IVF/ICSI Support Group

Chuckles,yes i was very shocked! Today i call n ask n was told this. i still have frozen sperms at sincere. Thinking of going back to him if i do not meet kkh minmum sperm crateria for frozen sperm for icsi= Meaning cant do ivf at kkh if so. Haiz. Want to enjoy govt funding if can but seems not tt easy for us.
Ellesie,so yrs is done by e new embrologist?
Connie, the freezing is still performed by Dr Liaw but the thawing is done by the new embryologist.

Hi ladies. .with a heavy heart im making my way to work now. Its a BFN for me from my BT last fri. Needed e wkend to sort out my thots and frustrations. Though I had this slight feeling its might not work out too coz after a wk..I felt too gd to b true..I resisted POAS but on my BT day, I simply took my BBT just to chk..it wasnt exactly high so I was kinda prepared BUT still hoping. ...

I just dont understand why.. my embryo report said e eggs and sperms are gd..shldnt b a problem. But then again I knew my lining is always a problem and I cannot hold pregancies, with my history of 2 m/c and 1 chem preg frm SOIUI.

Now I can only plan for a hols which my hubby has been wanting to go and actually had asked me to postpone my IVF till next yr coz we r celebrating our 7th wedding anni. Looks like my next cycle will b next june due to e nature of my work. I still have 13 frozen embbies..

All the best to the rest of u!!

Hugs.. IVF is never an easy journey. Take some time off from ttc and then when we pick up, we will be stronger than before. Jiayou!!!

It's confuscing...sinseh say can take but up to u. Thn hospital say stop. Dunno who shld I listen

IMHO.. The moment I start cycle I will stop. Cuz we are already injecting a lot of hormones. N honestly, we won't know how the TCM will affect the hormone levels. Not sure who is ur Sinseh, but the one I go to told me not to. Cut there is a TCM board. Apparently some Sinsehs encouraged IVF patients to take TCM during cycling n end up thr was some screw ups. Doctors complained abt the Sinseh n Sinseh was under investigation cux they be been told that no medicine shd b given during cycling.. Anyway this is wat he says lah..

Anyone has this problem? When I first starting inserting utrogestan, it's very easy to insert.
But these 2 days, it has been increasingly difficult to insert in. Even my Hubby says the sane when he tried to help me

IMHO.. The moment I start cycle I will stop. Cuz we are already injecting a lot of hormones. N honestly, we won't know how the TCM will affect the hormone levels. Not sure who is ur Sinseh, but the one I go to told me not to. Cut there is a TCM board. Apparently some Sinsehs encouraged IVF patients to take TCM during cycling n end up thr was some screw ups. Doctors complained abt the Sinseh n Sinseh was under investigation cux they be been told that no medicine shd b given during cycling.. Anyway this is wat he says lah..
Thanks for the advice. Ya I guess I will stop the medicine n juz do accupunture. Better play safe

Anyone has this problem? When I first starting inserting utrogestan, it's very easy to insert.
But these 2 days, it has been increasingly difficult to insert in. Even my Hubby says the sane when he tried to help me
This is normal. Becos yr 'inside' is very full afyer insertion for so many days. It gets more difficult towards e last few days. Try to squueze it in gently

Can anyone advise, can we travel overseas during FET 2ww?
My gynae strictly prohibits us to travel overseas even as ask us to minimize walking especially the first week after transfer, implantation period. But stubborn me do travel a bit but only to desaru by car and I spent most of the time sitting :).

Ttc77, yeap it is getting hard for me too. Hardly reaching maximum depth now. I think the cervix is close.

Ttc77, yeap it is getting hard for me too. Hardly reaching maximum depth now. I think the cervix is close.

Haha n I thought it's just me.my Hubby still thought I'm not relaxed enough. Haha

Anyway this morning, backside itchy went to test n for a BFN: (

Re: utrogestan/Estrofem/progynova inserts---

A tip, use the applicator for 'PreSeed' lubricant for inserting the inserts and it sure made it much more easier..the size of the utrogestan fits just nicely in the applicator so no more sticking of medicine to your fingers or scare not insert deep enough..

this lubricant is available in guardian/ntuc unity/Watson and in a box, there are think about 9 applicators (3 in a packet) enough to use for the 2ww and even after..

