IVF/ICSI Support Group

Going to my FET in July so went to my usual tcm. However, came back with bad news that I will never succeed w natural or ivf coz my kidney-liver constitution is poor, my good embryos can't be implanted. And it's a result of stress... Which I'm not sure what else to do other than quit my job.
Have anyone heard this from your tcm abt such condition, I've never heard or read anyone being diagnosed with this problem? What else to do other than tcm medication?

Hi, I m Juz Tinking of ur situation.. If ur kidney-liver constitution not good, isn't there anyway tt TCM can help? I mean TCM is abt accu point for each part of our body.. Catch the right point, tte qi & blood flow wld move well & ll that help ur constitution in one way or another?

Else like wat some sisters say, take foods that may help & best part, reduce stress if that can b done..

I m not v well-verse in TCM but my TCM doctor is always trying her best to "unblock" any problematic parts for me to make my body close to perfect coz she believes tt only when the body is in tip-top status, chances of implantation ll b high..

Mayb seek a second opinion fr another TCM?

This is Juz my 2 cents worth & hope u don't mind..

So today is your final jab as well?? I told the doc to give me another day to jab but she doesnt allow.. This is my 2nd cycle. my first cycle was in 2012 and was a chemical pregnancy. I couldnt continue due to all the financial stress so have to build up the war chest and start again this yr..

Hope08, i agreed with ron8129. U have to test first before stopping every support.. jiayou..

@missyserene , good luck!!
Yes. Today is the last day for the stimulating jabs.

All you need is one good egg that sticks to have a baby. I had my baby only thru my second cycle too. Think happy thoughts!

I went for my bt a day earlier n confirmed im out of the game!!! :( Now juz look forward to my 2nd fresh..

Gd luck to Feenix for ur bt tmr n ladies who r gg for ur ER n ET..:)
Take care. You have already done very well. Just rest and relax your mind. When you are ready then go for the next cycle. *hugs*

Yes this is my first ivf. I do have 1 frozen. I have come to term to accept the fact that it is not meant to be yet. So sorry emotions got over me.
It's ok... I remember I broke down very badly on my first failed cycle. After ER, I was feeling so horrible and then at the end of the 2ww it was negative. I wondered why too... I wanted to have children so badly but not "given" even one. My husband was devastated cos he couldn't do anything for me thru this TTC journey. After the failed 1st cycle, he told me and kept assuring me that he can do without child if I don't want to go thru IVF again. That's a lot, considering he loves children a lot.

After resting for a year, I did my second fresh cycle, and I was pregnant! We were elated! No words could describe how thankful I felt that moment.

When I wanted a second child, I did my FET and it failed. I have no idea why. So here I am back at IVF, hoping to have a second child. Nobody knows why except God truly.

Try to think happy thoughts. Do happy things. Don't spending time doubting yourself and wondering why. You have already done a lot more than most pp to try to have that one child. We all understand how hard it is.

Jiayou! *hugs*

Yes this is my first ivf. I do have 1 frozen. I have come to term to accept the fact that it is not meant to be yet. So sorry emotions got over me.
Dont be sorry. It's a devastating feeling. This is what this forum is for. And trust me when I say all sisters here wished it was good news for you.

Do cry it out, grieve it out, feel angry, feel the numbness and loss. But Believe. We are strong women. Sometimes stronger than we think we are.

Hugs and take care .

Dont be sorry. It's a devastating feeling. This is what this forum is for. And trust me when I say all sisters here wished it was good news for you.

Do cry it out, grieve it out, feel angry, feel the numbness and loss. But Believe. We are strong women. Sometimes stronger than we think we are.

Hugs and take care .
Just wanna share that I myself went thru a devastating bfn just couple weeks ago as well. All the emotions you are feeling are felt by everyone who has failed before. The pain will fade slowly over time although I have good and bad days. But I still have hope and that keeps me going.

Hi, I m Juz Tinking of ur situation.. If ur kidney-liver constitution not good, isn't there anyway tt TCM can help? I mean TCM is abt accu point for each part of our body.. Catch the right point, tte qi & blood flow wld move well & ll that help ur constitution in one way or another?

