IVF/ICSI Support Group

Hi ladies. .with a heavy heart im making my way to work now. Its a BFN for me from my BT last fri. Needed e wkend to sort out my thots and frustrations. Though I had this slight feeling its might not work out too coz after a wk..I felt too gd to b true..I resisted POAS but on my BT day, I simply took my BBT just to chk..it wasnt exactly high so I was kinda prepared BUT still hoping. ...

I just dont understand why.. my embryo report said e eggs and sperms are gd..shldnt b a problem. But then again I knew my lining is always a problem and I cannot hold pregancies, with my history of 2 m/c and 1 chem preg frm SOIUI.

Now I can only plan for a hols which my hubby has been wanting to go and actually had asked me to postpone my IVF till next yr coz we r celebrating our 7th wedding anni. Looks like my next cycle will b next june due to e nature of my work. I still have 13 frozen embbies..

All the best to the rest of u!!

Missyserene, I'm sorry to hear the sad news. Take time to heal amd come back stronger to do your fet. 13 frozen embbies sound promising.

Hi ladies. .with a heavy heart im making my way to work now. Its a BFN for me from my BT last fri. Needed e wkend to sort out my thots and frustrations. Though I had this slight feeling its might not work out too coz after a wk..I felt too gd to b true..I resisted POAS but on my BT day, I simply took my BBT just to chk..it wasnt exactly high so I was kinda prepared BUT still hoping. ...

I just dont understand why.. my embryo report said e eggs and sperms are gd..shldnt b a problem. But then again I knew my lining is always a problem and I cannot hold pregancies, with my history of 2 m/c and 1 chem preg frm SOIUI.

Now I can only plan for a hols which my hubby has been wanting to go and actually had asked me to postpone my IVF till next yr coz we r celebrating our 7th wedding anni. Looks like my next cycle will b next june due to e nature of my work. I still have 13 frozen embbies..

Hugs babe. Take a good break n tiao your body in the meantime. U still have 13 frozen embbies. I'm very confident it will happen to u one day k

So sorry to hear that. I know how ivf is especially tough knowing that science took us 90% of the way already leaving just 10% to complete the process and yet sometimes it just doesn't happen and it gets devastating. But on the positive note you have 13 more eggs and people say fet has a better chance because your body is free from all the medication so I am sure you will have your day when the time comes

gooiee n ttc77, still too early to test. Try again 3-4days b4 bt! All the best!
As for tcm, it depends on urself. Diff drs will have different school of thoughts. I feel for ivf, alot is psychological support. If u feel that it will work for u, jus go for it! Just take it 2-3hrs in between tcm n western med. :)
Hugz missyserene. Alot of ppl says fet gives higher chance. Hope next rd will be the one for u! Jiayou, dun give up!

Straw, wait til thursday if you want to HPT again. Re the symptoms, dun read too much as the 2ww support does mess us up a bit

@kymkym,does kk provide u a copy of e sperms freezing report? Do u know how much amt of sperms is considered sufficient in kkh's sperms freezing definition such that a 2nd storage is not required?
i am not sure is there any form (i doubt so) cos my HB did it on his own. they need a tube for each cycle. so they draw 4 tudes during his last op. i believe they will draw the max and freeze those unused. I am not sure how is ur HB condition. If he can produce sperms for each cycle, then i think they will not draw much? for my HB case is diff, his sperm need to retrieve via op.

How's everybody? Thought I can go my fet this week or so... Just went for scan, my polyp is back!!! Lining no good too, need to take med to dry up the lining

Should I just give up? Never have I been so negative in all my cycles before

hi i have read that some sisters requested for progesterone BT during their 2ww. but i just,called kkh, they say they dont do. is it only in pte clinic? which day after transfer to go for the test? TIA....

I also very stress
Today is 5dp5dt and it is bfn, I was asked to do beta this coming friday. Is it too early?
Hi Straw 1, it's definitely too early. I also tested bfn on 8dp5dt but on 9dp5dt, it was bfp, which was 2 days before the beta test. dun stress urself ok?

Hugs, Missyserene. Hope FET will be a better option for u . jia you and enjoy ur holiday first, who knows u might just hit the jackpot unexpectedly :)

hi i have read that some sisters requested for progesterone BT during their 2ww. but i just,called kkh, they say they dont do. is it only in pte clinic? which day after transfer to go for the test? TIA....
For private, they monitor progesterone very closely. I did my transfer on 18th, i need to do my progesterone bt on 20th, then another one on 24th. I had my beta test on 29th and it's a BFP but still have to do hcg & progesterone bt on 31st and this morning as well. The nurse told me i might need to do again on this coming Wed. The reason for all this is because my progesterone keeps on dropping though my hcg is rising.