FYI..

My gynae strictly prohibits us to travel overseas even as ask us to minimize walking especially the first week after transfer, implantation period. But stubborn me do travel a bit but only to desaru by car and I spent most of the time sitting :).
Thanks Ellesie.

Anyway this morning, backside itchy went to test n for a BFN: (

We need to keep telling ourselves it's still early.
Wife had spotting on 8dp2dt and today spotting again at 10dp2dt plus af cramps. So she is very gutted also and thinking this cycle is bust

We need to keep telling ourselves it's still early.
Wife had spotting on 8dp2dt and today spotting again at 10dp2dt plus af cramps. So she is very gutted also and thinking this cycle is bust

Ya I'm trying to console myself it's early

But spotting could be implantation

Does kkh has requirement to Inform them when u spot?
My nurse at Thomson fertility center told me to inform them immediately once there is spotting or I see blood

Ya gooiee, agree with ttc77. Maybe can inform nurse abt the spotting? I read it could be due to low progesterone.

Hi chrisl
Thanks for the info.

A tip, use the applicator for 'PreSeed' lubricant for inserting the inserts and it sure made it much more easier..the size of the utrogestan fits just nicely in the applicator so no more sticking of medicine to your fingers or scare not insert deep enough..

this lubricant is available in guardian/ntuc unity/Watson and in a box, there are think about 9 applicators (3 in a packet) enough to use for the 2ww and even after..

FYI..

Wave ChrisL!! It's me again!!

Straw1 and ttc77 thanks for the info. Will try to call kk and hope they entertain. U know how it is in "public" hospital.

Kkh said to just observe first until see fresh blood or full flow. Kinda expected answer. Why they don't check the progesterone?

Kkh said to just observe first until see fresh blood or full flow. Kinda expected answer. Why they don't check the progesterone?

Just wondering.. Would you want a 2nd opinion? Somehow in my memory, I recall reading that another sister had spotting, KKH did not do anything. So she went to see Dr Loh and Dr Loh gave some support.. Maybe you can call up Dr Loh's clinic and ask if it's possible?

Ya freezing is costly. Headache tt kkh dun accept frozen from others ever since e mix up sega last time.
Kkh has a minimum crateria to meet for sperm freezing amt to see enough to proceed to ivf or not. Before they allow us to proceed to councelling n ivf. Headache. Yes, he needs to produce fresh during e actual proc. The frozen 1s are backup also. Now i can only cross fingers his frozen is enough to meet kkh minimum crateria. We only can do icsi.
Hi hi Connie, my hubby did sperm freezing in kk too. For the procedure they plan 2 dates for my hubby to produce sample in case the first sample was insufficient. I can't remember if I was the one who called kkivf or they called me to say the sample is sufficient & 2nd appt was cancelled. I remember the nurse told me that sufficient supply is when they thaw the sperm, only 50% sperm survive and the quantity from this 50% should be enough to do an ivf procedure.

I got the same answer...but i pressed on to ask what if the spotting persists. She tell me i can go to 24 hr o&g clinic to see doc there. I went and doc did a check and gave me extra progesterone.

Hope this helps.

FYI..
Is the Pre-seed lubricant suitable for use during ivf process and pregency?

I got the same answer...but i pressed on to ask what if the spotting persists. She tell me i can go to 24 hr o&g clinic to see doc there. I went and doc did a check and gave me extra progesterone.

Hope this helps.
look like gooiee shld go straight to O&G

Ya freezing is costly. Headache tt kkh dun accept frozen from others ever since e mix up sega last time.
Kkh has a minimum crateria to meet for sperm freezing amt to see enough to proceed to ivf or not. Before they allow us to proceed to councelling n ivf. Headache. Yes, he needs to produce fresh during e actual proc. The frozen 1s are backup also. Now i can only cross fingers his frozen is enough to meet kkh minimum crateria. We only can do icsi.

I'm a bit confused. I'm with SGH, my husband sperms is definitely not enough, so he is asked to store 5 tubes of his sperms plus produce the fresh one on ER days. We can't game on what he can produce on the actual day...

