IVF/ICSI Support Group

Ladies need your advice. I'm 11pd3dt, just discover brown spotting this evening. I'm worried because it feels like af is on her way

Has anyone have had such symptoms and still get a BFP? Please share, it's my first ivf.
I had brown spotting for my first child. Which clinic are u with? U can ask for rearlu blood test. If pregnant get support such as poluton immediately.

I do agree no one understands the stress we go through. 2 ww and after BFP the 2 weeks before first scan is also very stressful as the BFP doesn't come easy. I always wonder those who got pregnant naturally do they have any worry before their first scan?

Hi sis .. thanks for your reply .. 10days stim including blocker? Or pure stim jabs only? Tomorrow is my 10th day of stim including blocker. Hoping the best for my scan
Yes including blocker as blocker jab taken together with stim jabs. Mine is total 10 days jab before trigger jab but also note that I started blocker jab only on 5th or 6th day of jab. There are sisters who have 12 days jabs and i read one with 14 days even. Really depends on the mix of jabs in the protocol, the follicle growth and size.

dearie, it is ok to take a prenatal multivitamin formula and CoQ10 separately. I've check with doc before and he ok'd.
Prenatal pill usually already has adequate folic acid so should not take additional folic acid prescribed by doc. Always make sure dosage of folic acid you are taking is suitable for your case (best confirm with doc).
Because you are already taking prenatal multivitamin, you should buy CoQ10 only without other added vitamin or minerals. (for Blackmores brand, don't need the one with D3 or omega)
As for whether black mores CoQ10 at 75mg or 150mg, if you don't have digestion issue, can take 1x150mg or else can break-up to 2x75mg daily. If have any doubts, can always check with doc ya.
Doctor don't prescripe any supplements for me. Hi sister do you have the picture of the Blackmoore?

Is this one correct ? I found this in NTUC , but doesn't indicate 75 mg or 150mg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    849.7 KB · Views: 225
I see. Thanks for sharing!
DH's first 2 diagnosis SAs in Sep'14 and Nov'14. So jialat but we saw progressive improvement -
Nov'14 : Hypospermia and Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia (low semen volume, low sperm concentration, poor motility & abnormal morphology)
May'15: Hypospermia and Teratozoospermia (low semen volume, abnormal morphology)
Sep'15: Teratozoospermia (abnormal morphology)

Teratozoopedia seems like a common issue?

Ladies need your advice. I'm 11pd3dt, just discover brown spotting this evening. I'm worried because it feels like af is on her way

Has anyone have had such symptoms and still get a BFP? Please share, it's my first ivf.

After gg thru e forum, spotting aft IVF seems like a norm?

I had brown spotting for my first child. Which clinic are u with? U can ask for rearlu blood test. If pregnant get support such as poluton immediately.

I do agree no one understands the stress we go through. 2 ww and after BFP the 2 weeks before first scan is also very stressful as the BFP doesn't come easy. I always wonder those who got pregnant naturally do they have any worry before their first scan?
I'm with SGH Care. I'm just having discomfort at lower part (stinging cramps) so super worried even though I keep comforting If it is meant to be, it will be.

See DH's efforts on different things, also dunno what exactly helped actually
- eat healthier home-cooked food as much as possible (mostly eat home for weekday dinners and weekend meals)
- both of us sleep no later than 11pm everyday as we are early risers
- exercise (brisk walking and weight training) at least 2-3 times weekly. Used to cycle but stopped coz heard not good for sperms
- weekly TCM acupuncture
- started over-the-counter TCM meds to 'bu' his kidneys and sperms earlier this year (quite common prescription for this purpose and mild so no need doc prescription, can ask from most TCM store). Then when IVF cycle starts, he stop and replace with TCM meds prescribed by TCM doc
- Western supplements: Compleal Homme ST (prescribed by Dr Loh), CoQ10 Ubiquinol 300mg daily, fish oil, half tbs daily Manuka honey (he started this 2 years ago more for preventing his sore throat tendency)
- Avoid use of plastics (he used to drink from plastic bottles a lot). I also changed out home food storage with glass type after learning the harmful effects of BPA and PVC on fertility

Over the past 1 year, we did notice his overall health improved tremendously then his SA results also improved. He has high blood pressure and is taking medication daily but doc advised that he cannot to stop although this CA+ channel blocker type of BP meds can affect sperms.
Thanks. Paiseh. How to ask from over e counter uh for the tcm?