How's everybody? Thought I can go my fet this week or so... Just went for scan, my polyp is back!!! Lining no good too, need to take med to dry up the lining

Should I just give up? Never have I been so negative in all my cycles before
Huh?? Wat is this? Y come back?? I getting worried liao.
I dunno abt mine. Me Seeing doc this fri

Missyserene hugs. Next try to focus on work and spend quality time with other half. Ttc/ivf is just part of our lives. Do what you both enjoy best now....now till June is quite some time away so cherish these few months! And I believe things happen when we least expect it. Hope you will feel better soon.

It's confuscing...sinseh say can take but up to u. Thn hospital say stop. Dunno who shld I listen
There will usually be conflict of interest between west n east medicine. It's definitely to your discretion if you wanna do both concurrently.

For me I don't like to mix. I rather focus one at each time.

I also very stress
Today is 5dp5dt and it is bfn, I was asked to do beta this coming friday. Is it too early?
I know what u mean especially since dr Google has so many posts of ivfers getting bfp on 10dpo and somehow we wished that we are part of that statistics. Now we can only hope that we belong to the it's too early to detect stats. At the back of our heads there's always the why so many people can but it just doesn't happen to us.

Hi sisters, I wan to ask if there is anyone here who has taken norethisterone to induce AF.

I had a D&C and waiting for my AF to report. I saw dr tan on fri and on sat morning I started with 2 pills of the med. then on sat late morning I start to spot. Been spotting till now. No full flow yet. Should I continue the med????

Appreciate replies.

Hi sisters, I wan to ask if there is anyone here who has taken norethisterone to induce AF.

I had a D&C and waiting for my AF to report. I saw dr tan on fri and on sat morning I started with 2 pills of the med. then on sat late morning I start to spot. Been spotting till now. No full flow yet. Should I continue the med????

Appreciate replies.
Is yr dnc done by dr tan hh? How long has e dnc been already?

Ellesie, thank you for your encouragement, I hope I also one of the lucky ladies that can get bfp although I am not very optimist now. I scared I will be in a deep disapointment if bfn.

Gooiee, thats right, I decide to test coz of googling too. Now I feel very tired and pre af symptoms start to appear.

It's confuscing...sinseh say can take but up to u. Thn hospital say stop. Dunno who shld I listen
Colettines, same as me but luckily my tcm understand that western doctor doesnt allow us to take tcm when we start the program. Western doesnt allow us to take because they do not know what is it inside the med and do not know if there is any side effect on the hormone jab.

No matter what, you can do what is comfortable with you.

Ellesie, thank you for your encouragement, I hope I also one of the lucky ladies that can get bfp although I am not very optimist now. I scared I will be in a deep disapointment if bfn.

Gooiee, thats right, I decide to test coz of googling too. Now I feel very tired and pre af symptoms start to appear.
straw 1, dun look into the symptoms, cos even until now i still have the pre af symptoms such as cramp. i know how anxious u are cos when i tested bfn on 8dp5ft, i really cry my heart out and feel i sure fail. but it turns out to be wrong. just keep on talking to ur embbies and ask them to stick u to no matter what. jia you :)

I din do during 2ww though I was doubtful with kkh support. Previously pte gave much more support than kkh. However, decided to bochap n live with it. Only after bfp den I request to test for progesterone for ease of mind that it is sufficient to support the pregnancy. But im sure if u wanna do mid-2ww test, jus tell ur dr, dr normally more accommodating.

Hi Colettines! Ya me too in a dilemma like u! Which tcm u seeing now? I'm with TSB. She stopped all when I started taking nor e, and throughout the stimmulation. Only when D2 transfer then start to drink. I'm still contemplating although I Alrdy bought the meds... Haiz. Wats your status now?

Connie, I dunno why but doc says it's my hormone.

Redvel, take pills for 21 dats to dry up lining, to see him in next cycle n if still like that continue with med until lining is perfect.

Tsf, I just started taking norethisterone. 2 tablets twice a day to dry up the lining and hopefully the polyp will be cleared together too. Doc told me it's another type of progesterone and it will delay my menses. Af will come once I stop the med

D&C on 30/9 till now, 4 weeks plus
I read from other sis that after dnc,menses take 4 to 6 wks to come. Hugs,mayhi it is on e way soon
Connie, I dunno why but doc says it's my hormone.

Redvel, take pills for 21 dats to dry up lining, to see him in next cycle n if still like that continue with med until lining is perfect.

Tsf, I just started taking norethisterone. 2 tablets twice a day to dry up the lining and hopefully the polyp will be cleared together too. Doc told me it's another type of progesterone and it will delay my menses. Af will come once I stop the med
janices, hugs. spend blood n money on e op n still it come back! Sickening polyp..u take care n rest well.