Else like wat some sisters say, take foods that may help & best part, reduce stress if that can b done..

I m not v well-verse in TCM but my TCM doctor is always trying her best to "unblock" any problematic parts for me to make my body close to perfect coz she believes tt only when the body is in tip-top status, chances of implantation ll b high..

Mayb seek a second opinion fr another TCM?

This is Juz my 2 cents worth & hope u don't mind..
Thanks ladies for all your advice. i had another tcm too at clementi who helped corrected my ovaries so had enough good eggs for retrieval. now need to work on improving well being to increase chances of implantation.
will take my tcm med first n google on natural foods... even if ivf doesn't work for me, at least get to improve my organs.

you can read online that some research says fresh cycles are not the most ideal as your body just had loads of hormones from ER. So things maybe better too in our FETs. Let's stay positive together.

Hi ladies, i just went for my trigger shot tonight. So painful right after it's injected…dunno why it's so much more painful than the last time. Going for my ER on Mon…hope for the best! :)
Hi ribbonz, may I noe jab at which part of the body? Tummy or thigh or butt?

Thank you for all your kind words and encouragements. I will be strong for this failure. I am feeling much better now. Got me some time to swallow the fact but I am blessed to have a husband who is much supportive and am blessed to have stumbled upon this forum and find you wonderful souls. Hugs!

hi @mesara, i wanted to say sorry for your loss. I read about your loss after BFP but was myself in a very lost state after the failed Apr FET to be active on the forums. I was struggling with giving up... However, I read about everyone's developments and felt your joys and pains. At my DH prompting, we reviewed with Tan HH last week and decided to do it immediately for Jun cycle. Even I was surprised at the rapid turn of events.

I only went through natural thaw FETs previously. Each FET was about $2200 - with $1200 covered by grant and $1000 covered by medisave.

For natural thaw FET, the lining must be at least 8mm triple with one dominant folicle above a certain size (?) and must ovulate (so that your body will adjust hormone level accordingly). They will thaw the embryoes at Ovulation+1d and transfer D2 on Ovulation+3d. I start reporting for scans on D9 and going every 2-3 days. I must do ovulation test everyday starting from D10.

For medicated FET, there's only one single criteria of lining at least 8mm triple. Need not care about dominant folicle or ovulation as the med is to control the hormones. I am not sure how they will time the transfer.

All the best to you in your plans for Aug FET.

@bunnymuimui when will you likely start start fet? Ya like u I have exhausted all funds from grants n medi save for 3 fresh. Will likely do FET in Aug. What was your total fet cost previously pls. Also for fet only lining matters is it...do we really need to ovulate
..as in must have a follicle of certain size? Wish u all the best this fet.

hi dear @queenie122009 I am going for my last shot. It is in these trying times that we realize our true selves... that mothers dont give up when there's the slightest of chance. This past 1 week is like a dream, as DH gave me his last ounce of support. We are doing this only two of us knowing. I dun dare to let the two mothers know this time...

hi @mesara, i wanted to say sorry for your loss. I read about your loss after BFP but was myself in a very lost state after the failed Apr FET to be active on the forums. I was struggling with giving up... However, I read about everyone's developments and felt your joys and pains. At my DH prompting, we reviewed with Tan HH last week and decided to do it immediately for Jun cycle. Even I was surprised at the rapid turn of events.

I only went through natural thaw FETs previously. Each FET was about $2200 - with $1200 covered by grant and $1000 covered by medisave.

For natural thaw FET, the lining must be at least 8mm triple with one dominant folicle above a certain size (?) and must ovulate (so that your body will adjust hormone level accordingly). They will thaw the embryoes at Ovulation+1d and transfer D2 on Ovulation+3d. I start reporting for scans on D9 and going every 2-3 days. I must do ovulation test everyday starting from D10.

For medicated FET, there's only one single criteria of lining at least 8mm triple. Need not care about dominant folicle or ovulation as the med is to control the hormones. I am not sure how they will time the transfer.

All the best to you in your plans for Aug FET.
Hi ur first kid was from a fresh or natural thaw cycle?

hi dear @queenie122009 I am going for my last shot. It is in these trying times that we realize our true selves... that mothers dont give up when there's the slightest of chance. This past 1 week is like a dream, as DH gave me his last ounce of support. We are doing this only two of us knowing. I dun dare to let the two mothers know this time...