Thanks. Paiseh. How to ask from over e counter uh for the tcm?
He asked for 补肾益精 的补品/supplement. Based on the store recommendation, we check the ingredients with TCM doc to confirm suitable for him or not. Also for how long can the supplement be taken because some should not be taken on long term basis, also have to consider individual health condition.

So finally he bought this 补肾益精丸 (Bu Shen Yi Jing Wan) by 同济医院 (Tong Ji Hospital), manufactured in Singapore by Yi Shi Yuan Pte Ltd. He bought this from Heng Say Tong 杏生堂 Medicine Hall at 101 Upper Cross Street, #01-29, S(058357), Tel: 65331778.

Haha, today i experienced another kind of pain. There is a new/intern sonographer at kkh today, I knew it when I saw the Dr queue being so close to the scanning queue.

What I didn't know is that scanning can be so painful. Don't know how she poke and twist, until I scared she spoil my cervix or burst my ovaries :confused: ok, i know it may be irrational and paranoid, but I'm a woman undergoing IVF, i worry about everything that will jeopardise my cycle :D

i told her it's getting too painful, she remained expressionless and didn't acknowledge what i said. And my threshold for pain is usually quite high leh! Fortunately an experienced sonographer is there, so i think at least they got my scanning results right. Hope thay I won't see her for my next scans :confused:
happy peanuts i think i know who u referring to, cos she hurt me too! until i told her she's hurting me then the experienced sonographer took over..

I so agree with you. They will never understand.

I broke down recently because someone close to me told me that for her, a child is a blessing and that she will treasure the child. All because I plan to go to nearby KL for a holiday. I felt like I was accused of being irresponsible. If only they went through all that injections, ER and ET then they'd realized that after all that, we are paranoid even after we BFP and we of all ppl, will never take a child for granted. I would never jeopardize my pregnancy. My dr gave the go ahead already.

Oh dear... whoever said it... I hope she realised she hurt you. There is no need to blame you. You are already in your 2nd trimester. People would even fly even further for their baby moon. Just because we suffered to conceive means we have to continue inflicting suffering during our pregnancy? Doesn't make sense.

Don't worry sweet heart. WE understand, and I'm so glad your pregnancy is stable enough for you to go for a MUCH DESERVED break! * Beeeeg hugs!*

He asked for 补肾益精 的补品/supplement. Based on the store recommendation, we check the ingredients with TCM doc to confirm suitable for him or not. Also for how long can the supplement be taken because some should not be taken on long term basis, also have to consider individual health condition.

So finally he bought this 补肾益精丸 (Bu Shen Yi Jing Wan) by 同济医院 (Tong Ji Hospital), manufactured in Singapore by Yi Shi Yuan Pte Ltd. He bought this from Heng Say Tong 杏生堂 Medicine Hall at 101 Upper Cross Street, #01-29, S(058357), Tel: 65331778.
Thanks dawnbb for sharing! :)

Yah...try to stay in bkk longer..say 6-7 days...i usually stay few days longer than suggested...

I just took a few iron tablets, din finish all coz it seems to cause me to constipate :(. I will be going back 1st eek of jan for ET...Hopefully those precious embbies (coz only a few) survive the thaw.;)
Ok, i have iron tablets, CoQ10 and L-Ariginine. Yah agree, maybe i should stay one more day before going back. My 2 embroyo, one already collapsed, now left with one, hope it can survive tomorrow for freezing. It is so difficult!
I am going around New year time for my second collection.

Ok, i have iron tablets, CoQ10 and L-Ariginine. Yah agree, maybe i should stay one more day before going back. My 2 embroyo, one already collapsed, now left with one, hope it can survive tomorrow for freezing. It is so difficult!
I am going around New year time for my second collection.

Yup...agree is tough..esp when i overheard other people with 10+ eggs...but at least treat it as shopping trip while in bkk..

I see. Thanks for sharing!
DH's first 2 diagnosis SAs in Sep'14 and Nov'14. So jialat but we saw progressive improvement -
Nov'14 : Hypospermia and Oligoasthenoteratozoospermia (low semen volume, low sperm concentration, poor motility & abnormal morphology)
May'15: Hypospermia and Teratozoospermia (low semen volume, abnormal morphology)
Sep'15: Teratozoospermia (abnormal morphology)

Its Really big improvement on the count n motility within few months! Continue with the good supplements and stress free lifestyle and healthy diet!

