IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hahah I memorise!! Then see the doc for review she show me the paper, I confirm the number again. Then when I come out, quickly type into my Hp.. :D

On my first review, it was a trainee doc talking to me and when she show me the paper, she ask me "u ok with the number?" Quite funny qns I find. I was like, can I say no? Hahah
wah..u have powerful memories..haha.

Hello all, I had my bt yday it was confirm negative. I had my review today with doctor and he suggest that if I wan I can do another natural Fet this month.
I suspect that my embryo are of poor quality that's why they don stick at all despite everything looks good.
Doc suggest I can do pgd to see if my embryo are of good quality before transfer.
Sin do not allow pgd so I need go KL to do it.

In a dilemma if I shld try another fet with blastocyst or do pgd to ensure before transfer.
Anyone had any experience?

Hello all, I had my bt yday it was confirm negative. I had my review today with doctor and he suggest that if I wan I can do another natural Fet this month.
I suspect that my embryo are of poor quality that's why they don stick at all despite everything looks good.
Doc suggest I can do pgd to see if my embryo are of good quality before transfer.

In a dilemma if I shld try another fet with blastocyst or do pgd to ensure before transfer.
Hi yyw82, did you transfer day 2/3 embryos previously or blastocyst? I failed my fresh and fet with 2 day embryos. Not sure if it was problem with my uterus or embryos. I am thinking of culturing embryos to blastocysts next fet since pgd is not allowed. By then shud be able to know if the embryos are of good qualities. What did your Doc advised you?

Hi yyw82, did you transfer day 2/3 embryos previously or blastocyst? I failed my fresh and fet with 2 day embryos. Not sure if it was problem with my uterus or embryos. I am thinking of culturing embryos to blastocysts next fet since pgd is not allowed. By then shud be able to know if the embryos are of good qualities. What did your Doc advised you?
this was exactly Dr THH advice to me. If the embryos can grow to blastocyst, then shd be stronger ones.

Hi moinie,

I Trf a D2 embryo. My previous FET doc suggest to do a blastocyst but it couldn't cultivate till D5 so I was asked to rush down to do a D4 and only 1 embie survived. But that also ended with BFN.

Doc suggest I do blastocyst for next FET. He ask me to start this month if I want but he also say there is also no guarantee that if go onto blastocyst the embryo are healthy or good.

So I'm in a dilemma.

I am doing my ivf in kl w Alpha Fertility centre w Dr colin Lee. Have also done PGD. Now waiting for FET in sept. I retrieved 23 eggs but by the time it gets to day 5 n 6 only 4 left. After pgd left w 2. N they did say tt chances are better w good embryos left fr the elimination process. Hope tt helps. Let me know if u would like to know more. Jia you!

I am doing my ivf in kl w Alpha Fertility centre w Dr colin Lee. Have also done PGD. Now waiting for FET in sept. I retrieved 23 eggs but by the time it gets to day 5 n 6 only 4 left. After pgd left w 2. N they did say tt chances are better w good embryos left fr the elimination process. Hope tt helps. Let me know if u would like to know more. Jia you!
Hi celestialbaby,

May I ask how much you spend including pgd?
How does the package looks like?

Thank you very much.

Hi celestialbaby,

May I ask how much you spend including pgd?
How does the package looks like?

Thank you very much.
I've just PMed u. the ivf is about RM40K, pgd is RM20K in addition. Attaching Alpha ' s price list cos it varies depending on the individual's needs.

Attachments

• 1436315750149.jpg
    1436315750149.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 229
Does it mean to improve the chances we should do a transfer at blastocyst stage?
That was never discussed with me, that i have a choice?
If so I will wait till blastocyst for my thaw cycle.

Does it mean to improve the chances we should do a transfer at blastocyst stage?
That was never discussed with me, that i have a choice?
If so I will wait till blastocyst for my thaw cycle.

Yes you have a choice. The only thing is some embryo might not survive till blastocyst stage as they are not receptive lab environment. Doc say womb is the best environment to grow the embryo but then again like my case it probably doesn't grow and bad quality of embryo.

