IVF/ICSI Support Group

just met Dr and he said mine was a biochemical pregnancy and would come to a close. If any consolation, I will not hv any miscarriage but mere menses soon. Sad but somehow my tears are dry. Well, next is to go for antibody test and await next cycle.

Life goes on.

Hugs babe. Try again. Cheer up! Jia you! Who knows you might preg naturally soon.

Hihi, tried tcm on and off over the years but no help. Now trying this tcm at lavender.. I took yaz as I wanted to "restart" the cycle after so many years.. while trying to seek help from tcm etc.. but menses by taking these med doesn't mean still got eggs right?
mmm, when u take yaz, i understand is u wont ovulate at all. the egg is not released. after i stop my mense still came little altho tcm has helped regulated it back.. is contraceptive after all so if u trying for kid u will have to stop it. have a fren's sis whose mense come only every 6 mths but still preg with 3 kids so think u hv a better chance than taking yaz?? maybe ask ur gynae and see what he or she reco will be good also.. :)
hope it helps this is what i know, hopefully is correct too..

@Domokunn and @char-mee Hugzz gals. It's tragic and tough when things like this happen. Persevere and move on. My first bfp mc when hcg was 13000 and second when hcg was 4000. Really cud not handle the loss. It's super painful. Heart was super heavy eyes super teary and mind weary. Wat to do...just pray and move on over time. Take time to heal and get back on your heels ladies. Hope and prayers will definitely let us succeed.

Yup! Thanks for the encouragement. I Went for my Scheduled BT this morn. Even thought Already KO but I still go ahead and when I told the nurse my menses is here. She 'oh' and my hcg is only 8. At least it is a lucky number 'huat' haha looking forward to my FET. Any advise for FET? It will be my first FET as well.

@Domokunn and @char-mee Hugzz gals. It's tragic and tough when things like this happen. Persevere and move on. My first bfp mc when hcg was 13000 and second when hcg was 4000. Really cud not handle the loss. It's super painful. Heart was super heavy eyes super teary and mind weary. Wat to do...just pray and move on over time. Take time to heal and get back on your heels ladies. Hope and prayers will definitely let us succeed.
just met Dr and he said mine was a biochemical pregnancy and would come to a close. If any consolation, I will not hv any miscarriage but mere menses soon. Sad but somehow my tears are dry. Well, next is to go for antibody test and await next cycle.

Life goes on.
i think is hard for anyone to really understand the pain u all are going thru. please continue to jiayou, stay strong and may u all (and all of us) bfp soon!

Actually, you really don't have to worry too much about your husband's soldiers. My husband's soldiers are also of bad quality. I had asked Dr. Matthew if that's the reason why my IVFs were not successful. He told me traditionally they treat the women because for men, out of the millions of soldiers, they had already selected that best ones so it should not be the problem when IVF is unsuccessful. So if your eggs and womb have no problem at all, you probably don't have to worry too much about IVF being unsuccessful. Be positive ok?
Thanks so so much for these comforting words. I am staying positive :)

Did a scan after 5 days of jabbing. Only 1 size 15mm, 1 size 13 mm, the rest range from 9mm to 12mm.

Asked doc how's the growing of eggs? He replied "okie la, some big some small, what to do, that's life..". (Doesn't sounds promising)

Asked how's the lining? He replied "lining is beautiful".

Saw the number of jabs at the counter and I simply can't believe it. 2 jabs per day for the next four days. *arghhh* (So looking forward to the last day of jab)

Anyone doing your cycle in August?

Did a scan after 5 days of jabbing. Only 1 size 15mm, 1 size 13 mm, the rest range from 9mm to 12mm.

Asked doc how's the growing of eggs? He replied "okie la, some big some small, what to do, that's life..". (Doesn't sounds promising)

Saw the number of jabs at the counter and I simply can't believe it. 2 jabs per day for the next four days. *arghhh* (So looking forward to the last day of jab)

I will be doing my FET nxt tues..is that your first jab? I think dont tink too much abt the follicles growth ya..jus carry on the jab as usual..=)

When i take my second jab (menopur), the growth wasnt as expected but then dr added a third jab n then things start to get better again =)

Me. Most probably will start my stim next wk lor. Let's ⛽⛽

Really? Me too. Oct :)

The doc prescribed vitamin E for my hub. Hopefully it works :)
Wow! How come all your hubs only 1 type of supplement. Dr prescribed 4 types of supplements for my hub. Coq10, vitamin c, e & 4get what's the other 1. Sigh. Poor hub. Haha. He takes until a bit sianz...

I will be doing my FET nxt tues..is that your first jab? I think dont tink too much abt the follicles growth ya..jus carry on the jab as usual..=)

When i take my second jab (menopur), the growth wasnt as expected but then dr added a third jab n then things start to get better again =)

Cycle started on 6 August
Day 1 to 5 took menopur
Day 5 took orgalutran
Scan on day 6
Day 6 to 9 have to jab both menopur and orgalutran.

