IVF/ICSI Support Group

Girls can I ask u all for an opinion
I'm planning to do ivf in aprik. Have abstained from drinking since Jan.if I drink one glass of alcohol today,do u all think will affect ?
As long as u r not cycling now, 1 glass shld be ok lah..

Hi hi- just wondering, is it a must to do IUI before IVF? I'm with NUH for about 1 year, so far all the oral medication for ovulation (clomid and tamoxifen) isn't successful.. Such that I can't even do the IUI :(
Next step likely use FSH injections, I'm thinking of doing IVF straight away since I'm already doing the injections. But I know most doctors won't recommend ivf straight away.. Hence wanted to ask you all on your experience. I'm 33 this year and hubs is 36.
Hi Janch, I skipped iui. I did do the clomid tho. I think that's a step that you can't skip, at least according to my doc at kkh. I'm now on ivf 2ww. If can go straight to ivf, then it's better.

Hi sisters

Not sure anyone remembers me as I wasn't too active and just back to this thread after a long hiatus

Am finally getting somewhere with our ivf. Going for briefing next mth n starting our first cycle in April. any sisters cycling in April too? Hope can find cycle buddies

Was told I would be put on short protocol. My doc wrote P.400, can I assume he's referring to puregon 400? Seems like very high dosage to me... Just turned 39 and hv moderate low AMH (1.1), not sure if that's why? Any sisters had such high dosage previously?
Hi dramaqueenie, I had puregon 400 too. I had like 3 injections to do a day. Maybe it's to make sure your follicles and lining does grow to the required size. Waiting for the follicles to grow and the countless scanning was quite annoying. Just when I thought it was enough, they got me more hormones to inject. And scan and inject. Until they were at least 14 in size.
good luck to you in April!

Hi all.. have been away for a while... In fact I had a bfp last week during BT. Initially did not want to jinx it by announcing even on the forum and wait until my first appt to see doc next tue. But since mon, I have been spotting and today fresh blood. Managed to see Dr Tan today and he gave me progesterone jab. & my embryo is in middle of womb which is not so ideal. Worst was on wed I went to o&g, doc on duty could see yolk sac but today there is no yolk sac.

& there is nothing I can do now but rest & hope for the best. Just hope the sac don't end up miscarriage. Sianz..

Sorry for the negativity and lousy news in this festive season.
Hopeful, sorry to hear about the uncertainty but hey there's always hope. I love your username. Hugs and lots of luck

Hi sisters

Not sure anyone remembers me as I wasn't too active and just back to this thread after a long hiatus

Am finally getting somewhere with our ivf. Going for briefing next mth n starting our first cycle in April. any sisters cycling in April too? Hope can find cycle buddies

Was told I would be put on short protocol. My doc wrote P.400, can I assume he's referring to puregon 400? Seems like very high dosage to me... Just turned 39 and hv moderate low AMH (1.1), not sure if that's why? Any sisters had such high dosage previously?
I also had 400 puregon, also on short protocol. I had low ovarian reserve, don't know if that's the reason for the high dosage. But I didn't respond well to the stimm and didn't have much eggs retrieved. Hopefully will work better for you.

I'm planning to do ivf in aprik. Have abstained from drinking since Jan.if I drink one glass of alcohol today,do u all think will affect ?
Ok one lah ;) "can sneak one in for valentines also ok.

Hi all.. have been away for a while... In fact I had a bfp last week during BT. Initially did not want to jinx it by announcing even on the forum and wait until my first appt to see doc next tue. But since mon, I have been spotting and today fresh blood. Managed to see Dr Tan today and he gave me progesterone jab. & my embryo is in middle of womb which is not so ideal. Worst was on wed I went to o&g, doc on duty could see yolk sac but today there is no yolk sac.

& there is nothing I can do now but rest & hope for the best. Just hope the sac don't end up miscarriage. Sianz..

Hugs babe.jia u Jia u

Hi sisters

Hi dramaqueenie, I'm cycling in April too! Will be my 2nd fresh one. Where are you doing urs? I'm also on short protocol....my last puregon was only 250? I'm sure the doctor advised on the dosage based on past history and etc. I can't wait for April to come. Though i'm quite scared to fail again coz the last time I didnt even manage to do ET, let alone freeze any. I'll be lucky if there's even 2 good ones for fresh transfer in April. haiz...can only pray and hope for the best.

Hi

hi hopeful 13,

Hang it there..... Don't give up till Gynae final declare. You will never know...
Jia you!