Remember we have v similar experiences? Mayb we r abt to add one more.. Cycle buddy + BFP together.. :)
Yes, mothers / mothers-to-be never give up!! Jiayou, my dear..

Together with jas249, we ll fight it out..

I went for my bt a day earlier n confirmed im out of the game!!! :( Now juz look forward to my 2nd fresh..

Hi, dislike the news..
Hugz..

Indulge in the forbidden foods @ this moment, make urself happy & come back strong for ur 2nd fresh.. When wld tt b?

Take care!

sorry just need to vent my feelings here. Woke up to find out from FB post that a colleague's wife is 4 mths pregnant. Cried while in the shower & was disappointed with myself. Felt hurt badly & kinda regretted sharing my IVF journey with him. He must be thinking, here I am mourning about my BFN & there he was, with his own "accident". initially he told me that he didnt want to have kids yet as both are furthering their studies. but who knows, w/o even trying, they got pregnant!
im just disappointed with myself for not able to get pregnant & i feel soo sorry for my husband because i can see that he likes kids a lot. & everytime when we watched The return of Superman, i know he yearns for a son/daughter to have the same bonding as the dads in the show. :(:(:(
will be going for medicated FET next mth. so stress out right now.

sorry just need to vent my feelings here. Woke up to find out from FB post that a colleague's wife is 4 mths pregnant. Cried while in the shower & was disappointed with myself. Felt hurt badly & kinda regretted sharing my IVF journey with him. He must be thinking, here I am mourning about my BFN & there he was, with his own "accident". initially he told me that he didnt want to have kids yet as both are furthering their studies. but who knows, w/o even trying, they got pregnant!
im just disappointed with myself for not able to get pregnant & i feel soo sorry for my husband because i can see that he likes kids a lot. & everytime when we watched The return of Superman, i know he yearns for a son/daughter to have the same bonding as the dads in the show. :(:(:(
Hugs dear... all I can say is I have so many other frens who are similar... 'accidentally ' fall preggy without trying... is a real stab in the heart... and is hard to be happy for them. These are very real and human feelings. Acknowledge the feelings but at the same time, have faith that God also has something good in store for you.

Yes. Today is the last day for the stimulating jabs.

All you need is one good egg that sticks to have a baby. I had my baby only thru my second cycle too. Think happy thoughts!
@ lovetohavekids, thanks for being so positive and encouraging as well!! trying to relax and do whatever i can now...

Hugs dear.. i guess all of us here feel for u... i can understand that when everyone around you is getting pregnant like a snap of fingers.. can you imagine i have 4 pregnant cousins around me and all preggy bcos of the SG50.. like.. wow they can just get pregnant like that... y not me...?? i always burst out crying in the past whenever i heard a pregnancy news.
Now immune level goes up and i will look it as a blessing that pple doesnt have to go thru the same pain like me..
As like lovestohavekids say, we just need a healthy egg to stick.. be positive and jiayou!!

Any ladies know when can I start my FET after failed fresh cycle in june with kkh Dr THH? I am gg review in July around my menses start date. Can I start in July or have to wait for August cycle?

Last edited:
Hugs dear... all I can say is I have so many other frens who are similar... 'accidentally ' fall preggy without trying... is a real stab in the heart... and is hard to be happy for them. These are very real and human feelings. Acknowledge the feelings but at the same time, have faith that God also has something good in store for you.

ya, dont noe why i broke down today. this was the first pregnancy news after the BFN & because i just talked to my colleague, so i feel like a slap in the face.
i do have faith that something good will come, hence i didnt breakdown so much during the BFN. prolly all those feelings bottled up & today is the last straw. hence the breakdown... :(
its so comforting to know that amidst all of us here having our own problems, but we still rally our support to the rest of the ladies here. thanks dear.

@ lovetohavekids, thanks for being so positive and encouraging as well!! trying to relax and do whatever i can now...