The nurse already pre-empt me about orgalutran. When I removed the cover, the needle didn't look terrible. However, when I tried to inject myself it took three tries before I was able to poke though the skin. The needle was just too thick. I finally got it in by pushing really hard.

I think all of us here are quite expert in jabbing already. Let's all Jia you and graduate from this!!

Hi all, any ladies here is doing IVF with DR Loh from TMC? i would like to find out about the approximate cost.

I am 31 years old, IVf journey started last year in april.

First fresh cycle April 2011, 11 embryos, transferred 2 Day 3 embryos, BFN
First FET in Nov 2014, transferred 2 blastocyst, BFP, but baby heartbeat stop at 8 weeks
Second FET 2 weeks back, transferred 1 blastocyst, BFN.
I have no more embryos at KK. I am very demoralized. anyone has same experience as me? multiple IVF failures. It is so depressing to see people around me getting pregnant and having babies, one after another.
sorry for pouring my negativity, but i really just need to get it off my chest.

Hi all, any ladies here is doing IVF with DR Loh from TMC? i would like to find out about the approximate cost.

First FET in Nov 2014, transferred 2 blastocyst, BFP, but baby heartbeat stop at 8 weeks
I have no more embryos at KK. I am very demoralized. anyone has same experience as me? multiple IVF failures. It is so depressing to see people around me getting pregnant and having babies, one after another.

*hugs* IVF is never an ez journey. I have nvr find a cycle with Dr Loh. But the price is similar to SGH's ( which I think is abt 10-15% more ex than kkh) except that u dun get govt subsidies.

I myself have went thru 3 fresh cycles n know of a few sisters who done >4 fresh cycles. So don't give up! N jiayou!!!

I just booked apptment to see Dr Tan HH in sep.

Anyone do one cycle in nuh and changed to kkh on another cycle? Wonder do I need to request for past medical record from nuh or not.

Anyone do one cycle in nuh and changed to kkh on another cycle? Wonder do I need to request for past medical record from nuh or not.

Hi. Dr Loh gave me an estimation for this cycle. About 14k.

Go on and rant here, I think all of us will understand, So no worries ya. *hugz*

Hi Ladies,

Is it advisable/beneficial to exercise during our ivf process? Mild exercise such as walking on treadmill or in the park for 45mins or so.

Purpledragon,
Some of the records might be kept with NUH. It's best u check with the IVF centre at NUH to see if they could make copies for to bring over. Record such as blood test and others. It's better if you could rem the stimulations dosages u had with them cos I'm not if they will release tat for u too. It's good for the 2nd dr to refer to when u r doing 2nd cycle with him.

Purpledragon,
Some of the records might be kept with NUH. It's best u check with the IVF centre at NUH to see if they could make copies for to bring over. Record such as blood test and others. It's better if you could rem the stimulations dosages u had with them cos I'm not if they will release tat for u too. It's good for the 2nd dr to refer to when u r doing 2nd cycle with him.

Thanks.

This is my 4th tries. Therefore think is good if i can have all the records for Dr Tan to refer.

Really? Me too. Oct :)

The doc prescribed vitamin E for my hub. Hopefully it works :)
My case is about the same as your... I have a 6yrs old but my second one I had a miscarriage. Till now try but nothing.... Dr conclude that my hub as low sperm count.... Everytime went for sperm test always low... So a kind nurse recommend COQ10... N somehow it works... Increase the sperm count... He is countinuing with the supplement.. With supplement.... I too took it also... Coz the nurse say I can take it.

Hope everything will go well for ur Ivf... I be doing at sgh.

I switched from nuh to kkh. Didn't take any records started all from scratch.

Wow! How come all your hubs only 1 type of supplement. Dr prescribed 4 types of supplements for my hub. Coq10, vitamin c, e & 4get what's the other 1. Sigh. Poor hub. Haha. He takes until a bit sianz...
Hahahaha. I can totally understand that. I ask my hub take 1 only he wanna die already. It is the kinda everyday must remember pain.

My hub i think is low count and lousy mortility or something.

Anyway which hospital are u with?

Hahahaha. I can totally understand that. I ask my hub take 1 only he wanna die already. It is the kinda everyday must remember pain.

My case is about the same as your... I have a 6yrs old but my second one I had a miscarriage. Till now try but nothing.... Dr conclude that my hub as low sperm count.... Everytime went for sperm test always low... So a kind nurse recommend COQ10... N somehow it works... Increase the sperm count... He is countinuing with the supplement.. With supplement.... I too took it also... Coz the nurse say I can take it.

Hope everything will go well for ur Ivf... I be doing at sgh.
Wao!!! I shall buy that too. Any specific brands?