It's a gamble cos if u thawed them and if they don survive to blastocyst at lab environment would mean you have nothing for transfer. But if they grow to blastocyst they have a higher chance of implantation.

I can't tell you which is good unless you have experiences. My second FET I request for blastocyst but just D4 they called me up and say cannot wait and only 1 surviving embryo.

So I know for me blastocyst might not work.

@j_snow , are you with KKH? I am with KKH and currently doing my FET. Doc has scheduled me for the transfer this Friday but she never mention anything about blastocyst. I guess they willknow best what is good for me.

I read on overseas forums/blogs that blastocyst transfer is preferred because those can grow to D5 should be the best embryos and it can reduce the risk of multiple pregnancies. However it is very subjective to the IVF lab's abilities to culture them. IMO, blastocyst is not preferred at KKH probably due to the lab's culturing system still not up to standard. Maybe the blast transfer at KKH does not yield good results, hence most docs are not confident to offer this options.

Hey ladies. Just to share my past experiences at KKH. I have done 3 fresh and 3 FET, of which KKH offered the blast options to me for 2 cycles. In general, it broils down to the number of fertilised embroyos we have. As some gals have correctly pointed, culturing to blast would mean taking a gamble that you have some or none to transfer on D5 and the fact that some embryos grew better in the womb. In that 2 cycles, i have more than 10 fertilised embryos. Hence the doc gave me the option of culturing half to blast and freeze the other half. If none of the embryos can make it to blast, i will then have to do FET in the next cycle. When i made the decision to culture half to blast, the 3 days wait from D2 to D5 is torturing. IMHO, I do not think it is the case where the condition in the lab is not up to standard, but it means taking a very big risk and not many would want to take the gamble.

@j_snow , are you with KKH? I am with KKH and currently doing my FET. Doc has scheduled me for the transfer this Friday but she never mention anything about blastocyst. I guess they willknow best what is good for me.
Yes i am with KKH, I guess like what shiro_ger mentioned, I have too few fertilised eggs. I retrieved 12 but only 5 was able to make it. So if too little number of eggs mayb they do not recommend to go to blast.

If we know our embryos will arrest by day 5, I think not transferring them is the best option. No point wasting insurance money and subsidies. It saves us from worst 2ww that ends up with negative results.
Of course before that we have to be confident that the lab can do the jobs in giving our embryos the best culturing condition possible.

I read on overseas forums/blogs that blastocyst transfer is preferred because those can grow to D5 should be the best embryos and it can reduce the risk of multiple pregnancies. However it is very subjective to the IVF lab's abilities to culture them. IMO, blastocyst is not preferred at KKH probably due to the lab's culturing system still not up to standard. Maybe the blast transfer at KKH does not yield good results, hence most docs are not confident to offer this options.
i raised this w Dr THH n he went through lengthy explanation why blastocysts may suit some. it generally shortens our agony of tww if the embryos are not meant to be. In his view quality of embryos already determined at onset. So i opted for blast this time, if at all my frosties dun work, i will be going work as per normal. and if it works, then the tww is effectively shorter wait. it's just a personal preference I guess.

Hey ladies. Just to share my past experiences at KKH. I have done 3 fresh and 3 FET, of which KKH offered the blast options to me for 2 cycles. In general, it broils down to the number of fertilised embroyos we have. As some gals have correctly pointed, culturing to blast would mean taking a gamble that you have some or none to transfer on D5 and the fact that some embryos grew better in the womb. In that 2 cycles, i have more than 10 fertilised embryos. Hence the doc gave me the option of culturing half to blast and freeze the other half. If none of the embryos can make it to blast, i will then have to do FET in the next cycle. When i made the decision to culture half to blast, the 3 days wait from D2 to D5 is torturing. IMHO, I do not think it is the case where the condition in the lab is not up to standard, but it means taking a very big risk and not many would want to take the gamble.
Shiro _ger,

May I know if you have success with ivf on live birth? You are so strong so go through so many rounds of ivf.

If we know our embryos will arrest by day 5, I think not transferring them is the best option. No point wasting insurance money and subsidies. It saves us from worst 2ww that ends up with negative results.
Of course before that we have to be confident that the lab can do the jobs in giving our embryos the best culturing condition possible.

