IVF/ICSI Support Group

Sianz... Cannot start my IVF despite AF came....Given injections to deal with ONE existing cyst!!! :( .. Need to be back for review on the coming Tuesday to see how the status then. If still there and getting bigger, my whole cycle needs to be A.B.O.R.T... Why like that... Been waiting to start... But it seems that I haven start .. I need to wait till next cycle.. Really.....really.... Don know what to say...

Just keep my fingers crossed... Till next Tuesday lo.. What to do...

Sorry ladies, just wanted to vent out... Sigh !!!!!!
What kind of cyst is that?
Previous round I was found to have a 2.5cm endom cyst & was told to proceed.

I'm also with him but only cycling earliest may. Are u on the protocol where u eat NE starting cd 18?
Hello Chloe,
Nice to know that you are with Prof Wong.
Yes, i am on Nore short protocol.
I was lucky that my first appointment with Prof Wong is my day 1 of menses,
hence i did all the test and scan required and started the Nore on Day 18.

Today is my second injections, so far went well and i just feel a bit tired.

All the best and have a smoooth journey start in May :)

Hi, I have just given birth to a boy and have the following to let go at a very small token. By mail. Photo & Video will be taken to show proof of mailing.

BLACKMORES CONCEIVE WELL- 9 days expiring end Mar2015

4 strips of FOLIC ACID- expiring end Jun2017

4 strips of Vitamin B Complex - expiring end Oct2015

Loadful of baby dust...

Pls PM me for details. Hope u all can have babies soon! :)

Pamanack, congratulations to your new bundle of joy.
Thanks for sharing and letting go the goodie, i am good at the moment.
Yeah, we need loadful of baby dust here......thanks :)

Sianz... Cannot start my IVF despite AF came....Given injections to deal with ONE existing cyst!!! :( .. Need to be back for review on the coming Tuesday to see how the status then. If still there and getting bigger, my whole cycle needs to be A.B.O.R.T... Why like that... Been waiting to start... But it seems that I haven start .. I need to wait till next cycle.. Really.....really.... Don know what to say...

Stay positive and look at the bright side.
If removal of cyst then start the IVF cycle, i believe its better for the baby.
A friend of mine also delay the cycle due to removal of cyst,
she went for an operations and rest for one month, then follow through the check ups,
and she is in good progress.
Jia you jia you jia you +ve +ve +ve

Hello beautiful ladies, i am new to this group. First time attempting IVF with Prof PC Wong, NUH.

I am on short protocol, and started my first jabs yesterday.
I am not sure if anyone started 2 jabs from start, i have morning jab (Pergoveris) and night jab (Gonal-f).
After reading some information, i think most people started with only one jab.
Could be due to my age, thats why i am diff from others.
I am very comfortable with Prof and trusted him, just curious if anyone started short protocol like me,
and can share more information with me along the way.

Have a great Saturday to all :)

Hi Makie,
I was with Prof Wong last cycle. I also started with 2 jabs from day 1. Few days later he will add another 1.
I think with 2 jabs initially was to have better stimulation.
Not to worry too much. Just give him the trust.

Hi Makie,
I was with Prof Wong last cycle. I also started with 2 jabs from day 1. Few days later he will add another 1.
I think with 2 jabs initially was to have better stimulation.
Not to worry too much. Just give him the trust.

Hello Jo-Ann,
Glad to hear that and thanks for the encouragement.
Yes, i am very comfortable and trust Prof Wong very much.
I have accepted all his suggestions and follow his instruction so far.

I have started the jabs for second day, will it too late to visit TCM now?
Heard about the acupuncture will help in IVF cycle, but i am not very sure.
I am staying in North, hope to visit the TCM which is nearby,
i saw a post to recommend Dr Su Chun Lin (Bukit Batok), any comment and recommendation will be helpful, thanks

Sorry for sounding like a noob but why can last min say cannot proceed? I tot cyst this kinda thing shud have detected beforehand
Hi! Cyst can develop at anytime doc will only see it if they scan. Cyst will secret hormones which will interfere with the ivf cycle so normally docs will advise to get rid of the cyst first.

