embies (at least 1) will stick around and make it this time. Praying for u too cycle buddy. When is your beta date?

Hi anyone knows if baby aspirin can be bought off the shelf or at the Pharmacist counter fr Guardian and what's the drug brand/commercial name? My acu said Guardian sells it but she couldn't give me the name.

Hi Sister, I jus transferred 2 day 2 grade 3 embies this morning. Out of 6, 4 fertilised but only 3 made it, actually the 3rd one was still cleaving and quite fragmented this morning so it was still under observation and may not make it to freeze.

Just completed my acu session n my tcm also said I might have been triggered a day too early (leading at 17mm but many from 6-13mm) as based on my Amh levels and initial number of follicles I could have retrieved more mature ones. At the back of my mind I somehow feel like the protocol this round hasn't been optimised and Kk can't provide the cl We monitoring and things might turn out different if I went to another clinic this round.

But just gotta hope the embies (at least 1) will stick around and make it this time. Praying for u too cycle buddy. When is your beta date?

Hi cen i need my et this morning too.. bt on 13dec

Hi anyone knows if baby aspirin can be bought off the shelf or at the Pharmacist counter fr Guardian and what's the drug brand/commercial name? My acu said Guardian sells it but she couldn't give me the name.

Hi cen,

The one I'm taking is called cardiprin 100mg.. make sure the dosage is 100mg or below. some doctors don't know what baby aspirin is so you can also tell them you're looking for low-dose aspirin

Back