Thanks for e info hopeful13 n riverone. Yup, every hospital has different protocols. We went sgh n wasnt even enrol for freeze :) last time private clinic told me no need to freeze but i kiasu go n freeze now it cant be used at kkh cos kkh dun accept outside samples. Judging from wat hopeful13 says, guess kkh will need us to store 2 times means my nov ivf cycle should not able to make it le. Money money n money for freezing, preparation, tcm, icsi...

Sorry for e rattling as i feel this process is getting tough..

Last edited:
Thanks for e info hopeful13 n riverone. Yup, every hospital has different protocols. We went sgh n wasnt even enrol for freeze :) last time private clinic told me no need to freeze but i kiasu go n freeze now it cant be used at kkh cos kkh dun accept outside samples. Judging from wat hopeful13 says, guess kkh will need us to store 2 times means my nov ivf cycle should not able to make it le. Money money n money for freezing, preparation, tcm, icsi...
Connie, maybe u call kkivf to check if it's sufficient. Sometimes they don't call back means it's sufficient. But if your hubby can produce sample for ER day, then u might not even need to use the frozen sample.

Connie, maybe u call kkivf to check if it's sufficient. Sometimes they don't call back means it's sufficient. But if your hubby can produce sample for ER day, then u might not even need to use the frozen sample.
Hopeful, we havent done e freezing yet. We went to counter to book a date le.the nurse mentioned may not be enough for 1 sample for us.
Precisely, er day if fresh used,e frozen will not be used and e money put in to freeze x no of samples will be to drain..tt is wat happens to our frozen samples in private.
Just ignore me. Feeling emo..just pray tt thgs will turn out good in e end

Hi sisters, I wan to ask if there is anyone here who has taken norethisterone to induce AF.

I had a D&C and waiting for my AF to report. I saw dr tan on fri and on sat morning I started with 2 pills of the med. then on sat late morning I start to spot. Been spotting till now. No full flow yet. Should I continue the med????

Appreciate replies.
hi @tsf0205,
i took nor-e for abt 5-7 days. menses came abt 1 day before my 1st appt with my ivf dr. that's abt a few days after i stopped my nor-e as advised by dr/nurse

Hopeful, we havent done e freezing yet. We went to counter to book a date le.the nurse mentioned may not be enough for 1 sample for us.
Precisely, er day if fresh used,e frozen will not be used and e money put in to freeze x no of samples will be to drain..tt is wat happens to our frozen samples in private.
Just ignore me. Feeling emo..just pray tt thgs will turn out good in e end
No worries! For me I rather have a backup plan in case hub has performance anxiety on ER & can't produce fresh. Then at least I got back up. So sayang your back up in pte can't be transferred to kk.

I'm really getting more n more worried. I'm getting to feel very familiar AF cramps which I get few days before I get my menses. N I suddenly become super tired. N I'm usually super shag few days before my AF. Not Sure is it Cos I've started work n I don't gave enough sleep or what. Depression is starting to sink in alrdy.
Will menses be regular this cycle? Cos if I'm getting my normal menses, it should be few days before my BT

Ttc77 don't worry so much. The progesterone is supposed to stop yr menses from coming until u stop the medication if it's a confirm
Bfn. Menses will come 2 days later. Everyone is different though. When is yr scheduled BT? I always tell myself that there is a reason why it's unsuccessful. It's better then having a MC later on. Take care

Ttc77 don't worry so much. The progesterone is supposed to stop yr menses from coming until u stop the medication if it's a confirm
Bfn. Menses will come 2 days later. Everyone is different though. When is yr scheduled BT? I always tell myself that there is a reason why it's unsuccessful. It's better then having a MC later on. Take care
My BT is next mon
But am beginning to feel that familiar pre menses cramp starting yday
Hai

Ttc77, dun read too much into symptoms. Although I confirm bfp, till now also still hv the cramps like af coming soon also feel very tired. When is ur bt? My hpt only showed bfp 2 days before bt. Before that I tested all are bfn. Just keep the faith n ask embbies to hold on tight

Back