Hugs dear.. i guess all of us here feel for u... i can understand that when everyone around you is getting pregnant like a snap of fingers.. can you imagine i have 4 pregnant cousins around me and all preggy bcos of the SG50.. like.. wow they can just get pregnant like that... y not me...?? i always burst out crying in the past whenever i heard a pregnancy news.
Now immune level goes up and i will look it as a blessing that pple doesnt have to go thru the same pain like me..
As like lovestohavekids say, we just need a healthy egg to stick.. be positive and jiayou!!

thanks dear. we fall, we stand up stronger than before!

Twinkle tot, most docs will advise 3 cycles of rest b4 starting fresh cycle again. I think it's best when your period returns to normal which indicates that your body is ready again. Then u go again.
Every individual is different, for me I took a few mths b4 my periods really return to normal. I hv funi cycles after ivf. They were mostly longer cycles with unpredictable ovulation. Of course, everyone is different. Some gals jump right back to a nomal cycle n some even become pregnant naturally the very nxt one.

It's best if u go when u feel that your periods are normal. It could very well b the nxt cycle if u monitor that ur ovulation time is normal, cycle length is normal and the period itself is normal. R u going on medicated or fresh? Cos if it's fresh u can hv 10 days into your period to decide. Cos u will see dr around the 10th day for a natural fet. If it's medicated, I would want to see how I fare in the entire cycle. Not just jump into medication on day 2 of that cycle and mess up hormones even more. The idea is to get rid of the previous synthetic hormones fr the previous cycle. Just to b sure. U must also feel ready emotionally. It's v impt.

My lining very stubborn lo. No growth at all. Continue with dosage plus patch now.
And I realise they say if go for ET it's only 2 days mc. They do not give HL for you to rest at home?
I thought I could have like 5 days to bed rest at least. :(

Hugz... Hey I just wanna put a thought in here..

Not everyone who say they don't want kids actually mean it lor.. They are many people who do not wanna let others know that they're struggling so may brush it off as "I don't want kids".. For all u know, they may be as desperate as us!

Eg 1: Got 1 colleague kept saying this for the past few yrs. She suddenly resigned recently & we later found out by chance that she adopted a baby gal after resignation.

Eg 2: Another colleague also said she never planned to have kids cos she & hubby prefer 二人世界, don't wanna be tied down. Recently, a mutual friend spotted her walking out of KKIVF!!

Eg 3: Me! All along I told others "If have then have lor" (I only told a selected few abt going IVF). So others assumed Hub & I loved traveling so much that we couldn't bear to give it up. I bet my friends & relatives (some I know trying for yrs) will also think that my pregnancy is an "accident" & envying away?

Morale of the story: I used to think that I'm the only one needing ivf. But u really never know cos most people keep mum abt their struggles. Yes we covet those "accidents" & "easy strikes" our friends had, but u really never know what they might have gone thru..

My lining very stubborn lo. No growth at all. Continue with dosage plus patch now.
And I realise they say if go for ET it's only 2 days mc. They do not give HL for you to rest at home?
I thought I could have like 5 days to bed rest at least. :(
It depends on individual hospitals' SOP. NUH gives 16days HL after ET even for FET. Try asking your dr for more days?

hi @aarlysa many sisters here feel you. Actually we are in a very fragile state and the news was simply the trigger. In fact, any preggie friend/relative or insensitive comment about infertility would have set a fragile person off. Try to overcome the disappointment by focusing on many positive things around you in life, eg your husband and your home that you have created, your family, your parents, your work, your health. Otherwise, we'll drive ourselves nuts. Do know that you are just in a vulnerable phase after the BFN and you will be happy again when your day comes :) Medicated FET takes a lot of work out of the natural body (folicle size and ovulation). To maximize your chances, you should nurse yourself well - think positive and get the body warm and ready. All the best.

I failed my recent Apr FET and was lost till my DH gave me the go-ahead to make last attempt with the last frozen eggs. Hope is a scary thing. I'm living on hope now and hopefully, I wont come crashing down.

hi @j_snow I've gotten 3 days HL from KKH for FET and 17 days HL from KKH for fresh.
I usually use up the 3 days HL for FET but never 17 days HL for fresh as I couldnt stay in bed for so long.
There is no physical downtime for FET but a lot of emotional stress. So I prefer to be back at work where time passes faster :)

All the best for your FET. How do they time the ET?