My DH also jialat case; same as your DH. He had 2nd SA n saw increased in sperm count after 1month of diet change plus a prescribed medicine... maybe its some hormone pills (tests n medicined from an urologist prior going to Dr Loh)

I guess seman volume, count n motility can easily improved which is good news but we gals cant wait for them since our eggs quality is a downward sloping curve.
Now is to pray for his sperm n my egg quality to improve n wait for God perfect timing to give us the babies!

Let's us and all sisters jiayou on our embarked journey!!
Hugz

Its Really big improvement on the count n motility within few months! Continue with the good supplements and stress free lifestyle and healthy diet!

My DH also jialat case; same as your DH. He had 2nd SA n saw increased in sperm count after 1month of diet change plus a prescribed medicine... maybe its some hormone pills (tests n medicined from an urologist prior going to Dr Loh)

I guess seman volume, count n motility can easily improved which is good news but we gals cant wait for them since our eggs quality is a downward sloping curve.
Now is to pray for his sperm n my egg quality to improve n wait for God perfect timing to give us the babies!

Hugz

Actually prior to my IUI, my DH really consumed a lot of fatty fishes, together with the zinc, his sperm volume doubled. Perhaps it's good to give them some good food too?

Hugz
Hi, what med was ur DH prescribed with to see an improvement in count? How abt mobility, did it improve as well? Who is the urologist ur DH is seeing?

Actually prior to my IUI, my DH really consumed a lot of fatty fishes, together with the zinc, his sperm volume doubled. Perhaps it's good to give them some good food too?

Yes claire thx for sharing!
but my DH always give me eat all the 'liao' n he himself eat less. I scolded him that those oysters give me eat (cos i love shellfish etc) also wont help my eggs.
Luckily he is eating male multivitamin.
Ok now you reminded me zinc... tml i cook orh luak for him hahahaha

Hi, what med was ur DH prescribed with to see an improvement in count? How abt mobility, did it improve as well? Who is the urologist ur DH is seeing?

Hihi
I cant recall the medicine but v likely its to increase his hormone. The urologist is Dr Simon Chong. No onlY increased sperm count.. nothing on motility.
I would say if the urologist is also passionate in male infertility than good cos the doctor can help your husband. If not you are only paying his salary. Fyi DH didn't continue seeing the urologist.
Where are you doing your ivf?

Last edited:

I have a friend who conceived twice naturally told me she wasnt at all nervous or worried about the 1st scan.
Personally i feel we who going thru ivf have endure pains, spent lotsa money n great deal of effort to be positive etc... surely we wanna reap what we sow, since we put in alot more than gals who naturally preggie, so our expectations are higher. Thats how we get all jittery before scan or even BT.

Teratozoopedia seems like a common issue?
Sigh... Dr Loh always assure us no need to worry too much about the morphology test because that criteria is too strict and not good indication or doesn't mean no good sperms at all to fertilize the eggs. With ICSI, will be ok. But when result always less than 1% out of the millions of sperms, very sad loh. Also none of embryos implant before so of course will worry. Sometimes makes me wonder those men with normal morphology >1% like superman, is it even possible at all. I think DH also did his best already, what will be will be. Like patn said, our eggs can't wait coz aging fast. Just have to have faith and forge ahead.

Sigh... Dr Loh always assure us no need to worry too much about the morphology test because that criteria is too strict and not good indication or doesn't mean no good sperms at all to fertilize the eggs. With ICSI, will be ok. But when result always less than 1% out of the millions of sperms, very sad loh. Also none of embryos implant before so of course will worry. Sometimes makes me wonder those men with normal morphology >1% like superman, is it even possible at all. I think DH also did his best already, what will be will be. Like patn said, our eggs can't wait coz aging fast. Just have to have faith and forge ahead.

Most of the girls who did ivf started off with DH bad quality sperm at least more less is the case. There are many who BFP with low sperm count or bad morphology. It's when trying naturally that motility n morphology is Impt. However even if you have one percent the total count in millions still make up for it. So sperm is not the major concern in ivf unless your DH sperm is extremely bad.