I'm at private gynae clinic waiting to see the gynae, to ask for IUI option. They asked me to come at 4.20 pm to register, and my appointment was 4.30 pm. I am still waiting for my turn to see the gynae, close to 1.5 hours waiting time. Damn bad their service. I could have come after my work without taking time off. They made me wait for 1.5 hours. If not for this gynae specialized fertility treatment, I won't come here.

Hihi Januch

I was with nuh for pcos nearly 15 years but choose to go kkh to do fertility programme this year due to proximity. Both hospital uses iui as first approach. Cos I check both side. In nuh is called iui and kkh is so-iui. Both nearly the same except in kkh iui started with clomid before injection while nuh didn't differentiate btw the two.

-I think iui will need to test dose (a bit at a time till your body responded) jus to avoid over stimulation. While ivf will start at high dose.
- I think most importantly is you can check with doctor if iui u can continue following the next cycle. For ivf is u need a short break of maybe 2 to 3 months. so ivf may take overall longer time btw cycle.
Thanks for your advice. And Sueism's too.

Did you have to say a lot to convince the doctor to let you do IVF without IUI?

Am at a loss what to do too. All I know is that I feel oral medication is a waste of time with no results so far. Sigh.

Congrats and hope everything goes well

Am at a loss what to do too. All I know is that I feel oral medication is a waste of time with no results so far. Sigh.
I really didn't have to beg to jump to ivf. My doc asked if we wanted to do iui after the clomid failed. I said nah let's go straight to ivf. He said ok heh so yea I don't think it's a problem to jump to ivf.
Are you at kkh too or somewhere else?

Moinie, lots of hugs and sorry to hear about this. Ivf is a tough journey isn't it, so much uncertainty.

maybe you wd still want to continue your progesterone support, bcos I've read that some ladies who bleed went on to hv bfp. actually i felt silly doing the progesterone when i started bleeding during my last cycle, but better be safe, since there's still chance till the bt.
Went for my BT today, as expected..NEGATIVE. Cried myself to sleep last night.
Heart broken to the max..I can feel it crashing on the ground. Lost my words when KK called me on the result. I kept myself busy with housechores today so that I don't think of it but the moment I saw the blood, my tears just flowed. I want to dig a hole and hide myself in it. Feeling so lost..

Hihi Januch

I was with nuh for pcos nearly 15 years but choose to go kkh to do fertility programme this year due to proximity. Both hospital uses iui as first approach. Cos I check both side. In nuh is called iui and kkh is so-iui. Both nearly the same except in kkh iui started with clomid before injection while nuh didn't differentiate btw the two.

-I think iui will need to test dose (a bit at a time till your body responded) jus to avoid over stimulation. While ivf will start at high dose.
- I think most importantly is you can check with doctor if iui u can continue following the next cycle. For ivf is u need a short break of maybe 2 to 3 months. so ivf may take overall longer time btw cycle.

Heart broken to the max..I can feel it crashing on the ground. Lost my words when KK called me on the result. I kept myself busy with housechores today so that I don't think of it but the moment I saw the blood, my tears just flowed. I want to dig a hole and hide myself in it. Feeling so lost..

Hugs!!

I can totally feel u. This feeling is the lousiest, cos so near yet so far. But I believe things happen for a reason and will happen at the right time.

Stay hopeful!

Moinie, good to vent out your emotions, hugs ..take good care...

Rest well, take care

Oh Moinie. I'm so sorry. That sucks so bad! Argh.

Hugs xoxo

jiayou moinie, hugsss

One glass of wine is ok lah I think...easy to digest by ur body also..I only stop drinking once I started the cycle.

Hi Hopeful, I think all the sisters here feel you and understand what you're going through. Be strong and positive it's still hope.

If you need someone to talk to pls pm me we can exchange numbers.

Hugs take care

Hi moinie, it's ok to cry I cried myself to sleep after my last failed ivf and worse I was all alone as hubby was out station. You are not alone so many sisters here for you.

Think most impt is rest well and maybe do a little confinement to get your health back after all the medications.
You are a strong woman so is everyone here who go through so much just to have a healthy baby.

Hugs

*hugs babe* Don't give up! Someone (who been thru IVF many times) told me IVF is about perseverance. it's so true…coz we are left heart-broken and crushed and yet have to pick ourselves up again and move on. I didn't tear for a couple of days after the bad news..and one day when i went jogging alone listening to some music, i totally cried myself out. hugs and take care!

Hi dramaqueenie, I'm cycling in April too! Will be my 2nd fresh one. Where are you doing urs? I'm also on short protocol....my last puregon was only 250? I'm sure the doctor advised on the dosage based on past history and etc. I can't wait for April to come. Though i'm quite scared to fail again coz the last time I didnt even manage to do ET, let alone freeze any. I'll be lucky if there's even 2 good ones for fresh transfer in April. haiz...can only pray and hope for the best.