KKH like very stingy with HL and mc.
Will definitely try but I thought if I do go for ET I can advise my boss how many days HL I will be on.

hi @j_snow I've gotten 3 days HL from KKH for FET and 17 days HL from KKH for fresh.
I usually use up the 3 days HL for FET but never 17 days HL for fresh as I couldnt stay in bed for so long.
There is no physical downtime for FET but a lot of emotional stress. So I prefer to be back at work where time passes faster :)

All the best for your FET. How do they time the ET?
Thanks bunnymuimui, I'm giving the final try. However they say if it's below 8mm they will let me decide if I still want to go ahead with the ET or abort.

For me work will mean a lot of walking up and down so I prefer as much HL as possible to rest at home. 3 days only a bit little including the ET day

Hi @jas249 , Dont give up hope. It will definitely be a success the next time.

Anyway, just wanted to update that i have went for my BT and i am officially 4 weeks pregnant!! My bleeding has stopped for now which i am glad and so hopefully things will go well from here onwards.

Spreading baby dust to you and to all the rest that are going through ER & ET! =)

Sorry to hear and big hugs.

It's not easy and IVF is not a sure game. To be honest, to answer the qn what was wrong, i believe only God know. If you ask yr doc, some more open docs will tell you the same. Some will tell you embryo didnt make it, some will tell you embryo poor quality. In reality, once after ET, no one know what happened inside.

Take care & dont be so hard on yrseld. You sound like this is yr 1st attempt? Any frozen embryos?

Yes. Ivf is not easy. A lot unexpected results will happen. Haiz.. I'm still struggling with my roller coaster emotions. I once said dun compare with others but I can't help it. My colleague older than me 1 year (41) and married for less than 2 yrs and now got pregnant naturally. Her tummy is growing bigger and bigger and i hate to see her cos it will remind me of my inability to conceive. I told my husband of my imbalance mentality but sometimes i jus could not control it. Sometimes the feelings of bottling inside me is so much that makes me think it will be good if I dun need to come to work and face "these" women. But I think if I dun work, I can't sleep at nite cos mind ain't tired enough to fall asleep. I might have insomnia and make it worse.

I tried talking to God and i dun feel any better. Feel like surrendering.

Sorry for all the ranting. This the only place I can truely pour my heart out.

Last edited:

Anyway, just wanted to update that i have went for my BT and i am officially 4 weeks pregnant!! My bleeding has stopped for now which i am glad and so hopefully things will go well from here onwards.

Spreading baby dust to you and to all the rest that are going through ER & ET! =)
Hi Feenix, congratulations!! We have created a whatsapp group for bfp may/June and Already invited you to our group. You may join us if you like. :)

Hugz... Hey I just wanna put a thought in here..

Not everyone who say they don't want kids actually mean it lor.. They are many people who do not wanna let others know that they're struggling so may brush it off as "I don't want kids".. For all u know, they may be as desperate as us!

Eg 1: Got 1 colleague kept saying this for the past few yrs. She suddenly resigned recently & we later found out by chance that she adopted a baby gal after resignation.

Eg 2: Another colleague also said she never planned to have kids cos she & hubby prefer 二人世界, don't wanna be tied down. Recently, a mutual friend spotted her walking out of KKIVF!!

Eg 3: Me! All along I told others "If have then have lor" (I only told a selected few abt going IVF). So others assumed Hub & I loved traveling so much that we couldn't bear to give it up. I bet my friends & relatives (some I know trying for yrs) will also think that my pregnancy is an "accident" & envying away?

Morale of the story: I used to think that I'm the only one needing ivf. But u really never know cos most people keep mum abt their struggles. Yes we covet those "accidents" & "easy strikes" our friends had, but u really never know what they might have gone thru..

But this colleague of mine was just recently married. so i believe they got lucky.
Nevertheless, I get what you mean. everyone of us have our own ups & downs & nobody (spouse included) know our true feelings other than ourself.

That's why there is this saying, "be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle".