Sorry to hear that! I know how tough it is to hear that a cycle may be cancelled. Ivf is just like that, one minute everything is smooth sailing next thing bam! My cycle was cancelled suddenly cos ohss, then next cycle nearly cancelled cos eggs not growing consistently. Its hard to wait but if the cyst inteferes with the cycle then the end result is no good...really sian to accept but sometimes its for the greater good. Jia you.

i saw a post to recommend Dr Su Chun Lin (Bukit Batok), any comment and recommendation will be helpful, thanks
Dr Su doesn't do acu I think

Ive been seeing Dr Su for 6 mths..she is very friendly.med is powedered form- 2xs a day..her hubby does acu n ive done it from him before my iui..

hi ladies, need some advice on bloating.. i've been feeling bloatedness after meals since Friday.. n its quite uncomfortable.. not to mention i look like 3/4mths preggie.. is this normal?

Any advice on how to help with it?

Last edited:
hi ladies, need some advice on bloating.. i've been feeling bloatedness after meals since Friday.. n its quite uncomfortable.. not to mention i look like 3/4mths preggie.. is this normal?

Drink ginger tea with longan? I had that. It helps

When was your ER? Try homemade ginger tea or pure peppermint. But if it gets worse or doesnt subside in a day or 2, call your clinic to watch for OHSS. If you find you absolutely cannot tahan or v breathless, call them asap.

If you are on support meds like pregnyl, sometimes it will cause a few days of bloating. Also, try to stay on a regular bowel movement as constipation will make it worse.

When was your ER? Try homemade ginger tea or pure peppermint. But if it gets worse or doesnt subside in a day or 2, call your clinic to watch for OHSS. If you find you absolutely cannot tahan or v breathless, call them asap.

If you are on support meds like pregnyl, sometimes it will cause a few days of bloating. Also, try to stay on a regular bowel movement as constipation will make it worse.
ER was on 4th, more than a week ago so shldnt b OHSS?

Hm.. i'm on utrogestan inserts only.. will that cause bloating too?

thks for advice! before ivf cycle bowel movements already not ideal.. now lagi worse..

OHSS can still strike so pls be careful & err on the kiasu side. But early pregnancy also causes bloating :)

Utro shldnt hv that much effect but you never know as progesterone is known to cause bloatedness as the body adjust. try the teas and see if it relieves.

OHSS can still strike so pls be careful & err on the kiasu side. But early pregnancy also causes bloating :)

Utro shldnt hv that much effect but you never know as progesterone is known to cause bloatedness as the body adjust. try the teas and see if it relieves.
thks ron!! i'll monitor tml n c how.. if worse i'll head to kkh o&g

ER was on 4th, more than a week ago so shldnt b OHSS?

Hm.. i'm on utrogestan inserts only.. will that cause bloating too?

thks for advice! before ivf cycle bowel movements already not ideal.. now lagi worse..

Hello Lazybee85

Is been 10 days. I am also having bad bloating. And at night I have to sleep with 2 pillows if not indeed I do feel breathless or even heart burn.

I am on so-iui but my dose was high and have injections for nearly 30 days due to high resistances as a result of pcos.

I drink ginger but it didn't help much too.

Hello Lazybee85

Is been 10 days. I am also having bad bloating. And at night I have to sleep with 2 pillows if not indeed I do feel breathless or even heart burn.

I am on so-iui but my dose was high and have injections for nearly 30 days due to high resistances as a result of pcos.

I drink ginger but it didn't help much too.
Emma, pls tk care too!! sorry to ask but did u put on weight? my bloating made me gain like 2kg over 3days? :eek:

does soiui haf risk of OHSS?just terrified of OHSS..

Lazybee85, emma1032. I experienced bloating and breathless and even vomited once in the nite. I drink more water but slowing and eat small meals 4 to 5 times a day. First few days have warm water, cracker oatmeal and fish soup. I get much better after 7th day. Hope this may help.
May I know how many eggs were collected?

I also try to walk around the house slowly as I feel terrible when I rest too much especially the breathless experience when I am getting up the bed. Please monitor yourself, if worsen better go see doc.

Dear sisters,

I need some advice. I have started my lucrin jabs (3rd IVF, on long cycle) and predicted to start my stims next tue.

However, I have been having on and off cough and sore throat since the beginning of feb, before I started lucrin. ( tot I will recover since it was 3-4 weeks away from stim, but I was wrong) my DH is also having cough and sore throat (worse than me)

Any idea of this will affect egg and sperm quality? To continue or not? Feeling lost....

We tried many things to prevent our cough from getting worse.... I ate 2 rounds of antibiotics, saw doc 3 times, took tcm meds, take honey lemon, lozenges, vit C ... Nothing seem to work...