Some embbies survive better in the womb than in the lab. No matter how good the condition is the lab it can never mimick our womb most natural environment. I have frens doing day 5 blasto with bfn n next cycle they do day 3 and BFP. There are always debate on this theory. Just think about it what if embbies really have better chance in womb but U wasted it by culturing to day 5 n risking all being arrested. Ofcourse U don't have to go through the pain of 2ww but then U never know if they fight better in your womb.

@yyw82 I have a 30mo son from my 1st fresh. I bfp-ed in nov last year but ended in mc at week 8. Now pregnant at 11 weeks via d 3rd fresh. In this last fresh, i tsf-ed 2 D5 blasts and ended up in twin pregnancy. Unfortunately lost 1 at week 7.

So i agree with one of d gals here tt D5 embryos may not necessary be healthy. Though it inplanted, may lost it due to reasons such as chromosomal abnomalies.
Whether to tsf a D2 or D5, it is really a gamble.

Yes i am with KKH, I guess like what shiro_ger mentioned, I have too few fertilised eggs. I retrieved 12 but only 5 was able to make it. So if too little number of eggs mayb they do not recommend to go to blast.

I was also seeing Dr Tan HH for iVF. I retrieved 11 eggs and only had 4 fertilised eggs on day 2. However, I was recommended to go for blastocyst culture. I'm not sure was it decided by the doctor or the lab. They may also be looking at other things which I'm not sure of. I asked the nurse and she said they usually recommend blastocyst culture for those who failed their first cycle and have many eggs retrieved. But that was my first cycle and I did not have that many eggs.

I guess the doctors have their reasons for recommending or not recommending it. Good to check with them about it.

I was also seeing Dr Tan HH for iVF. I retrieved 11 eggs and only had 4 fertilised eggs on day 2. However, I was recommended to go for blastocyst culture. I'm not sure was it decided by the doctor or the lab. They may also be looking at other things which I'm not sure of. I asked the nurse and she said they usually recommend blastocyst culture for those who failed their first cycle and have many eggs retrieved. But that was my first cycle and I did not have that many eggs.

I guess the doctors have their reasons for recommending or not recommending it. Good to check with them about it.
Shinkirou, did Dr Tan tell you the reason for transferring blastocyst? I asked him about blast transfer after my failed fresh day 2 transfer, but he asked me to stick to day 2. My fresh yielded 9 embryos, now left with 4 embryos after failed FET.

Shinkirou, did Dr Tan tell you the reason for transferring blastocyst? I asked him about blast transfer after my failed fresh day 2 transfer, but he asked me to stick to day 2. My fresh yielded 9 embryos, now left with 4 embryos after failed FET.

Hi,

Dr Tan wasn't around on my day 2 ET n I was told by the doctor that was covering his duty that I could go for blastocyst culture. So I chose D5 blastocyst transfer partly becos I wanted Dr Tan to do the ET. Also for the higher chances of implantation.

When I met him for my ET, i didn't ask him abt it so he didn't explain to me.

Did he explain his concerns for not recommending blastocyst culture? It may be due to the slight chances of embryos not being able to survive thawing and he wants to maximise your success chances. I'm just guessing. I'm sure Dr Tan will try to recommend the best options to us.

Last edited:
Hi,

Dr Tan wasn't around on my day 2 ET n I was told by the doctor that was covering his duty that I could go for blastocyst culture. So I chose D5 blastocyst transfer partly becos I wanted Dr Tan to do the ET. Also for the higher chances of implantation.

When I met him for my ET, i didn't ask him abt it so he didn't explain to me.

Did he explain his concerns for not recommending blastocyst culture? It may be due to the slight chances of embryos not being able to survive thawing and he wants to maximise your success chances. I'm just guessing. I'm sure Dr Tan will try to recommend the best options to us.
Great! So are you in your tww now?
He did not really explain the reason for not choosing the blast. He just said "No lar, we stick to 2 days transfer". Maybe because I've just tried once then, see what he will recommend me for next FET. Btw my last ET was not done by him, he was on leave. I wasn't given a choice to wait for him. :(

How many scan already? =) M doing ivf at kkh too... i think this is my 3rd scan... my follicles growing quite slow too .. Day 11 from 1st injection atm

Last edited:
Queenie & ringbell, were you at Kkh earlier? My lining is 6mm but follicles growing slowly. So next scan either Sat or Mon to determine ET date.