I'm taking norethisterone for 7 days. today is the 5th day I am taking it. AF will come 3-5 days after stopping the medication. Only stop taking it if it is a full flow AF. I hope my AF comes after stopping the medication because I am starting my first IVF cycle.

i am not sure is there any form (i doubt so) cos my HB did it on his own. they need a tube for each cycle. so they draw 4 tudes during his last op. i believe they will draw the max and freeze those unused. I am not sure how is ur HB condition. If he can produce sperms for each cycle, then i think they will not draw much? for my HB case is diff, his sperm need to retrieve via op.
Kymkym,thanks for e reply. My husband was ask to produce naturally for freezing as a backup. Not enough then see doc advise wat e next step. For op,yr hubby did it with kkh doc?is it painful n expensive?i dun really wish to put my hubby under e knife if it is not needed.

I read from other sis that after dnc,menses take 4 to 6 wks to come. Hugs,mayhi it is on e way soon

janices, hugs. spend blood n money on e op n still it come back! Sickening polyp..u take care n rest well.
Haha ya loh it's true!!!!! But I was told after D&C menses will still come on time (which mine did) but will be lighter flow no full flow

Hi Colettines! Ya me too in a dilemma like u! Which tcm u seeing now? I'm with TSB. She stopped all when I started taking nor e, and throughout the stimmulation. Only when D2 transfer then start to drink. I'm still contemplating although I Alrdy bought the meds... Haiz. Wats your status now?
Pinkfuchsia, i'm with zou yumin. I juz had sme spotting waiting for full flow to set appt for scanning To start my 2nd fresh cycle. Hopefully this time I will have more eggs and better quality.

Haha ya loh it's true!!!!! But I was told after D&C menses will still come on time (which mine did) but will be lighter flow no full flow
Mine also come on time n full flow! But tsf is mc dnc,maybi ours not e real dnc type as in ours is hysteroscopy

Last edited:
Pinkfuchsia, i'm with zou yumin. I juz had sme spotting waiting for full flow to set appt for scanning To start my 2nd fresh cycle. Hopefully this time I will have more eggs and better quality.
Oh I'm in the midst of my 2nd fresh too! Yea same hopes for more and better quality eggs. How abt tcm? Will u be taking it?

I've taken NorE before and knows how it works. But becos now I take 2 pills the. AF spotting. Not v light spotting but light bleeding... I stop NorE on sat... I dunno to continue or nt

Connie! I was a bit shocked myself. I 'hunted' for the best embryologist only to discover he left. Doc told me he trained his successor well before he left so I can only hope it is true.

I also just found out on the day I do my transfer cos I notice his name is no longer on the board on the wall. The nurse told me he was replaced by another senior embryologist but I'm not sure who he is as no name has been put on the board yet, at that day.

Chuckles,yes i was very shocked! Today i call n ask n was told this. i still have frozen sperms at sincere. Thinking of going back to him if i do not meet kkh minmum sperm crateria for frozen sperm for icsi= Meaning cant do ivf at kkh if so. Haiz. Want to enjoy govt funding if can but seems not tt easy for us.
Ellesie,so yrs is done by e new embrologist?

Last edited:
Kymkym,thanks for e reply. My husband was ask to produce naturally for freezing as a backup. Not enough then see doc advise wat e next step. For op,yr hubby did it with kkh doc?is it painful n expensive?i dun really wish to put my hubby under e knife if it is not needed.
yes. he mentioned it was painful...ooch. and freezing also costly. In your case, i dun think ur hb need to go under knife. most likely hospital will ask ur hb to standby and produce fresh one on your ET day unless it is a icsi procedure.

I also just found out on the day I do my transfer cos I notice his name is no longer on the board on the wall. The nurse told me he was replaced by another senior embryologist but I'm not sure who he is as no name has been put on the board yet, at that day.

Ellise can u tell how much in total u spent for this cycle?

yes. he mentioned it was painful...ooch. and freezing also costly. In your case, i dun think ur hb need to go under knife. most likely hospital will ask ur hb to standby and produce fresh one on your ET day unless it is a icsi procedure.
Ya freezing is costly. Headache tt kkh dun accept frozen from others ever since e mix up sega last time.
Kkh has a minimum crateria to meet for sperm freezing amt to see enough to proceed to ivf or not. Before they allow us to proceed to councelling n ivf. Headache. Yes, he needs to produce fresh during e actual proc. The frozen 1s are backup also. Now i can only cross fingers his frozen is enough to meet kkh minimum crateria. We only can do icsi.

The embryologist at sincere is a lady. She seems nice. She was also the one who talked to me for the ivf counselling.
I went to see doc today. Progynova is upped to 6 times a day. Starting utrogestan inserts 3 times a day from tomorrow. Starting heparin and aspirin therapy tomorrow too. More injections! I hope my blood won't suffocate my babies of their oxygen this time round.

Back