Sad .. my protocol .. lining 6.9 triple. Biggest follicle abt 19mm ..there's 4 to 5 big follicles of more than 15 mm .. rest r about 6 to 8mm .. growth so uneven .. waiting for review. They r letting my doctor assess if I should go for trigger with 5 to 6 big follicles only or Jab further to let 12 and 13mm follicles catch up to 16mm. Sian. Likely my cycle burn cos of the 5 follicles maybe lesser than 5 eggs if some don't even contain an egg

Last edited:
Sad .. my protocol .. lining 6.9 triple. Biggest follicle abt 19mm ..there's 4 to 5 big follicles of more than 15 mm .. rest r about 6 to 8mm .. growth so uneven .. waiting for review. They r letting my doctor assess if I should go for trigger with 5 to 6 big follicles only or Jab further to let 12 and 13mm follicles catch up to 16mm. Sian. Likely my cycle burn cos of the 5 follicles maybe lesser than 5 eggs if some don't even contain an egg
hey the numbers are good there. dont think so much. just follow the procedures. u will make it.

How u all cope/manage cost? One shot pay all be it cash or credit card?
10-11 k from medisave and government grant. balance cash as per need only. example like first interview registration and some blood samples. total amount inclusive the medisave n grant can be up to 15k.

I have a friend who conceived twice naturally told me she wasnt at all nervous or worried about the 1st scan.
Personally i feel we who going thru ivf have endure pains, spent lotsa money n great deal of effort to be positive etc... surely we wanna reap what we sow, since we put in alot more than gals who naturally preggie, so our expectations are higher. Thats how we get all jittery before scan or even BT.
totally agree. those who conceive naturally do not have same emotions as we are. some even want to abort it telling me they aint ready after years of marriage. wtf. :/

1 more day of puregon and trigger tomorrow night. Er on Saturday and if there's successful fertilization then mon transplant day 2 embryo. Doctor say follicles reading r reasonable no risk of ohss but still .. I rather watch and minimize. Any further delay and the quality of eggs may degrade and doctor says usually they extract any thing from more than 10mm follicles cos there might be ready eggs as well. Better to have gd quality eggs instead of alot of follicles but bad quality eggs. Feeling nervous for ER

hello towkayneo i dont mind their topic revolves around kids cos i do unds they spend majority of time juggling with kids home and work.
but it makes a diff if the person is gg about saying she regrets having kids, how blessed to not have and similar words along the line.. is trying to be helpful in the wrong way.
so yes, they just need to be more sensitive with their words. pardon me if i wasnt clear enough earlier and misunds. im perfectly fine with friends being preg and them sharing on their kids..
No problem, I agree totally with what you said, just add on my thoughts only :)
Ya, it's very sians to keep hearing mother friends talking about their kids throughout your catch-up with them. Like that might as well don't come out (which I did, until I got pregnant :p )
I had one very good friend who told me that it's ok not to have kids then, cos still have her son (her son is my godson), I told her straight that it's entirely different - her son doesn't carry my husband's surname, we don't get to carry and hug as when we like. Perhaps that time cos I did not have kids, so I took offense by her statement. Now looking back, actually, it could be well intentions.

1 more day of puregon and trigger tomorrow night. Er on Saturday and if there's successful fertilization then mon transplant day 2 embryo. Doctor say follicles reading r reasonable no risk of ohss but still .. I rather watch and minimize. Any further delay and the quality of eggs may degrade and doctor says usually they extract any thing from more than 10mm follicles cos there might be ready eggs as well. Better to have gd quality eggs instead of alot of follicles but bad quality eggs. Feeling nervous for ER

Hi hopeful, jia you for your ER on this sat! Its good news that u hv no risk of ohss. Hope you have gd quality eggs for ER! Continue to eat well and stay positive.

Of course they do! Ummm....ok, my friends are mostly paranoid mothers.

Last edited:
Lotsa Good luck and blessings!

It's true, but I read mostly spotting seems to be within a week after transfer. A few days before BT seems unusual but of course there are always unexceptional cases. Just super curious and worried.
Yup, spotting within a week after ET usually brings good news cos it may mean implantation has happened. Spotting a few days before BT usually comes bode bad news, BUT of course there are exceptions.