@char-mee , I had the scan yesterday and doc said I should have ovulated although the ovulation test kit shown nothing. The doc who reviewed my case has arranged for the ET tomorrow morning. Keeping finger crossed. All in, I have 3 scans before doc gave me the go-ahead

Just saw doc... day 11 of injection. i need another scan this coming sat. Continue injection till Sat too. ER on Monday only.

Last edited:
Just had my 2nd scan only but already D14 from menses. Think I confused the bleeding from my endo scratch from my actual period. That's why haven't ovulate yet. All the best ringbell, you doing day2 or day5 transfer?

Just sharing. Fave fruits & nuts provide free delivery for orders above $50...

Attachments

• 1436414652955.jpg
    1436414652955.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 171
Just had my 2nd scan only but already D14 from menses. Think I confused the bleeding from my endo scratch from my actual period. That's why haven't ovulate yet. All the best ringbell, you doing day2 or day5 transfer?
It should be day 2 transfer as doc never mention anything. I only have two embryos so unlikely they will risk it for blastocyst. Everything is uncertain as we will only know tomorrow on the embryos thawing result. Can only hope for the best

They r also closing in Sept too? Tot they r close early aug so not accepting af come after 11 jul to early aug...
The nurse told me close in sept (if i heard correctly) so now appointments for IVF earliest is october. the earlier dates all taken

Hi girls..had my ET (thaw cycle) tdy. Out of 5, 2 arrested by day 2 and 3rd one fragmented. Left 2 to put in but 1 is sub-quality but can trf still..so only 1 gd looking 1. .hopefully that 1 warrior will fight thru!

May i ask how many days MC were u given for thaw? They gave me 3days only..haiz..thot can rest more. Or mayb its e resident doc there v stingy? Mayb i shld hv asked frm Dr tan...he is always generous with MCs.. coz im a teacher..going back to sch next mon..means this wkend i must really maximize my rest. Haiz

All the best and good luck for ET, gals! ☺
I wonder if its painful when i wake up and do i need alot of bed rest during the 2 weeks?
I heard khh will be giving at least 2 weeks MC. Too bad i just quitted my job...

Great! So are you in your tww now?
He did not really explain the reason for not choosing the blast. He just said "No lar, we stick to 2 days transfer". Maybe because I've just tried once then, see what he will recommend me for next FET. Btw my last ET was not done by him, he was on leave. I wasn't given a choice to wait for him. :(
Am very blessed to have succeeded in my cycle in May and I'm still seeing Dr Tan for check-ups. =)

Hi girls..had my ET (thaw cycle) tdy. Out of 5, 2 arrested by day 2 and 3rd one fragmented. Left 2 to put in but 1 is sub-quality but can trf still..so only 1 gd looking 1. .hopefully that 1 warrior will fight thru!

May i ask how many days MC were u given for thaw? They gave me 3days only..haiz..thot can rest more. Or mayb its e resident doc there v stingy? Mayb i shld hv asked frm Dr tan...he is always generous with MCs.. coz im a teacher..going back to sch next mon..means this wkend i must really maximize my rest. Haiz
is yours a day2 or D5 transfer?

is yours a day2 or D5 transfer?
Oh ya forgot to mention, it's a d5 blastocyst. Wasn't expecting to feel soo sick after that and after taking the antibotics. Btw shld I start taking like pineapple cores now? I'm so worried abt my lining not thick enuff for implantation since e last measured was only 6.7mm....

Any success cases to share some tips?

Oh ya forgot to mention, it's a d5 blastocyst. Wasn't expecting to feel soo sick after that and after taking the antibotics. Btw shld I start taking like pineapple cores now? I'm so worried abt my lining not thick enuff for implantation since e last measured was only 6.7mm....

Any success cases to share some tips?
Some people eat beef and drink red bean soup and it helped to improve their lining by a lot over just mere 2 days. So you may wanna try.

Back