Hi can anyone share the procedure for FET after a failed fresh ivf? I will be going for my FET but not sure what to expect. TIA

I took blackmores 50mg of coenzyme cost me abt 60 plus... You can take 100mg also... I would be buying the 100mg only tat it's expensive... But good stuff always burn the pocket...
Any which hospital you be going?

Cycle started on 6 August
Day 1 to 5 took menopur
Day 5 took orgalutran
Scan on day 6
Day 6 to 9 have to jab both menopur and orgalutran.

The nurse already pre-empt me about orgalutran. When I removed the cover, the needle didn't look terrible. However, when I tried to inject myself it took three tries before I was able to poke though the skin. The needle was just too thick. I finally got it in by pushing really hard.

I think all of us here are quite expert in jabbing already. Let's all Jia you and graduate from this!!

Ouch! It mus haf been v painful for u to jab! U did it urself? If u find its too painful to do it, u can consider getting yr hubby to do it for you..at least u dun need see the needles gg in..

It was painful for me when i took menopur comparing to gonal f

Yes i hope we all graduate frm this asap!

All the best to u gal! Keep us posted

I took blackmores 50mg of coenzyme cost me abt 60 plus... You can take 100mg also... I would be buying the 100mg only tat it's expensive... But good stuff always burn the pocket...
Any which hospital you be going?
I am going through IVF with KKH.

I just asked DH. He says he had that already. When he went to an urology last year. But didn't seem to improve much for him :(

I will still buy and force it down his throat :)

Omgs. I can understand. I went to my gynae and den to the urologist..both suggested my hub to take coq10..no other supplements..until i decided to embark on my ivf journey den dr prescribed his clinic vitamin to hub..

Life goes on.
Take care Char-Mee..

Hi GreenTeaLatte, mine is also August. Today is my 3rd day of jab.
1-3: orgalutran
4-7: menopur
8-9: both
10: orgalutran

So I guess mine is the short protocol. This is my 1st time ivf journey.

Pray for a smooth journey for all of us!

Hi xylitol,

You may want to try tcm. I have a cousin's wife (they both reside in Taiwan currently), she did 2 fresh cycle of IVF some 12 years ago, gynae. gave up on her as the number of eggs became lesser and s/he does not know how to help her anymore. So in the end, she went to see a tcm for 1 year (not sure if my cousin went to consult too), then she went back for the final and 3rd fresh cycle of IVF, and told her if still BFN, it is not her fate to have child(ren). However, she then succeeded with twins, one boy and one girl, and they are 10 years old now.

So you may want to try the tcm route, if you are not the conventional/traditional believer. I can recommend you the current tcm that I am seeing if you want. Just PM me or leave me a message will do, as I do not check all the messages on the board daily very often.

Hi All

I was told that I have blocked tubes, the eggs and sperm are all ok, so main problem is the tubes. Does anyone know if TCM can help? Which one to go to? Anyone successfully unblock tubes via TCM? Doc suggest IVF instead of ops to unblock. I with SGH.

Hi All

I was told that I have blocked tubes, the eggs and sperm are all ok, so main problem is the tubes. Does anyone know if TCM can help? Which one to go to? Anyone successfully unblock tubes via TCM? Doc suggest IVF instead of ops to unblock. I with SGH.
Hi I'm with Dr Zou Yumin from AMK Ave 8. She's very knowledgeable about ivf and her specialty is women fertility. She does acupuncture and prescription medication. You may like to consult her.

Hi ladies, I read somewhere that drinking Ensure Life milk powder is good for ivf. But I'm getting confuse if that is good for egg or lining? I'm preparing my body for FET in Oct so looking to build my lining in the meantime. Appreciate your advice.

Yah. That time he only took 1 type of supplements when we did our iui years ago. But now... Haha. Old liao
Everything also 'deteriorate'. He will take care of the morning dosage cos he brought 1 set of the supp to his ofc. So i will take care of his night time de. Think he also low count & lousy mortility. He did the SA once only. Won't be testing anytime soon again cos we will be doing ivf+icsi. So Dr said can kiv the SA. I m with sgh. How about u?

Any sisters seeing tsb during Ivf cycle? May I know how many days need to see her during the cycle (I.e start of jabs)

Also if only see her to tiao my body, how many times need to see her per cycle?

Just booked an appt to see her in Oct.

Any sisters seeing tsb during Ivf cycle? May I know how many days need to see her during the cycle (I.e start of jabs)

Also if only see her to tiao my body, how many times need to see her per cycle?

Just booked an appt to see her in Oct.

Hi tsf0205, before the ivf cycle, u have to let her knw when u will be going for the cycle then she wwill prescribe medications for u and to be drunk after ET. You dont need to see her during the jabs.

She will see you once or every 3 weeks per month.. For me, my hubby and i are seeing her and cost abt 180 - 200..

Hi All

Both are block? Actually i wud suggest to do lap to unblock since ur eggs and sperm ok sure can natural conceive. Why do ivf if u can natural rite. Did the dr say why don't unblock?

Back