@dramaqueenie @ribbonz *wave*
I am cycling in Apr too. Attending the briefing in mid Mar too. Am also on short protocol and Dr will be giving me 185 puregon. This is also my 3rd fresh. If no luck with this round, think my wallet will bleed if i were to continue trying.

Just watch tv 欢乐满屋,the couple pop baby for 3 consecutive year. Was thinking why so easy f others but why so diff for us? I just hope which ever God dun let us wait long. Let this goat year be a yr of positive BFP +++++++ all the way! Plus plus year for all of us! Let us all have a cute little goat bb!huat Ah!!!

Hi janch15, I think you should discuss your concerns with the doc. Esp if you are not satisfied with the outcome. Don't worry abt trying too hard to convince the doc. The lack of results shld be a good indication to re-evaluate the treatment. No one shld force you to continue the treatment just because it's the hosp protocol or what. All the best!

Hello Moinie, never give up. My friend cried everytime when she received a negative result but she never give up, and she has recently gave birth to a beautiful girl. She named her Faith. As long as we have faith and never give up, we shall move on and continue trying. All the best and jia you together :)

Hello beautiful ladies, i am new to this group. First time attempting IVF with Prof PC Wong, NUH.

I am on short protocol, and started my first jabs yesterday.
I am not sure if anyone started 2 jabs from start, i have morning jab (Pergoveris) and night jab (Gonal-f).
After reading some information, i think most people started with only one jab.
Could be due to my age, thats why i am diff from others.
I am very comfortable with Prof and trusted him, just curious if anyone started short protocol like me,
and can share more information with me along the way.

Have a great Saturday to all :)

Just watch tv 欢乐满屋,the couple pop baby for 3 consecutive year. Was thinking why so easy f others but why so diff for us? I just hope which ever God dun let us wait long. Let this goat year be a yr of positive BFP +++++++ all the way! Plus plus year for all of us! Let us all have a cute little goat bb!huat Ah!!!
Laoshi, i watched the show with hubby and get influence by the happiness of the show. Lets work hard and pray that many of us have a cute little goat! Jia you!!

Hi ladies, may I check any ladies continue taking COQ10, egg whites b4 gg for FET?

Appreciate if anyone can share with me how FET procedure like.

I had just gotten BFN for my 1st fresh IVF and am planning for my FET now. I am with KKIVF.

Congrats to all the ladies with BFP and for ladies with BFN, let's jia you together. As long as we have faith, we will graduate one day.

TIA

Hello beautiful ladies, i am new to this group. First time attempting IVF with Prof PC Wong, NUH.

I am on short protocol, and started my first jabs yesterday.
I am not sure if anyone started 2 jabs from start, i have morning jab (Pergoveris) and night jab (Gonal-f).
After reading some information, i think most people started with only one jab.
Could be due to my age, thats why i am diff from others.
I am very comfortable with Prof and trusted him, just curious if anyone started short protocol like me,
and can share more information with me along the way.

Have a great Saturday to all :)
I'm also with him but only cycling earliest may. Are u on the protocol where u eat NE starting cd 18?

Well spotting appeared yesterday on day 12 and has continued since. Pretty upset at first but trying to be optimistic and wait till BT next Tuesday. Argh why why why...

Sianz... Cannot start my IVF despite AF came....Given injections to deal with ONE existing cyst!!! :( .. Need to be back for review on the coming Tuesday to see how the status then. If still there and getting bigger, my whole cycle needs to be A.B.O.R.T... Why like that... Been waiting to start... But it seems that I haven start .. I need to wait till next cycle.. Really.....really.... Don know what to say...

Just keep my fingers crossed... Till next Tuesday lo.. What to do...

Sorry ladies, just wanted to vent out... Sigh !!!!!!

Sianz... Cannot start my IVF despite AF came....Given injections to deal with ONE existing cyst!!! :( .. Need to be back for review on the coming Tuesday to see how the status then. If still there and getting bigger, my whole cycle needs to be A.B.O.R.T... Why like that... Been waiting to start... But it seems that I haven start .. I need to wait till next cycle.. Really.....really.... Don know what to say...

Just keep my fingers crossed... Till next Tuesday lo.. What to do...

Sorry ladies, just wanted to vent out... Sigh !!!!!!
Chubby1314, big hugsssss to u..hope ur review is ok n can proceed wif the cycle...jia you!!!

Back