Lazybee85, emma1032. I experienced bloating and breathless and even vomited once in the nite. I drink more water but slowing and eat small meals 4 to 5 times a day. First few days have warm water, cracker oatmeal and fish soup. I get much better after 7th day. Hope this may help.
May I know how many eggs were collected?
oh my.. urs sounds worse.. i realised my bloating gets worse after meals.. so i'm cutting down on meals.. n drinking 100plus plus protein rich food.. hopefully it will help.. i'm 13days after ER n collected 6...

so u took 7days to feeling better? ahhh.. means my CNY will b spent feeling bloated..

oh my.. urs sounds worse.. i realised my bloating gets worse after meals.. so i'm cutting down on meals.. n drinking 100plus plus protein rich food.. hopefully it will help.. i'm 13days after ER n collected 6...

so u took 7days to feeling better? ahhh.. means my CNY will b spent feeling bloated..
Yes, was advise protein rich food. Heard the nurse said if after 1 week still feel bloat, also a positive sign lei. I was given medicine for OHSS too.

Lazybee85, I have over 30 eggs , potential OHSS and was worried my ET will be cancelled, lucky blood test show I am fine thus Dr proceed ET for me. I have 4 transfer 2 and and 3 under observation. Until now cannot feel any positive sign.

Thanks autumn_08 and ron8129.

Autumn_08, what medication were you given for bloat? I have many small follicles as a result of pcos.

Lazybee85 I do put on some weight near 2kg. Today is 11th day. I read from somewhere eating egg helps. I do eat two a day and hard boil. Jus at night during sleeping time is unbearable at times.

Last edited:
Hello Obese + with PCOS is the chance lower?

Hello ahling 07. I am pcos and obese too. Don't think it will lower chance but we may need higher dose of injection if on iui or so-iui to make the body react but different people different too. Some obese yet light medication does work. How about checking it with your doctor and see what they say.

Yes, was advise protein rich food. Heard the nurse said if after 1 week still feel bloat, also a positive sign lei. I was given medicine for OHSS too.
yup, i called Kkivf just now.. Tts Wat e nurse said.. but dun dare put my hopes up.. so just monitor n wait til BT..
r u with Kk or?

Lazybee85, I have over 30 eggs , potential OHSS and was worried my ET will be cancelled, lucky blood test show I am fine thus Dr proceed ET for me. I have 4 transfer 2 and and 3 under observation. Until now cannot feel any positive sign.
wow!! Tts a lot retrieved!! but gd tt u proceeded to e ET stage.. :) Gd luck to u in ur tww too!!

Autumn_08, what medication were you given for bloat? I have many small follicles as a result of pcos.

Lazybee85 I do put on some weight near 2kg. Today is 11th day. I read from somewhere eating egg helps. I do eat two a day and hard boil. Jus at night during sleeping time is unbearable at times.
Emma, i'm 10days past.. Jus boiled 4eggs, hope it will help..

hope ur bloating improves! :)

Autumn_08, what medication were you given for bloat? I have many small follicles as a result of pcos. Dostinex for 8 days

Over 30!!! That's crazy many. Hope all u ladies suffering ohss feel better soon. I also super fear ohss.

Hello ahling 07. I am pcos and obese too. Don't think it will lower chance but we may need higher dose of injection if on iui or so-iui to make the body react but different people different too. Some obese yet light medication does work. How about checking it with your doctor and see what they say.

Thank for the advice, I will go check it out soon

Hi hi- just wondering, is it a must to do IUI before IVF? I'm with NUH for about 1 year, so far all the oral medication for ovulation (clomid and tamoxifen) isn't successful.. Such that I can't even do the IUI :(
Next step likely use FSH injections, I'm thinking of doing IVF straight away since I'm already doing the injections. But I know most doctors won't recommend ivf straight away.. Hence wanted to ask you all on your experience. I'm 33 this year and hubs is 36.

It is not a pre-requisite to do IUI first before doing IVF. I went straight into IVF, though failed at the last cycle. I did my IVF under TMC. I told the Dr at 1st appointment that I did not want so many procedure. Also, I told him since the success rate for IUI is lower than IVF, I just want to go into IVF straight, even when it meant more pain.

We tried many things to prevent our cough from getting worse.... I ate 2 rounds of antibiotics, saw doc 3 times, took tcm meds, take honey lemon, lozenges, vit C ... Nothing seem to work...
Perhaps you can try Manuka honey. No water . Just a teaspoon .. Consume or swallow slowly .. Just like having sweet.

Back