Thanks for the reminder!

hi @aarlysa many sisters here feel you. Actually we are in a very fragile state and the news was simply the trigger. In fact, any preggie friend/relative or insensitive comment about infertility would have set a fragile person off. Try to overcome the disappointment by focusing on many positive things around you in life, eg your husband and your home that you have created, your family, your parents, your work, your health. Otherwise, we'll drive ourselves nuts. Do know that you are just in a vulnerable phase after the BFN and you will be happy again when your day comes :) Medicated FET takes a lot of work out of the natural body (folicle size and ovulation). To maximize your chances, you should nurse yourself well - think positive and get the body warm and ready. All the best.

I failed my recent Apr FET and was lost till my DH gave me the go-ahead to make last attempt with the last frozen eggs. Hope is a scary thing. I'm living on hope now and hopefully, I wont come crashing down.

Hugs! Hope is the only thing we have right now. I admire you for your strength! i guess, we need to continue fighting whatever the outcome is. & trust that it'll be our turn soon if its meant to be. :)

Hi ladies, I'm going for my ET tomorrow. Really hope it'll be successful. I wonder if the embryos are growing well.

I've come to realise that no one can truly understand the ivf journey of pain and emotional roller coaster other than those who have gone thru it. On surface I may seem ok at work, but who wld have known I need to jab myself 3 times every morning. Or why we need to go hospital ever so frequently?

This is my 2nd fresh and like everyone, I'm hoping for the best. Everyone is very strong here to embark on this journey. Have faith and never give up hope! :)

Congras Feenix!! *grabbing your bb dusts* So happy for you...at this moment, rest well and eat well... jiayou!
Can share what you did... heehee... did you rest the whole 2 weeks??

Hi ladies, I'm going for my ET tomorrow. Really hope it'll be successful. I wonder if the embryos are growing well.

I've come to realise that no one can truly understand the ivf journey of pain and emotional roller coaster other than those who have gone thru it. On surface I may seem ok at work, but who wld have known I need to jab myself 3 times every morning. Or why we need to go hospital ever so frequently?

This is my 2nd fresh and like everyone, I'm hoping for the best. Everyone is very strong here to embark on this journey. Have faith and never give up hope! :)
Hi ribbonz, jiayou!! all the best... im going for my ER on thursday.. lets pray hard that all the sisters have good news for this & following months!! woooohooo!!! got abit high on freenix news... lols..

This my day 2 after ET fresh with d3 embryo.
Do I really need to rest or can do the usual housework without carry heavy stuff.
Feel very bored at home if need to bed rest.
Is it okay that in the 2ww, I will not feel any difference to my body?

Hi all, i have been reading quietly in this thread for the past 6 mths while i get over the pain from my last attempt. I dont even know it is a failed fet or an m/c, since i didnt get to the stage to hear any heartbeat.

Anyway, i think i am ready to start again but to get an appointment to see the doctor is so far away. Nearest date they can give me is in July.

I probably need to try to recall what to take to prepare for it. :)

This my day 2 after ET fresh with d3 embryo.
Do I really need to rest or can do the usual housework without carry heavy stuff.
Feel very bored at home if need to bed rest.
Is it okay that in the 2ww, I will not feel any difference to my body?
Hi teddy75, i can understand the boredom... i think still ok to move abit bah.. not really stick yourself in the bed but maybe the gals here can advise you better...Are you on 2 weeks HL? will u be taking full 2 weeks??

Hi all, i have been reading quietly in this thread for the past 6 mths while i get over the pain from my last attempt. I dont even know it is a failed fet or an m/c, since i didnt get to the stage to hear any heartbeat.

Anyway, i think i am ready to start again but to get an appointment to see the doctor is so far away. Nearest date they can give me is in July.

I probably need to try to recall what to take to prepare for it. :)
Whmc,jiayou :)

Hi ladies... my trigger shot is at 930pm but nobody calling for me.. i already ask the nurse.. she jus ask me to wait le... say the room pple will call my name.. isit normal to be late for trigger shot?? :(

Hi all, I just had my 1st scan today. No doc review, don't know why, but nurse said everything is good to start IVF cycle. Tmr I will start self injection. Hmm.. I wonder how long I would take to do self inject.. Did anyone here went to seek help from clinic doc? If yes, mind to share how much is the cost?

Back