Yup, spotting within a week after ET usually brings good news cos it may mean implantation has happened. Spotting a few days before BT usually comes bode bad news, BUT of course there are exceptions.
Thank you Towkayneo. I'm visiting the hospital at noon for early blood test. I think it's a bfn somehow I feel it. Just wondering how to plan forward now. With heavy workload, a traveling job it is very difficult to go forward and full force with what I want. Do any of you ladies face similar issues and how do you cope with it?

Thank you Towkayneo. I'm visiting the hospital at noon for early blood test. I think it's a bfn somehow I feel it. Just wondering how to plan forward now. With heavy workload, a traveling job it is very difficult to go forward and full force with what I want. Do any of you ladies face similar issues and how do you cope with it?
Some ladies here quit from their jobs and go all the way for the IVF program. With heavy stress and traveling, seriously, even if you BFP, the risks are very high too...agree? So I guess, either you cut down your duties, else gotta leave the job.

Some ladies here quit from their jobs and go all the way for the IVF program. With heavy stress and traveling, seriously, even if you BFP, the risks are very high too...agree? So I guess, either you cut down your duties, else gotta leave the job.
Yes I do agree. I guess I'm in need of courage.

Yes I do agree. I guess I'm in need of courage.
*sigh* then again with the high costs of living, how not to have double income? maybe the best way is to see how best you can reduce your workload. Otherwise, you can wait till you BFP then decide whether you carry on or not?

Jia you! you will be triggered by the Queen of Jabs - Pregnyl ! That one hurts like mad.

U have already came so far!
Jiayou!

Must stay positive! Thinking negatively won't help you and your eggies loh.
Every mature egg has hope so must have faith!
Let the doc do their job. You continue to eat well, more proteins to support growth, have good rest. Jia you k!

*sigh* then again with the high costs of living, how not to have double income? maybe the best way is to see how best you can reduce your workload. Otherwise, you can wait till you BFP then decide whether you carry on or not?
Grace BB, it may be a long shot, but any chance of requesting for a 6M to 1Y sabbatical from work? Quitting is the toughest decision, as a BFP means no maternity benefits from the company upon delivering; if BFN and decision not to try IVF any further, it may take time to find a new role. Unless money is not an issue...

I'm one of those who quitted my job to do IVF.

At work I usually stayed till 7 - 8pm, and sometimes still continue to work from home till 12am or have to attend night calls. I feel the stress is affecting my health and after much consideration, I quitted my job of 8.5 years. It's really not easy to just quit my job cos I'm not from really well to do family. Just average income family. But I still go ahead and left my job cos I think work can wait, while age waits for no one.

If quitting is not an option, then maybe can try talking to your boss to see if can work from home or reduce workload.

Must stay positive! Thinking negatively won't help you and your eggies loh.
Every mature egg has hope so must have faith!
Let the doc do their job. You continue to eat well, more proteins to support growth, have good rest. Jia you k!
Thanks all! Im getting the queen of jab tmr night! Few more days to a possible transplant. Just pray for good things and that my eggies grow well

Yes. Me too. I quitted my full time job beginning of this year. As I find the job is very stressful caused me to have very serious body aching as sitting long hour and meet multiple deadlines all the times. I quit bcos I find my age can't wait further and I always wanted a kid as soon as possible.

It is a tough decision but having my own kid is more important to me.

I also quit my job in Jan this year. Since we are ttc and age is not on our side, quitting is the option since my previous job was very competitive and it entailed travelling.
Actually to quit or not is a personal choice, cos we need to pay bills even just staying at home. hahaha... I would say, maybe, admin or recept job is less stressful with no need to commit to ot or have deadlines, I would have stayed on.

I also quit my job in Jan this year. Since we are ttc and age is not on our side, quitting is the option since my previous job was very competitive and it entailed travelling.
Actually to quit or not is a personal choice, cos we need to pay bills even just staying at home. hahaha... I would say, maybe, admin or recept job is less stressful with no need to commit to ot or have deadlines, I would have stayed on.

Me too quit my job earlier on this year. But nearly one year on, I am still not successful haha...

Me too quit my job earlier on this year. But nearly one year on, I am still not successful haha...

Same for me hahaha..
But best not to think so negatively... since we have already decided and sacrificed our income to have babies... then lets us keep our positivity and have faith. :)
Thinking negatively also affect our health and eventually will affect DH too.
Jiayou sister!!

Back